NextGen Healthcare Employee Reviews

Relaxed place to work / diversity / great environment / great people
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 9, 2018
Since I started to work for Nextgen Health Care I have a first great impression about the business, the people, the flexibility, respect, hard workers, etc.
Pros
401 K, and other great benefits
Welcoming, but Dry
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 24, 2018
My experience is probably different since it was temporary and my main duty was to clean up digital files, but it was usually the same work every day. My boss (kind soul that she is) would try to give me a different, small task every once in a while to break up the monotony, but for the most part I was just staring at a computer screen for many hours. The company and office are great though. We always have free vending machine snacks and drinks in the lounge, and most of management is really nice.
Entry-Level company
MARKETING ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 13, 2018
Great for college graduates and entry-level applicants. Worked in sales department work leads had to be qualified. Most of the leads were not good at all. Management was not s resourceful as they should've been.
Pros
work remotely from home
Cons
Bad sales leads
Productive Workplace with job security
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work! I learn a lot at Nextgen Healthcare. I started as a scanner and now i am a claims processor. Friendly enironment to work in just not much room for advancement.
Great Company Just alot of Change Management
Consulting (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 22, 2018
This has been a great company to work for over the years but, due to changes and staff leaving, the departments have gone back into siloes. Very few SME's and ones that think they are don't know the system and sometimes create extra steps when there is an easier way to accomplish it.

Although HR encourages staff to bring matters to their attention, there is no confidence that issues are ever addressed. HR does not follow up or communicate themselves.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Too much turnover, lack of product knowledge by new staff, internal training has declined.
Good people, questionable leadership
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 14, 2018
Techs, engineers, performance reps are smart, good people. Unfortunately, there are numerous instances of poor communication between support and development that cause headaches for everyone involved, especially clients. The majority of support staff, even low level managers are not paid market value. Promotions are rare, even for seasoned support staff.
Company That Buys Companies
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2018
I can't speak for all parts of Nextgen because there are many but I originally worked for a company Nextgen purchased. Over the next two years they acquired another 3 or 4 companies and in my opinion over-extend themselves and can't get one new section running right before acquiring another.
Culture and Enjoyable work place
Medical Billing Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 4, 2018
Typical day log into computer, check emails etc, workplace culture is tense. Hardest part of job is micro manage, enjoyable is getting my claims paid.
Pros
Flexibility, coworkers
Cons
constant changes
Getting their Act Together
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 31, 2018
Positive experience. Seem to be moving in good direction. Merging of companies and salesforces seems like still working out while re-branding. Plenty of opportunity to learn the industry.
They are a hot mess
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2018
Clueless leadership has no idea, they have been trying to position the company to sell. Lots of layoffs. They do not care about their employees. There is no vision nor strategy. They do not execute and are not consistent. They make the same mistakes over and over again. The people who work there are really great, but the morale is hopelessly low. It's really sad.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Unable to execute
Great learning experience
Implementation Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 14, 2018
Its a good place to learn on your own. You are often thrown to the to wolves with little preparation. No regrets, you have to start somewhere. You have to take a lot of self study
Pros
Constant layoffs
Cons
low pay
R&D (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 19, 2018
NextGen is a good place to work. Culture is improving and senior management is moving the company in the right direction. The product suite is expanding and the work is exciting.
NextGen Has Lost It's Focus
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 10, 2018
I worked at NextGen for 13 years. When I started, the company was much smaller and treated employees like family. Over the years, changes in executive management made the company feel autocratic. In the last year of my employment, I was made to feel like I was the stupidest person on the face of the earth; very demoralizing. My departure was a blessing in disguise.
NextGen
Sr. Programmer/Analyst, Full Time (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2018
Coding, meetings, support calls and Agile scrum.
Learned new technologies and business
Management vary
People are friendly
Getting all on the same page
Delivering values to customers
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 3, 2018
HealthFusion was purchase by QSI/NextGen in May of 2016. I started as a temp and then moved to a Full-Time position with them in Feb 2017. I enjoyed working for my boss.
Stressful job
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 30, 2018
In the patient services department we handle all the incoming calls from patients about their medical bills. Everyday is different. Some days are great days and others not so great. We are expected to have an average of 50 calls. We are expected to let patients talk to us however they want and not stress out about it. Patients complain about long hold times. Our department is micromanaged and at times feels like we are in elementary school. Not a lot of room for advancement and raises are not great.
Pros
Generous paid time off. Good benefits.
Cons
Micro managing, they emphasize working together as team but other departments do not follow this, supervisors and team leads are not always on the same page, Not a whole lot of room for advancement.
Meh
Sr Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 14, 2018
Pretty relaxed environment for the most part but certain hot buttons can send the whole department into a frenzy. No chance for bonus/raise/advancement.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Salary, location/parking.
Very positive atmosphere.
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 24, 2018
They didn't live up to there word by offer me a permanment employment. The employees were verey friendly and very helpful in adjusting to environment, and knowledgeable of the job.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Not true there word
Would rather not say
Operations Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 6, 2018
Very stressful environment as well as upper management can be very shady. Be prepared to not get help from other departments within the company and you spend most of your day chasing your tail
Benefits
Cons
Other divisions within company not willing to work with other divisions
Great pay but unorganized and unprofessional
Representative II AR Management (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOFebruary 2, 2018
Great pay, but opportunities to advance are not structured fairly. You exceed based on who you know and not your skills or work ethic. Many promotions are given to family members or friends. Most of the staff, including upper management, are related, spouses, or attended college together. Those of us who manage to get in without the alliance fall to the wayside.
Pros
Great pay and location
Cons
Unorganzed, unprofessional, and poor leadership