Niagara County Community College Employee Reviews

Innovative and compassionate
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sanborn, NYJanuary 4, 2019
took into consideration general human needs and treated everyone with compassion. Coordinator had good communication skills. It is a team effort to assist any students that came in for help, even if it wasn't our specific skill set.
okay
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYDecember 15, 2018
it was a work study job. I t wasn't anything major, all i did was check students,faculty answered calls that were directed to my supervisor. staff into the fitness center and
Not a team environment
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 1, 2018
This is by far one of the most toxic and stressful work environments that I have ever encountered. The "good old boys" culture stems from years of deals built on political corruption and trickles down from the top through the trenches. The state benefits are incredible, and the entry level staff is incredible to work with if you can see past the rampant sexism and nepotism. In spite of Union contracts you are regularly expected to work excessive hours outside of contract. This workplace is a culture where upper level employees methodically tear you down in an effort to make themselves look better.
Benefits
Great Work Enviroment, Benefits
Technical Assistant(Auditorium) (Current Employee) –  Sanborn, NYJanuary 13, 2018
A great place to work as their are numerous benefits including very flexible schedules, consistent pay, and access to the campus gym. Management between departments is very helpful and effective in solving any issue.
Pros
Pay, Advancement, Flexible Hours
Enjoyable Place to work
Office Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYJanuary 6, 2018
I truly enjoyed working here, I was always happy to see my coworkers and they helped me however and whenever possible.
Alos they are increidibly friendly people.
Veteran's Office was Fantastic
Veteran Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYDecember 18, 2017
Working for Joe and Eileen in the Veteran's Office at NCCC was fantastic. The school in general felt like we were promoting really helping student progress with their goals. The student oriented atmosphere really rang through every time interoffice communication was necessary.
Great workplace.
Instructor- Dept. of Social Sciences (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYNovember 21, 2017
Conducive work envirnment. Smoke free campus. Safety highly gauranteed, friendly supportive and caring staff, students and faculty. Great leadeership.
Pros
Good programs
Cons
Diveersity
Nice college
Personal Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYNovember 13, 2017
The college was a beautiful place to work. The atmosphere was positive and always moving forward. Students appear to have needs met in a timely manner.
Very relaxed place to work. And Fun!
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Sanborn, NYOctober 18, 2017
Grounds work here was peaceful and rewarding. Worked alone and manger was awesome! My day consists of going around all the sign beds and plantings flowers and pulling weeds. Mulching etc..
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Seasonal
Enjoyable and Professional place to work
Work-Study Intern-Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYSeptember 13, 2017
I worked for Niagara County Community College for 2 years (2007-2010). I had the most enjoyable time working in the office. The work environment was very professional and actually a breath of fresh air after working in fast food for over 10 years. A typical day of work was answering phones and taking messages, filing student information. The hardest part of the job was making sure you did of mix up the phone messages because there was a lot of them and also the information you had to file but the filing was not difficult . The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some of the faculty and also the administrators from different departments.
great place
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sanborn, NYJuly 10, 2017
great place to work. i love working with students and staff, it is rewarding to pass on my knowledge in the field. i work part time and is flexible with my other employment
Great staff
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYJune 29, 2017
Learned how to manage 9-10 students in clinical setting. Supervising and teaching clinical skills and care plans. Really enjoyed working with the staff and the students.
Fair place with many departments
Adjunct Instructor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 9, 2017
I believe the experience here depends heavily on what department you are working in. From administration to teaching to food service and security there's many ways to experience NCCC. Each department has a chair or department manager who really sets the tone for those working under. I like the current chair so it's a more pleasant experience but still not much more than average for all the places I've worked.
love it here
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sanborn, NYFebruary 14, 2017
I love working here, love the people I work with and that I am able to help students. Don't want to leave but I need better benefits.
Adjunct Professor Computer Information Systems
Adjunct Professor Computer Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Sanborn, NYFebruary 3, 2017
I enthusiastically gave 100% of myself to this position. I enjoyed interacting with my students and developing fantastic teacher / student relationships with them.
Pros
Student engagement
Cons
No room for advancement
Good place to work.
Surgical Technology Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sanborn, NYJune 15, 2016
Great boss ,great co-workers injoyable to work with. Can be challenging with the different array of students. Injoy teaching students the skills involved for the job and to see them grow in there skills.
educational place of employment
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanborn, NYMay 18, 2016
Overall a good place to work, nice people bosses always listen to concerns and changes are always happening. Not very multi culture and no place for advancement but the pay is good.
Ugh
Student Representative of Alumni Relations (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYApril 28, 2016
I dont like this school at all they do nothing for the students i am a freshman and its like high school all over that's why i am transferring to Niagara University next semester where i was suppose to go
Excellent Atmosphere
Student Life Worker (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYFebruary 18, 2016
Friendly people, positive atmosphere, working never felt so comfortable while being so productive. All staff is helpful and friendly and the possibilities are endless.
Fun relaxed environment
Gallery Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYJuly 23, 2015
Enjoyable workplace. Worked alone unless setting up new show. Minimal compensation due to work study program. Minimal hours due to short shows and semesters.
Pros
Able to work on homework in down time
Cons
Low pay low hours