Niagara University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
relaxed job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NYMay 20, 2018
It was a work study job so it was very relaxed. They allowed us to do our schoolwork if there was nothing to be done. We basically just ran errands and made copies.
Productive and fun workplace
Orientation Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
Niagara University is a great institution which gives its students the opportunity to improve their leadership skills. I enjoyed my three years as orientation assistant.
Pros
leadership development, friendly environment
Poor managment
Faculty Fellow (Current Employee) –  Niagara University, NYApril 25, 2018
Very difficult to deal with management who were vindictive and cruel. Management did not support faculty. Expectations were not realistic. Academic performances were poor with no standards to raise them. Grades were freely given.
Pros
Campus is very lovely
Cons
Cruel director
Busy
Sports Information Volunteer/Intern (Former Employee) –  Niagara University, NYApril 19, 2018
The university is always busy with activity and in the athletic communications department, you are never short on something that can be done. Whether you need to update the athletic website, player bio's or stats, or attend an afternoon game, you will always be learning and growing as an employee.
Good
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (Current Employee) –  Niagara University, NYMarch 27, 2018
- good environment
- friendly community
- a lot of opportunities
- many activities on campus
- many community service activities
- good service in general
good
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (Current Employee) –  NYMarch 24, 2018
- good environment
- good management
- caring
- part-time work opportunities for the students
- no discrimination
- friendly
- flexible schedules
- flexible shifts
Productive and fun
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NYMarch 4, 2018
Working as an Orientation Leader is very fun and relaxed. You meet a lot of new people and get to learn great teamwork skills. You bond greatly with the other employees and overall is a great job, I would do it for free easily.
Fun place with opportunity to learn everyday
Public Relations Intern (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NYMarch 2, 2018
Attend events regularly and write articles that connect the event to the Vincentian values.
I learned the value of collaborating with different departments.
Management provides clear mentorship without hovering.
All employees at Niagara University want to enjoy their day so everyone is happy and wants to make the most out of their relationships.
The hardest part of the job was figuring out which events were more important/relevant than others.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning what capabilities I have in PR.
Pros
Work/life balance, helpful mentors, make my own schedule, freelance, not overwhelming, good learning atomosphere
Cons
Unpaid internship, slow during months with few events
Teaching
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 11, 2018
As a teacher's assistant, I helped younger students in their dance, combat and physical theater classes by teaching them proper technique, combinations and teamwork.
It was good for experience
General Chemistry Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chemistry DepartmentDecember 20, 2017
The job taught me responsbility. When I was a lab assistant, I was in charge of preparing the labs for the students which includes cleaning, running experiements, and setting up the experiements.

Want to know more about Niagara University?

Ask a question
Great Vision and Mission
Personal Trainer & Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NYDecember 20, 2017
The job I had is no longer at the institution. However, the mission and vision of the university is great. The emphasis placed on community service is something that i took away from working there.
Great school to work for
Mathematics Professor (Former Employee) –  Niagara University, NYNovember 27, 2017
This school was great to work for, but it was very low paying. Often the amount of work/hours you had to do for the class was way more than what you were getting paid for.
Great academic institution
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Niuagara University, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Niagara has a great nursing program and is overall a wonderful school. Would highly recommend for anyone perusing a degree in nursing, whether undergrad or RN to BSN.
Pros
great school
coached club sports
Head Coach Club Sports (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 10, 2017
Good University to work for as a club coach. The management was good to work with and always friendly. heads of departments were always willing to work with coaches to better the program.
Nice place to work.
Niagara University Student Health Services (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NYApril 10, 2017
I only worked here as a work study student so I could only work 15 hours a week. However, it is a very enjoyable place to work. My coworkers are great and try to help students to the best of their ability.
Exciting workplace
International Student Peer Mentoring Program (Former Employee) –  New York StateApril 8, 2017
Fun environment with courteous staff, allowing for reasonable accommodation with personal and family time off. The day starts and ends on a high note always
Outstanding Catholic University
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara University, NYMarch 1, 2017
Working everyday to influence and support students, as they grow and learn the skills necessary to go out into the workforce, is a very rewarding career. Niagara University not only provides a wonderful education, it provides a life path. Being a Catholic University, NU has the opportunity to educate the spiritual mind as well as the academic mind. It is an honor to be a part of something bigger than oneself. The Administration, Faculty and Staff at NU really believe they can make a difference in our students futures. It a great place to work.
Pros
Diversity in student body and clubs on campus. Supportive of all faiths.
Review of Job duties
Graduate Assistant For Veteran Services (Former Employee) –  Niagara University, NYOctober 11, 2016
It was an honor to serving as a Mentor and Liaison to all of the Student Veterans. I dedicated the majority of my workday mentoring Student-Veterans adapt to college life and their academic progress. The remanding time was dedicated to ensuring the students received their appropriate benefits from the Veteran Affairs education office. I was in a small office that accommodated three of us. The hardest part of my job was rectifying benefit discrepancies with the VA office.
Pros
Highly rewarding
Cons
Isolated from the student body population
A true Team Environment
Assistant Vice President for Marketing (Former Employee) –  Niagara University, NYAugust 11, 2016
Niagara University was an amazing place to work. Good people, competitive salary and benefits. Actually paid for my daughters college tuition. There was always a chance to learn new things and involve yourself in all aspects of the University.
Great workplace and Education Environment
Laboratory Assistant, Community Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara University, NYJuly 4, 2016
Diverse group of projects, each with a great depth and an impassioned group of professors figure heading each and often times seeking out individual projects which promote the skill sets of individual students. A lot of responsibility falls on each student to find the next step their project, helping everyone become a stronger experimenter.