NHE Certification Employee Review

View all NHE Certification reviews

Intellectually stimulating fitness work.
PFMS (Personal Fitness Management Specialists) (Current Employee) –  Ardsly, PAJanuary 30, 2013
For weeks I've been looking into NHE (National Health Educators), in particular their affiliate based certification programs and expansion goals. My husband received some information regarding their PFMS position, which is short for Personal Fitness Management Specialists. It's part time work, although they have full time availabilities, I work as a Chiropractor 25-30 hours a week and was looking for part time work as a supplement to my practice. Because of my extensive kinesiology background it sounded like a perfect position and so I submitted my CV for their review. A few days later they initiated the recruitment process and then I took a brutal two hour comprehensive exam called the MTC exam (short for master trainer certificate exam). Once I accepted the position, based on their approval, I started the training program which not only covered the job 's many components but also went through a lot about the NHE philosophy and academic vision. I was very impressed by the whole process.
Pros
perfect part time work with flexible schedule.
Cons
tons of typing.

Other NHE Certification Employee Reviews

Live Chat Nutrition Agent
Nutrition Live Chat Agent (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 26, 2018
Like any other virtual company, the schedule and the days are flexible. Of course, I work on my laptop so I can do my job anywhere. Sometimes I get Chat calls during times I am busy with a client but that's sort of the deal with this type of position. I will say that the thing I like most is that I did not have to give up any of my clients do work as a Chat agent.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Healthcare
Chinese Instructor
Exercise Course Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 18, 2017
I received some information relating to a fitness instructor position helping Chinese personal trainers. They refer to it as an Exercise Course Instructor. It is similar work to when I worked for AFAA as a course instructor. The primary difference is the job requires 5 days a week as opposed to just doing weekend seminars around the United States. They hook you up with an interpreter and its all done via a Cisco video connection. This was very strange for me initially but after a few days it actually starts to become second nature. The nice thing is I am learning Mandarin too. I enjoy the work more than I thought I was going to. I would recommend this job to anyone with an exercise science background.
Pros
Learning to instruct using new technology and expanding my skillset.
Cons
I do not like my schedule, I tried to change it and have a pending request for a new one, It still has not been approved.