Nice Pak Products Employee Reviews

Very productive
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, INApril 2, 2018
Nice pak is a good job it pays well its a steady work load. Pto. All the OT you want. And great benefits. I just don't like the attendance policy which could be a lot better.
Pros
Company picnic
Cons
Short breaks dab
Avoid this place.
Machine Operator (IT) (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, INDecember 3, 2017
Stay away from here! Hours are bad,mangers are terrible!
Very Cut Throat,clicks,way too much drama,no chance for advancement,move to another (different) machine before you qualify on the last,just to keep you from getting more money!
Watch your back
Assoc. Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 5, 2017
My department as a whole was great for the most part. It was other departments, especially upper management in New York, that make this company unenjoyable. Marketing and Sales sell products to customers before they even know that they can create such a product to sell. After they've sold it, they demand and blame everyone else for not being able to provide the customer what they sold. There is no accountability for all but a few departments, including mine. Fingers are pointed instead of solutions created. The pay and benefits were fine, my work/life balance was good, and my boss was pretty good. It was everything outside of my department and my individual pay and role that made this company hard to recommend to others.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits, mostly good coworkers
Cons
Bad company culture, poor upper management
Nice and clean and comfortable environment
Packer (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 3, 2016
I enjoy working here I love the people and the things I do ! I enjoy my job as a individual and I love learning new things each and every day. Nice Pak involves so much safety to keep us safe and active. They make sure that everyone there enjoys the job they have as a team leader.
Pros
Snack machines, good people, and safe environment
Cons
Short breaks
Very relaxed, determined work culture.
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INOctober 4, 2016
The company and the people I encountered every day made me feel like a part of something that bettering the lives of people. I never had a bad day and the managers and shift leads always made sure we ran on a schedule that benefited everyone.
Pros
Great break periods, everyone was a anxious to help.
Cons
Standing for long periods of time.
Best company to work for
Warehouse Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 12, 2016
This is one of the best companies I have every worked for they treat you like family and they work with you instead against you and very laid back.
Review 1
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  plainfield, INMay 17, 2016
I enjoyed working with people. I also enjoyed loading, and offloading trucks. The hardest part of the job was deadlines. But i never missed one. A typical day of work was checking the forklift out, receiving work orders, and organizing the workload. We also used an LXE hand held computer for inventory, and workload orders.
Pros
Friendly people.
Cons
Healthcare
Value Stream Coordinator,Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INMay 3, 2016
Great place to work people are friendly, plenty room to advance. 12 hour work days very productive and busy at all times.
Steady Workload
Quality Technician II (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, INApril 18, 2016
I did learn a lot of different tasks in several different areas. There is a lot of documentation involved. There is a lot of word processing, windows navigation, and basic mathematics. Management is prone to overwork its employees. Most coworkers are pleasant, but your quality tech partner will make or break you. The hardest part of the job is the workload. The schedule is hard on some people (12 hour shifts). Best part of the job is the coffee.
Pros
steady work
Cons
mandatory overtime
Terrible corrupt, discriminating managers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 30, 2016
Stay away. This company has a disorganized management team that works you long hours with low pay. They treat you like garbage as a female employees and they seem to only favor the bad employees that have no ethnics, clocking in when they want and barely getting any work done which allows other workers to take up their slack. There is no advancement as well unless your a favorite of the management team, since the management's lack of appreciation for hardwork and long work schedules causes many employees to leave especially if you want to actually spent some time with your family.
Overall a good place to gain experience.
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INMarch 18, 2016
Critical thinking, problem solving, and effective team communications are needed to work here. Some turn over with management and engineering personnel.
Very easy and fun work environment!!!
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 7, 2016
I really liked working at this place. Everything would have been a life time career setting until they let me work there for 3 months then did a background check and fired me for an active warrant over unpaid fines for a misdemeanor DWI charge.
Overall Work Experience
Senior Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJune 24, 2015
In all of my years in Finance I have had life lessons which helped me to continue to grow personally and professionally. I really enjoy working in Finance and welcome each challenge that comes with each position.
Pros
Company functions and Time Off
Cons
Some long work hours and stress level
A day in the life at Nice-Pak
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Plainfield,INFebruary 1, 2015
If you want a stable reliable good work environment dont bother applying. The management doesnt know what they are doing and change things way too oftern. they cant keep good staff and they cant keep good managers. They run all the good employees off because they allow the bad employees to run the place. No good leadership at all. I saw people sleep on the job, leave during the night and come back hours later and clock out and not even work. There is theft. They are so afraid of a law suit they allow the workers that suck the life out of the good employees to stay there and not be in trouble due to their color. There is an epidemic of fmla being taken advantage there as well. After 1 year everyone goes to the doctor and gets an fmla excuse and abuse it. It forces the good employees to work over and over while the others sit at home not work and still get benefits.....This is not a well run company - dont waste your time
Pros
Cons
12+ hour work days, no leadership, no good training, bad employees are allowed to dictate the rules. Whoever screams the loudest
stable, reliable, well organized working place
QC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYSeptember 27, 2014
great place to work, location is ideal for me as it is not so far from city but yet far enough to avoid all the hustle and bustle of city life. a typical day for e in nice pak is pretty busy and hectic as i am working in quality control lab. management is well structured and communication is excellent. most enjoyable part of the day is Lunch with co-worker i guess.
Ok to use as starting job; but do not stay
Graphics (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJuly 27, 2014
I started at this company right out of college to pay for student loans. It is very difficult to move up in this company, let alone get compensated for hard work, long hours, and organization. The company remains busy, however, most project consist of correcting mistakes made both in the not so recent and recent past. There are a lot of higher ups, and not enough worker bees. Communication is very minimal, making project completion tough. The only bright side is the coworkers. They are great people, who are in a similar situations - working longer and harder, and not seeming to make any progress.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, little to no communication, not easy to move up, very disorganized
n/a
Value Stream Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INMay 15, 2014
This company has a lot of good hard working people. But with the new leaders they may lose a lot of good people in that process
Quiet and productive environment.
Grime Boss, Nice'n Clean, & Pudgies (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJanuary 28, 2014
The review is the same as commercialization specialist, the company is the same.
good coworkers and lots to learn
QC Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Learned many different methods of testing and good team environment.
Pros
free workout lessons
Cons
salary
Warehouse Lead
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, IndianaApril 11, 2013
I was responsible for running a night shift crew. For outbound shipping of finished goods, and inbound of raw material for production.
Pros
fast pace, work friendly, great crew and team work.
Cons
always short staff, and couldn't keep good help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nice Pak Products. Our community is ready to answer.