Nighthawk Security Company LLC Employee Reviews

They don’t have your back
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 16, 2019
If you call and report something they would ignore it . There is no support at all . It’s micromanaged . There is better jobs out there that would support you after you call a supervisor
Official response from Nighthawk Security Company LLC
August 19, 2019

Nighthawk Security follows up on all reports and records are kept from where the employee made the report and how it was handled.

Worst security company I've ever worked for!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 6, 2019
If your broke and looking for work, keep looking. . .
NightHawk Security will make you pay for your own alcohol/drug test, and put a cash deposit of $250 on your uniforms that will be due upon hiring or deductible from first check causing low to no pay the first check. . .
Official response from Nighthawk Security Company LLC
August 19, 2019

Nighthawk Security pays for all background checks and drug tests. The information you are providing about a uniform deposit is incorrect. Contact us at 866-797-4295 for details.

Professional
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 17, 2019
Very strict in following rules but fair about it.
You are made aware of all these rules.
you get paid training at your normal rate of pay.
Advancement opportunities.
Love it here
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 17, 2019
I was hired for 40 hours, have never been cut hours, love it here.
Enjoy working with my co-workers and the client.
Get chances for OT as well as its needed.
Great opportunities here
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, INJuly 17, 2019
Good pay
good work
I advanced to site Sgt within a few months when the previous was promoted to a regional supervisor. Nighthawk has setup a fast track for people to advance without having to wait years for opportunities to present themselves.
Advancement Possible
Guard (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 17, 2019
I have said this alot, the more you put into this job the more your going to get out of it. I was able to advance in the company fast and it always feels like I am needed here. The most enjoyable part of this job is when you know that your very presence makes the people your guarding around you happy.
Just Terrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Robards, KYJuly 17, 2019
The pay was awful, especially considering how far I had to drive. Wasn’t even paid per mile. Uniforms were disgusting but had to pay 300 out of your own paycheck. I was told I could get half of that back AS LONG AS I WORKED MY TWO WEEKS NOTICE. After I worked mine, I was told my position requires a months notice which was bull because I never heard that at my orientation. Will never work here again.
Horrible!
Kindergarten student /peasant (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 16, 2019
If you want to work in/for a place where the owner and manager talk down to you like a dog, hey this is the job for you. If you have ESP and read minds, hey this is the job for you. If you would like to be respected and compensated for doing your job then RUN! If you can't walk on water, your not good enough. This place will beat you down mentally. They will make you think you don't deserve any better. That you can't do an better. It's like living with a mentally abusive spouse!
Great Experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2019
hired yesterday, orientation was very detailed and good.
Met the Owner, very direct and professional.

Follow the rules and show up to work on time, thats how you advance with the company, its pretty straight forward.
Very Happy
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2019
I've been here for several years. You have to want to work and have a drive to work here. They do things right which means following the rules and enforcing them.
They'll drive you into the ground for next to nothing!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 14, 2019
Pros: At least you can play on your phone during down time.

Cons: Where do I start?
Down time is most of the day.
Floaters are worked like dogs! They expect you to get off at 6 AM after an 8 or 12 hour shift and work again 4-8 hours later most of the time.
They'll do whatever they can to cut your pay, even if it's illegal!
They do their best to hold all the cards, not even supplying you a copy of any of the contracts they make you sign.

If you ever go into a meeting with them, MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU ARE VOICE RECORDING! Keep your own records of the interactions! That includes all phone calls! You'll be glad you did when the time comes to take them to court.
Worst company I’ve ever worked for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 13, 2019
They took 300 for uniforms which you do not keep. They say they will give you the money back. They was a lie. Horrible management. You get talked down to like dirt. They threaten you any chance they get. I gave a two week notice. I was paid 11 an hr and got cut to min. wage, when I called to inquire as to why. I was yelled at and hung up on twice. I can see why people don’t stay and why they lose contracts
Great company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 9, 2019
hired yesterday.
love how they are setup and the professionalism of the staff here.
They are very detail oriented and it was refreshing to be given tools to succeed.
New and advancing
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 5, 2019
I've been with night hawk since December. I've been very happy with my employment here. Management communicates ALOT and takes care of any issue that comes up.
Pros
pay
Love my job here
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 29, 2019
I've been working here for 5 years and look forward to the next 5 here. I get treated fairly and love my job. Advancement opportunities come up and long as I keep doing my job correctly, I've been approached about them. I accepted my last 2 but like my current role too much and declined my most recent.
Pros
pay, hours, role
Cons
love it here
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 27, 2019
Recent new hire, so far i love it here!
Orientation does take a few hours but its very thorough and its about adapting and overcoming obstacles to help put employees at an advantage when doing their job.
Pros
pay, hours, structure
Horrible management horrible people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 24, 2019
They expect you to be little snitches like you’re in kindergarten if you have to be off work for any kind of health reasons you might as well forget it! They make you pay For two uniforms but only issue you one you have to pay for your guards license Which uniforms and license come out of your paychecks! They tell you that you get your refund for your uniform back if you provide a two week notice before leaving but will fire you and not give you your money back we were not paid for an eight hour orientation at orientation we were told that if we were scheduled to work a holiday and did not show or called off we would be fired but there was somebody who did so but didn’t bother to call till two hours after his scheduled start time and was not reachable before hand and he was not even disciplined were told we have to be reachable 24 seven and if we are not reachable that can be caused for fired do you
Part time to full time
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 17, 2019
I was hired as a part timer until more hours opened up. Soon as more hours were available, my scheduler was able to get me to 40 hours a week!

Would not trade my job, I go in, do my rounds and paperwork and leave once my relief has arrived!
wish i could stay longer!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 17, 2019
I've worked here for over 8 yrs and loved it. Only reason for leaving is because my husband wants us to retire so we can travel more!

Management is good
Work life and home life balance is good
Pros
pay, hours
Love working here
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 17, 2019
I've worked here for several years. Management treats me right and I'm considered a floater. I'm trained on several sites which has allowed me to move up in the company pretty quick!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nighthawk Security Company LLC. Our community is ready to answer.