NFP Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good job, need more room to learn
Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 27, 2018
While NFP does treat its clients very well, it doesn't treat its employees quite as well. Working with your book of business and meeting with clients is wonderful, but coming back to an office run by a poor manager isn't.
This was a great job for me
Accounting Assistant/Office Support (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 5, 2018
I had a wonderful experience working for this company. It was my first job where I learned about accounting. I was given a lot of responsibility, and I was thankful for the opportunity.
Work with Friends
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 25, 2018
I knew from the moment I interviewed, this would be a place I would love working for a long time. Everyone is treated and acts like an adult. We help others, that is everyone's primary role in the company and we all enjoy it!
Pros
Relaxed Team Focused Environment
Cons
My home-life isn't this fun
Great company, but needs to come into the 21st century
VP (Current Employee) –  AustinApril 25, 2018
I love working at NFP. The leaders are very ethical and the company really tries to give employees great benefits. The workload is very fair and they do provide a lot of flexibility. I have been very happy here. However, there is definite room for improvement. There is a weird element of, we will let you know after it happens. For example, I wasn't told what my raise would be until after it shows up in my bank account and I wasn't told about my promotion until it showed up in a company email. Also, it would be nice to wear jeans every day in addition to Fridays. This is Austin and most companies are casual. Lastly, the leadership in Austin is pretty much against working remotely. Some departments allow 1 day per week, which is great, but it would be better to have 3 days per week. Many people sit in traffic for 45 minutes to an hour each way to come into the office when they would be spending all of that commute time working from home. It would be a huge benefit if this were offered more liberally and would show trust and confidence in NFP employees.
Pros
ethical, great benefits, fun events, career advancement opportunities
Cons
Little to no WFH, formal dress and info given after the fact
This is the company EVERYONE has been looking to work for..
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2018
All the books that told us about how a company/manager should treat their employees are in actual practice here in the Chicago office of NFP. We do believe in being a team and helping each other out. We do believe that family is very important. We strive for excellence and treat each other very respectfully. This is one of the very best companies I have ever worked for and hope to continue for many, many years to come.
Pros
Voluntarism is alive and well here at NFP.
Interesting.
Commercial Lines Marketing (Former Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTMarch 24, 2018
Interesting and fast paced work with great support and and management. Growing business with many positions they are hiring/filling throughout the country with availability to help you get and maintain personal and commercial insurance licenses.
Very nice offices, competitive salary and great employees.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasFebruary 12, 2018
The position was very hectic, fast-paced and demanding. I had a very good Manager and the employees were all great to work with. The salary was very competitive.
Pros
Great staff, free lunches, bonuses and a nice working environment.
Cons
Extremely stressful
Just wasn't for me
Insurance Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 9, 2018
NFP insurance was not a long term career path for me. For someone wanting to be in the insurance industry it would be a great place to work. I left to pursue my nursing career.
Highly recommended for Retiremnt division
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aliso viejoJanuary 27, 2018
Great culture. Very collaborative and welcoming environment and willing to train in you are new to the industry or a recent graduate.

I worked specifically at the retirement HQ office, can’t say if it’s the same at all other offices/ divisions
Pros
Great hours, Bonus time off every week
St. Louis Pharmacy Division - Valued Pharmacy Services
Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 5, 2017
It's basically become a small version of Express Rx. The important senior management positions have been filled with people that have worked for Express Rx. The arrogance is remarkable. Although most of their experience comes from one PBM, they are incapable of listening to ideas from others that have a broader experience. If you have worked in the PBM industry - to do it right - it takes several years and several different experiences to fully comprehend the business. Screaming at employees or undressing them in front of others does not make you a leader, it makes you a supervisor. Nobody wants to follow a person that manages by fear.

Some of the sales folks have no idea of what they are selling yet reap the rewards on the backs of the people that are working hard to help them. Because of the "old boys" network, people are promoted based on old friendships or family relations. The more you know, the more work you will be expected to do and the less you will be rewarded. Once a mistake occurs and it will, the blame game starts and it doesn't stop until it reaches you. Management will NEVER take responsibility or assist in a productive manner. Nothing is planned at this company. Absolutely everything is figured out after the fact and NOT with the help of management.

I can assure you that certain employees within the pharmacy division experience favoritism that is so over the top, it's laughable. They do nothing but lose business and make things difficult for everyone else. For whatever reason, these folks that seem to be in an inner circle get rewarded
  more... for a lack of knowledge and a lack of motivation.

NFP bought the company called Valued Pharmacy Services on January 1, of 2017 with the promise of changing the culture. It did change. It is now morally bankrupt. The pharmacy division has a huge leadership vacuum. Direction is sorely lacking.
Benefits
Cons
company culture, senior management
Nfp
NFP Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 27, 2017
NFP has shined the past few years. It's evident they've been working very hard to close any perceived gaps with brokerage and consulting competitors and lead the way in quite a few areas. The culture is fast-paced but fun, and they work to really make a difference in people's lives both in and out of the office.
productive, fun but challenging
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 9, 2017
working at NFP was a great opportunity to work with experts and learned gain new experiences from friendly coworkers in a very fast pace but friendly environment. the management is awesome.
Great people
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Great bosses. Many opportunities to learn different products/services. Central location/nice office. Managers are very open to input from employees. Easy going atmosphere.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long sale cycle
NFP Intern
HR Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2017
NFP is a wonderful company to work for. Leadership is very attentive and people come first at NFP. NFP has a culture of nimbleness, fantastic results and personalbility.
Pros
Great culture and leadership.
Cons
Not to much opportunity for growth.
Pleasant Work Environment
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Burtonsville, MDJuly 31, 2017
Process Carrier payments, Post bank journal entries bank deposit, answer any co-workers questions, respond to emails, process, Finance Agreements, submit vendor request payments, etc.....
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Great company.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJuly 25, 2017
I worked for NFP for (unfortunately) just 5 months because I found out I was pregnant. While employed with NFP I quickly began to learn what a great company it was. It's a driven, well rounded atmospher. My bosses were great. Always willing to work with me, educate me and treated me with respect. I would highly recommend NFP for emplyment.
Financial Services Company
Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2017
The IT organization was disconnected from its component parts, resulting in poor communications, and hampering the ability to implement solutions with real business value.
One of the top companies in its industry
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 21, 2017
NFP is a solid, middle of the road company to work for. It's definitely a place that you can grow and thrive, in the right position or group. At this juncture I wouldn't say it's a place I would stay at long-term.
Great company with plenty of room to run
VP (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2017
Fast growing and robust business model (acquisition + organic growth). Collaborative culture and is especially a great place for women to grow their careers. Passionate and energetic leadership. Work/life integration is very good.
Pros
Growth! Plus leaders keep it real and communicate well.
Cons
Pace of acquisitions can make things challenging (but exciting) at times.
pretty bad
Direct Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2017
no growth at all. management is terrible, they don;t care about employees. compensation is pathetic, you're better of with a different company. Dont work here,.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFP. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss