Nicklaus Children's Health System
73Above average

Nicklaus Children's Health System Employee Reviews

United States230 reviews
Extraordinary Place to be a part of
This is by far the best hospital I worked for! Competitive salary, great benefits, supportive management, and a tiered compensation system. They are understanding of individual circumstance, supportive, and friendly!
Productive and very team friendly
It's an excellent work environment. I love the people that I work with, always willing to help and very approachable. Our doctors are amazing, they love to teach.
Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
Overall the company is great. When I first started working here I loved and enjoyed my job very much. Towards the end of my position, things were very different and changed very much. From the moment I returned from my maternity leave after going through one of the most emotional times in my life. Even more once I provided my 2 weeks notice. Things were handled very unprofessionally especially during the outbreak of COVID-19.
Environmental service was toxic
I was unhappy working there I tried my best to do what I came to do I never really got told the good job that I was doing always got told if it was something negative and majority of the negative was from the employees that the supervisors was friends with
Pros
Some good workers
Cons
Management terrible
great experience overall
Amazing workplace. Learned a lot and it became my second home. I was moved up from reception to clinic coordinating in a year. I would recommend this place of employment to anyone.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Great manager and direct reports
As a contract position, I've managed to learn a great deal with regards to mobile development, I did enjoy the work immensely and probably would still be there if not for budget cuts.
Amazing Workplace
I absolutely love the work culture here. I have plenty of employment history to compare it to and I must say, Nicklaus Children’s Hospital has been the best! I’ve found that when honest and straightforward, management is excellent at assisting the staff to accomplish whatever goal. In my unit, I really respect and honor the teamwork that is provided on a daily basis. I would definitely recommend working for this company if you share the passion to help and care for children just as we all do.
Overworked
Overworked . They kept adding more managers or directors and each manager didn’t care about your workload
Did jobs if two people and you didn’t have a voice

Bad management
Hospital is Great Business side not so much
Management is questionable. They Make alot of promises that they dont keep. The Company culture is erratic and sense of entitlement. Hospital staff is great and Dr are top notch but the business side is not good.
The culture is terrible..
The culture is absolutely TERRIBLE!!! If you are not Latin. Family and friends get the jobs there oppose to qualified people. The company is actually working in a RED operational budget with 3 major recent layoffs.
Benefits
Cons
Management and Culture
Challenging but satisfying
Never a dull moment working with gifted clinicians and wonderful support staff on a mission that care for theIr patients. The daily challenges included balancing finance with patient care and employee satisfaction with realistic goals The best job ever
Team atmosphere, competitive salaries, new management, caring environment for patients and employees, challenging work however entire management team changed recently.
There is absolutely nothing more rewarding than going to work knowing you will make an impact on the lives of the children.
The recommendation I would provide to anyone considering working for this organization is: only apply for a position, no matter what the actual role may be, if you really want to make a difference. Although we all have to earn money to survive and/or have skills that could benefit one way or another, the most important thing is to make sure your heart is in it.
N/a
NCH is a great place to work if you have a passion for helping children and families. Everyone working there shares the same passion and care about helping children to best of their abilities.
Environmental Worker
Provides excellent customer service to all patients,
visitors, and internal customers.

Cleans emergency spills and debris immediately.

Ensures equipment is in good working order.

Maintains assigned work area and equipment.

Removes and properly disposes of trash and soiled linen.

Replenishes supplies and linen.

Reports safety hazards and defects.
Great place to work for
The Miami Children's Hospital team IS one of the best I have ever worked for. They are always there for you no matter what the situation may be. I was only a part-time employee right out of college, but was treated like a full-time employee. The only reason I am still not working there is that I was offered a full time position closer to home at a higher salary.
Some instability, lack of organization
This is actually an employer that promotes from within to a fault. Even for Director level positions, where there should be a formal search, they seem to promote individuals that are a poor fit and lacking in experience.

At the same time, I have seen more of the most talented, professional individuals leave over the last year. I've heard others refer to the "brain drain" of the organization as well.
Not worth the stress
I used to love and felt proud of my job at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital. I was part of a great team that was broken apart in April. The hospital has turned into a joke. New director is disrespectful and lacks the knowledge to perform the task he has been given. They laid off knowledgeable hard working employees and left individuals who had no idea what was going on. Hospital has become a very stressful environment for the employees who remain.
It was good
It was a good job overall didn’t have no problem the people and the kids was very friendly I loved helping the hospitalized kids because they felt at home and I wanted them to know they was in safe hands
Leadership is so poor the place is falling apart
It seems that the leadership is non existent. The one leader that listened and got their hands dirty when needed is now leaving the company. The department I work in is falling apart.
Pros
Work with kids
Cons
Leadership doesn’t listen to employees concerns
Stay away
Worse place to work! The place is run by a bunch of bullies with a daily agenda of making people around them look bad. Sad because the mission statement of the hospital is genuine. Stay away!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nicklaus Children's Health System. Our community is ready to answer.