NextEra Energy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Paying Job
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Boron CaliforniaAugust 17, 2018
The pay and benefits are great for the area and plenty of time off. The Jobs are great and the safety culture theory is top notch. Organization, being fair and care for employees could use some work.
Pros
pay and benifits
Cons
short to no breaks, favoritism
Something new everyday
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Limon, COAugust 14, 2018
Always a new development of skill. Not repetitive work which makes the job environment exciting and challenging. Management is pretty cool and they always encourage you to complete your online training to move up in opportunities and to get a raise. Very easy if you concentrate and apply yourself. Can be labor intensive at times can also be very lay back at other times.
Pros
Raises, benefits, 401k is 7% matched
Cons
Work in the cold and hot extrme weather. Long hours can be unfriendly with life and work balance
Good place
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 13, 2018
This was a good place work due to the people of course and the culture that developed; this has something to do with the location too, being in Florida helps the culture since going to places and socializing is very common. Management seems to be too focused on makeing the numbers (i understand, it is a business), but some flexibility with the employes could achieve better results.
Pros
Culture, Location, Tuition (outside and on-site), bonus
Cons
Not so flexible with schedule, hard to get promoted
Expensive Health Benefits
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLAugust 9, 2018
Group health insurance offered by Nextera was very expensive. It is also a deductible plan and not a copay plan. Was not expecting such a large profitable company to have insurance so expensive.
Great company
Production Tech-Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Indiantown, FLAugust 4, 2018
Great company, benefits are about industry standard, could be better, could be worse. Great work environment. Safety is king within the company (almost ridiculous) but needed for the type of work and dangers involved in working on/with/around power plant equipment
Pros
Bosses buy lunch, laid back when allowable, great pay
Cons
Benefits could be better, but they’re good enough
very good company above average
const mgr (Former Employee) –  West, TXAugust 1, 2018
above average company very good people trying very hard to prove for the company a positive outcome .All good with a positive outcome very supportive with a group effort.
Pros
Cons
good people
They are a high paced company but take care of their employees
Wind Turbine Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlock, ILJuly 26, 2018
I like what I do at NextEra energy but I’m always looking to advance my skill whether it be in the Wind Turbine business or another field. I would suggest NextEra to anyone looking to get into working on wind turbines due to their compassion for employees and their drive to be the best at what they do.
Best in the world
Regional Wind Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLJuly 21, 2018
NextEra is the best renewable energy company in the world. Everything they do is first class and they strive for continuous improvement at all times.
GREAT place to work
Tax Analyst - CONTRACT (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLJuly 19, 2018
I loved working here and only wish my time here was longer. Only drawback was no real communication among team and team leader. The atmosphere was wonderful and facility was a great place. I do not have anything negative to offer.
Temporary assignment
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Desert Center, CAJuly 18, 2018
Solar site completed management staff has moved on to other locations. Not the best place I've ever worked. I would not recommend me saying anything additional since I was not happy there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Located in the middle of nowhere
Excellent benefits and workplace, emphasis on healthy living
Nuclear Access Coordinator/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLJuly 17, 2018
The culture is vey much geared towards advancement and recognition in most areas, however there are blind spots that management does not see and that can be very stressful.
Pros
On site gym and dining
Cons
short sighted management not recognized and dealt with.
Good company
Sr. Agreements Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work. Good benefits. Good location. Cares about your health balance. Been a very stable and fast growing company. Work life and work balance.
Pros
Gym, doctor
Create Innovate Learn
I/O Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLJuly 14, 2018
Company is excellent. Opportunity to continue my focus on research that leverages my expertise in preparing students with the critical skills necessary to be successful. Engages in a partnerships with academic organizations that seeks to function effectively and efficiently through the talents of their people, and most importantly is looking to succeed in the marketplace.
Pros
Great benefits, wellness center, cafe and cafeteria
Cons
Tough to move up
good company
Customer Service Specialist (Web Support) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2018
they offer alot, but demand alot. its always full of young newcomers that stay for a year or two on and off during the year so there are always fresh faces, full of questions! Cafeteria and gym in the building is a plus.
call center
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 2, 2018
I am glad for the opportunity to work for this company. Being an employee allowed me to help both my children go to college. I was also able to earned my Bachelor's degree. Unfortunately, the workplace values are often spoken, but loosely followed.
Pros
compensation
benefits
Is a team oriented work enviroment.
Wind Technician II Intern (Former Employee) –  Touchet, WAJune 24, 2018
The whole staff at Next Era Was great. Really Nice place to work. every one works as a team to complete jobs that need to be done. The training was great.
Terrible company for young engineers to grow and advance.
Nuclear Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seabrook, NHJune 20, 2018
Supervisors care more about spending more time in the office than effectively completing work. The culture of this organization is downright depressing and is prevalent throughout all locations.
Stock price before People
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLJune 18, 2018
NextEra is quite open about its lack of concern for its employees. Expect to figure things out, with very little training or support. Employees appear unhappy for a reason. Pay is quite lower than industry average, and employees are viewed as dispensable by management. Bullying by fellow employees and management is quite common.
Strong level of engagement
Senior Attorney - CFTC Trading and Origination (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLJune 15, 2018
Overall, a strong company with intelligent employees. Provides an opportunity to work on complex, legal matters. Provides a strong compensation package.
Limited
Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  House, NMJune 13, 2018
Worked there 10 months. Culture and people were good. Manager was great. Work location and hours were not to my liking which drove my decision to leave