Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
this is a fan work place the staff makes you feel comfortable
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Hanahan, SCDecember 28, 2017
I enjoyed working with Nightingale Nursing and Attendant the staff was friendly and professional they were very helpful when I had an emergency.I had a great experience working with babies I learned a lot working with pediatric clients .
I would work for them again
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 28, 2017
Enjoyed working with the staff at nightingales very professional would work with them again I really enjoyed working withthe clients ad well thanking you for youf support
Pros
You have the ability to advance wuthin the company
Cons
Not enough hours
Ok place to work of you don't have children
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 13, 2017
If you have ultimate flexibility, this will probably work for you. If you lose a client, expect to be out of work or with very little work for a while. It took a while in the beginning to receive a full time client and after my last client left the company, I worked very few hours for months. From my experience, company does not communicate well with client families and has a high turnover with case managers. Benefits are not to good. It's hard to find an I'm network doctor for medical and dental insurance doesn't cover any major work until you've had it a full year. Plus make sure to check your pay stubs every week to make sure your benefits are taken out or else you'll end yup way short on a check because they take it all at one time.
I feel like the owners of the company care for their clients, but management needs better communication with staff and clients. You also have to schedule your own evaluation. You only earn paid time off based on these evaluations. If you work a Mon-Fri case you would have to miss work for your evaluation.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Benefits not so great. Lack of communication.
Excellent place to work for
Personal Care Aid (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 25, 2017
An awesome place to work for and the only bad part about the job was the hours were spread to far out during the day. I absolutely loved the client I took care of.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 24, 2017
People were nice. I enjoyed the patient contact. Company seemed to care for their customers and employees overall. Coworkers overall positive, but some of them need further training and education in specific areas of patient care.
Nice environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 11, 2017
This is a great company to work for,but the pay sucks...I love my client,I enjoyed doing what I do.hard to get a raise ,their are some professional , smiling ladies who greet me, when I go into the office., always smiling faces,i love my job and my surroundings
Fun, rewarding, and excellent care
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 3, 2017
I enjoy working for the company.
My overall experience has been great.
The most rewarding experience is providing care for the clients.
I enjoy that at the end of the year Nightingale provides a beautiful banqent for all employee.
The banquet in 2016 was my favorite.
my review
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 27, 2017
This place is okay to work at. I do not like that fact that you basically have to work every weekend. Some of us have a life outside of work. It puts a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle.
January 19, 2018

Hello, We like to alternate weekends when our clients need weekend coverage, but when employees want extra work, we try to accommodate their needs as well. Not all or even most clients require weekends. Thank you for your response!

Travel Nursing Job.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 5, 2017
I liked working for Nightengale Nursing Service. They call you frequently to see if you are available for more contracts and they staff most nursing strike jobs.
Pros
Good paying job.
Cons
Must be willing to travel.
July 8, 2017

Sorry your good review has come to the wrong company. We do in home care and only in SC at Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants. Hopefully you will be able to redo your wonderful review for your Travel Nursing Job and make your employer feel great! Best of Luck!

I liked the clients, not the company
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden scJuly 5, 2017
I loved my clients. The company on the other hand always for my pay wrong or didn't pay me at all. And when I would call the office to get it situated it took forever to get someone on the phone.
Pros
Nice client and family
Cons
Not many hours and alwaays messed up paycheck
July 8, 2017

We are sad to hear you left. We try to answer calls personally instead of having you talk to a machine so it can be a wait during busy times to speak with the right person, so we offer a call back service that would prevent you having to hold on. We are also so very sorry to hear you had a problem with receiving weekly pay. Our payroll is automatically downloaded from your mobile app or taken directly from your time sheets and handled by very efficient payroll team weekly rather than every two weeks but the employees ability to clock in and out correctly and get their time sheets submitted on time is critical to the success of a weekly payroll. If that's the reason you left us, please consider contacting us again to discuss additional measures to help with this. We want you paid and we want to get paid as well. Both require accurate information for processing in a timely manner but we can talk about what you might be able to do to help with that. Call 1-800-578-6033 and ask for Lisa or Jeff to discuss further. Good caregivers deserve good solutions! We also have many available hours for valued employees that are available for the days, times and areas requested and more client request come in every day!

January 19, 2018

Hello,
We use an automated payroll system that is powered through the use of Smart phone mobile apps for clocking in utilizing gps technology that the state provides. It is very convenient and not at all hard to use. It makes for a very smooth weekly payroll that uses direct deposit. Timesheets do still have to be mailed in on time to make payroll each week to prove that services required were in fact done. If you mail your timesheets in on time and keep some stamped envelopes handy, or drop your paperwork off in a timely manner, this is a very smooth process. Combined with direct deposit, most of our 650+employees enjoy a seamless payroll experience. Thank you for your reply!

Allowed me the opportunity to view other cultures.
RN/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MarylandJune 29, 2017
Traveled a long way from home and this allowed me the opportunity to work with a vast variety of clients. My first assignment dealt with the mental pt
Pros
Allowed me a view of a different area of the United States.
Cons
Cold and bad traffic.
Flexible
Nursing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MT 59405June 13, 2017
Great pay. Great hours. Great and not so great people. Works with you and helps you when you need it. Will help you when you get a degree and when taking boards.
Pros
Works with you, pay
work training
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJune 1, 2017
poor scheduling and not the friendliest staff. this company doesn't follow the hours you accepted when first hired. not given the best training before hand.
July 8, 2017

Sorry your good review has come to the wrong company. We do in home care and only in SC at Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants. Hopefully you will be able to redo your 4 Star review for your Travel Nursing Job and make your employer feel great! Best of Luck!

nightingale nursing
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLMay 10, 2017
Being employed by them twice, good experience, recruiter was always available to me, as were the supportive staff, benefits were not all great. The pay was competitive.
Pros
people
Cons
benefits were not comprehensive

Excellent Home Health Company
Registered Nurse, Pediatric Staff (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 7, 2017
Nightingales is a family-owned, Christian-based company that offers Home Health Care to the low country region of South Carolina. Salary is higher than many other Home Health companies. Environment/Colleagues very friendly and easy to work with. Give them available dates and schedules are generally flexible around your availability. Clients have been enjoyable to work with. Management willing to help in any way they are able. Enjoy working for this company and simply looking for a position in a hospital environment.
Pros
Competitive Salary and Flexible Schedule
Cons
Occasional issues with communication.
July 8, 2017

Thank you for your excellent review of our locally owned and operated company here in SC and the great work you are doing! We love working with positive and kind nurses like you and the families of SC do too! We are all blessed by you having worked with us! May you continue to be able to spread your kindness among others and be abundantly blessed yourself!

loved the company
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 1, 2017
very professional company. I would work for them anytime once I receive my certification in dialysis again. I would recommend them to all of my peers.
Pros
i got to travel
Cons
i missed my kids
Nightingales Nursing is Outstanding!
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCApril 17, 2017
Nightingales is a wonderful company to work with. I have been here only a short period of time and as a single parent they always are willing to work with me and my children's schedule. I know that they truly care about me and my children which means a lot to me!! When starting I only had experience working with my family members but they have made sure that I have been properly trained before sending me into a clients home and also have spent time with me showing me great and safe techniques that allow my to be a better caregiver to my great clients! I cannot say enough great things about this company and the love they have showed me.
Pros
Family oriented Company
Cons
No cons with this company
July 8, 2017

Thank you for your excellent review of our locally owned and operated company here in SC and the great work you are doing! We love working with positive and kind nurses aides like you and the families of SC do too! We are all blessed by you!

Best Job Ever
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCApril 17, 2017
I have been an employee of Nightingales Nursing for over 8 years. At Nightingales I have found that everyone comes together and works as a team. The employees that I work with are very friendly people and always willing to help in any way they can. I love to tell everyone where I work!! Nightingales is not just a job but is a career and is a Christian organization. The absolute Best Job Ever!!
Pros
Professional employees, Great Work environment
July 8, 2017

Thank you for your excellent review of our locally owned and operated company here in SC and the great work you are doing! We love working with positive and kind caregivers like you and the families of SC do too! We are all blessed by you!

Really great people and company
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 17, 2017
I don't usually take the time to sign up for doing reviews, but I saw an opportunity to review this company and thought they need to have people who know them well talk about how great they really are! Usually only bad employees or people who didn't make it take the time to review a company these days and that's too bad. This is a real caring place. They are very appreciative and kind. WE LOVE WORKING TO TAKE CARE OF OTHERS AS A TEAM!
Pros
Professional and Caring employer
Cons
I love my job and can't think of any
July 8, 2017

Thank you for your excellent review of our locally owned and operated company here in SC and the great work you are doing! We love working with positive and kind nurses like you and the families of SC do too! We are all blessed by caregivers like you!

Wonderful Company To Work For
PCA (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 17, 2017
This company is wonderful to work with!! The office staff is very professional and always works with my schedule as a part time student. They encouraged me to further my education but at the same time I never went without work and was still able to work to provide for my family.
Pros
Great pay and professional employees
July 8, 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants. Our community is ready to answer.