NFI Employee Reviews

My Experience
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 14, 2019
I was laid off. So the experience didn't end well. It may be different for the next person. Apply and see what happens. You have to apply on the website
Pros
laid back
Cons
no raises
Normal
Director of IT Services (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 14, 2019
Normal work environment with opportunity for advancement. Most enjoyable part was being able to promote from within and watching employees grow. I enjoyed my 8+ years there.
disillusion
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 10, 2019
the job itseslf is entirely manageable but, once you are good at one position, there zero hope of advancement. promises made are promises broken. acountability?
Good place for leadership experience
Warehouse Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAJanuary 9, 2019
Learned multiple warehouse management systems and worked with different teams of people.

NFI wants to help grow their own employees and provide them the necessary tools to succeed.
safety/equipment trainer
Equipment trainer/ safety team (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAJanuary 9, 2019
i check my email and trainers log. i need to analyze the task that have been left from my supervisor and adjust my schedule to the duties that need to be conducted. ensure everyone is working safely. i also learned the proper safety functions and process to work as efficient as possible.
Pros
gives me the opportunity to approach all employees and correct there safety mistakes.
Cons
i feel like management does not appreciate what i am actually doing.
my personal experince
Labler (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Good place to work I would recommended I was working in the wear house shipping labeling and tacking clothing and shoes with the price tag I was doing 8 hours
good
Easy job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 7, 2019
The job is great and not hard at all, but the drama and favoritism is horrible. Some work to death and never get recognized while others get away with not doing anything.
Pros
Easy work, great pay.
Cons
Drama, favoritism
Poor place to be.
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Management here is the worst, explains why they went through different GM's and supervisors. Good working people were fired over something as small as paperwork and NFI employees are getting shafted with pay raises. Was there as a temp and for over a year and didn't get hired on. Went through 3 conversions and didn't get hired on due to poor management and excuses. A waste of time! If you don't plan on being on your knees for management don't bother working here, take your worth elsewhere.
Pros
Good people to work with, workers only.
Cons
Everything mentioned and more
Horrible PLace.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXJanuary 6, 2019
The management shows favorites extremely, the pay is garbage, the hours are insane and you basically get no life outside of work. The no advancement, there’s workers there still in the same spot that have been there for 10+ years. The leads are cool, the supervisors are just horrible, the office workers are horrible, everyone’s only loooking out for themselves, people in charge will try to get you fired if they don’t like you.
Cons
Short breaks, short lunch time.
Poor transportation manager
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Napoleon, OHJanuary 4, 2019
I currently work here and the transportation manager is absolutely horrible. Comes and goes as he pleases, gets drunk daily at Eddie J’s in town. Will often have drinks prior to coming in. The most awkward person you ever met, and the worst leader if you can even call him that.
Work Place
Selector (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJanuary 4, 2019
I really liked working at NFI in Rockwall Tx.
The new work hours are in part difficult for me to manage my everyday business but is a graet place to work
Stable company with a lot of potential
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino, CADecember 26, 2018
NFI is a company that offers growth with a strong emphasis on developing individuals to advance into greater leadership roles especially individuals already in managerial roles
Pros
Best practices and implementation are owned by managers at every level
Cons
Worklife balance
Productive Work Place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXDecember 25, 2018
The work place at NFI was relaxed and fun at times. On a regular day at work you might have a few guys, joking around but, we still get the job done. That’s what made NFI a pretty good job. The work wasn’t as hard until promo season started. I learned how to operate my first forklift at NFI
Pros
The pay
Cons
Working on Saturdays
Not recommended
TRAFFIC COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYDecember 24, 2018
It’s alright for an in between kind of job. But otherwise the supervisors suck. You’re just a body nothing more nothing less. No room for advancement unless you’re willing to get in bed with the bosses sometimes metaphorically might even be literally.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Awful management, no real humanity treated awful
Poor management
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  New Galilee, PADecember 22, 2018
Started and got a raise after 2 months was nice. Had very poor training. Was let go at 3 1/2 points, probation you get 4 points and after 90 days you get up to 8 points. Mind you no write up. Been attempting hr and is about useless. Request days off month ahead of time and shoot it down days prior
Great company
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 21, 2018
An extremely rewarding opportunity. I think that everyone would benefit from the experience working in this field. Human services at its core. Invaluable.
Bad management
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2018
Its a great place to work but to many chiefs not enough indians. They play with your time on kronos some people are cool but they play to many games but thankful i made it five months and with a raise after to months working there so make the best of it if u ever work there
Very talented people
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 17, 2018
NFI is full of many dedicated and talented individuals. Most are willing to help each other be successful in their own areas. The CEO is very capable and is willing to take some risks for long-term benefit that leaders of a public company would not.
Great people
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 10, 2018
They have been very good to me and my family.I have had a good life while working for them,I don’t want for anything.I have a great schedule and work with some awesome people.
Pros
Great people, Good Family to work for.
Cons
Lack of communication at times
Quality Inspector/forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHDecember 10, 2018
This is a great place to work the pay is wonderful the hours are great the people are friendly management is understanding management does not act like management they do not boss you around constantly they are there to help you would still be there if I did not move.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFI. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight