NextEra Energy Employee Reviews

Fortune 500 company
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLDecember 9, 2018
Professional work environment. Flexibility in terms of work hours. On-site fitness center. Difficult, if not impossible, to effect change. Some co-workers were highly politicized.
A great company to work for
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 6, 2018
The work I have at NextEra energy resources, Inc. is challenging and rewarding. I work for a contract company which provides healthcare for the NextEra employees and their dependents on site at the 2 main Miami offices. I have Direct Access to provide PT care to patients without a referral for 30 days. However, I have on site providers who refer patients to PT. The offices are pleasant and the teamwork is outstanding.
Pros
Autonomy as a PT, teamwork with medical providers
Cons
Documentation
Business Analyst Trainer (Current Employee) –  Waymart, PADecember 4, 2018
Management moving jobs overseas. Company is moving farther away from the personal touch. Employees are just a number. Company is requiring more employees to move to corporate location.
Rewarding Job
GRS Technician II (Current Employee) –  IowaDecember 3, 2018
Good work life balance with fair management. Benefits are good and starting pay was satisfactory. As with most big companies, some challenges with jumping through hoops and ladders before things happen.
Do not wish to review
Transmission Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLNovember 30, 2018
NextEra Energy proved excellent benefits. Specifically in the area of vacation and on-site groups and activities (strictly at the main office).

Pay compensation is poor. The company focuses on reducing O&M and does not promote much from within. Many middle level positions have been eliminated in order to reduce pay scales and promotions.

Bonuses are porr.

A lot of politics are involved with promotions.

Great company to work for if want to become comfortable and are not too worried about pay. Expect 2.5% per year.
Pros
Employee Resource Groups and Great Vacation Benefits
Cons
Poor salary and bonus compensation; Flexible Work Schedules vary from group to group
Good place and Good Company
Wind field Service Tech III (Current Employee) –  Sterling City, TXNovember 30, 2018
It is a good place to work and meet people If you like to work on big things you will learn every day stuff and the schooling is good just about 4 years behind
Great company
Wind Turbine Technician (Current Employee) –  McCamey, TXNovember 29, 2018
One of the best companies around. they do have some flause but im positive they will fix them throughout their growth. I'ts a good job for someone that is interested in working on electrical/ mechanical environment.
Unfortunately not favorable
Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  House, NMNovember 27, 2018
The ability for this company to be fulfilling for employment never came to the surface the management could not be trusted a very inconsistent company
Pros
Not enough to mention
Cons
Too many to mention
Safety first culture
Production Technician I (Current Employee) –  Boron, CANovember 26, 2018
A good company overall with good benefits. Power industry is a dangerous place to work but this company practices one of the best safety cultures I've ever seen.
Pros
Work life balance, benefits and advancement
Cons
12 hour shifts
Amazing company to work for
Production Tech Leader (Former Employee) –  Sayreville, NJNovember 15, 2018
Working in a Power Plant setting, each day brought new challenges. A typical work day would keep you busy and there was always something to do. It was never a boring job. The management and the co-workers at the plant level were some of the best to work with in my career. The upper and senior management were down to earth people and very easy to talk to. The culture in the company overall was friendly. We all lead by example and performed to the highest standards possible to achieve operational excellence. It what was expected and we were rewarded for a job well done. There was always someone to ask questions if you needed an answer. There was never really a hard part of the job. I enjoyed my time with the company and miss it every day since I left. If it wasn't for wanting to perform a new Power Plant start up, I would still be with NextEra Energy. It is by far one of the best companies I work for and it will remain one of the best because of the people who work for them and the outlook on their future is always going in the right direction.
Pros
Everything you could ask from an employer
Cons
No issues.

Want to know more about NextEra Energy?

Ask a question
NSPEO/RW Operator (Current Employee) –  Palo, IANovember 9, 2018
Would be nice if the Nuclear Plant would not be closing.
Nice environment to work in.
The most enjoyable part of the job is everyday brings new challenges that you are faced with and have to overcome.
Not What I thought
Inactive Accounts Recv Rep (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 3, 2018
I went back to school to get my MBA and my Master's degrees; not only have I not moved up in the company, I am on the verge of losing my job. Between downsizing and "politics" the higher ups make it seem like it takes an act of God to climb the corporate ladder; but then you'll see someone come in with the right connections and just skyrocket up.
Pros
Gym on site, 401k, insurance
Cons
low pay, hard to move up
Great culture and people!
Sr. Joint Interest Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2018
In the short time I was with the company, I really enjoyed the people and the culture. There is still a learning curve for the accounting group in the Houston office, but the workplace culture makes up for the temporary struggle.
Awesome ! Not for the Lazy
Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  Brownell, KSOctober 30, 2018
Awesome company very fast paced and runs lean and they are pushing those limits. Had a great direct manager and an awesome team the vacation buys are awesome.
Cons
Work hours, Recognition
Great work enviornment
Nuclear Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo, IAOctober 27, 2018
The work was good, and you learn a lot on the job. Working in the nuclear industry is great, but it can be stressful at times due to all of the rules and regulations needed to keep a plant functioning and safe.
Competitive and Enjoyable
Wind Technician II (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAOctober 25, 2018
Normal work consists of the monitoring and troubleshooting of wind turbines. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather which varies dramatically depending on the site.
Great Company if you are a "chosen" one
Mid Level (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLOctober 20, 2018
No advancement for many. There is a real lack of leadership at the lower levels. Everyone is out for themselves. Managers are scared to death to make any errors and will blame staff for their mistakes. Not a good environment for most. If you happen to be liked, you will be fast tracked- Good luck with that. Most never get the opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, great Senior Management
Cons
No promotions, horrible leadership at a rank and file level.
High Stress Environment
Wind Technician (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 16, 2018
Majority of the company is set up to benefit Juno Beach management, everyone else is expendable and treated as such. Constant push to cut cost and provide "shareholder value" means assets are ran with minimal staffing and unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Supportive Lower/Middle Managers
Cons
Incompetent Upper Management
Fun and collaborative
Servant Leader (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLOctober 11, 2018
It was fun and a very productive environment thats make you learn and improve on your skills every day and working with of the the best teams that collaborate with each other
Pros
Health care
Cons
Insurance
Not many positive things to say.
Lead Project Engineer Energy Storage (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLOctober 8, 2018
There is no on boarding process for new hires, with many land minds to navigate on your own is risky as there are many Job ending mistakes that are often made.
The people are nice, but everyone looks out for themselves.
Management has high expectations that are rarely communicated.
There is an onsite gym that is a bit pricey but a nice amenity.
Pros
On site gym
Cons
High expectations with no communication.