NICHOLS CONTRACTING Employee Reviews

2.3Job Security & Advancement
Run do not waste your time
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDJune 20, 2019
This company is sexiest and racists, they hire minorities to trick there way into mbe benifits.
Terrible lack of respect to humans. Low pay, terrible
Pros
Cons
sexiest, racist, scammers, no future, terrible technology
Do not believe the positive reviews!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy Spring, MDMay 4, 2019
This is a horrible place to work. Depressing environment where everyone walks around like zombies. Owners love to intimidate staff, and show no respect!
Pros
None at all unless you are already on antidepressants
Cons
Everything, management, long hours, co-workers, low pay, sub par benefits and PTO
its a job
Associate/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 3, 2018
you work at least a 12-hour shift the pay is ok. It's just a labor job. property restoration, sheetrock work cleaning. Use of power tools and hand tools.
Out of touch
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  508 Olney Sandy Spring Rd. Sandy Spring MDFebruary 28, 2018
Many people have already left this company due to poor management.

Management would, without knowledge of what your day to day operations are and without telling you what they want from you, bash you for not doing what they thought you should be doing. With no prior knowledge of their desired results it is almost as if you are trying to hit a moving target, blindfolded with a bent arrow.

Having no clue as to what they wanted themselves trying to figure out what way to present your work while still performing the tasks required of you is a monumental challenge indeed. Even when you do find a way that works for them the next day it might not be what they want currently.
Pros
Occasional facetime with the highly experienced owner who you can learn much from, provided he takes the time to do so.
Cons
Long Hours with no overtime, Poor Management
Productive and fun
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 10, 2018
It was a breeze. Alot of good people to work with. He was a great manager. Equipment was always up to the standards. Never had to worry about being cheated
Pros
Free stay
Cons
Not many breaks
Fun place to work
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 4, 2017
Every job was different which I liked because like me I like different challenges and places. People have always been a big thing with me, seeing people smile and see you helping them made me feel good. The work at times was strenuous but manageable, I do miss the work.
Pros
A challenge
Cons
Working distance from home
Great line of work
Sub-contractor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 25, 2017
Typical days at work was working 12 hours or longer everyday out of town no days off. I learned more then I thought I could, and turns out I absolutely love doing it.
okay pay, but inconsitsent work
Sub Contractor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 13, 2015
Manual Labor with a group of other workers, if your a good worker with multiple skills you can work more often. They will work you heavy the first day but are really just trying to cut out the lazy and you'll be looking for something to do on the last few days.
Fun work place great workers
Restoration carpenter (Former Employee) –  Mobile AlabamaMarch 15, 2012
In my oppinion Nichols contracting is a good working enviroment hard working coworkers. The flaws are limited personal time and the subcontracting tax situation.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
non w2 tax job