Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants Employee Reviews

Look No Further Such a Model Company and Great Place to Work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 23, 2018
As Caregivers, if you have the heart to take care of others as a Nurse or as an Aide, you will ALWAYS love what you do, BUT to do it with a supportive and helpful encouraging team is even more satisfying and all the people you will encounter here are delightful! To the nay sayers out there, if you provide the right kind of care and be dependable on your job, you would still love this company and have a job! Who else is tired of hearing from disgruntled employees who got fired in the first place because of problems on their end, then try to blame a great company with solid hard working Christian management?? I had to stop and write this review when I ran across this company because no way should they have less than 5 stars! You can not find a company who will try harder to please their customers and their employees! You will be respected and truly cared about here. If you are a Caregiver seeking a wonderful team to work with, look no further, you have found it!
Pros
good pay and benefits with weekly direct deposit and annual awards
Cons
I wish we could all see each other more often
Wonderful Environment with EXCELLENT room for growth
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Florence SCJanuary 15, 2019
I have been employed with NNA for 2 years. I truly enjoy working for the company. I have grown so much in many ways in my 2 years here.The management team is very helpful and handles any issues or concerns you may have. The room for growth is GREAT. I have seen many employees excel into new rolls including myself. Nightingales is very family orientated and christian based. I highly recommend Nightingales as a place to work for many years to come.
Pros
Benefits, Growth, Team Work
Cons
I have none at this time.
Its a good place to work if you have a degree such as RN or LPN
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJuly 11, 2018
I busted my tail for this company driving 60 miles one way with no gas mileage pay. When they would give me gas mileage i had to subtract 30 miles from my destination and did not get gas mileage pay for traveling back hom, no matter how far it was. I worked on call for 6 months which is why i ended up quitting. I have 2 small children and if i had no one to watch them which was a rare occasion i couldnt go when they called the whole office would bad mouth me because they are next to go if i couldnt. Then my hours got cut and they hired a second girl to do the same job which made my hours even shorter.
Pros
Rewarding work, benefits, bonuses for office only
Cons
Low pay, drama, unfair treatment, hours change
September 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer a review! Looks like you lived about an hour away from the office which would be your commute and yet we hired you as a runner upon your request not to let that interfere with our decision. You then got paid for driving in during that time after the first 30 minutes which is just an added benefit we gave you to help with your commute in that position. I hope you enjoyed your drive time and mileage reimbursement which adds on hundreds of dollars a week when you work full time in addition to a significantly higher hourly rate. Unfortunately this role does require flexible hours and availability which we are very clear about up front. That’s the reason for the high pay rate and additional benefits. This position is coveted by some, but admittedly doesn’t work for everyone. We want our employees to succeed but the jobs are what they are. I’m truly sorry we couldn’t adjust this job description for your convenience and we sincerely wish you all the best!

Good company to work for
LPN (Current Employee) –  Hanahan, SCNovember 14, 2018
Good company to work for. Good benefits and paid days off. staff is definitely good at solving problems and very professional. Meetings are more often and the staff is treated well
good
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 6, 2018
a typical day at work is good, the work is flexible by your schedule, i wish i could work there again, but need 40 hrs per wk and weekends off.
a tu[oca; dau at work is good, I learned to work with the elderly and schedule my days my self, the workplace culture is a mixture of different race of people the hardest part of the job, is just being you, they want you to be you and to do a good job and not just be at work but to enjoy your job.the most enjoyable part of the job is the clients they are lovable and become a second family to you.
Pros
the schedule fits your schedule
Cons
not enought pay
This company should not be in business at all
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCJanuary 13, 2019
For this company I did private duty for the first time in my Nursing career. I was placed in a position of taking care of a total care patient that needed the skills of an RN. I thoroughly enjoyed the patient care, it was the family dynamics and they lack of agency support that ruined everything. The agency did not support me at all in any area of issues with my position. In fact, they had known about the issues with this family for many years that they had never addressed, yet they continued to send RN after RN into this home, yet never addressed the real problem with the family. It was me who addressed it and the family was offended and I had to leave a position I really loved. This company SUX. Don't work for them, RUN! there has to be better agencies for which to work!
Pros
regular hours
Cons
no support, very little training, left out on your own completely, supervisor wont return your calls.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for helping this family provide care to their loved one! We provide FREE RN supervision on a regular basis and as you may have noticed, families don't necessarily want outside nurses telling them how to run their home. There was nothing in this situation that warranted intervention from our perspective and they are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. God bless them. If they didn't want you back that is their right which we support. It's their home. I'm very sorry it didn't work out for you, but we try to help PDN's understand that we are a guest in our client's homes and they may or may not all be running as you would run your own. As long as the client is safe and we can provide quality care, we never give up trying to find the right fit for our precious families. I hope you find a great position that you will be find to be more comfortable and be blessed, not stressed! I wish some of the employees who are doing a good job and are loved by hundreds and hundreds of families across the state would take the time to write a review more often!

Not a good place
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 10, 2019
The Ads they post aerent so clear the pay IS NOT FLAT $10.00 your pay is split of between pc2 and pc1 (9.50 ) basically its not worth it, you don’t get paid for gas and they expect for you to go to a house for 3 hours and be done. And your pay and hours is always getting messed up: lack of management
Pros
Most clients
Cons
Not enough money or hours
January 14, 2019

Hello former employee. Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. I'm so sorry things didn't work out for you. Obviously, you had a part time position which is something we offer if there is no full time work available, but no one is forced to do part time, or hired until we would be sure if you requested to start off with some part time hours, which is what a lot of people love about home care! IF you do a good job, we offer you additional hours as they become available, even if you start off part time. Also, we DO PAY travel time between clients under the correct guidelines I'm not sure what home care company could stay in business buying your gas to go to work also. Also with regards to your pay and hours being "messed up", We are very proud of our use of both an in-house payroll team, a third party payroll company for oversight, AND a state of the art telephony system with mobile app that directly populates a weekly payroll with direct deposit that is run several times to hundreds of properly clocked in and out employees with an automatic WEEKLY payment system. So again, most employees love this worry free system, but you do have to use it according to the simple instructions of clicking when you get there and when you leave to register the proper gps location so we can ensure our clients are being served. We also comply with state regulations by asking for a service log weekly so we can make sure that not only are you there, but you are, in fact doing the work you are being paid to do. It's really very simple if you do it correctly. I'm so sorry  more... you feel that all the training and oversight that comes with this great company wasn't enough for you and I hope you can find a wonderful work environment as a caregiver if that's your heart! It's a great career choice if you love people like we do!  less

Watch out for this place
HR (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 17, 2018
Everyone here below the management level is treated like a cog in a machine. Don't expect your personal illness, family illnesses, distance to jobs, experience, or opinions to matter. All that matters to these ladies (the office is 95% women) is the bottom line and lining their pockets with more and more money. Greed has no place in a business like this, neither does nepotism, or a demonstrative dictatorship that rules with an iron fist. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time here. Seriously. You won't last long and you'll regret it if you do.
Pros
There's a Keurig in the office, a few good friends to be made
Cons
See my review. I can't warn anyone enough of what they will find here.
October 23, 2018

Hello Former Employee, We are so very sorry that we didn't meet your expectations and that your employment with us didn't work out. FYI: We have 7 men and 9 women in that office and work in mainly Medicaid home care for the disadvantaged(at a very LOW margin), yet our management staff still finds a way to provide us with Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Days Off, Holiday pay travel pay, discounts on many services, credit union, ongoing education, awards banquet, weekly direct deposit, top of the industry pay grades and more! Actually, it's a great place to work! Thankfully we have over 650 happy employees who we are so very proud of! They work very hard everyday and most of them are women, women who are providing for their families! Happily there is also an ever growing need for males in this industry which is a good thing as well! We truly want to wish you every blessing and hope you can find your niche! We are all doing life together with many good folks and some for 18 years now as we seek only to minister to His Glory!

good place to work if you don't need the money
Personal Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCJanuary 14, 2019
I didn't care for management but loved the clients. Some of the supervising staff had attitudes. They put there favorite people with clients that brought the best hours.
Pros
lovable clients
Cons
not enough hours and poor managent.
Perfectly imperfect!
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoy my job here. I meet different people and get different kinds of experience with different kinds of care. Some days my schedule has to change because my clients have other things going on too, and that kind of stinks, but it's nothing major. I like my supervisors and if they don't answer right away they do get right back to me.
Pros
Meet new people, gain experience
Cons
schedule changes occasionally
nice people, waste of time
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCJanuary 15, 2019
I went for two days of training in the Camden Office, gave them all my information and then never heard back from them, I would have liked an explanation why they didn't want me after I thought I was hired. Total waste of time and ruined hopes of thinking I had a job.
Pros
nice people
Cons
waste of time
Ok place to work of you don't have children
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 13, 2017
If you have ultimate flexibility, this will probably work for you. If you lose a client, expect to be out of work or with very little work for a while. It took a while in the beginning to receive a full time client and after my last client left the company, I worked very few hours for months. From my experience, company does not communicate well with client families and has a high turnover with case managers. Benefits are not to good. It's hard to find an I'm network doctor for medical and dental insurance doesn't cover any major work until you've had it a full year. Plus make sure to check your pay stubs every week to make sure your benefits are taken out or else you'll end yup way short on a check because they take it all at one time.
I feel like the owners of the company care for their clients, but management needs better communication with staff and clients. You also have to schedule your own evaluation. You only earn paid time off based on these evaluations. If you work a Mon-Fri case you would have to miss work for your evaluation.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Benefits not so great. Lack of communication.
September 22, 2018

Thank you for your review! It’s always interesting to hear from our employees! The benefits and evaluations are certainly intended to be a big plus, I’m sorry you felt this way and want to wish you all the best!

Good experience for working with Disabled
PERSONAL CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 11, 2018
The job was a great experience, although it had its ups and downs. The pros were the actual job, including the people I met and assisted in their day to day lives. The cons were the management; with so many employees, it was easy to feel left out on hours when many people received a full 40, I was lucky to receive 20. Painfully long orientation process, by the way.
Pros
Easy to Get Job, Good Experience, Rewarding
Cons
Hours Varied, Management not always on the same page
Excellent Home Health Company
Registered Nurse, Pediatric Staff (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 7, 2017
Nightingales is a family-owned, Christian-based company that offers Home Health Care to the low country region of South Carolina. Salary is higher than many other Home Health companies. Environment/Colleagues very friendly and easy to work with. Give them available dates and schedules are generally flexible around your availability. Clients have been enjoyable to work with. Management willing to help in any way they are able. Enjoy working for this company and simply looking for a position in a hospital environment.
Pros
Competitive Salary and Flexible Schedule
Cons
Occasional issues with communication.
July 8, 2017

Thank you for your excellent review of our locally owned and operated company here in SC and the great work you are doing! We love working with positive and kind nurses like you and the families of SC do too! We are all blessed by you having worked with us! May you continue to be able to spread your kindness among others and be abundantly blessed yourself!

Able to work independently
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTNovember 8, 2018
I did not like that I was required to drive outside of town to do much of my work. I did like that I was able to work independently. Was required to be on call every third weekend.
Pros
Ability to work independently
Cons
travel
Terrible experience
Runner (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 10, 2017
I started work with Nightingale's 2 weeks ago it has definitely been the worse mistake I've made so far choosing a healthcare company . I was a runner driving all over the place just to find out I was not full time I barely got 30hrs a week but was told to keep my schedule open from 6am-8pm so many lies were told it doesn't make any sense hours are not guaranteed and neither is your paycheck if paperwork is not filled out completely this company holds your whole paycheck untill everything is reviewed the schedulers wait untill friday to tell you that you didnt turn in paperwork they dont utilize the computer system they have to print off the sheets that lets them know what and whose paperwork is missing.I would not recommend this place no benefits and no room for growth.
Pros
The clients are sweet
Cons
No room for advancement, no benefits
December 19, 2018

You do need to be able to complete documentation in all health care fields due to legalities and client protection. If done correctly, which is just initialing a careplan, your schedulers don't have to redo work to do at the end of the week to help you get paid. However, we actually provide weekly direct deposit which most employees have no trouble getting regularly. The paperwork is only a brief form that you initial and we use a mobile app for most clock in and out clients that is simple and makes the times and dates appear for you. We also promote from within on career paths with opportunity! Sorry things didn't work out with you. Thank you for your time.

complaints
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTMay 31, 2018
ones in office always complaining something not being done when it was. getting work done, management always saying something not being done.hard part was when office people wanted you to do something the wrong way, most enjoyable was when client would laugh
Pros
when let you do your job
Cons
when complain about what was doing
September 22, 2018

We are a SC based company, I think you are trying to reach the staffing agency with a similar name.

A nice place to work but not enough money
Personal Care Aide (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 26, 2018
Working as a PCA is hard work, You stay busy from 8 to 3;15pm.
We do not get our cars fueled and sometimes it feels like we are on the bottom. I love my clients but the incentive isn't there.
Pros
great clients!
Cons
Gas is expensive as it is and running a car in myrtle beach with all the traffic is awful
September 22, 2018

Thank you for your five star review! I am sorry we can’t buy your gas to get to work but most employers don’t do that. We hope you enjoyed the travel time we paid you between clients, the 401 K, medical, dental, vision, paid days off, time and a half for Holiday pay, Evaluations, weekly pay with direct deposit and ongoing free educational in service banquets! We think caregivers are on TOP! If you enjoy caregiving and feel you are on the bottom, perhaps it’s a nudging for you to go even further in your chosen career path! A caring heart is needed in all levels of health care! Best wishes!

I worked in South Carolina for this company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 14, 2014
They were the first home health company to give me a chance to work right out of nursing school in 2008. I did not get much support in feeling comfident however going out and working on your own as a new nurse with the company like Bayada did for me. They did appreciate my work ethics however and gave me the most challenging cases and I felt appreciated by the management and they gave me a raise not long after being there.
Pros
I was able to pick my own cases and schedule accordingly
Cons
Also so opportunity for advancement and benefits were important to me
Management was horrible!
PERSONAL CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCJune 20, 2018
Management was horrible and very unorganized! Not everyone in the office was horrible but the one who was over us directly was horrible! Wouldn’t answer phone or return them.
Pros
The clients
September 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your observations! Our Camden office has a super team and I hope you also met some of the very kind people there! We encourage our caregivers to use the office phone number so someone who is available can always address your needs, Our Camden office manager would love to discuss your concerns with you further and if you would like, please call Shannon at your earliest convenience at 803-432-1081. Thank you again for your time and Best Wishes!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants. Our community is ready to answer.