NIH Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Demanding
Senior Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2018
I was at this company for over eight years. I started as Bank Teller and got promoted to Senior Member Service Rep by the time I left. Great benefits and advancement opportunities.
Productive and great place to be
Senior Real estate Mortgage Loan Closer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 30, 2018
Great environment!!! No more to say!!!! They work with you to make sure your happy and comfortable in your position. It's always pleasant to go into work because we have continuous training which keeps you up to speed about wants going on in the industry.
Pros
Environment
The Culture
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 13, 2017
The workplace culture is amazing especially the employees, I learned and advanced technically in my field.the hardest part of the job is doing tasks for two people
stressful environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville,MDAugust 27, 2015
The morale is very low because no pay raise for 6 years. The employees are very friendly and staff gets along well with each other but the environment could be better if increase in salary were given. Not enough staff for the workload. Could be a great work place if morale was higher.
Pros
employees care for each other
Cons
no pay raise for six years
Not a company to work for if you are looking for job advancement or pay raises.
Residential Lending Mortgage Loan Set Up (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 16, 2015
Department worked well together as a team to get the job done.
Upper Management was great, very positive and motivating.
Department Management could have done a better job communicating with workers.
Benefits were very good and HR was great always helpful and friendly.
CEO was fantastic person to work for.
Pros
Friendly co workers and nice atmosphere
Cons
Lack of room for advancement and lack of salary increases
good place and people
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 14, 2015
I enjoyed working with the Commerce Dept FCU. I had a good knowledge of what was needed to perform my job from the previous one. I loved working with my coworkers, managers and members of the credit union. the hardest part honestly was leaving that place. I really enjoyed working there, the most enjoyable part was coming in the next day to work to see veryone.
Pros
being close to home
Branch employees are great
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 15, 2013
A typical day involves opening and closing the branch. The mornings are busy as a lot of members try to come in before the go to their offices for work. We are usually pretty busy most of the day. Which is a good this it helps time go by but also lets us know that people are using the credit union. Our members come in for loans, opening new accounts, as well as deposits and other transactions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIH Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

NIH Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location