Nidec Motor Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Was a great place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 17, 2018
It was a great place to until new management took over an put the wrong people in place turn it into a friendship business, stop giving raise, make you use your vacation time
Pros
Peoples was more like family then coworkers
Cons
Managers put who they want in place not the people who work the hardest
Solid company focused on growth and acquisitions
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2018
I have been working at Nidec for 8 years and I have an overall good experience. The company is focused on growth and acquisitions and it's healthy and strong.
Extremely challenging but highly rewarding
Vice President of Global Procurement (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2018
From giant generators bigger than a house to tiny micro-motors vibrating inside your smart phone and everything in between, this company truly makes everything that moves or spins. The most entrepreneurial company of this size I've ever seen has a real "go-for-it" culture.

If you are in management you can expect to work 90+ hours/week and travel up to 80% of the time. They have operations all over the world so don't be surprised to be invited to meetings at 2am wherever you are. The pay is competitive and they reward success.
Pros
Interesting work and huge opportunities to learn & grow
Cons
Work/Life balance is virtually non-existent
Fun place
Essex, Picker, Tester (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARApril 26, 2018
I worked A Prime, the days weren't the best and the hours were long, but i loved my job and the people i worked with. Wasn't anything hard about the job, just had to work and love it. i enjoyed the people i worked with and the job itself.
Technology driven company. Co-workers are wonderful.
Employee (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2018
Like most large businesses its all about the numbers. If the numbers don't meet expectations then people are cut. There is no loyalty from the business to the employees. The company makes great products. Well designed, well manufactured. Nidec has terrific manufacturing plants. Great focus on producing defect-free products. Everyone you meet is knowledgeable and helpful. Wonderful people to work with.
no comment
Associate Accountant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2018
I have nothing to share. no comment about this company. I do not wish to add anything else about this company.

I have worked here for almost 16 years.
Poorly Managed
Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2018
$50M+ company when purchased by Nidec. Eight years later, closed the doors. Very disappointed about long range planning.

Although there were guidelines for day-to-day operations, they were seldom adhered to. The automotive industry is fast paced, and as a tire 1 supplier to large automotive OEMs, under Nidec, we failed to keep up. We could have been so much bigger and profitable under better leadership.
Pros
401K, Health Insurance, Vacation Policy
Cons
Leadership, Short-sided
If you like jokes, look no further
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INFebruary 25, 2018
Supervision in toolroom needs work, lack of following where jobs are at daily and remembering what tool maker has what job. And more times than not supervisor and group leader have no understanding of tool and die field consists of. Probably one of the reasons why they have lost many toolmakers and machinists. Can't ask fellow workers questions and prints or jobs or you get watched like a hawk.
Benefits
Cons
To much to name
N/a
Team Lead, Picker/Packer, Inventory Trainer (Former Employee) –  Southeaven MissFebruary 7, 2018
my day was picking than training new hires.Learned come work do your job stay out way. Stressful changes everyday. hardest part is keeping good forklift to do your job.The most fun part Training checkers and not had to do a hole lot break from picking and checking.
Cons
Bad place to work treat employees horrible
Lamination tech (Current Employee) –  Mena, ARJanuary 18, 2018
This place is a joke to work at management wants you to work 7 days a week and don't care if you have a life outside this plant. Some workers work and some stand around doing nothing and they don't care. Treat you like ur in a daycare.
Pros
Best pay in town
Cons
Management and hr is horrible. Work 7 days a week
Sorting shafts
Part sorter (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARJanuary 5, 2018
I was working at Nidac through a temp service called people source I was supposed to go full time after 500 hrs but guess what they played me off in stead but I really did like working there even though I was not going to get rich....
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks
work a lot ok pay
Lamination Technician (Former Employee) –  Mena, AROctober 30, 2017
You will work Monday threw Friday. Mandatory overtime on sat & optional Sunday. There is always plenty of overtime available.

Management will NOT stand up for you over someone that has 15 to 20 years in and you are a person that has less. If you have not done nothing wrong and someone wants you gone management will find a way to get rid of you.

Pay scale is not fair for most job's in the factory. Pay does not support the economy.

Insurance was good but in the last years it has changed for the worse ( cheaper for the company).

Some people are great to work with others don't work at all, typical factory.

Best part of the week is getting your pay check.
Pros
only good place to work in this town
Cons
horrible hr & management
Fun work environment
Internship (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2017
Very relaxed work environment with good co-workers. Work pace was dependent on project importance. Managers and supervisors willing to work with schedule and teach new skills.

This was a great job to introduce me to the corporate world and the practices used by engineers as I worked next to them everyday.
Very pleasant company to work for.
Logistics Manager (FTL) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2017
Nidec is a very forward thinking company and looking to grow its North American market. Nidec is committed to its customers and is very aggressive tp enhance their buisness.
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2017
A relaxed work environment on a scenic campus / grounds, has a good cafeteria and exercise paths that can be utilized on break.
Management are patient and helpful, work is usually non-stressful and sometimes interesting.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Work is sometimes boring, repeatative.
Decent place to work, potential for advancement and plenty of overtime.
Rotor Technician (Former Employee) –  Mena, ARJuly 29, 2017
Not a bad place to work overall. Benefits, including retirement, health insurance, paid holidays, ability to continue education. Opportunity for advancement. Management personable.
Pros
Benefits, pay not bad, management
Cons
Fast paced, very demanding
I worked with a good Crew, Could Joke but work comes first.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 28, 2017
Would Begin by updating schedules and posting work requirements. Could be involved with Helping in Quality to Meeting with planning crew tom verify daily requirements. People were well adjusted and new what was expected so very few personal issues.

Every day with this crew gave something new and they were never dull.
Marketing Intern
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2017
Learning how to develop and maintain relationships with customers was very special. Having relationships with customers is critical in business. I feel confident that what I learned during the internship will help me succeed in the future.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great Job enviroment Great Coworkers
New Product introduction Materials Supervisor (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 24, 2017
great company and over all great people, had the opportunity to be part of the team that launch one of the Top 3 customer products and work with a interdisciplinary team.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
no cons
Not alot of innovation
Engineering Coop (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJune 8, 2017
Nidec is a great place. There just isn't a lot of innovation here. I dont see the company advancing. I dont see them rolling out new products or processes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nidec Motor Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight