NHC BRISTOL Employee Reviews

Director of Health Information Management (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VASeptember 2, 2018
There is a lot of support within NHC. People really care for one another and are always willing to help. Everyone is supportive, and willing to answer any questions you may have.
Stressful, HOT inside
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VAFebruary 23, 2018
The day is non-stop. It's stressful. Nurses and aides always calling in sick. Always need you to work more but no perks for working extra. Floors are always hot.
Pros
Insurance is ok. Floor managers are great.
Cons
Administration
workplace culture is disorganized
former cna on rehab unit (Former Employee) –  NHC in BristolJuly 23, 2017
cna's on days are a little lazy and sloppy, they congregate at nurse station or dining hall and talk.
it isn't about patient care as much as it is about kissing up and playing the game.
cna's on nights are lazy and sloppy too, they never get anybody up, but they have to pick up the slack from days.
the skilled floor is the the most hectic and disorganised but the long term floor they are not as bad.
management are game players, mostly.
a typical day is disorganised- therapy comes for patients before we have a chance to bathe/dress them and sometimes we get overwhelmed.
the best part is that sometimes we had students, which made it easier on us.
but the worst part is being on call for a whole week and not being able to enjoy life and spend time with my famliy on those days off.
Pros
good pay if you have experience as aid
Cons
highley disorganized
Excellent place to work
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VANovember 29, 2016
NHC bristol has a wonderful work environment, I've been there for 10 years and truly enjoy working there. My co workers are wonderful. Management is easy to get along with. The hardest part is dealing with patients when they are at their worst, but watching them get better is always awesome.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Friendly patients but unorganized
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAMarch 29, 2016
Constantly needed to contact schedule making person because they would often leave me out. Needed help often and didn't always get it.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Short breaks, unorganized