Nidec Motor Corporation Employee Reviews

If you like dysfunction, this is the place for you.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 6, 2019
Take my advice. Never go to work there. It has a major workforce of Serbians, the plant manager is Serbian, and you can figure out where this is going. They forced out a number of people, myself included, so the majority of people left are Serbian. None, by the way, were ever forced out or fired. It's a union shop, and the union(aerospace something or other), does NOTHING for you. They have fired people, then brought them back a couple years later when they kept firing other people. The quality of product is HORRENDOUS. Trust me when I tell you, avoid Nidec like the plague.
Very physical place to work.
AC/DC Inserter (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 28, 2019
Very physically demanding place to work. Enjoy working with my co-workers. Each is willing to help ther other person. Understanding time restraints and doing the best one can do to get the job done is a primary belief.
Pros
Vision, Dental and Medical benefits, Retirement.
Cons
Working with very old equipment and waiting for repairs.
productive workplace
Administrative assistance (Former Employee) –  sothaven, MississippiMarch 27, 2019
laidback over night job
needs better management
has a very high turn over rate
okay team within the employees
it takes years to become full time from a temp
Pros
easy job
Cons
management
Great working enviroment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 20, 2019
I love my position at Nidec. I have gained confidence in my career steps as I have steadily improved with collections. I enjoy how quiet the office is and look forward to going to work most every day.
nice place to work.
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2019
It is a great company for working, the supervisor line is good. The balance of work is acceptable. The company is a little bit rigid, and slow for making decisions.
Okay to work
Co-op Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mena, ARDecember 18, 2018
It's an alright place to work in Mena, AR. Not much else to choose from. Management is questionable, pay is not that great, people you work with are awesome.
No room for advancement
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Mena, ARDecember 5, 2018
Not much advancement unless family or relatives. Nepotism is very high here. Many employees have spent their lives working in this plant or have family who have.
Cons
No advancement
Not sure
Assemble electric motor (Former Employee) –  Mena, ARNovember 2, 2018
A fair place to work. Needs some work with leadership skills with the team leaders. Pay is reasonable. Uppee management is a real good. Hr works and treats you fairly.
Did not pay enough for duties required. Poor work environment.
Accounts Payable Clerk, Payroll (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INOctober 25, 2018
Did not pay enough for duties required. Poor work environment. Administration was unprofessoinal in how things were handled and how they spoke. Alot of cuss words and yelling between administrators and there employees who they managed.
No Comment
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  MNOctober 14, 2018
Fast pace global market, stressful environment with little to no advancement unless you take on the job without a title and push upper management, bad manager
Decent place to work overall.
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Mena, ARAugust 17, 2018
Theres usually lots of overtime available for every department.
The only downside, for me personally, is mandatory overtime on Saturday. It hard to have a work-life balance with a six day work week.
Was a great place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 17, 2018
It was a great place to until new management took over an put the wrong people in place turn it into a friendship business, stop giving raise, make you use your vacation time
Pros
Peoples was more like family then coworkers
Cons
Managers put who they want in place not the people who work the hardest
Solid company focused on growth and acquisitions
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2018
I have been working at Nidec for 8 years and I have an overall good experience. The company is focused on growth and acquisitions and it's healthy and strong.
Extremely challenging but highly rewarding
Vice President of Global Procurement (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2018
From giant generators bigger than a house to tiny micro-motors vibrating inside your smart phone and everything in between, this company truly makes everything that moves or spins. The most entrepreneurial company of this size I've ever seen has a real "go-for-it" culture.

If you are in management you can expect to work 90+ hours/week and travel up to 80% of the time. They have operations all over the world so don't be surprised to be invited to meetings at 2am wherever you are. The pay is competitive and they reward success.
Pros
Interesting work and huge opportunities to learn & grow
Cons
Work/Life balance is virtually non-existent
Fun place
Essex, Picker, Tester (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARApril 26, 2018
I worked A Prime, the days weren't the best and the hours were long, but i loved my job and the people i worked with. Wasn't anything hard about the job, just had to work and love it. i enjoyed the people i worked with and the job itself.
Technology driven company. Co-workers are wonderful.
Employee (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2018
Like most large businesses its all about the numbers. If the numbers don't meet expectations then people are cut. There is no loyalty from the business to the employees. The company makes great products. Well designed, well manufactured. Nidec has terrific manufacturing plants. Great focus on producing defect-free products. Everyone you meet is knowledgeable and helpful. Wonderful people to work with.
no comment
Associate Accountant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2018
I have nothing to share. no comment about this company. I do not wish to add anything else about this company.

I have worked here for almost 16 years.
Poorly Managed
Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2018
$50M+ company when purchased by Nidec. Eight years later, closed the doors. Very disappointed about long range planning.

Although there were guidelines for day-to-day operations, they were seldom adhered to. The automotive industry is fast paced, and as a tire 1 supplier to large automotive OEMs, under Nidec, we failed to keep up. We could have been so much bigger and profitable under better leadership.
Pros
401K, Health Insurance, Vacation Policy
Cons
Leadership, Short-sided
If you like jokes, look no further
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INFebruary 25, 2018
Supervision in toolroom needs work, lack of following where jobs are at daily and remembering what tool maker has what job. And more times than not supervisor and group leader have no understanding of tool and die field consists of. Probably one of the reasons why they have lost many toolmakers and machinists. Can't ask fellow workers questions and prints or jobs or you get watched like a hawk.
Benefits
Cons
To much to name
N/a
Team Lead, Picker/Packer, Inventory Trainer (Former Employee) –  Southeaven MissFebruary 7, 2018
my day was picking than training new hires.Learned come work do your job stay out way. Stressful changes everyday. hardest part is keeping good forklift to do your job.The most fun part Training checkers and not had to do a hole lot break from picking and checking.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nidec Motor Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight