NextCare Urgent Care
59Below average

NextCare Urgent Care Employee Reviews

United States277 reviews
There is a high turn over and management doesn't seem to care about getting the shifts covered or hiring enough people. No one wants to cover shifts because everyone's burned out, quitting, on leave, or just at work regretting their life decisions that have led them to this place. I didn't learn much. Depending on the location some coworkers were really nice, and some locations people were snooty. Constantly trying to throw people under the bus to make themselves look good. Everyday your there is another jenga piece they try to take out of your self-worth. Everyday its something new to show you how much they don't give 2 poopoos about you whether its taking away a benefit, or putting you and your health at risk for the sake of convenience, and to save them money. There's one week a year everyone gets a review and a possible raise. If you were hired one day after that week you don't get a review or raise for that year, so you have to wait 2 years. Every ex coworker I remained friends with is so glad they left Nextcare. If you don't mind being treats like your worthless, you'll enjoy the flexible hours, oh wait they took that away too. hm yeah just not worth it. Managers don't know policies, your better off just acting like HR is your managers since the managers don't know what they're doing, or do and just don't care about putting people at risk. Hard work, picking up emergency shifts to help out the boss, and staying late to help, hardly gets noticed, and its never rewarded.
Pros
Mostly nice coworkers
Cons
expensive high deductible insurance, burn out, high turn overs, careless managers, etc
I worked here for awhile at the call center. It was dreadful, my leads were always talking to me like they didn’t understand what I was saying. Even if I explained it in the most blunt way possible, they made me feel stupid for pointing out things that contradicted themselves in the different resources they used. The training was not even training it was like learning in a classroom taking notes that didn’t have relevance to the actual job. They need to have a manual that people can prefer to.
Cons
You will be an MA, a nurse, and a lab tech...you won't be paid more for doing more. But wait I went to school for x-ray you say? You will feel like all your hard work to become a medical professional is a joke here. Their computer system is set up to have patients get more tests and you have to get a doc's approval to cancel the myriad of excessive tests each time you triage a patient. But the doctor is always busy so good luck getting their attention. The training they give is inadequate and you are left by yourself in no time. It's the kind of place that spends their money on TV's in each patient room and fancy computer tablets-that are a pain in the butt-to do any triage info on, its all a façade to look upscale. They should spend that money on more staff. The staff would benefit and the patients would benefit. The management had unrealistic expectations when they themselves didn't even know the policies. At one point they lost the xray leader marks- yes, you all share one set, so we had to just annotate all the images-bad practice there. Then the computer system didn't even work right so you couldn't annotate. That's when I left. I was not interested in risking my license by sending unmarked films over to a radiologist.
Pros
You quickly see through their BS
Cons
Pay was low, many duties other than x-ray, bad management
No management. Racist providers. No supplies. No staff. Negligent. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Will see patients run up the bill and then send them to the ER. Will run the clinic with one person in the back all day and few providers will help. You will have no breaks. They don't care about you or the patient, only money.
This company will do everything to not support you. Will see 50+ patients a day with one MA, no RT and a one front office staff. No culture. Management worries more about numbers than the mental and physical health of staff. Workhorse to fill someone else's pocket. Three physicians and 4 midlevel came and quit after just 6months or less with the company.
Cons
No breaks
Leave a review. Help people like you.
NextCare definitely is profit driven with a typical top-down corporate structure. Very little change is effected unless it's from the top. There is a constant expectation to work harder with fewer resources.
I love all my co workers and the providers I work with. But with management, of course they are all different. If you don't suck up and work when they need someone last minute. They don't care about you or ur needs. You do have to travel quite a bit even though they say you have a home clinic. Mostly because each manager has two or more clinics. And you also may have to work at a different managers clinic. There is alot of turnover understaffing
duedue to under
Pros
People, job is easy once you learn it.
Cons
In theory great company. Reviews never prompt or fair for bonuses. Work with no recognition. Be expected to do more than job description no extra $$$.
If you are considering a career at NextCare........Reconsider! You will work tireless hours under a management staff that could care less if you existed. The only time you get acknowledged is when you do something exactly as directed and they need someone to blame when their method (that you told them was not the right way) fails. This is a terrible company to work for!
Doing nothing to help staff during covid 19 crisis. Furloughed some and cut hours for everyone which cut everyone’s pay or made them use all pto. Except for salaried managers and above. Did nothing to support their employees. Basically cut staff and made people work harder for less pay. No since of job security. Small businesses did more for their employees then this larger company did for theirs.
The most enioyable part of the job was going home. Extremely lazy coworkers make the long 12+ hr shifts unbearable that managers are unable/willing to control. Constant calling out and terrible pay. Staff that worked there 3+ years only made a .15 cent difference from starting pay of around 12.75 though they "pay by experience". Couldn't provide proper PPE and on top of it all providers acted like children and were unprofessional.
I was bullied by the district manager. To my knowledge he did end up loosing his position. He was in banking attempting to treat a medical facility the same he would treat a bank environment. The medical field should always be aimed towards the treatment of it's patients not about greed!!
The best part of my job is my coworkers! Hands down the best team I have ever worked with and the only reason I stay. I only wish I got paid more and the benefits offered were better
Pros
Great Coworkers, great hours
Cons
Pay, benefits
i meet a lot of really nice people while working there. the management will schedule you 7 days a week and you work nearly 60+ a week. very little appreciation. the employees are really kind and will usually switch shifts with each other.
I have learn a great deal while I was there. The management was great believed in the open door policy. the have provided great training and tools to complete the job.
While working at Next Care I was able to learn new skills that I hadn't used in my pediatric career over the past 15 years. Being able to learn more about adult medicine was a good experience.
As a staff member of Next Care I never went to the same work day. There were many different needs of patients that required medical assistance. Patients from different cultures and range of age would need to be assisted. Working in this environment exposed me to different possible areas of interest in nursing.
If you want to feel like cattle about to get slaughtered, then this place is for you! Nextcare only cares about money and could care less about employees unless you are their favorite person that gossips about the other clinics. Management has said to others that have threatened to quit because of how they are treated “I could care less if you leave”. They will make sure you are out numbered and that you feel so low about yourself that your last reaort is to quit without a job just to get away from them
They have tons of adds for PTR positions and bonuses offered but they sent me packing before my probation was over because they want speed and the providers want Medicine details, and they are picky about how you take x-rays.
Seems like the staff is judging you if you are new and they have the final say as to whether you stay or leave . Manager was hardly there . She would just ask other ma’s how you are doing.

We were told to start at 730 am however no one would show up until 7:50. It opens at 8 am and it takes 15 min to log in and sign in for your shift.
Was a decent work environment but the hours were long and the benefits that were offered didn't seem all that great. There employees I worked with were very nice.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at NextCare Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9