Nextiva
63Average

Nextiva Employee Reviews in Scottsdale, AZ

Scottsdale, AZ217 reviews
I love my job with Nextiva. It’s been a huge positive in my life since moving from my old job. I feel like I’m contributing and using my skills and strengths and I feel that my contribution is valued. It’s a good feeling. I hope that the management will provide some more opportunities for training and development as I have some career goals that I want to be able to achieve here and I know that I can do it if I get the right support. I think overall the management is doing a great job and have handled the challenges of COVID really well.
They have a team dedicated to contributing to different causes each month and to improve employee morale. They go above and beyond to be self sustaining and support their employees. When you work there, you're apart of the family .
Nextiva offers GREAT benefits! They are top notch and salary is on par with industry averages. Technology grows on a daily bases and keeping up with the changes is exciting and very fast paced.
I was with Nextiva for 3 years and really enjoyed my time there. I left due to my partner's job and moved across the country. I would have liked to have stayed and worked remotely but they didn’t offer that at the time. I would advise opportunities for remote workers as it’s the way the world is moving.
Good team dynamic and interesting work. The CEO seems like he knows what he’s doing. I wouldn’t assume I have any great advice for the management. They know what they’re doing and I trust the direction they’re taking the business.
In past jobs I have got bored fast. That is not possible here at Nextiva. There is a big goal, lots of great people and it’s exciting to be involved in developing this technology. I am really happy to be working with such a great team of people too. There are some amazing teams that are contributing a lot because they have that magic formula and then others that struggle because they don’t quite have it there yet. I think that’s something the management is aware of and working on. It’ll help with consistency and employee retention too.
I’ve found that my confidence and skills are being really developed here at Nextive. I’ve got some great projects and an awesome team around me. While the goals are aggressive I’m confident we can achieve them and it’s really motivating to me to work that way. I also think just continuing working on processes and creating the structure needed to support the potential of the business. The environment is good but there is still work to be done to make it an efficient and effective business. They have some big goals and it’s exciting to be a part of a company developing such cutting-edge technology.
The thing that has stood out to me is that the leadership team are really hands on still, and even though it’s a big company now, they treat it like it’s still a small company and are not afraid to get involve. It’s really cool to see Managers and Directors getting involved and supporting the sales reps – it makes us feel appreciated and also is a good learning experience to see how they are thinking and how our job fits into the overall picture. The culture of the company and the vibe of the office space has a really nice feel to it, and it just feels like a good place to work.

I’m really pleased with how the role is going so far, and excited to be a part of the team and see what comes next. I think it’s great that as you’ve grown you haven’t lost the excitement of being part of the team, and still work hard and don’t act like you’re above any of us in the sense of being better than us. It feels more like everyone has a different job and when we all do our jobs well everything goes well. It’s great!
Nextiva backs it up when it comes to the focus on the customer and delivering good service. A lot of companies just pay lip service to this, and have it on all their marketing, but I'm really impressed with how much all the staff (everyone, not just support or sales) follows through with their focus being on what's best for the customer and making sure the customer has a great experience. There are some great tech employees too, that are really good at putting things into plain English so that the customer can understand what they are saying or suggesting.
Tomas is a real inspiration. He works hard to connect with his people and lead the business in the right direction. I really enjoy the energy and pace of Nextiva but I can imagine it’s not for everyone and it takes some experience to get comfortable with it. My advice would be to implement some initiatives to help staff, and in particular the younger ones, to balance their work and prioritize better. This would help keep things calm and moving smoothly. It’s a trainable skill so not a huge problem but definitely an area to improve on.
I was very happy for the two years I was at Nextiva, lots of growth opportunity and training. I had a great boss but unfortunately due to family reasons had to relocate and leave the office I was at.
When I first started at Nextiva I was promised a ton of things, including advancement and job security. At first I personally did not feel ready to advance in the company because I did not feel I personally had a strong enough technology background to advance. After working there for roughly 5 months I changed my mind. I wanted to progress and grow with the company that I had begun to feel I was a part of the work family with. But the more I tried to advance the more I was held back.
For the first 6 months of my job there my calls were not monitored and I was assured that I was doing a fantastic job. I had no escalations and very few cancellations. But when the management shifted so did the work environment. My calls were being held under a microscope finally and I was finally getting the feedback I needed to change the call flow. The problem was that I had already been told that everything I had been doing up to that point was perfect so it was a hard transition to get out of the habits that I was aloud to build from the start.

When the management shifted the morale in the building went down. Nextiva no longer felt like a family, more like a corporate headquarter that it actually was. In the professional world this is a fantastic thing. For a company full of people that had been there for months, and even years, it was a startling change that lead to a lot of the company being terminated for things that the company previously looked over.

I personally feel once everything is ironed out and they make the full transition into a corporate setting that there will be less
 - more...
They cram alot of information down your throat and then expect you to take calls! I was to overwhelmed to preform on this job. They say you can ask questions.... When I did I felt like I was being ignored by the floor walkers.
Senior leadership has turned over several times in the hope to "bring in world-class talent", but nothing changes. Leaders are still constrained by the start-up mindset and not free to use their talents. The company has no formal values, no goal setting, too many "yes-men" and nepotism that hinders the companies future.

They are able to attract new employees by the wide-eyed vision of the future and the friendly staff, but after a short time with this company leaders understand this is a house of cards.
Nextiva posses a startup culture at heart, even though they're a few years into the game. Things are not as mundane as you would find at a large, established company. This is both a source of endearment and stress, but at the end of the day you get out what you put in at Nextiva and the company is filled with individuals who care.

Some times processes that worked a year or even month in the past no longer are the most effective, but the flexibility in management and employees comes in key to make changes to keep the company agile in the marketplace. Sometimes things work sometimes they don't but as long as Nextiva continues to stay positive and move forward they'll be fine.
Nextiva is growing fast! Great work environment for Sales Staff. Good opportunity for new graduates who want to work in the Tech industry. Lunch is provided on Fridays, and company has an Employee Engagement team to keep employees informed and included.
Nextiva are a good employer, and there are a lot of opportunities in the business at the moment as the company is growing. I’m learning a lot, having a lot of fun (really cool staff!), and feel like I’m getting a lot of opportunity to develop my skills.
Every day is different. It’s never boring. Not for people who want a cushy easy gig. It is hard work and you need to be smart, focused and able to apply yourself to problem solving.
Sales at Nextiva is just about as cookie cutter of a sales team as you can expect. Lots of cold calling with the occasional lead, and obviously plenty of churn as with any call center. i will say that if you can do well here, the compensation and commission plan are pretty competitive. Just be ready for a call center.
I have a great manager and my team is awesome. I love coming to work and super happy with my move to Nextiva. It’s cool to be part of a young, fast growing business. I was formally on-boarded, there is lots to learn, it’s exciting!
Nextiva is a great fit for me as I like working in a team environment. They have a good culture and lots of support for new staff. I’m learning a lot and have enjoyed my time at Nextiva so far. One thing I took from my previous employer as a good thing that Nextiva could adopt is Summer Fridays. Where basically you can leave early on Fridays in the summer if you have done your work. This is a great benefit and enables some better work life balance at the time of year that people most want to maximize the weather. At Nextiva everyone works so hard this would help minimize burn out and keep moral high too.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nextiva. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6
InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight