NexTraq Employee Reviews

Tough job in GPS Marketplace
SaaS SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 11, 2018
I know this company was acquired by Michelin but the sales leads were antiquated and it was a put up or shut up environment with no real opportunity. I's look elsewhere.
Bad management
Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Management has mismanaged this company. I have had 6 managers and each time my sales go down. Sales pick up again as I regain more control. Upper management has never sold GPS tracking before so know nothing about how to run it.
Pros
Cons
incompetance
Standard cs workplace
CUSTOMER/TECHNICAL SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJanuary 10, 2018
The product/software itself isn't too complex to learn and navigate, most of the customer issues are reasonable and resolved same day.
The case system for employee workload needs a re-haul, as some employees do 2-4 times the work as others without it showing or if it does show it was never addressed.
There was an instance of bribery from employee to boss for missing work that I couldn't believe happened.
I liked almost all my team members personally but the work environment promoted such poor work ethic that it sometimes caused issues within that team that shouldn't happen with a more fluid system to disperse customer cases.
Poor leadership, ie lack of response to emails, blaming new employees for issues they asked to learn more about but it was never addressed.
No room for growth promotes lackadaisical work ethic.
Punctuality is basically frowned upon for making others look bad.
Great base and commission to start
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 27, 2017
Great company to work for. The benefits are beyond helpful. The managers will walk you through and help you out as much as possible. The pay structure is great. You have to be a little more on the competitive side to make a lot of money in commission and you can't let rejection from businesses affect you.
could have been fun
Business Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2016
the management was in two different locations and this made communication hard and some time because of this pay was slow you always got paid sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the late afternoon
Tough work environment
Account Management Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2015
While NexTraq was a private company - it struggled with building a culture as a great place to work while micro managing the day-to-day activities of its people. They hired adults but wanted to manage them like children. Holding adults accountable would have worked much better and driven a better cuture. After NexTraq was acquired by FleetCor, the ability to enroll for benefits, track work hours, request time off - all this seemed like an afterthought. Great senior leadership, great product, happy customers!
Pros
free coffee, provided many breakfast/lunches for staff
Cons
low pay
Great Learning Experience
SaaS Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2014
A great place to learn hardcore sales tactics. We were responsible for making phone calls to prospect clients then close the deal. Making presentations via gotomeeting to groups of prospects.
Pros
close to home
Cons
private company been bought out by bigger company.
Awesome work environment!
(SaaS) Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLDecember 29, 2013
Great potential for success given the ability of management to be of service to their employees.
Pros
Cons
None!
Great Culture, Awesome Employees and an Excellent Company to Work for
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2013
I have been working at NexTraq for almost two years now and its truly been a positive experience. The senior management team genuinely wants their employees to succeed and invests their own time to help ensure the growth of their employees. NexTraq invests in dedicated, hard working individuals who are willing to put forth the effort and contribute to the company's success.

In my two years at NexTraq and with the encouragement and support of my mentor (my boss), I've been able to advance in my career, going from entry level and up through the organization, I've strengthened and acquired new skills sets, and have grown both as an individual and a marketer.

I have enjoyed being a part of such a great organization and look forward to growing with the company in the future.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, great benefits, friendly employees, management encourages employee success, no micromanaging
Cons
Communication issues between departments but that may be due to our rapid growth