Nicholas and Company Employee Reviews

Break your back kind of work
Driver (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2019
Poor management unpredictable schedule no work life balance. Communication with drivers is horrible. Warehouse doesn’t care how they load trucks. Misflats are too common with this company
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Scheduling routing the way trucks are loaded
Bad
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2019
The wrost communication ever no life or rest you are just a number bad on safety and they give you 1100 cases every day and break you pay is unfair bad
Pros
None no life
Cons
Everything is bad
Horrible job
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 9, 2019
Do not work for this company. Horrible management and favoritism plays a big roll. Pay is not worth it. They give out the bulk loads to those they favor. No matter how accurate your picks are.
Pros
Lunch room
Cons
Very stressful work environment. Very negative work armosphere
Lead Driver / Router (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2019
Start shift around 2: 00 pm had to do routing, move trailers in and out of docks, supervise night drivers both delivery and shuttle drivers.Worked 6 days a week without consecutive days off and lack of support from management team.
Pros
benefits time off
Cons
pay, managment
Company isnt installing new software, makes things very difficult for sales and purchasing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 22, 2018
Learned a great deal about selling non foods, particularly paper and plastics. The company, Nicholas purchased the former C&M but in name only. IT department very difficult to work with when you have a problem.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Poor software
Good Pay and Benefits
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 29, 2018
Good pay and benefits, the vibe you get from the employees that work here is very bad. They think the world revolves around them. Safety is a big risk at this workplace. Days without any injuries have not passed 38 days marker. There's always a problem here. The veteran workers here are the reason for the safety issues they do not press the horn to alert other workers that theyre coming through the aisles, they zoom right past you no hesitation. They will yell at you especially on your first day. IF YOU CANT HANDLE THIS HEAT, THIS JOB IS NOT FOR YOU. They treat you like scum.
Pros
Good Pay, Free Food
Cons
Everyone here has a bad attitude/vibe
Typical time here
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 25, 2018
Honestly this isn't a bad place to work, but you have to work hard and very fast paced in order to get the 20-25 dollar pay they advertise. It's 15 an hour for training to start. You ride a pallet jack through 22 ish lanes with about 40 other people. So, some of the lanes get super congested which can hurt your numbers or UPH. (packages picked per hour) without mispicks. Hours were super long. Latest we got out was 7:30am, and we would only get out early on Fridays since they were slow days.
Another thing that made me mad was I was told that we got our benefits after the first 30 days of employment, but they meant the first whole month that you worked from day 1 to 30 or 31 depending on how many days were in the month.
Training manager is pretty cool, but training is so short that your lost in the sauce for about a week or 2. On top of that they make you do a refresher of the so called "training" you had and ends up being more than what you were originally trained on. (not paid training on the computer btw). If you literally want no life, no sick days, no pto, no holidays off then come work here. You will get a write up if your sick, late, have issues with your kids, or anything that impedes you from coming in to your shift whether you have control of it or not.
Overall if you have heart come work here if not don't even bother. Work isn't hard just long hours and to crowded to make money.
Pros
breakroom, gift card incentives
Cons
pay, time off, sick time, pto, benefits, training, managers, no life
experience
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 7, 2018
pick orders right ,no mistake ,safe ,be on the time,no mistake ,incentive ,team work ,check location before you get products ,ask questions,,most I like rolls Nicolas company
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Productive, Fast paced job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2018
Warehouse picking orders, operating pallet jack, stacking boxes onto a pallet, heavy lifting, late night shifts. Work starts at 3pm and we do not leave until all the orders have been picked.
Low Pay for a Lot of Work
Prefer Not to Answer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2018
I've worked in the office as well as the warehouse. I've been employed at this company for 3 years. The mentality seems to be the same in multiple departments where they will continually work you and/or give you more responsibilities without a pay raise. They do not participate in yearly raises, only cost of living raises. It seems the only way to up your pay is to apply for another department that pays more or you give your supervisor an ultimatum that you're leaving the company. I will say that they have a strong concentration for health for all employees and they continually educate and challenge us to have a healthier lifestyle. The owners of the company come in often, know everyone's names and are extremely friendly people.
Pros
Massages on site with payroll deduction, Food trucks or vendors occassionally on site with payroll deduction, tuition reimbursement, Free appointments from a financial planner, Friendly owners that seem to care, Accrue 2.13 hours sick time every paycheck, Extended sick time benefit after 4-5 years of employement, 1.54- 6.15 hours of PTO per paycheck based on working 0-5+ years, Yearly cost of living raise
Cons
Overworking employees for little pay, No yearly raises, Only way to get a raise is to move departments, Managers don't seem to be genuinely concerned about issues
Poor work enviornment
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2018
I was hired to a certain position. After a sales representative quit, they wanted me to cover his territory in WY, until a replacement was found. I covered WY for three months and then was asked to move there. I chose to find employment elsewhere.
Fun place to work for family comes first
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 10, 2018
Loved working there was sad when I had to leave I was moving out of state so I had to quit I'd love to work there again the best place to work for hands down
full line food distributor
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTMarch 22, 2018
full line independent food distributor that tries hard to take care of its customers and its employees. It is continuing to expand into new markets. Family oriented
Pros
stable work with good benefits
Bad management
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 20, 2017
The management is terrible. They don't care what u have to say or believe you. I worked there long time lost my job for something I didn't do. I would not recommend
Pros
Nome
Benefits
Fun atmosphere
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 31, 2017
Fun atmosphere but not too much room for growth. I wasn’t too excited about the new Site Manager of Capstone at the Nicholas Location. He was trying to Micro manage his team way too much. However, it was a good team to work with.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Can be slow at times
could not make any more money then i was making
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 25, 2017
some of the managers would work with you and others would treat you like you were just a number and they would not respond to your questions they would pretend that you did not exist
Pros
working nights
Cons
no family time
Nicholas and Co. Inc. review
Account Executive - Bid Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 4, 2017
My time at Nicholas and company was a wonderful experience. I devoted the first years there to the IT department which was growing at a fever pace. While an AE with the Sales department, I worked very hard with occasional weekends. The compensation was above average but not great. Mid level managers needed to be trained in HR issues, while upper management kept the company excited and engaged.
Pros
Work Life balance, Culture, Upper management
Cons
Mid level management, internal review structure, compensation
You have been Warned
Other (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 23, 2017
If you want to make good money, growth, development or advancement this is NOT the company for you. If you want to break yourself for minimum wage, play politics, long hours, good ol buddy system, don't care about development or advancement, be with a corrupt management then this is for you.
Benefits
Cons
Everything except benefits
cutthroat job, poor operational management
Operations (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 15, 2017
if it was just the job itself it would be fine- typical warehouse work
it's always the BS politics and shady management that ruin it
the pay was fine, benefits were good, and the people you worked with were mostly great.
upper management doesn't have a clue on operations and continually favor people who say what they want to hear or that they like. There's always A LOT of talk/meetings etc of ways to improve and things to do but you never see the action or substance and push in these initiatives from the higher ups. They expect everyone to make them look good instead of going out and making an impact and a difference for their operations teams.
poor work/life balance unless you've been employed over 6 years
Pros
co workers, pay, benefits, programs like PROS
Cons
management, job security, cutthroat environment
Its oky
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 5, 2017
You can make good money the company is a very great place to work for and people are very friendly.
They do a lot of things for their employee and they have a lot good food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nicholas and Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8