NextEra Energy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Limited
Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  House, NMJune 13, 2018
Worked there 10 months. Culture and people were good. Manager was great. Work location and hours were not to my liking which drove my decision to leave
Productive and collaborative work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLJune 13, 2018
A great place to learn about business and get exposure to the work force. Work starts at 730am and ends at 430pm with an hour lunch. Times are flexible per department. Each position is different with different teams solving different problems for the company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Competitive
They would steal the pennies off their poor dead mother's eyes to make their numbers
Senior Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLJune 12, 2018
The company is very large. Staff management is excellent. In general line management is mediocre to bad, and horribly overworked. Work life balance is poor. You have to arrange your own coverage to take vacation. Cross training is non-existent. When I went out on a medical leave, my books were a mess when I got back.
a lawsuit waiting to happen
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLJune 11, 2018
The Managers priorities were not about the skills the person has for the job, but for her insecurities. This did not change despite the fact that their department lost a lot of money. She verbalized that she hates skinny women.
Pros
the money
Cons
Misrepresentation of job description
I hate to say it...
Gearbox Tech. (Former Employee) –  Story City, IAJune 3, 2018
Everyone is out for themselves, management is weak, and training is terrible. They'll judge you on how fast you complete training with low speed/low quality internet connection. Forklift training was a joke, everybody got a "good enough" with bare minimum training which contridicts their safety 1st policy. NextEra Energy in itself seems like a nice company to work for however this particular location needs improvement.
Pros
Pay, Safety Culture, Safety Meetings
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Training, Lack of team work atmosphere
Nextera is a fast paced company
Production technicain leader (Current Employee) –  Hinkley, CAMay 28, 2018
Great place to work for. The safety culture is second to none. The senior management team really drives safety from the top. Nextera is a great company with unlimited advancement.
Fun job
Construction Supervisor/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMay 23, 2018
I've never been involved in a wind farm project before, so this was an extremely interesting job for as long as it lasted. It was an extremely challenging project experience due to the weather we experienced during construction
Good company
Wind Tech ll (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 21, 2018
Good company to work for. Working to.improver everyday. Need better management in the day to day operation and hold employees accountable and up to the same standards
Good work environment
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLMay 18, 2018
Nice place to work with a healthy work/personal life balance. My favorite thing about working for NextEra Energy was the on-sight gym and cafeteria which really helped me squeeze everything in.
Good Compensation for Job Title but not for Job Role
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLMay 17, 2018
NextEra Energy has great opportunities to acquire new skills and advance your career knowledge. But as any Fortune 500 company they are constantly trying to find ways to make the organizaiton leaner and more profitable. I personally have had great opportunities: however I'm comstantly put into roles that far exceed the scope of my job title. I do belive NextEra compensates employees fairly for their job title just not for the job role they actually perform.
Pros
Great career opportunities
Cons
Constant change and inadequate compensation for job role
High pace morning solar start-ups
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Mojave desert, CAMay 15, 2018
NextEra is a great place to work. There is plenty of room for advancements and the management strongly believes in work life balance. Hours may sound long but day goes by fast. Always lots of work to do. Plant is located 40 miles from most major cities in the high desert off of US Hwy 395 1 mile north of Hwy 58.
Pros
Company trains employees in all necessary aspects of there job scope.
Cons
Traveling on Hwy 395 to and from work is dangerous
very stressful work place
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLMay 11, 2018
excessive stress and nothing much to learn.
no appreciation for the good work but a lot of criticism for inability to meet illogical deadlines
high turnover due to excessive stress
expected to work without relevant training
Growing Portfolio
Networking Specialist/Wind Technician (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 8, 2018
NEXTera is the fastest growing company I ever worked for. The company has deep resources to fuel its appetite for growth. Promotion is a challenge uuless you work in the corporate headquarters.
High Performance Rating - Still Targeted for Layoff
Director (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLMay 4, 2018
Regardless of performance rating - if you are deemed highly compensated - you are a target for layoff because cost drives short term decisions. Very political environment. Keep your mouth shut and head down if you have any objections to senior leadership. Minorities are protected class. Good luck if you are middle age white male. If you are paid considerably higher than your peers - you are a potential target for layoff.
Pros
Stock doing well. Good people to work with
Cons
Not a safe environment to speak up, healthcare costs were progressive - the higher your salary, the more the company charged you for insurance
Good company to work for
Project Engineering Manager, Solar EPC (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLMay 1, 2018
Excellent job opportunity in the solar energy field. Job location could be any where in the USA. Pay is good and work challenges are excellent. Good work culture.
Nice work environment and fun to work at
IT Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 24, 2018
Enjoyed my tenure as a contractor. typical work day was meetings to start the day, give an update on your previous days work and any issues that was encountered or any concerns. The team was a bit short staffed, however, we generally got the job done within the SLAs. Enjoyed working with my team.
Great Enviornment
Corporate Accountant, Contract (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLApril 12, 2018
Great learning environment, regular employees always willing to help. Management willing to provide the tools for you to be successful even if your a contractor.
Pros
Great corporate culture.
Cons
Sometimes hours can be a little long during closings
Disconect with feild
Wind Field Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FL 33408April 11, 2018
Upper management does not know what is going on in the field. Then management wants to make dissensions on what to do and how. Upper management is always changing with no idea on what to do.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too many bosses
great work environment for a hard working person
Solar Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Hinkely caApril 5, 2018
To start off the day we first have a safety meeting and go over what the night shift has done or not done, then I would log into the computer to check all my emails from the company. Then I would precede to the shop where I would then start working. The current management needs to get some management skills on how to treat his employees. the hardest part of the job was dealing with paperwork and computer work that the company requires for every employee to complete plus do your regular job, and the most enjoyable part of the job was the four tens (ten hours a day four days a week) which left me three days off.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
lots of paperwork and computer work
Cycles through Job cuts every few years
Business Service (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLMarch 13, 2018
If you are looking for long term employment, look elsewhere. Company likes to reorganize and reduce employees every few years. Few places to move up in the company.