NFP Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 31, 2018
Every day I'm learning something new, we have a lot of work but it's not boring at all. when you help many people through the day to get their health insurance or to solve their pending claims and issues, you will feel so comfortable
Great people
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 30, 2018
Great people to work with. Good work-life balance.
Fun atmosphere at times. Depending on what team you’re on, you can advance your career. I would recommend NFP for someone who is looking for entry-level work/experience.
NFP is truly one of the best places to work in Austin!
VoIP Engineer/Mitel Integration Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2018
NFP is truly one of the best places to work in Austin! Since starting at NFP, I have learned more than just technical chops: I have learned the soft skills that take one to the next level!
Demanding, great collaboration between teams, Little supervision if one knows job well
Senior Network/IT & AV Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10105October 23, 2018
I was first person in office everyday. Checked to see if any overnight issues developed by going over ticket tracking system, voice mail and email. Than checked to see if all issue from previous day were had been addressed. Checked team calendar make sure issues relating to AV meeting have been addressed. Get updates from Austin, TX and LA, CA teams. Once a week meeting with local office management, one a week team meeting with Austin office. In charge of training of new hires which included creating documentation for training purpose. Once day the settled in I would track trouble tickets as well as trouble shoot issues. Manage Helpdesk/Desktop Support team in NY office. The hardest was the morning. Once day got going the day got easier. Best day of the week was Friday, things were less hectic allowing me to catch up and prep for the coming week.
Pros
Free lunch every Friday
Cons
Stop and go environment. Could be slow one second, hectic the next.
A good company to start with
Sr. Employee Benefits Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, nyOctober 10, 2018
Morale is not so great, turnover is high. Great company to start with, but not sure about for the long term. Management needs to invest in employee training and morale.
Terrible Culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UtOctober 3, 2018
The culture is toxic and stressful. Employees are treated badly and are overworked while management disappears for extended hours a day or naps in their offices. People are scared to speak up even when HR come to visit because nothing changes. I won't stay much longer
Cons
Management is horrible
Official response from NFP
October 5, 2018

We take comments like this seriously and strive to create a workplace where all of our employees are treated respectfully. We'll review the feedback you provided so we may improve any practices that aren't clearly aligned with our Peoplefirst values, and always encourage employees to talk with their Manager or Human Resources about their concerns. As a reminder, NFP has an independent hotline you can anonymously call, which is 855-296-9085, so concerns can be addressed specifically. Thank you for taking the time to provide this important feedback.

Challenging and very rewarding...
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 24, 2018
I've been here almost 11 years now and don't see myself going anywhere anytime soon. Someone on this thread had negative things to say and I would assume that is someone who recently left that wanted to make a lot of money but didn't want to work hard. It's a family culture here and all hands on deck. If you don't want to be part of a team this isn't the right place for you.
Pros
Advancement opportunitties
Do NOT work here!!!!
Senior Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 7, 2018
very poor management, leadership is reactive vs proactive, inflexible, horrible culture, your work is micro managed, all coworkers all have a "CYA" mentality! - Stay Away
Pros
Nice Office
Official response from NFP
October 5, 2018

Thank you for giving us this feedback. We work hard to build a supportive, people-centric culture - one that provides training and learning opportunities for all of our employees. We have an open door policy and hope if you have ideas on how to better communicate or be more proactive that you provide that feedback to the leader in your area who can do the most to listen and take action on where we can improve. If you are not comfortable speaking with your leader or manager, please contact humanresources at nfp . com or our anonymous hotline at 855-296-9085.

Its all about bottom line for this company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousAugust 25, 2018
"People first" concept is just an empty promise. Business and profits come first for this company, not EEs.... No job security whatsoever, only managers get big bonuses.
n/a
Assistant Account Executive - Commercial Lines (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAAugust 20, 2018
I advanced quickly at NFP, the knowledge I have gained was incredible and I made a lot of life long friends.
There was hardly an communication between management and the employees. If you had to ask your manager a question, he or she was often out of reach and will not get back to you.
The teamwork was great, the team I was working with was very helpful and knowledgable.
The hardest part of the job was open communication with the managers. My boss's door was always open but any problem or issue would have to be relayed through him, which I found problematic. I would rather be direct than indirect with any problems being had.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
terrible communication with management-teams work better on a small scale
Nfp
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2018
Most days are fast paced spent collaborating with other members of the team. There is no shortage of projects to work on and you really get to make a difference. What's cool is that for an insurance broker the technology solutions NFP has in place to help us and our clients awesome!
Pros
Awesome environment, coworkers, technology
Cons
Traffic
Very busy environment
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 1, 2018
This was a good company to work for and I learned a great deal to advance my HR career. In this flexible environment, there was no typical work day. I managed a staff of up to 9 employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping employees.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
consistency problems
Good job, need more room to learn
Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 27, 2018
While NFP does treat its clients very well, it doesn't treat its employees quite as well. Working with your book of business and meeting with clients is wonderful, but coming back to an office run by a poor manager isn't.
This was a great job for me
Accounting Assistant/Office Support (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 5, 2018
I had a wonderful experience working for this company. It was my first job where I learned about accounting. I was given a lot of responsibility, and I was thankful for the opportunity.
Work with Friends
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 25, 2018
I knew from the moment I interviewed, this would be a place I would love working for a long time. Everyone is treated and acts like an adult. We help others, that is everyone's primary role in the company and we all enjoy it!
Pros
Relaxed Team Focused Environment
Cons
My home-life isn't this fun
Great company, but needs to come into the 21st century
VP (Current Employee) –  AustinApril 25, 2018
I love working at NFP. The leaders are very ethical and the company really tries to give employees great benefits. The workload is very fair and they do provide a lot of flexibility. I have been very happy here. However, there is definite room for improvement. There is a weird element of, we will let you know after it happens. For example, I wasn't told what my raise would be until after it shows up in my bank account and I wasn't told about my promotion until it showed up in a company email. Also, it would be nice to wear jeans every day in addition to Fridays. This is Austin and most companies are casual. Lastly, the leadership in Austin is pretty much against working remotely. Some departments allow 1 day per week, which is great, but it would be better to have 3 days per week. Many people sit in traffic for 45 minutes to an hour each way to come into the office when they would be spending all of that commute time working from home. It would be a huge benefit if this were offered more liberally and would show trust and confidence in NFP employees.
Pros
ethical, great benefits, fun events, career advancement opportunities
Cons
Little to no WFH, formal dress and info given after the fact
This is the company EVERYONE has been looking to work for..
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2018
All the books that told us about how a company/manager should treat their employees are in actual practice here in the Chicago office of NFP. We do believe in being a team and helping each other out. We do believe that family is very important. We strive for excellence and treat each other very respectfully. This is one of the very best companies I have ever worked for and hope to continue for many, many years to come.
Pros
Voluntarism is alive and well here at NFP.
Interesting.
Commercial Lines Marketing (Former Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTMarch 24, 2018
Interesting and fast paced work with great support and and management. Growing business with many positions they are hiring/filling throughout the country with availability to help you get and maintain personal and commercial insurance licenses.
Very nice offices, competitive salary and great employees.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasFebruary 12, 2018
The position was very hectic, fast-paced and demanding. I had a very good Manager and the employees were all great to work with. The salary was very competitive.
Pros
Great staff, free lunches, bonuses and a nice working environment.
Cons
Extremely stressful
Just wasn't for me
Insurance Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 9, 2018
NFP insurance was not a long term career path for me. For someone wanting to be in the insurance industry it would be a great place to work. I left to pursue my nursing career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFP. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight