Niagara Bottling Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No oppertunity for growth
Employee (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 6, 2018
When I started working at Niagara, the company was family oriented and there were always special events throughout the year for them to express their appreciation for all of our hard work. Four years later, that excitement is gone as the company has grown. There are 10+ people to do the same work which gets frustrating because it causes mass confusion. I have found that if I am not related to a certain family, there is no way of career growth. The management would rather train their family members than allow growth for someone who has put in many years at the company.
Pros
close to home
Cons
managment, pay, no career growth
Has a big change overr
Injection Molding Operator (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 27, 2018
The training was good, I was trained in another Niagara plant. We work 12 hours a day and some times over time. they cant keep employees in the plant,
July 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that your training is helping you succeed at Niagara!

fast paced - poor upper management
Shipping Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, PAJune 26, 2018
Fast paced environment.
Upper management consistently compares this to his previous plant.
Runs when warehouse becomes unsafe due to excess product.
Pros
Free lunches occationally
Cons
Aetna Health Care Plans with high deductibles
July 5, 2018

We are pleased to hear you enjoy our appreciation lunches and events. We acknowledge the hard work of our Team Members and make an effort to demonstrate our gratitude. We are also continuously training our managers to become more effective leaders. Thank you for writing a review and please feel free to continue this conversation with your HR Manager.

Terrible place
Weekend Support/ Scheduler/ Load Planner (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 25, 2018
If your not related to a person higher on the totem pole your nothing. Managment sucks lazy dont train. Half the people there smoke weed in their vape pens and are working high.
Little room for advancement
Dock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 25, 2018
Little room for advancement and very low pay for the risk. And extremely high turnover rate. Zero compensation for associates who constant train new hires.
Pros
Rotating shifts
Cons
Low pay
July 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are continuously evaluating our total compensation to stay competitive in the local market.

stressful
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJune 12, 2018
Management keep on changing. Promotion and position depend on favoritism and not qualification. The management can lie on you to get fired. Twelve hour shift
June 18, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear about your experience and encourage all Team Members to bring up any unfair treatment to their Human Resources Manager.

Very stressfu and l busy place to work!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 6, 2018
This place is ran like no other company I have ever worked for. Summers are extremely busy and stressful. Expect to be overworked and under paid. The moral in the building is horrible. Summer time is mandatory 10+hour days. A lot of politics to go anywhere in this company.
Pros
Great prices on water twice a month
Cons
Not appreciated
June 18, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate your feedback. Summer is a busy season for us due to increased market demand for our products. During this time, we often provide free lunches and treats to demonstrate our gratitude. Please continue this conversation with your manager so together, we can address your concerns.

No work-life balance
Distribution Strategist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 5, 2018
It is career or family, no in-between.

The pay was good but with it came an expectation of 24/7 availability. They preach "company over department" but from my experience everyone is out for themselves. Very cutthroat.
June 18, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate the time you dedicated to working with us. Thank you for leaving us your feedback.

Great
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 29, 2018
Great work space loved management everyone at the place they make you feel comfortable there like your a big family they have good benefits and also great training.
June 18, 2018

Thank you for being a part of the Niagara Family! We appreciate your feedback.

great job
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2018
Its a good job an I just would like to see the pay rate go up just a little an then I would think of going back to the company
other then that I woul
May 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We hope you consider working with us again in the future.

Great place for those who are comfortable with no promotions
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 15, 2018
never in my life have I worked for a place where managemtn has no idea what their employees actually do. Manager spend 90 percent of the day joking around with one another in the offices. The pay is fair but the raises are horrible. The culture here is horrible. employees show up tp work to get paid but have no passion for what they do.
Pros
$1 cases of water.
Cons
Horrible management
May 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As we continue to grow rapidly, there is an increase of opportunities for growth and cross-functional mobility. Our managers may also be new to their role and still learning. We encourage you to please continue this conversation with your HR Manager so together you can address your concerns.

clean atmosphere
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMay 9, 2018
Good place to work.cleanest manufacturing place I've ever seen. Good group of folks. not as fast pace as it has been at other places i've worked. the work is fairly laid back. not hard to learn the machines.
Pros
steady work schedule. no surprises
Cons
long hours 12 hour shifts
May 18, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Not a bad place
Lead Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  seguin, txMay 4, 2018
Its not bad the hours are long and there is low accountability among co workers. The home life comes second and they are very stingy with raises......
May 18, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review. Please continue this conversation with your supervisor so together, we can address your concerns.

Stressfull
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 3, 2018
Long hours and supervisors always on your back. Different HR every month. Co -workers were not very friendly. Not much team work there. Training was not long enough. Management could of been better. Overtime pay was good.
Pros
Have a couple of days off during the week if you worked the weekend.
Cons
Very Stressfull and demanding.
May 18, 2018

Thanks for the feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate the time you dedicated to working at Niagara.

I was a remote Talent Acquisition Specialist and had a great manager/team
Talent Acquisition Field Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 24, 2018
Every day I would check my emails/voice messages. Then, I would prioritize my schedule by top reqs that needed more focus/emphasis. We would have 2 meetings a week and typically end of week. Great place and got to travel.
May 18, 2018

Thank you for being a part of the Niagara Family! We are glad you had a great experience working with us.

Super fast paced work enovironment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 18, 2018
Niagara is a fast paced work environment. Operations are typically 24 hours 7 days a week. There are opportunities for advancement but often requiring relocation. Niagara is a fast growing company, opening plants in new locations yearly.
May 18, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We are proud of our rapid growth and the career development opportunities that are available to Team Members who demonstrate key leadership behaviors.

Fast paced and enjoyable place to work
Upstream Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 14, 2018
I enjoy working for Niagara. Fast paced work environment and great teamwork makes the 12 hour shifts go by quickly. Health insurgence is a big plus. The company takes care of its employees..
Pros
Friendly work environment. Great benefits. Good work schedule.
Cons
Pay. No sick or vacation days, only PTO that is accrued.
May 18, 2018

Thank you for being a part of the Niagara Family! We are pleased to hear you enjoy the work environment and schedule.

Decent pay, guaranteed hours, only if you have no social life.
Production Operator/Injections Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2018
Coworkers are excellent, Management got shifted after repeated employee complaints to corporate, new management seemed on top of things. Moving up however adds more responsibility (obviously) but seems to add at least an hour or two to your daily shifts due to the extra responsibilites. Head mechanics are on call at their/plant managements direction and FREQUENTLY work 16 hour days to take the mandatory 8 hour leave to come in and work 16 hours. The pay is a little low in area but hours are guaranteed as long as you show up for shift. Have to work a 2-2-3 shift that rotates (2 on 2 off 3 on then opposite next week) and there are 4 shifts at the plant I worked at on 67th from 4:45 am to 5:15 pm and 4:45 pm to 5:15 pm, working day shift is better due to the over abundance of support mechanics, working nights you may as well be on your own depending on your supervisor. Definitely some supervisors are MUCH better than others.
May 18, 2018

Thank you for leaving a detailed review of your experience. We are growing at a fast pace and will continue to make adjustments to suit the needs of our Team Members and customers.

Very employee unfriendly
Production operator (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAMarch 24, 2018
Production management has too much power over all fields incompany. SV and shift leads as well as the production manager are very unprofessional. Lots of favoritism. Starting from the top. If they don’t like you you’ll feel it stress it and management always sides with their SV’s and go about at all costs to fire employees.
May 18, 2018

We strive to provide a workplace where there is mutual respect. If that is not what you are experiencing, please do not hesitate to bring it up to your HR Manager. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Upper management ruins a company with real potential
Operator (Former Employee) –  NCMarch 14, 2018
My experience working for Niagra was not terrible my managers on the floor with us where good guys. The problem with the place was upper management I won’t go into detail but needless to say they should never be in the position they are in. Turnover was high due to the nature of the work and long hours, it’s not for everybody. Really the whole problem boiled down nobody really knew what was going on or how to fix anything. They have a great system in place with lots of technology that is truly amazing it’s just a shame they couldn’t ever get their act together to really see their equipment shine. Good people for the most part out on the floor, management was just a total disgrace.
Pros
Water sales
Cons
Long days, gross negligence on part of management
May 18, 2018

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your coworkers and we understand how long the days can be when you are on your feet for 12+ hours. We appreciate the hard work of our Team Members and hope we demonstrate it through our frequent team BBQs, raffles and events.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Niagara Bottling. Our community is ready to answer.