NextCare Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Great company
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 17, 2018
Fully enjoy working at NextCare. As a Provider, your efficiency really is based on how effectively you can communicate with patients and also with your support staff. This can be challenging at times.

The range of patient complaints is very wide. Must be comfortable interacting with patients of all ages, removing toenails, suturing, stapling, and educating/training MA staff.

Never have to work with the bare necessities. There is xray on site. Very supportive managers.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Uc patient flow varies
Learning business
Accounts Receivable Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 30, 2018
Company allowed me to learn collections on a broader ins carrier perspective, company has great medical, dental, vision, life insurance, also provides a clinic discount
Pros
Job location
Cons
Laid off with no notice
Happy
Radiologic Technologist/Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22405September 20, 2018
Great computer system and workflow setup. Laboratory setting is very organized and easy to work in. It was always a relaxed and enjoyable environment to work in.
Modern day slavery.
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2018
If you need a job then go, but dont stay there long. Long hours with no help. You will be the only person seeing 30 to 50 patients by yourself. Cut throat. They close clinics without saying anything to employees, patients or their vendors they work with. Salary is a toss up. If you catch them when they're desperate strike fast. Just know they operate with a skeleton crew. Staff they hire is not experienced. Which is kinda dangerous. If you must go there go during the summer. Alot slower . Be better for training. Dont expect lunch or breaks. If your still going to school it would be fine but with a price.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Salary, hours and no help. Management.
Busy
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 14, 2018
AT my time of employment I was not trained proficiently and I was left to my own very quickly bit I picked things up and I prospered. It was a very busy place and very long hours but i did enjoy the work.
Pros
staff
Cons
hours
Not the best, but its okay when your fresh out of school
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 12, 2018
Horrible.place to.work. its great starting out once you get out of school. All imma say is get in get your skills and get out ! Nothing but drama. If your coworker calls out your working by yourself. Your literally just a worker ant here and not appreciated at all of you go the extra mile.
Pros
12hr shifts more days off
Cons
Mangement. High school drama. Overworked and underpaid
very high turn over.
Front office PCC/MA (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 4, 2018
they keep and reward the lazy people that still from the company and let go of the hard workers that actually care about what they do. This is not a good place to work the pay very little and they don't give raises unless you either threaten to quit or you are a yes man/ or woman.
Company
Vice President of Operations - East Region (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 4, 2018
NextCare was a very good company to work for. They do an excellent job of keeping the focus on taking care of the patient. Fast paced environment in the clinics.

Fair compensation and benefits.
Pros
Good work environment
No not a good company
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 4, 2018
I worked long hours and was only there for seasonal work with no opportunity to get full time work. No benifits were offered. I liked that there was multiple xray tech available.
Pros
Good hourly pay
Don't Recommend
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 2, 2018
I love my coworkers (that was the most enjoyable part of the job). However, management is poor. You work 12+ hour shifts and most days with no break for lunch. They are constantly understaffed. The pay is not competitive for the area and is so little compared to what they ask from you. The clinic is open 7 days a week from 8 to 8 and 95 % you are not going home until after 830 (during Flu season i was there until 11). I do not recommend.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
everything else
Busy
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 2, 2018
Very busy, fast paced
Breaks and lunches are given here
No advancement I was hired for BO and never did BO only the front because of lack of management training and okaying it
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
unfriendly management
Fun workplace, face paced environment, great team communication
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 27, 2018
The environment is awesome, great workers, face paced, a little something different everyday!! The manager is great the hours a bit rough for such a busy place
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
Short lunches on 12 hour days, some benifits
terrible company
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  gateway clinic, fredericksburg vaAugust 19, 2018
This company is horrible, do NOT take a job with this company. You will be stuck at front desk for 13+ hrs with no break to even use the restroom, let alone eat. Patient volume, and work load is enough to make even the strongest person stressed beyond measure. A large portion of new hires go home cryimg during training because you are thrown to the wolves. 75% of employees are miserable and searching for another job
Pros
Cons
no breaks whatsoever
poor management
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 30, 2018
I wore several different hats and was given several responsibilities i was not paid for and to top it all off i was infected with the Hantavirus from a rodent infestation at Nextcare which they are completely ignoring and refuse to handle accordingly. My work comp was denied
Lazy Employees/Favoritism in management
Radiology Technician/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJuly 26, 2018
When I first started this job, it was wonderful! However, lack of work ethic and laziness among employees takes its toll. I felt alone and as if I was finishing tasks beyond what others achieved. Management would then address this to everyone, but they never addressed it to those who weren't trying. This would be co-workers with seniority or a show of favoritism.

There is a lack of compassion from one employee to another.
There was a lot of tension and drama. I felt like I was back in high school. The lack of communication astounded me! It was as if my employees never talked to another human before.

There were a few wonderful employees with kind hearts and a natural ability to care for others. It is sad to say, a select few found better jobs and left the company. When I had the chance to work with them, my day was easy and manageable.
Pros
Great benefits and overtime.
Cons
Management of employees and their duties. Equality among the workers.
Changing and challenging environment, Diverse cases - Location Dependent
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 20, 2018
About as expected for an urgent care. Generally, staff is overworked, breaks aren't strictly regulated. Depending on the clinic location is of course more or less what to expect - some are more political or clique than others. All in all, not bad.
great place to work
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 27, 2018
Top management was always available to mentor your weakness and help you become successful. They would explain what their need was and what was needed by you.
I loved this place
Medical Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 22, 2018
This job is fair with wages, i loved that I only worked 3 days a week, and my Manager was amazing and always helped me when needed & worked with me when my daughter was really sick.
Pros
3 days a week, & It was always positive there
Cons
Some times in the slow times hours were cut
Friendly helpful staff
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJune 14, 2018
Fast paced. mission driven hard working group of people truly enjoying their choice in career. Wish there was more incentive for doing amazing job and room for advancement.
NextCare Urgent Care
Clinic Manager II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2018
I initially loved this company, but then I became a manager. Unfortunately the Area I was in was managed by someone who had no business managing multiple clinics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NextCare Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about