NFI Employee Reviews

Ridiculously cut-throat and dishonesty in management
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 17, 2018
I would never refer anyone to work for this cut-throat, unprofessional, lying company. The managers, supervisors and leads are all cut-throat. All of the managers, supervisors and office personnel have been known to lie on employees for no reason,even termination.
Pros
A check
Cons
Cut-throat environment
Fun workplace, laid back manager.
Truck Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILOctober 13, 2018
Even though unloading and loading trucks is very hard working, it makes time go past fast. And it's sort of a game to me, I made fun out of it. I would work there still If I didn't live almost a hour away.
Pros
Break every 2 hours
Cons
Unpaid lunch break
Distribution of bread and cake products
Street Lead (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 12, 2018
Easy job simply add and subtract product into different depot and routes in other citys, Also known for truck driving, very fast and up coming company.
Pros
Energetic fast paced work, easy to handle
Cons
turnover rate
Work uniforms holiday lunches
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Logan TownshipOctober 12, 2018
The management is a okay in Logan Township and you can work all the overtime that you want yearly raises holiday lunches and they work with you on days that you need off
Pros
They don't hover over you about getting your work done
Cons
Jealous co-workers
Stressful job
Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 8, 2018
Very stressful job - constant hours/shift changed. Always making your second guess yourself. Poor office management. Some good co-workers, others you can't work with well
Great workplace to start of as entry level.
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Elwood, ILOctober 2, 2018
Great workplace to start of as entry level. Not a place to stay for ever. There is no working your way up. Needs more management help. Very poor management
Pros
Senority
Cons
Point given if taken off or left early
very busy
Dedicated OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 30, 2018
Long hours. 48 state driving. lot north-east runs. watch out for covering dispatchers trying to send you where you can't do a 36 hour restart. they keep you running. Be prepared.
Truck Driver
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2018
I typically drove from Omaha Nebraska to Sioux Falls South Dakota delivering bread. Good company to work for. I typically started in the afternoon at 4pm and delivered to three locations.
NFI - National Frieght Industries
Maintenance Manager and Industrial engineering (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 28, 2018
NFI recently purchased our Company Cal Cartage as of 2017. I am very impressed with their operations and transitioning of merging the two companies. NFI has a family culture, and genuinely seem to care about their employees. This is my experience to date.
Clean
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INSeptember 27, 2018
It was great job for me & good overtime, Holidays off & paid for it staff wasn't bad just some workers ain’t wanna just do there jobs so it made it a difficult place

Want to know more about NFI?

Ask a question
Compant could more to work drivers
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VASeptember 23, 2018
I feel that they could do a better job of communicating with the drivers,they tell us one thing,and then we find out that it's another issue.They should be more up front with the drivers
Pros
Quarterly Safety Bonus
Ok Place to Work If Living the Area
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILSeptember 21, 2018
Just A Warehouse that sends Products to Stores Such as Walmart , Target & Menards etc. I learned how to Manifest Products with my management team & mostly enjoyed the staff.....
Pros
Optional Overtime
Cons
Was too far from home
challenging
TEACHERS AIDE/ INSTUCTIONAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  St. Johnsbury, VTSeptember 18, 2018
Great place to work, must be strong minded, and have the abilities to not spill any personal info about anything. can be very clique and competitive place to work.
Poor pay and communication
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 17, 2018
Poor pay but acceptable hours plenty of overtime fairly easy work but lack of communication throughout the ranks of management job is fairly steady....
Good place to work in
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chino, CASeptember 15, 2018
NFI is a good place to work in.The staff and management have a great union and all get along. However, it is difficult to move up. It's not what you know but who you know.
The warehouse is very fast-paced and a lot of working hours. You need to be able to multitask a lot
Its a job
SHIPPING/RECEIVING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 14, 2018
Decent place to work & team atmosphere. The warehouse is hot n the summer & cold in the winter. I would recommend this company to a someone who wants to learn warehouse procedures.
Pros
good management
Cons
annual pay raises low
Good Pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 13, 2018
Not a bad enviroment to work at. the specific warehouse I was at was great for my career advancement. however the management changed and so did the atmosphere when that happened. did not stay long after that
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 11, 2018
I actually didn’t work there long enough to give them a complete evaluation but it was a good job I work four days a week 12 hours a day the pay was pretty good and the people were very friendly
N/a
Distribution CSR (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Overtime pretty often. Mostly mandatory. Not too much room for advancement. Management is ok. Sometimes there's no work on scheduled days but mandatory to work on off days once work is available.
Challenging assignments and supportive workplace
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCSeptember 6, 2018
Company recognized my strengths and put them to work. Variety of assignments helped me advance my skills. After implementing the QMS in Charleston site and successfully registering the site to AS9100, I started to travel to Nashville and set up their QMS. This site was also register to AS9100.
Pros
friendly workforces, travel, using my skill set
Cons
Not able to place me when lost the Charleston site contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFI. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight