NHC HomeCare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Don’t Waste your Time
PTA (Former Employee) –  Surfside Beach, SCMarch 3, 2018
The Murrells Inlet location is struggling with census and operations. This location opened in 2013 and has not progressed. The DON will have you believe the office is growing and that is far from the truth. Since it’s conception the office staff turnover is really high, 2 directors, 3 physical therapists, 3 physical therapist assistants, 1 occupational therapist, 1 certified occupational therapist assistant, 3 speech therapists, 2 home health aids, a minimum of 5-8 nurses, and a host of contracting agencies. The management excepts you to be available for visits but you are not paid on availability. This job will cause extreme financial hardship.
Operationally, management is not familiar with CMS and Home Health operations. They are constantly learning and that lack of knowledge is discouraging. Initially their lack of knowledge didn’t impact the clinicians but after years it is apparent that they are continuing to struggle with billing and administration. With that being said building a thriving marketing campaign is beyond their skill set. If this tells you anything they are still using paper documentation. The only referral sources will continue to be NHC Murrells Inlet (the facility) and the Veterans Administration.

This post is with as much grace as possible because the staff is out of their league. Being behind the learning curve isn’t a viable option in this dynamic healthcare market. Don’t waste your time or personal savings on a hope and a dream.
Pros
A lot of time off and autonomy with treatment plans.
Cons
No financial stability, You pay yourself to work after gasoline cost and vehicle maintenance, CMS rules aren’t fully understood by management.
Great experience in Homehealth, management lacked structure.
Home Health RN (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 21, 2018
Very good experience with my patients. Management was lacking which led to a difficult work environment with most employees guessing what was happening. In hindsight, very difficult for administrators due to them being untrained in their roles as managers. Also, Medicare guidelines can be very difficult to uphold with a weak infrastructure.

Work was very busy which I enjoy.

Overall difficult culture in the office, great experience with my patients and their supportive MD offices.
Pros
Best part my patients.
Cons
Lack of management
Great company
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 15, 2018
Overall great company to work for. Family and goal oriented agency. Management is great, patient based company that places the needs of the patients above funding.
busy and face paced
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJanuary 24, 2018
the people i worked with where great, a lot of overtime due to short staffing, average nursing facility. One of the better and cleaner facilities i have worked in.
Pros
all the hours i could work
Cons
always short staffed, no sick days, no raises
The environment
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNJanuary 14, 2018
The staff at NHC sure knew how to have a good time, and there was never a dull moment. You were either cleaning or joking around while making the food, but everything was prepared on time. Sometimes the kitchen ran out of food but there was a grocery store about 5 minutes away, and someone would go and grab what was needed.
Pros
Free food
Cons
breaks were short, people smoked
Na
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCJanuary 7, 2018
Residents and their family's where nice, management was very helpful at times, there are a lot of opportunities at this job, to become a CNA with a job offer after the training
Love my coworkers, dislike the ammount of home and family time I miss out on.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Osage Beach, MODecember 9, 2017
Good company to work for. I dislike the work hours. Wish the sick/vacation days were better. Wish they would have done the 90 day evaluation they were suppose to do.
Poor management
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCDecember 9, 2017
This was not a bad place to work the director was awful. Everyone that i trained moved up in a better position. I know my race was the factor and once i informed her supervisor it was too late because i quit and found another job.
Cookeville HH office-Terrible place to work
Care Coordinator anf field nurse (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNDecember 4, 2017
Negative environment in every way. On call Nurse had to work 12 days in a row. Coordinate care for pt you didn't know while people ran around the office yelling over top of you to each other bc there was absolutely NO coordination in that office. Hard to concentrate on getting and reading the info on your pts you had to see that day to be sure nothing gets missed on your visits when you are constantly being pulled by 5 other ppl for info on other pts bc they can't find it anywhere else. Management was no help at all and expected you to be perfect while knowing you were working in such a hectic ridiculous environment. and then they act like they didn't notice the office was so crazy and you are the only one that feels that way. WOULD NEVER recommend this place. OH and I spent hours at home finishing paperwork making my "work day" almost constant. I took my work with me to school functions.
Pros
Cons
Never had time to take a lunch break. Paperwork everynight. No time with family.
Nice work environment
RN FIELD NURSE (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, TNOctober 29, 2017
nice work environment, but the paperwork is massive. I work 8 hour days and do around 4 more hours at home on paperwork. I am not compensated for my home time.
if you love tome away from work stay away
Wound care nurse/field nurse (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TN 38501October 24, 2017
it was an okay place to work every day you would come in to office and stay around 2 hours to make sure you had everything right and to wait to see if your work load changed at the drop of the hat
Pros
home care
Cons
cut throut
Worst place I have EVER worked at!!!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 18, 2017
This is by far the most mismanaged company I have ever encountered. The pay was low, the management unprofessional, the OT, or lack of reimbursement for it was a joke. The ETO was not available until 6 months into the position. The training was nil to non-existent. The on-call weekend schedule consisted of a scheduled assignment which put you working 12 days in a row. The company ethics were substandard. And, they treated their entire staff as children while micromanaging their every move. I would not recommend this company to anyone!!!!
Pros
Cons
Hours, management, training, pay, ETO and OT reimbursement, paperwork, unfair assignments, on-call scheduling and unproffesionalism
Productive slow work flow
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 11, 2017
Enjoyed the patients and the people that I worked around. Great environment. The hardest part is not making enough hours due to the ;ow capacity rate at times.
NHC Homecare
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Somerville, TNSeptember 20, 2017
Excellent compensation however this is a demanding place to work due to wide coverage area and frequent turnover. I left for more favorable hours despite large pay cut at new agency. Company demands always placed in front of employee well being.
Stressful environment, paid per visit with health benefits
Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 2, 2017
New and inexperienced office staff. It was like the blind leading the blind. High turnover rate and had to cover large distance for patient care . At times the distance would be 45 minutes to one hour between patients. The hardest part of the job was the high turnover rate for nursing and inability to keep nurses past 6 months. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients. The current nurse manager even talked about how bad the office shape was in and wondering how the manager got in this mess.
Pros
patient care, office staff nice
Cons
low patient census at times which meant low pay check, inexperienced management including nursing.low pay for the amount of required work
Poor management
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNAugust 2, 2017
The management micro-manages every aspect of partner's work. Company treats employees as children. They do not treat their employees fairly or as appreciated partners.
Quick paced, high volume of work, wonderful team
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 21, 2017
If you are willing to put in the time and effort and can stay on top of the tasks provided in your job description then this is an amazing place to work. Everyone there is like a family and very understanding. Definitely helps to have a good understanding of medical terminology and ICD-10 coding. Lots of opportunity for overtime.
Pros
Excellent team, high volume of work to stay busy, no weekends
Cons
Lots of overtime, be prepared to stay late during month-end
Best Place to Work!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLJuly 10, 2017
The only reason I left was because I got married and had to relocate out of state. If not for that, I'd still be working there! Awesome company to work for with lots of opportunity for advancement within the organization.
Pros
Great benefits, longstanding company that's publicly traded
Cons
Really productive strict work place keeps things in order & safe.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJuly 8, 2017
NHC has a great overall grasp of keeping everything under control and running smoothly. We have great in service leaders who completely explain why we do everything & how it should be done so that everyone is on the same page & doing their job correctly.
Pros
Very welcoming workplace
Cons
A little Drama
Productive place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 27, 2017
It is good place to be even the people is good to be around. I would recommend people go there for employment. And that also would a good place to put your parents in when you go out of town.