Nielsen Employee Reviews

Found 1,157 reviews matching the search See all 2,098 reviews
Life changing job, outisde sales
Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 9, 2018
I been working for this company for over 4 years now and I don't have one complaint.
Management support growth, personally I have moved to different roles in the past years thanks of the opportunities and guidance that my direct manager has given me.
In regards of the job, you are given a company car, laptop and cell phone. Also lots of flexibility that makes your personal life a lot more enjoyable.
Base salary is average, but the incentives are great if you do what you suppose and work hard, like any other sales job.
Pros
Flexibility, growth, management
The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing
Global Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2018
Nielsen *loves* meetings. I could easily spend 8 to 15 hours a week in meetings alone, and those meetings would have nothing to do with my job, and I'd leave not understanding anything further about the company or what was going on. Buzzwords and jargon galore, there.

While I was there, there were no merit increases, or even inflation-based pay increases. This was something the company used to do (according to coworkers of mine who'd been there longer than myself), but they stopped without any notification or explanation the year I started working there. Even a promotion to a different position doesn't merit a pay increase.

It wasn't all bad: my coworkers were nice, and when I was ill through an entire winter I was able to work from home through that. Some positions come with weekly work-from-home days. I was also encouraged to experiment and try new things.
Pros
Pay is decent, freedom to try new things on the job to see if it works, some positions have work-from-home days
Cons
Pay never increases, general sense of company confusion, an excessive love of meetings
review at Nielsen
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 4, 2018
The job is interesting and challenge to your abilities', needs to learn and refresh knowledge often to get a good customer service, the company provide a good equipment.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
managment
Great company
Panel Relations specialty (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLDecember 3, 2018
Nielsen is a great company to work. I learned a lot and also I had opportunity to meet people from another country's
This company gives you great incentives for your great work
I enjoyed working with them
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
Short break
Frequent training to improve skills.
Panel Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLDecember 3, 2018
Great company to work for. I learned a lot in a very fast paced department among a great team of people.I was given many tools to work with in order to satisfy the needs of the company. My managers were wonderful to work for because they truly care for the well being of their staff.
Pros
bonus incentives
Cons
to stressful
Positive Environment and flexible place to work and productive workplace
Senior Accountant (Controllership Team) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2018
Busy, adhoc requests, last minute requirements, fire drills, busy and productive day, team meetings, flexible culture, challenges; forecasting, analysis.
productive fun, fast paced place with pro's and con's
media events analyst (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLNovember 28, 2018
It was a great place in my dpt. It was like family. Very friendly and positive. Until we got a new manager that didn't want to learn anything about our work, processes or client's needs etc. It effected how they wanted us to treat clients and our product quality. It may have changed now, but at the time they were demanding and wanted constant availability even when you had scheduled time off. That manager even insisted people come in (when the building was closed) the day after hurricane Irma. Our previous managers had been respectful of people, team dynamics and had put forth an effort to learn; even assisting (when needed) during the busy season or approaching deadlines. The current manager didn't help out at all. Instead, they insisted team leaders send hounding emails to everyone.
A typical day consisted of interesting work and great client communication. However, due to the recent micro managing and overly heavily placed importance on metrics, you could constantly be panicked, checking your daily metrics.
I definitely learned patience on this job! And a callous in my mind toward panic. When you're in a constant state of panic, any compelling force you would normally feel, lessens over time.
The worst part of the job, new management aside, was the salary freeze experienced for a number of years across the company. I misplaced loyalty and learning with the company above salary, confident it would be rewarded later when circumstances changed for them. It barely moved in twelve years, despite assurances my work was not at fault.
However, the work itself was enjoyable.
  more... Fun and always something new to learn! And the clients were some of the nicest people. I only had one get mad at me (understandably, as they had just experienced a natural disaster and were extremely stressed).
All in all, I would have stayed if I could. I really loved the place and my clients. Horrible mangers come and go pretty quickly there as they try to climb the ladder...
Pros
fabulous teams, good benefits for FT
Cons
Micro managing, low salary, high-stress
Very good experience
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLNovember 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Nielsen. Tremendous employees and Team Leaders. The job became very mundane. You cannot go off script with one word. I was trained for 3 custom studies, all bring in a large revenue to the company. It was time for me to do something else.
New Technologies
Lead Big Data Architect (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYNovember 20, 2018
I am lucky to work on the latest technologies @ Nielsen. There are so many technology-related initiatives - a good place for people who wants to learn new things.

It takes time here to finally deliver the product to the end customers - a big concern for any business to sustain.
To much favoritism
Membership Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 19, 2018
Lack of management, only certain people make money “the managers pets” If you dare to say anything you have management on your bad side. Therefore you will receive the low end of the specs. (Work). In other words, is not how good you are and the experience you have . If he likes you and wants to help you make money. This what the company likes and wants .. they do not pursued this management style since they give management to much power to do as they want.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Much to list
na
Nano Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2018
This position does not allow one to establish a healthy work and personal life balance.
The project I was hired for was released prematurely causing a stressful work environment.
high turnover, great benefits
Membership Representative TV Ratings (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 12, 2018
depending on manager you'll have weekly meetings on the computer at the beginning of the week.
Usually you schedule your day and week route depending on workload.
you are provided with company vehicle, iphone, computer and printer to run your home office. Visit selected homes to convince them to participate as a panel home to tv ratings. sometimes you have to walk the neighborhood to find a suitable candidate if the selected home declines participation. It will be great when you face nice homes that happily agree or very rude people who may call security or the cops on you for entering the premises or accuse you of soliciting.
Pros
company car, cell, match 401k, health benefits, freedom in schedule, travel
Cons
entitled people in gated communities.
Very productive job
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2018
Was a fun experience. My first call center job and I really loved it. Learned a lot of new things, great environment to work in. I do not regret working here!
Productive and fast-paced
INTERVIEWER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 7, 2018
Nielsen San Antonio is good space to work in, but sitting is one of the cons I hate. Must have people skills and good communication. Feedback is always provided when needed.
Productive and good company to work with
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2018
I gained good Financial background and strengthened my accounting skills at Nielsen. I enjoy working in the FP&A team and support Budgeting and Forecasting for the US Retail Finance Teams.
Great Place to work
SR. DATA ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2018
Great Place to work and grow your career and skill set. The Chicago office has a lot of great talent.

For me its a place where the best tech tool wins the day. I get to explore various Open Source projects that fix a wide variety of issues.

It's a Developers paradise!
Pros
Happy hour every Thursday
Cons
For a contractor it's feast or famine.
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Vice President Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 24, 2018
Fast paced, exciting work environment, ability to advance your career with hard work, client focus and commitment to excellence. Great roster of clients in CPG industry.
Fun workplace
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLOctober 22, 2018
Provides lot of learning opportunities for growth. Keeps up with industry standard technology and the organization is in alignment with overall IT trends of the industry. Great fun place to work if you are a self-starter!
Skill Enhancement
Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLOctober 22, 2018
Nielsen offers numerous training courses to enhance the skills and knowledge of their employees. Respect and appreciation for their customers and employees are a priority. A relaxed yet professional working environment is what I always experienced.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 20, 2018
Senior management team recognizes young talent and is receptive of the change that the team brings in with diversity and culture. OVerall one of the best places to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nielsen. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Nielsen.

Powered by Comparably