NICE inContact Employee Reviews

It was good
SOFTWARE ENGINEER 1 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 27, 2019
The staff I worked for was good. They always contacted me as soon as possible when they needed information and I could get in contact with them when needed.
I would not ever recommend
Partner Team (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTDecember 4, 2018
InContact will not resolve it's issues without letting the entire upper management team go. Their problems and inadequacies bleed down through the rest of the company.
Pros
Fun Parties, Cool Office
Cons
Poor pay, horrible culture, highly unorganized.
Very Immature organization, horrible management
anonymous (Current Employee) –  anonymousNovember 18, 2018
Many good individuals, but no idea how to work together. Management has no vision or ability to change. they want change but their egos won't let them accept other people's ideas. They hear industry buzzwords and try to implement the ideas with no understanding, and won't listen to people who actually know how to do it.

You will have no life. You will be hounded at all times. No real time off; you'll just work remotely weekends/holidays/vacations. This is not exaggeration. THIS IS EXPECTED AND YOU WILL BE PENALIZED IF YOU DON'T WORK NONSTOP. It is a sweatshop.
Pros
Exposure to a lot of technologies; a lot of talented people (not management).
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Used to be a good place to work
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 15, 2018
After the acquisition by Nice, the corporate culture has evaporated. Decisions are handed down as decrees, regardless of potential impact to employees or customers. Merit increase is non-existent. Senior people who know the business are leaving at a fair clip.
Pros
Free soda and tee shirts in lieu of raises
Cons
Free soda and tee shirts in lieu of raises
Horrible Company
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  SandyOctober 11, 2018
I was there for only A few months.
I was told I would be paid one salary and on my first day they came to me and told me I would be making less.
My position ended up not being what I was hired for. Ungrateful staff and management.
I would avoid and by reading the other reviews other people feel the same way.
Pros
My assistant
Cons
Too many
Worst place I ever worked
Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 30, 2018
Cut throat. Sweat shop. Poorly managed. These are the attributes that come tomind when I think back about my time at InContact. It was not owned by Nice at the time.

Thanks!
Fun place to work!
PROVISIONING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time at inContact, however it has 'clicks' within the department and everyone was friends out side of work. The Management was great most of the time I worked. Once they started making changes the Management everything went down hill so I found a better job.
It used to be a good place to work
Technical Support II (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 26, 2018
Until inContact was bought out by Nice, it used to be a great culture where everyone knew most everyone else, and was willing to work with each other well. But when they were bought out by Nice, they cut almost half the Services department in favor of outsourced services, because it was cheaper. Over 150 lost their jobs.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Not very much job security
Nice inContact
Technical Success Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Sal Lake City, UTJuly 26, 2018
This is a growing company and with the merger form inContact to Nice inContact, there have been a few growing pains. However the executive team responded to the feedback form the yearly surveys and I feel they have taken necessary steps try and blend the two very different cultures.
Work Hard Play Hard
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 2, 2018
Sales can be very stressful but InContact provided many different releases so you can unwind. InContact allowed latitude and open discussion within the team to help in the sales process.
Poor Leadership once NICE came in
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 21, 2018
The company is going downhill after NICE acquired InContact, I would say stay away as leadership scrambles on how to lead the organization. Things may look good from the outside (financially), although its turmoil on the inside with leadership, cuts on FTE and outsourcing to cheap unskilled resources.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Leadership and Strategic Direction
Great People
Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2018
The people that work at inContact are great. There is a very collaborative, collegial atmosphere. People pull together to offer help, advice and to get the job done. The work load could be demanding. The more one takes on, more is expected. Colleagues of mine that did not have firm boundaries did not seem to have great work/life balance. In my opinion promotions were not given often, even to employees that went above and beyond.
Company Going Downhill
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 6, 2018
Once inContact was acquired by NICE the company slowly deteriorated. Management changed, perks declined and management decisions were questionable. Employees are seen as replaceable and only those that "play the game" advance.
Good work environment
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 13, 2018
Not only are you expected to perform but you must collaborate and be a self-starter. Engineering managers are conscious about the team's needs. The work/life balance is great and company events throughout the year are exciting.
Interview process
Candidate (Former Employee) –  UtahMay 4, 2018
If you are fortunate to interview, be prepared for them to switch gears on what they want from the role without telling you. Making your interview completely worthless and a waste of time.. Not to mention they never call you to tell you anything after the interview.. Bad sign right from the start... stay away.
Pros
Cons
waste of time
Public Company reporting
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 3, 2018
Review the balance sheet question any questionable variances
Variance reporting for the Executive team and reasons behind the variances.
Review the SEC reporting for accuracy
Pros
learning, reporting, reconciliation
Cons
job security
Great place to work until company was bought by NICE
Technical Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 20, 2018
Current management does allow much growth within the company. Most people who want to move up in the company typically have to leave for 6-9 months then come back. Was told for a year that layoffs would not be happening. Then one month ago layoffs occurred for outsourced jobs. Team morale is low in most of the teams.
Good People, Low Moral, and Changes
Software Engineer in Test (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 19, 2018
The people that work there are great, but with many of the recent changes moral and retention is low.
Some of the policies and updates from the acquistion have caused the moral to go down and has also upset many of the people that still remain.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Good People
Cons
Lack of Promotions/Advancement, Frustrating policies
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 18, 2018
the environment was great. In sales, it is stressful, but pays well. Management wanted you to succeed and helped you to do so. The benefits were very good when I worked there.
Pros
Management, pay including commissions
Cons
Stressful, lots of travel, new sales reps will find it difficult to advance
No chance of career advancement
Channel Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 11, 2018
No chance of career advancement unless you were friends with management.

inContact was good place to work before NICE took over . You were definitely a number here with no chance of career advancement .

The company has no problem laying people off if you do not produce high numbers they are all about turning a profit.
Pros
The original inContact people are very nice and great to work with
Cons
Nice does not care about their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NICE inContact. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight