Nielsen Employee Reviews

Found 1,110 reviews matching the search See all 2,025 reviews
Culture changes, job security no longer there. Gradually diminishing trust and confidence
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2018
The perfect example of a very good company going south.
Management strategic decisions are changing too often to adapt to.
People including management are let go or leave do get to be backfield which pushing those who stay to work more to cover. Life-work balance is lost so is trust and confidence.
Everyday is a new day to meet new people
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 12, 2018
My typical day is waking up to look for new homes that need a visit based on Market Needs.
I have learned to Build rapport with families I visit from the first visit. I always try to make a good Impression because I may not see the family for 6 months until the next appointment.
Hardest part of the Job is teaching others to understand what needs to be done without stepping on anyone's feelings.
The most enjoyable part of the job is not having to worry about my company vehicle because the company takes care of all the maintenance, gas and Insurance.
Pros
working for Nielsen is a Pro in itself.
Cons
You have no set hours but you can ask for time off if needed.
Good
Diary Editor (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLOctober 11, 2018
Easy job, good paid training, low paying. Close to home. The best part of the management was that they were tolerant whenever I was dealing with health issues.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Low pay
Once a successful business, now under pressure to compete.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 9, 2018
Nielsen needs to focus on key business targets and simplify its product base. There are many good people that work there and the opportunities to be in exciting lines of business exist. Soft skills are not currently valued, and only the hard core may survive while they make an attempt to gain traction against more flexible competitors.
A great place to grow!
Panel Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLOctober 5, 2018
Every day that I come into work, I know what my duties are. Our mission is to provide the highest level of data to our clients on a global scale. Nielsen is a great place to work because it is a worldwide organization with endless possibilities and opportunities to grow.
Pros
Great benefits, abundant paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
Cons
Lack of schedule flexibly within my current role.
Interesting with plenty of work and fun, challenging times.
Stephen Alvarado, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  So. Piedras, San Antonio, TX 78231October 3, 2018
Although I enjoy my working experience at Nielsen, it sometimes gets a little monotonous. It is fun as they have games and incentives to earn extra money and I love the people I work around. But, then there is the stress put on employees in that we are monitored periodically and graded on performance. In this grading system, interviewers are really picked apart which does make for a challenging job and can add stess. I, personally, don't have a problem with this as I've had this sort of monitoring at another job. At times, it just seems a bit too much and at the samd time, it is a fairly simple job with ongoing training.
Pros
Games, contests, extra money bonuses, free food, drinks, frequent raises, employee recognition
Cons
Rude customers that we have to listen to, too much monitoring on calls, unpaid sick leave
Primarily a work from home position for field employees.
Senior Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLOctober 2, 2018
Company provided car, phone and laptop. Some positions are self scheduled and some are scheduled by the office, benefits include health and paid time off.
Very Unprofessional upper management
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLOctober 2, 2018
Worked at nielsen for about 4 years. Was a top performer and a mentor basically since i started working there. Upper management was very unprofessional and at times seemed basis. I did enjoy the schedule and people were friendly and easy to work with. After being a top performer for 4 years they decided to lay me off without a solid explanation. The told everyone top performers would be moved to other departments and were valued, but this was not the case. Not just myself but many other top performers were let go the same way. very unprofessional and just not any respect for the hard working staff that dedicated there entire life to this company.
Pros
schedule was perfect with my school schedule
Cons
group leaders were very poor and unprofessional
Extremely Fun place to work
Senior Data Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLSeptember 21, 2018
Nielsen is one of the best jobs i have ever had. The diversity and the Groups provided inside of Nielsen was my favorite thing about them. I was involved not only with my work but also the ERG pride group which allowed me to be very involved with the LGBTQ community as well as the local community in general. Other than the LBGTQ ERG there were many other categories for people to be involved with. The management staff was one of the best i have ever dealt with as they are extremely knowledgeable as well as understanding and helpful to their fellow employees. It is not your typical job and i learned so much about the company and my job through their various lectures and meetings that were held for all to attend. All in all I would say that Nielsen is a wonderful place to work and there is a good amount of advancement if you can stick it out with them through the part-time stages as in the beginning there are no benefits of time-off provided.
Pros
wonderful work culture, appealing work, great people and wonderful management
Cons
advancement can take a while, part- time reeps no benefits and the hours can be hard.
Good company with lot of opportunities.
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 19, 2018
Nice company .Good company with lot of opportunities.Growth and technical aspects to grow in a designation.Nice work environment to explore new technologies
Good early career
Associate Client Manager/Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2018
Nielsen is good for career starter, however, if you are looking for a place to grow your career, this might be a place that take you awhile. From time to time there are high performer, if that is you, go for it.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
career advancement is slow
Not worth the stress
Mentor to new employees (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 18, 2018
The salary can be tempting but it is hardly enough to live on. Recently they cut hours because of a mistake the companies analyst made but somehow they did not get reprimanded yet they cut hours and it was not the callers fault. This place does NOT care about you. It literally is a mindless job that a chimp could do yet they pressure and pressure you for ridiculous stats. Do not work here, you will regret it. No one last here more than a couple months. The turnover is just ridiculous.
Great Culture
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2018
I have been with Nielsen for five years. The company is full of great people and I have made some great memories.

However I do wish that there were more upward mobility for diverse candidates. After being a leader here for years, we can do a lot better at promoting and retaining top diverse talent.
very fun atmosphere
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYSeptember 17, 2018
Great leadership in the company and very healthy environment to work in. Was treated with the up most respect and areas to move up within the company.
Pros
great people within work place.
Cons
The hours of the day having to work
Flexible and collaborative
Data Science Manager (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Nielsen definitely promotes a culture of learning, collaboration, and dedication to quality. Flexible work/life balance options allow me to spend a lot of time with my family while still being a highly productive contributor. Advancement can happen quickly for those who perform.
Pros
flexibility, interesting work, good people
CLIENT MANAGER/CONSULTANT CONSUMER PANEL SOLUTION (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 13, 2018
Interesting and challenging place to work. Provides a good work/life balance. Excellent place to start in market research field. Provides flexibility to work from home.
Has slipped in past 5 years
Bases Operations (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 13, 2018
Nielsen is not the same company it once was to work for. Layoffs and restructuring for several years have made people uneasy to voice concerns/opinions. There are no longer any holiday parties, picnics, or even giving staff a t shirt w/ corp logo. Life balance is not a true concern anymore within the operational teams.
However there is an improved maternity leave, employee resource groups etc...
Pros
HR is very responsive
Cons
little advancement - very easy to get stuck in a position for 10+ years
Summary
Associate Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2018
Generally a good place to work but upper management are only considerate of themselves. Lots of opportunity for upward movement but generally easier to leave the company than to be promoted from within.
Relaxed (Stress-free) work environment
Trilingual Helpline Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Since I work from home, my morning is more relaxed then most people’s morning. No stressful traffic rides to and back from work. Best part of working from home!.

I love my job, I get to speak to people from pretty much around the world, and being able to assist the clients resolve the issue they are having, gives me so much satisfaction. I love that there is ease in communicating with my co-workers and managers even though they are not in the same room as I am. The culture is great, everyone works together towards the same goal, which is to resolve the issue for our clients not only quickly, but also in the most effective way.

The only part of my job that I wish it were better, is the pay, hence the reason for me to be looking for a part time to supplement my income.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Salary
Sarasota location used to be great, now awful
Telephone associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 10, 2018
After Nielsen bought out scarborough research they absolutely destroyed it.

They ruined the friendly environment
They destroyed staff morale
They gave us awful numbers to dial and then punished us for not completing it.

I used to love working there now id rather be homeless frankly.
Pros
Good work life balance.
Cons
Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nielsen. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

60out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Nielsen.

Powered by Comparably