Nielsen Employee Reviews

Found 1,185 reviews matching the search See all 2,157 reviews
I am trusted to do my job
Senior Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLFebruary 18, 2019
I appreciate the opportunity to do my job without being micromanaged. Work-life benefits are good. Remote working is the best.

I wish I were younger to take advantage of upward mobility. Youth is highly prized.
Pros
ability to work remotely
Cons
constantly reorganizing, so it's hard to stay focused
Great Work Environment
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2019
Excellent working environment, very experienced and knowledgeable people, very good management team, flexible working conditions - will work with you on your business hours and affords working remotely
NIelsen
Global Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 16, 2019
When Nielsen is doing good, its a great company. I think it still is, but needs to get it's finances in check and keep with the times to compete in a new market.
Pros
Great culture, Wonderful benefits
Cons
Company not doing so well
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutFebruary 15, 2019
Great culture of providing quality information to clients. Also good work life balance as laptops are issued which allows working remotely if required.
productive,especially during sweeps weeks
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLFebruary 14, 2019
There were times when it was extremely busy. Sweeps weeks were when all TV shows "put on their Sunday best" to obtain the highest ratings for advertisers. There were also sports surveys which could take up to an hour on the phone to complete. Movie surveys and many more to do with media. The hardest part was the downtime, but the company would try to use that time with different ways of increasing workshops to increase or enforce knowledge of the business.
Cons
computer program issues
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2019
World leading provider of marketing information, audience measurement, and business media products and services. Headquartered in New York, U.S.A. and operates in more then 100 countries
Ability to work
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Nielsen is a great company to work for but everything is about numbers so the pressure to keep up depends on you having a position at the company. So keep your game face on at all times.
Workplace culture
Vice President - Global Vendor Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2019
I would say that the overall workplace culture at Nielsen is one that is very collaborative and open. Everyone is encouraged to be completely transparent, with no repercussions.
Pros
This allows for lots of learning amongst one another.
Cons
Sometimes meetings can easily go off target and the agenda does not get covered.
Quick paced fun environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2019
If you want to work hard come here. The culture is fun but very competitive. The managers don't help employees as much as they should but the other employees are friendly. Advancement opportunities don't come often.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
advancement
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 3, 2019
Is a fast pace job with a family like atmosphere it can be stressful at times however everyone there is willing to chip in and get things done I look forward to going to work everyday
Used to be a great place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 29, 2019
When I first started at Nielsen it had a wonderful culture but over time it has diminished greatly. Job security and advancement is minimal. Lack of management support and computers have seen better days. Every day you get locked out of your account. Talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Lack of advancement, no management support
A good place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 27, 2019
A professional collaborative work environment. We were allowed to work independently and give our opinions on what we felt would work best for our clients. We were encouraged to be entrepreneurial.
Pros
Team oriented
Cons
Management needed to be improved
Productive and competitive work environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 26, 2019
I typically made phone calls to client and assessed their business needs in order to sell them additional Nielsen services.
I learned excellent customer service skills.
Workplace culture was productive and competitive.
The hardest part of the job was making the big sale.
And in contrast, the most enjoyable part of the job was when you made the big sale and had the satisfaction.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
competitive work environment
Nielsen
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Inbound call center / take about 50 to 80 incoming calls around the world participate in Nielsen survey and tv survey
I learned that this is a very productive business and effects thousands of people every day
I learned how to manage call flow
the hardest part of the job was to keep calls at comfortable level there are a lot of people now living home alone at 80 to 100. Take control of the call.
The most enjoyable was talking to people all over the world.
Pros
part time work and bonus pay
Cons
saturday work
Temporary JOB
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLJanuary 17, 2019
When you work for the Call Center "Attendance" is EVERYTHING! When you want extra hours they look at your attendance first! Those people will be given first pick.
This is also a "Temporary" Call Center Position! You work when they need you most at the time of the "sweeps".
Another odd thing is they would hire an 18 year old to be a "QDR" and they would have no experience on the phones at all! Yet they are chosen to answer questions that the IVR'S had.
Money was ok. But do not be late! You will be written up! I'd say if you had a small child, the hours could be a great balance in your life since they needed people to work different shifts, such as some nights, etc. Monitoring was constant. Sometimes very intimidating!
You have to chalk it up and accept what they would suggest to you.
Sometimes they had contests and that was fun to win some things every now and then! I worked at the Dunedin Call Center which is no longer there on and off for seven years. No benefits offered, no vacation days, etc. This is stressed that it is a temporary job only! Many people filed unemployment afterwards but I never did. I understand that they will no longer be mailing diaries out anymore so this job will be entirely eliminated. You had to sit for long periods of time but you did get your breaks & a lunch if you worked a full day. Management could have been better though. If they are still around, the pay should be increased to at least 14.00 an hour not 10.50 or 11.00 per hour. All in all I made some good friends and still keep in touch with some of them! Kind of like
  more... a family!  less
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits, No Healthcare (at Call Center), Strict Attendance!
Bad to work for.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  UsaJanuary 15, 2019
This is a really bad company. Run........ no one who works here is happy. We work with old out of date equipment. Don't believe these good reviews most likely written by management.
Pros
Cons
No good management, old equipment, overworked and underpaid.
Study Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2019
-Early morning meeting, with all the leaders and group leaders.
- Managing systems
-work environment is great.
-Hardest job is dealing with system mishaps.
-Most enjoyable is my job.
Aggressive Sales Targets-Great Benefits
MEMBERSHIP REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Nielsen offers its employees excellent benefits including Company Cars for travel in your territory and a certain percentage for personal use. Management is engaged and supportive and training is excellent. Sales targets are ambitious and not always matched to your geographic territory. Metropolitan areas offer the greatest opportunity for success. Great way to meet a very diverse population and lots of windshield time in rural areas.
Pros
Great for a "People Person", excellent benefits, decent pay
Cons
Ambitious Sales Targets, working in Outside Sales means being outdoors in all kinds of weather
Flex work Hours
Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2019
I have work at Nielsen almost 5 years now and have no complaints at all. I work flex hours also we get company car, cell phone , laptop and all resources to be successful. I have an incredible team to work an awesome manager. He is always willing to help and guide you to success. Some times job itself could be stressful as any other job out there.
Pros
Flex Hours
Cons
some stress
The best job I've ever had
Research Interviewer- Call center (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2019
A typical day at work can either be at night or mornings, you had two choices for part time which was 5-9 or 6-10 on two different schedules tuesday- sat or sunday-friday. You make inbound calls and have 2-3 min surveys based on demographics and what people watch on TV. At this point, things may have changed over time. But if you end up filling out the survey, you close out the screen, you correct the address to have the respondents fill out surveys. I've learned how to speak professionally and have patience. Many people end up hanging up on you and it brings down your percentage that you need to maintain. But patience and having great customer service is key. We didn't have management but we had team leads and I believe I had the best team lead possible! Always believed in his employees and had coaching for us to better improve. He always believed in everything we did, best team lead I've ever had. Workplace culture was shown, the job really cared about it's employees and even had events for us. The hardest part of the job is just being patient and having respondents go through the survey. The most enjoyable part is being with a great company and team leader, being surrounded with great people that really care about you and want you to improve in work and personal life. Like I tell everyone, this is the best job I've had and if it wasn't for my pregnancy I would still be working at that job. They also gave me extra time to be with my daughter after maternity leave, I was number #1 in my field and loved it so much. I put my heart and soul into this job but unfortunately I had  more... to resign.  less
Pros
Great company, great leaders, provides coaching and mentoring, events, pay raise
Cons
Not applicable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nielsen. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Nielsen.

Powered by Comparably