NFI Employee Reviews

it could be a beter place to work , but it not
Selector/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXNovember 9, 2018
The work is easy, but it the atmosphere at the company
no communication between the shifts there is no trust between the workers and upper management. there is a lot of micromanagement.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Micromanagement
excellent job
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Chino, CANovember 8, 2018
NFI is a fast working environment with a lot of helping hand no one is ever alone the management is always present and there for helping hand many times the work does pile up but with the help of others you get everything done sometimes the train you to learn how to do other jobs and sometimes they move you to another location in the warehouse to give a helping hand
Pros
good envierment relaxed pace of work
Cons
fast pace sometimes lack of personel
Productive place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minooka, ILOctober 30, 2018
NFI is a great place to work , the only thing I don't like at this work place is the turn over shift, they never come in on time, second the ability to multi task is horrible, other shift doesn't complete there task leaving it to night shift.
Pros
you can you use youre cell phone when ever
Cons
1 break per shift.
Fun work environment
Work Queue Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kutztown, PAOctober 29, 2018
Most staff is very helpful and willing to assist in any way possible . Schedule is very flexible. Advancement is possible depending on who you are and your qualifications.
Unprofessional
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 27, 2018
Very unprofessional management, doesn't even know how to work their own systems and when they hire you, they don't provide the tools and training that you need to learn it's more of a figure it out on your own, and management hold their workers to expectations that they can't even achieve themselves. Discrimination, favoritism and they don't even know their own procedures nor policies. Don't recommend anyone to work for this organization. If you get an opportunity to work here turn around and RUN!
Pros
Cons
All of the above
Amazing
WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jurupa, CAOctober 26, 2018
Hands down one of the best organizations I've ever worker for. They have the size of a corporate business and the structure but still carry the family-owned vibe.
Pros
Growth
Cons
The worse boss I have ever worked for.
Shop manager (Former Employee) –  Channahon, ILOctober 23, 2018
The job started out well & I liked my job.
Then it became clear that my regional manager boss was the worse person I have ever worked for.
He would degrade you with comments & said you were trained on things, that you were not.
Pros
Some of the techs that worked for me.
Cons
Boss, boss & boss.
Great opportunity
Solution support specialist- Transportation (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJOctober 22, 2018
I enjoyed my time with NFI, but knew I wouldn’t promote. I was okay with that as it was a great foundation and gave me lots of experience. They were supportive of me and my career.
Very simple easy job
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 22, 2018
Every load I ran for this company was local and drop and hook. If I was there for an hour or more I got paid delayed time. If you handle your business they generally leave you alone. They need to take better care of their trucks.
Pros
Drop and hook
Cons
Constant truck issues
Ridiculously cut-throat and dishonesty in management
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 17, 2018
I would never refer anyone to work for this cut-throat, unprofessional, lying company. The managers, supervisors and leads are all cut-throat. All of the managers, supervisors and office personnel have been known to lie on employees for no reason,even termination.
Pros
A check
Cons
Cut-throat environment
Didnt like the trucks an some of the rules
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILOctober 13, 2018
It was a lay back kind of job just hate when u get to some stores they only had one or two people unload the trucks or the store delivery drivers would take there time to load their truck so had to wait to long to get in the door
Fun workplace, laid back manager.
Truck Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILOctober 13, 2018
Even though unloading and loading trucks is very hard working, it makes time go past fast. And it's sort of a game to me, I made fun out of it. I would work there still If I didn't live almost a hour away.
Pros
Break every 2 hours
Cons
Unpaid lunch break
Distribution of bread and cake products
Street Lead (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 12, 2018
Easy job simply add and subtract product into different depot and routes in other citys, Also known for truck driving, very fast and up coming company.
Pros
Energetic fast paced work, easy to handle
Cons
turnover rate
Work uniforms holiday lunches
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Logan TownshipOctober 12, 2018
The management is a okay in Logan Township and you can work all the overtime that you want yearly raises holiday lunches and they work with you on days that you need off
Pros
They don't hover over you about getting your work done
Cons
Jealous co-workers
Stressful job
Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 8, 2018
Very stressful job - constant hours/shift changed. Always making your second guess yourself. Poor office management. Some good co-workers, others you can't work with well
Great workplace to start of as entry level.
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Elwood, ILOctober 2, 2018
Great workplace to start of as entry level. Not a place to stay for ever. There is no working your way up. Needs more management help. Very poor management
Pros
Senority
Cons
Point given if taken off or left early
very busy
Dedicated OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 30, 2018
Long hours. 48 state driving. lot north-east runs. watch out for covering dispatchers trying to send you where you can't do a 36 hour restart. they keep you running. Be prepared.
Truck Driver
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2018
I typically drove from Omaha Nebraska to Sioux Falls South Dakota delivering bread. Good company to work for. I typically started in the afternoon at 4pm and delivered to three locations.
NFI - National Frieght Industries
Maintenance Manager and Industrial engineering (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 28, 2018
NFI recently purchased our Company Cal Cartage as of 2017. I am very impressed with their operations and transitioning of merging the two companies. NFI has a family culture, and genuinely seem to care about their employees. This is my experience to date.
Clean
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INSeptember 27, 2018
It was great job for me & good overtime, Holidays off & paid for it staff wasn't bad just some workers ain’t wanna just do there jobs so it made it a difficult place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFI. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at NFI.

Powered by Comparably