Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants Employee Reviews

Watch out for this place
HR (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 17, 2018
Everyone here below the management level is treated like a cog in a machine. Don't expect your personal illness, family illnesses, distance to jobs, experience, or opinions to matter. All that matters to these ladies (the office is 95% women) is the bottom line and lining their pockets with more and more money. Greed has no place in a business like this, neither does nepotism, or a demonstrative dictatorship that rules with an iron fist. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time here. Seriously. You won't last long and you'll regret it if you do.
Pros
There's a Keurig in the office, a few good friends to be made
Cons
See my review. I can't warn anyone enough of what they will find here.
Its a good place to work if you have a degree such as RN or LPN
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJuly 11, 2018
I busted my tail for this company driving 60 miles one way with no gas mileage pay. When they would give me gas mileage i had to subtract 30 miles from my destination and did not get gas mileage pay for traveling back hom, no matter how far it was. I worked on call for 6 months which is why i ended up quitting. I have 2 small children and if i had no one to watch them which was a rare occasion i couldnt go when they called the whole office would bad mouth me because they are next to go if i couldnt. Then my hours got cut and they hired a second girl to do the same job which made my hours even shorter.
Pros
Rewarding work, benefits, bonuses for office only
Cons
Low pay, drama, unfair treatment, hours change
September 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer a review! Looks like you lived about an hour away from the office which would be your commute and yet we hired you as a runner upon your request not to let that interfere with our decision. You then got paid for driving in during that time after the first 30 minutes which is just an added benefit we gave you to help with your commute in that position. I hope you enjoyed your drive time and mileage reimbursement which adds on hundreds of dollars a week when you work full time in addition to a significantly higher hourly rate. Unfortunately this role does require flexible hours and availability which we are very clear about up front. That’s the reason for the high pay rate and additional benefits. This position is coveted by some, but admittedly doesn’t work for everyone. We want our employees to succeed but the jobs are what they are. I’m truly sorry we couldn’t adjust this job description for your convenience and we sincerely wish you all the best!

Satisfying workplace
Personal Care Aide (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 3, 2018
Nightingales nursing and attendants conducts inspection of the clients home before they send the care attendance out. They follow up with client living standards and they do try to find you clients to work whenever a client dies are going to the hospital it's an okay place to work.
Pros
Summary of homes
Cons
Short on clients
September 22, 2018

Thank you for your great four star review! We work hard to make this a great place to work and we are grateful you took the time to share your observations!

Bad Job
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 2, 2018
These people will work you for hours. They will have to traveling farther then what you have to. They don't give enough hours. They will not stick to their world and all they do is gossip. they are not good supervisors there.
Management was horrible!
PERSONAL CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCJune 20, 2018
Management was horrible and very unorganized! Not everyone in the office was horrible but the one who was over us directly was horrible! Wouldn’t answer phone or return them.
Pros
The clients
September 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your observations! Our Camden office has a super team and I hope you also met some of the very kind people there! We encourage our caregivers to use the office phone number so someone who is available can always address your needs, Our Camden office manager would love to discuss your concerns with you further and if you would like, please call Shannon at your earliest convenience at 803-432-1081. Thank you again for your time and Best Wishes!

Good experience for working with Disabled
PERSONAL CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 11, 2018
The job was a great experience, although it had its ups and downs. The pros were the actual job, including the people I met and assisted in their day to day lives. The cons were the management; with so many employees, it was easy to feel left out on hours when many people received a full 40, I was lucky to receive 20. Painfully long orientation process, by the way.
Pros
Easy to Get Job, Good Experience, Rewarding
Cons
Hours Varied, Management not always on the same page
complaints
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTMay 31, 2018
ones in office always complaining something not being done when it was. getting work done, management always saying something not being done.hard part was when office people wanted you to do something the wrong way, most enjoyable was when client would laugh
Pros
when let you do your job
Cons
when complain about what was doing
September 22, 2018

We are a SC based company, I think you are trying to reach the staffing agency with a similar name.

It was manageable
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 31, 2018
No tips, it was a great experience working and connecting with my clients. You become attached but it’s a great experience, you can learn a lot just by communicating with their past lives they lived
Pros
Cons
Breaks when you travel back and forth
September 22, 2018

Thank you for reminding others that in the home care industry in general it is not appropriate to accept tips from consumers! That’s why we offer so many benefits to our employees, It’s good to hear you connected in a great way with wonderful clients! Best Wishes,

Wasn't a very great place to work very unorganized
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden County, GAMay 30, 2018
I didn't care for working for them they seemed to not care for there patients or there employees ghe management there wasnt up to par and needed alot of work
August 23, 2018

This is NOT Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants! We are NOT in Georgia, this is the temp staffing agency.

September 22, 2018

We are a SC based company and I think you are trying to reach out to the Georgia based company with a similar name! Best Wishes,

Great Work with Great People
Scheduler/Lifeline Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTMarch 6, 2018
Daily tasks were known and outlined. Expectations were clear and goals were identified. Learned a lot about medicare and medicaid insurance billing requirements and care of elderly and persons with disabilities. Small company that cares!
Pros
Hours scheduled is what is worked, open communication, paid training, support for certifications
this is a fan work place the staff makes you feel comfortable
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Hanahan, SCDecember 28, 2017
I enjoyed working with Nightingale Nursing and Attendant the staff was friendly and professional they were very helpful when I had an emergency.I had a great experience working with babies I learned a lot working with pediatric clients .
I would work for them again
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 28, 2017
Enjoyed working with the staff at nightingales very professional would work with them again I really enjoyed working withthe clients ad well thanking you for youf support
Pros
You have the ability to advance wuthin the company
Cons
Not enough hours
Ok place to work of you don't have children
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 13, 2017
If you have ultimate flexibility, this will probably work for you. If you lose a client, expect to be out of work or with very little work for a while. It took a while in the beginning to receive a full time client and after my last client left the company, I worked very few hours for months. From my experience, company does not communicate well with client families and has a high turnover with case managers. Benefits are not to good. It's hard to find an I'm network doctor for medical and dental insurance doesn't cover any major work until you've had it a full year. Plus make sure to check your pay stubs every week to make sure your benefits are taken out or else you'll end yup way short on a check because they take it all at one time.
I feel like the owners of the company care for their clients, but management needs better communication with staff and clients. You also have to schedule your own evaluation. You only earn paid time off based on these evaluations. If you work a Mon-Fri case you would have to miss work for your evaluation.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Benefits not so great. Lack of communication.
September 22, 2018

Thank you for your review! It’s always interesting to hear from our employees! The benefits and evaluations are certainly intended to be a big plus, I’m sorry you felt this way and want to wish you all the best!

Excellent place to work for
Personal Care Aid (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 25, 2017
An awesome place to work for and the only bad part about the job was the hours were spread to far out during the day. I absolutely loved the client I took care of.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 24, 2017
People were nice. I enjoyed the patient contact. Company seemed to care for their customers and employees overall. Coworkers overall positive, but some of them need further training and education in specific areas of patient care.
Nice environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 11, 2017
This is a great company to work for,but the pay sucks...I love my client,I enjoyed doing what I do.hard to get a raise ,their are some professional , smiling ladies who greet me, when I go into the office., always smiling faces,i love my job and my surroundings
Fun, rewarding, and excellent care
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 3, 2017
I enjoy working for the company.
My overall experience has been great.
The most rewarding experience is providing care for the clients.
I enjoy that at the end of the year Nightingale provides a beautiful banqent for all employee.
The banquet in 2016 was my favorite.
my review
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 27, 2017
This place is okay to work at. I do not like that fact that you basically have to work every weekend. Some of us have a life outside of work. It puts a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle.
January 19, 2018

Hello, We like to alternate weekends when our clients need weekend coverage, but when employees want extra work, we try to accommodate their needs as well. Not all or even most clients require weekends. Thank you for your response!

Travel Nursing Job.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 5, 2017
I liked working for Nightengale Nursing Service. They call you frequently to see if you are available for more contracts and they staff most nursing strike jobs.
Pros
Good paying job.
Cons
Must be willing to travel.
July 8, 2017

Sorry your good review has come to the wrong company. We do in home care and only in SC at Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants. Hopefully you will be able to redo your wonderful review for your Travel Nursing Job and make your employer feel great! Best of Luck!

I liked the clients, not the company
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden scJuly 5, 2017
I loved my clients. The company on the other hand always for my pay wrong or didn't pay me at all. And when I would call the office to get it situated it took forever to get someone on the phone.
Pros
Nice client and family
Cons
Not many hours and alwaays messed up paycheck
January 19, 2018

Hello,
We use an automated payroll system that is powered through the use of Smart phone mobile apps for clocking in utilizing gps technology that the state provides. It is very convenient and not at all hard to use. It makes for a very smooth weekly payroll that uses direct deposit. Timesheets do still have to be mailed in on time to make payroll each week to prove that services required were in fact done. If you mail your timesheets in on time and keep some stamped envelopes handy, or drop your paperwork off in a timely manner, this is a very smooth process. Combined with direct deposit, most of our 650+employees enjoy a seamless payroll experience. Thank you for your reply!

July 8, 2017

We are sad to hear you left. We try to answer calls personally instead of having you talk to a machine so it can be a wait during busy times to speak with the right person, so we offer a call back service that would prevent you having to hold on. We are also so very sorry to hear you had a problem with receiving weekly pay. Our payroll is automatically downloaded from your mobile app or taken directly from your time sheets and handled by very efficient payroll team weekly rather than every two weeks but the employees ability to clock in and out correctly and get their time sheets submitted on time is critical to the success of a weekly payroll. If that's the reason you left us, please consider contacting us again to discuss additional measures to help with this. We want you paid and we want to get paid as well. Both require accurate information for processing in a timely manner but we can talk about what you might be able to do to help with that. Call 1-800-578-6033 and ask for Lisa or Jeff to discuss further. Good caregivers deserve good solutions! We also have many available hours for valued employees that are available for the days, times and areas requested and more client request come in every day!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about