NFP Employee Reviews

People First Culture with lots of room for advancement
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2019
NPF has a very strong culture that continues to grow and improve. They care about their employees and their experience and work hard to make sure it's a positive experience for all. I've received a couple of promotions and all because I work hard and my hard work has been recognized by my manager.
February 8, 2019

We believe our strong PeopleFirst culture is directly impacted by people just like you. Thank you for the feedback and for making NFP a great place to work!

Operations Coordinator - Be wary
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAFebruary 8, 2019
It may sound okay from the looks of it but I would advise not joining "the team". You're only paid somewhere near $19 an hour (not salary). It is extremely cliquey and if they don't like you.. goodbye. Falsify your doings and are not conservative no matter what they say.
Pros
Good PTO and hours
Cons
Management, Culture, Pay
February 14, 2019

Thanks for sharing. We'd like to connect with you to better understand your feedback. Please email us at humanresources [at] NFP [dot] com and a member of our NFP HR team will follow up with you personally.

Challenging and very rewarding...
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 24, 2018
I've been here almost 11 years now and don't see myself going anywhere anytime soon. Someone on this thread had negative things to say and I would assume that is someone who recently left that wanted to make a lot of money but didn't want to work hard. It's a family culture here and all hands on deck. If you don't want to be part of a team this isn't the right place for you.
Pros
Advancement opportunitties
Terrible Culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UtOctober 3, 2018
The culture is toxic and stressful. Employees are treated badly and are overworked while management disappears for extended hours a day or naps in their offices. People are scared to speak up even when HR come to visit because nothing changes. I won't stay much longer
Cons
Management is horrible
October 5, 2018

We take comments like this seriously and strive to create a workplace where all of our employees are treated respectfully. We'll review the feedback you provided so we may improve any practices that aren't clearly aligned with our Peoplefirst values, and always encourage employees to talk with their Manager or Human Resources about their concerns. As a reminder, NFP has an independent hotline you can anonymously call, which is 855-296-9085, so concerns can be addressed specifically. Thank you for taking the time to provide this important feedback.

Great people
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 30, 2018
Great people to work with. Good work-life balance.
Fun atmosphere at times. Depending on what team you’re on, you can advance your career. I would recommend NFP for someone who is looking for entry-level work/experience.
Demanding, great collaboration between teams, Little supervision if one knows job well
Senior Network/IT & AV Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10105October 23, 2018
I was first person in office everyday. Checked to see if any overnight issues developed by going over ticket tracking system, voice mail and email. Than checked to see if all issue from previous day were had been addressed. Checked team calendar make sure issues relating to AV meeting have been addressed. Get updates from Austin, TX and LA, CA teams. Once a week meeting with local office management, one a week team meeting with Austin office. In charge of training of new hires which included creating documentation for training purpose. Once day the settled in I would track trouble tickets as well as trouble shoot issues. Manage Helpdesk/Desktop Support team in NY office. The hardest was the morning. Once day got going the day got easier. Best day of the week was Friday, things were less hectic allowing me to catch up and prep for the coming week.
Pros
Free lunch every Friday
Cons
Stop and go environment. Could be slow one second, hectic the next.
n/a
Assistant Account Executive - Commercial Lines (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAAugust 20, 2018
I advanced quickly at NFP, the knowledge I have gained was incredible and I made a lot of life long friends.
There was hardly an communication between management and the employees. If you had to ask your manager a question, he or she was often out of reach and will not get back to you.
The teamwork was great, the team I was working with was very helpful and knowledgable.
The hardest part of the job was open communication with the managers. My boss's door was always open but any problem or issue would have to be relayed through him, which I found problematic. I would rather be direct than indirect with any problems being had.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
terrible communication with management-teams work better on a small scale
Do NOT work here!!!!
Senior Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 7, 2018
very poor management, leadership is reactive vs proactive, inflexible, horrible culture, your work is micro managed, all coworkers all have a "CYA" mentality! - Stay Away
Pros
Nice Office
October 5, 2018

Thank you for giving us this feedback. We work hard to build a supportive, people-centric culture - one that provides training and learning opportunities for all of our employees. We have an open door policy and hope if you have ideas on how to better communicate or be more proactive that you provide that feedback to the leader in your area who can do the most to listen and take action on where we can improve. If you are not comfortable speaking with your leader or manager, please contact humanresources at nfp . com or our anonymous hotline at 855-296-9085.

Nfp
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJanuary 7, 2019
NFP acquired my employer 1.5 hrs ago. I didn't have an "interview". All employees were hired at the time of acquisition. NFP is an alright company to work for. You get health & life benefits, holiday pay & PTO. My issues with my employer are not with NFP directly. I have issues with my current office environment.
Great company, but needs to come into the 21st century
VP (Current Employee) –  AustinApril 25, 2018
I love working at NFP. The leaders are very ethical and the company really tries to give employees great benefits. The workload is very fair and they do provide a lot of flexibility. I have been very happy here. However, there is definite room for improvement. There is a weird element of, we will let you know after it happens. For example, I wasn't told what my raise would be until after it shows up in my bank account and I wasn't told about my promotion until it showed up in a company email. Also, it would be nice to wear jeans every day in addition to Fridays. This is Austin and most companies are casual. Lastly, the leadership in Austin is pretty much against working remotely. Some departments allow 1 day per week, which is great, but it would be better to have 3 days per week. Many people sit in traffic for 45 minutes to an hour each way to come into the office when they would be spending all of that commute time working from home. It would be a huge benefit if this were offered more liberally and would show trust and confidence in NFP employees.
Pros
ethical, great benefits, fun events, career advancement opportunities
Cons
Little to no WFH, formal dress and info given after the fact
A good company to start with
Sr. Employee Benefits Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, nyOctober 10, 2018
Morale is not so great, turnover is high. Great company to start with, but not sure about for the long term. Management needs to invest in employee training and morale.
Terrible People
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAFebruary 8, 2019
These people are in it for themselves. Very snobbish and self-orientated. Remember the days when people thought the Sun revolved around the Earth... those types of images come to mind when I think of NFP Retirement. They had a name change sometime in the past. I'm sure it's due to something that went wrong if you catch my meaning.
February 13, 2019

We’re sorry you didn’t have a good experience with us, but want to thank you for sharing your feedback. NFP is committed to a PeopleFirst culture and if you’re willing to share specific concerns, we’d like to better understand what those are. Please email us at humanresources [at] NFP [dot] com and we will follow up.

Its all about bottom line for this company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousAugust 25, 2018
"People first" concept is just an empty promise. Business and profits come first for this company, not EEs.... No job security whatsoever, only managers get big bonuses.
Very busy environment
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 1, 2018
This was a good company to work for and I learned a great deal to advance my HR career. In this flexible environment, there was no typical work day. I managed a staff of up to 9 employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping employees.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
consistency problems
NFP is truly one of the best places to work in Austin!
VoIP Engineer/Mitel Integration Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2018
NFP is truly one of the best places to work in Austin! Since starting at NFP, I have learned more than just technical chops: I have learned the soft skills that take one to the next level!
Productive and fun workplace
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 31, 2018
Every day I'm learning something new, we have a lot of work but it's not boring at all. when you help many people through the day to get their health insurance or to solve their pending claims and issues, you will feel so comfortable
great place to work
Executive Assistant/Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2018
This company has got it down! they value their employees and take the time to train and promote from within. Going to work was always enjoyable. they gave you the tools you needed to succeed.
Very nice offices, competitive salary and great employees.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasFebruary 12, 2018
The position was very hectic, fast-paced and demanding. I had a very good Manager and the employees were all great to work with. The salary was very competitive.
Pros
Great staff, free lunches, bonuses and a nice working environment.
Cons
Extremely stressful
Nfp
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2018
Most days are fast paced spent collaborating with other members of the team. There is no shortage of projects to work on and you really get to make a difference. What's cool is that for an insurance broker the technology solutions NFP has in place to help us and our clients awesome!
Pros
Awesome environment, coworkers, technology
Cons
Traffic
Doing Things Right
Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2016
NFP offers the challenge of being able to make a difference for a variety of individuals and companies. If you want to be involved in multiple projects that can truly make an impact, then this is a great place to be.

There are some challenges, just like every job and company has. Communicating can be tough sometimes given there are quite a few office locations coast-to-coast and there is a lot going on within the company. But, I think you'll find NFP's Business Leaders and Managers to be honest and transparent about what works and what we need to work on.

Let's keep it up and keep doing the right things for our employees and our clients. NFP has an exciting future and I look forward to being a part of it!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Wellness, Culture, Benefits
Cons
E-Mail
May 13, 2016

As a current employee you know that everything we do, whether internally or externally is about someone else. Thank you for the feedback and for the difference you are making on a daily basis for our clients and for each other!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFP. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss