Nexus Services INC Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Service culture
CEM (Current Employee) –  Verona, VAMay 26, 2018
Every single person who works here wants to help people. It is amazing to come to work everyday with helping people as your central mission. It is also incredible to see families reunited, which I see everyday.
Pros
Managers, food
Cons
N/a
I Love It!!
CEM (Current Employee) –  Verona, VAApril 10, 2018
When I first saw the other reviews on here I was worried. They are clearly from some former employees. I love my job. I have been here for 3 months. I have access to my bosses when I have issues and clients who need my help.
Pros
Gym, Benefits
Cons
Shifts Change
Great place to work!
CEM (Current Employee) –  Verona, VAMarch 22, 2018
Ive been here for 2 years and I still love what I do every day. Not only do I get to help people but the perks of the job at great. We have amazing benefits and the company provides food all the time!!!
Pros
Help people, benefits, Food!!
Cons
n/a
If you even just understand English, you have no business working there.
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMarch 22, 2018
With the volume of honest reviews about this company (not the ones puked out in the middle of March), and the common knowledge that this company has taken from its employee benefits plan, if you even just understand English, then you know you shouldn't be working for this company, and nobody should.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Unique company with an incredible mission.
Office Generalist (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 20, 2018
There are no days alike working in Nexus. Every day is an opportunity to learn, grow and make a difference in people lives. Management is genuinely listening and strive to improve their services and process. During the interview process, I was able to meet all the Board Members & leaders as they are really interested in meeting everyone that will be joining the company. You are treated like a family member since day 1 and will stand by you always.

The company provides extensive training along with tools & equipment necessary for the job assignment. There might be a couple of long days, however, at the end of the day, reuniting people back with their families is the most unique and rewarding experience that I’ve had. I am honored to be part of this company.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, opportunities for growth, dynamic and exciting work days.
Great Company - Passionate Mission
CEM (Current Employee) –  Verona, VAMarch 16, 2018
It's Mission work through the pvt sector. The company truly restores hope to those in need. Operating the company on a national level is not cheep, and this is why the company charges for the services it provides. They also give back 80% of their income into programs that benifit their clients.
This is a front line doing the dirty work type of company helping people who otherwise would have no help.

Wonderful Place to work.
Pros
Passionate Place To Work
Cons
Long Hours - But well paid
Over all feeling about the company
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Verona, VAMarch 16, 2018
I have been with this company for 10 months, I can honestly say that this is the first job that I am proud to be a part of. The work that we do is some of the most fulfilling work I have done. Nexus demonstrates a family atmosphere in all things and they appreciate the work that we do. The founders of this company are not the type of people to sit in an office and look down on you, they are the type that makes Thanksgiving for those that are scheduled to work and eat with you. The company shows its appreciation to its employees every chance they get. The culture and mission of this company makes me want to work longer and do more to help those that are unable to help themselves.
Benefits
Don’t even try it!!!!
CEM (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 9, 2018
Thay pay you for being trained for two weeks and everything is great while you are in training but when the training You’ll meet an ugly reality. You are under constant stress because you have weekly goals that are unreachable!!! If you have any questions don’t dare to ask, they’ll talk to you like you are worthless . If they don’t like you they will make your life miserable and if they do they will just look away from you. They will promise you a lot of things but once you are there you’ll get nothing and you’ll hate yourself for getting into this place. JUST SAY NO!!!
Pros
Training
Cons
Everything else
The most rewarding job Ive ever had
Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 8, 2018
This is a fast paced job where no two days are the same. We work to get people, who are in removal proceedings, out of ICE custody and reunited with their families. We provide many different services to the people we help in order to ensure that have every opportunity to be succesful once they are released form custody. I cant put into words how rewarding it is to reunite a client with their family after months, sometimes years in ICE custody. Its an incredible feeling when you get to see a clients children run and jump into their arms after not being able to see them for such a long time.
Pros
The company offers great benefits
Horrible
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAJanuary 31, 2018
They over work you, don’t get productivity pay they promise, supervisor are rude and they expect you to be working 24/7 without extra pay. The shift sucks don’t get to spend time with family even when you’re off you have to be working.
Pros
Clients
Horrible, manipulative, and condescending
a guy (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 30, 2018
Please, do yourself a solid and do not consider working here. As a requirement, you must wear a GPS monitoring device for the first two weeks on the job (this was never mentioned in the job interview). The company is incredibly manipulative and and condescending, and fires you if you don't wear the device. They call it "empathy" training.

The condescension continued after the first two weeks. Managers repeatedly bark at you and talk down to you. I think what is most shocking is they claim to be serving others. How can that be so given the condescending nature in which they treat their employees? Please, do yourself a favor and do not work here.
Pros
food
Cons
condescension, manipulation, dishonesty
Run
I am actually scared to divulge. (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 9, 2018
This place is the worst I've ever worked. Ask for your soul, only promote those willing to lie and work their agenda. Benefits worked from time to time at best.
Pros
Tons of food
Cons
Unethical, Expect you constantly to work overtime without extra pay and attend mandatory after hours events, benefits work only occasionally, they make you call them "family" because they are creepy, I could go on for days.
Very poor employee relations
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAOctober 21, 2017
Very over worked over stressed underpaid. Not worth it. They promised productivity pay which you never get because they put so many expectations for you to qualify for that, don't believe it you'll never get it. Over all not a very healthy work environment.
Wonderful Company with a Life Changing Mission
Vice President (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 8, 2017
This company has amazing goals and mission! They do a wonderful job helping families and those in need.

Immigration & Criminial Justice leaders !

Executive team is very direct and supportive!
Horrible enviroment
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAOctober 7, 2017
Extremely unprofessional environment. We have meetings where the so called "executives" come in to talk to us and they are looking down at their phone, texting the entire time. They truly don't care about their employees and just want to look important. The managers are not friendly and rough around the edges.
Pros
Yearly company trip paid in full by ripping clients off.
Cons
This company takes advantage of people in need and charges them a crazy, unreasonable monthly fee to get rich. Look up their articles online for more information.
great pay is about all the good I can say....
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Verona, VASeptember 30, 2017
I felt like I was micro managed and they expected you to work 24/7. They had no idea how to run a company....constant and quick changes to go with that day's flow. While I was there, they fired and hired almost daily and I was always wondering when or if I would be on the chopping block, so I decided to leave.