Niagara University Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 11, 2018
I schooled there so working in the dining commons everyone already knew who I was. This was my first semester with a job and I did my best academically since I got to Niagara and I was in my last semester of my sophomore year. I loved it , everyone there was friendly and they put me to work but it was worth it!
Pros
Free lunches
part-time and temporary
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NYOctober 23, 2018
I like working there, but I don't think I will be able to secure a full time position. I hope to continue in my part time role if that's possible in conjunction with a full time position.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work from home
Cons
only part time available
productive and fun work place
Athletics Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Athletic DepartmentOctober 23, 2018
I was a work study student who had a lot of responsiblitly and the workplace was great. You come in and get the work done and then you can relax. also a air hockey table and everyone is extremely friendly
Pros
free games, free apparel
Cons
long work days, weekends
small department
Full- time Associate Professor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NYSeptember 29, 2018
Nursing department is small. there is not mush room for advancement. The board rates are low and the director does not listen to her faculty. admin also is not receptive to change.
Extremely Poor working conditions
Accademic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara University, NYSeptember 5, 2018
A typical day requires you to do the work of 5 with the salary at poverty level. The higher ups have no problem giving themselves pay increase while they pay there staff extremely low and pile the work on to where it is almost impossible to complete. The all around work environment is unacceptable the people in the presidents office treat the staff like they are beneath them. I have learned from this work place that being a hard worker and someone always willing to help others will always be my priority even if the people that employ me will never notice.
Positive Environment
Assistant to I.D. Card Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Niagara University, NYJune 17, 2018
Niagara University has provided me with a great education and gave me many opportunities for enriching teaching experiences. There are small class sizes which makes for a more personal classroom environment.
relaxed job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NYMay 20, 2018
It was a work study job so it was very relaxed. They allowed us to do our schoolwork if there was nothing to be done. We basically just ran errands and made copies.
Productive and fun workplace
Orientation Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
Niagara University is a great institution which gives its students the opportunity to improve their leadership skills. I enjoyed my three years as orientation assistant.
Pros
leadership development, friendly environment
Poor managment
Faculty Fellow (Current Employee) –  Niagara University, NYApril 25, 2018
Very difficult to deal with management who were vindictive and cruel. Management did not support faculty. Expectations were not realistic. Academic performances were poor with no standards to raise them. Grades were freely given.
Pros
Campus is very lovely
Cons
Cruel director
Busy
Sports Information Volunteer/Intern (Former Employee) –  Niagara University, NYApril 19, 2018
The university is always busy with activity and in the athletic communications department, you are never short on something that can be done. Whether you need to update the athletic website, player bio's or stats, or attend an afternoon game, you will always be learning and growing as an employee.
Good
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (Current Employee) –  Niagara University, NYMarch 27, 2018
- good environment
- friendly community
- a lot of opportunities
- many activities on campus
- many community service activities
- good service in general
good
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (Current Employee) –  NYMarch 24, 2018
- good environment
- good management
- caring
- part-time work opportunities for the students
- no discrimination
- friendly
- flexible schedules
- flexible shifts
Productive and fun
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NYMarch 4, 2018
Working as an Orientation Leader is very fun and relaxed. You meet a lot of new people and get to learn great teamwork skills. You bond greatly with the other employees and overall is a great job, I would do it for free easily.
Fun place with opportunity to learn everyday
Public Relations Intern (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NYMarch 2, 2018
Attend events regularly and write articles that connect the event to the Vincentian values.
I learned the value of collaborating with different departments.
Management provides clear mentorship without hovering.
All employees at Niagara University want to enjoy their day so everyone is happy and wants to make the most out of their relationships.
The hardest part of the job was figuring out which events were more important/relevant than others.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning what capabilities I have in PR.
Pros
Work/life balance, helpful mentors, make my own schedule, freelance, not overwhelming, good learning atomosphere
Cons
Unpaid internship, slow during months with few events
Teaching
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 11, 2018
As a teacher's assistant, I helped younger students in their dance, combat and physical theater classes by teaching them proper technique, combinations and teamwork.
It was good for experience
General Chemistry Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chemistry DepartmentDecember 20, 2017
The job taught me responsbility. When I was a lab assistant, I was in charge of preparing the labs for the students which includes cleaning, running experiements, and setting up the experiements.
Great Vision and Mission
Personal Trainer & Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NYDecember 20, 2017
The job I had is no longer at the institution. However, the mission and vision of the university is great. The emphasis placed on community service is something that i took away from working there.
Great school to work for
Mathematics Professor (Former Employee) –  Niagara University, NYNovember 27, 2017
This school was great to work for, but it was very low paying. Often the amount of work/hours you had to do for the class was way more than what you were getting paid for.
Great academic institution
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Niuagara University, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Niagara has a great nursing program and is overall a wonderful school. Would highly recommend for anyone perusing a degree in nursing, whether undergrad or RN to BSN.
Pros
great school
coached club sports
Head Coach Club Sports (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 10, 2017
Good University to work for as a club coach. The management was good to work with and always friendly. heads of departments were always willing to work with coaches to better the program.