79Above average
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Nike:

Nike Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA24 reviews
fun team
Overall very fun and encouraging atmosphere. Proper management team and staff in general. The work itself is not hard and the benefits are great for part time and full time.
Fun place to be
Very nice people, cool break room and its nike. nice things to look at including apparel, footwear. The managers are amazing people and very helpful. Hardest part is probably keeping the kids shoes in check (often see the most traffic.
easy work, management below average
work is easy and boring. you pick up after people and clean up after careless shoppers non stop all day. all customers care about is an additional discount on the items they're purchasing that day and don't care about all the other great benefits nike + accounts offer. very annoying and repetitive
Pros
easy
Cons
boring
Great Coworkers but Sub-par Management
Although you can ask time off, it was generally unlikely you would receive it. The management didn't seem to care much about the workers and were very focused on simply having power. The tasks were repetitive, but my coworkers made the hours worth it.
fun place to work but complete chaos
I made a lot of friends and had a lot of fun, but that was about it. I only got paid $11/hour which seems like a lot but was nothing for the amount of work I had to do every day. There is absolutely no flexibility when it comes to hours, and management is terrible. I only worked there for a few months and I honestly don't understand how people can work there full time. It's pure chaos and most of the managers are on a constant power trip. Overall, Nike has MANY areas to improve on, but I can't lie, it was a pretty fun work environment.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Long Hustle, but in a circle
Although I had above adequate previous work experience and gave a seemingly good enough impression during the opening hiring events, I was not quite outstanding in the beginning months...here were coworkers who applied for and were delegated to other jobs that required more diligence and responsibility. However, I was able to quickly turn it around when I got focused and became so intune with the line-ups and routine that I began to really enjoy my job. I did well enough internally with attendance and basic retention of ethos and practices but I would constantly be sidetracked or teased into picking up after other employees. In the end I got 2 little achievements for signing up to 250 people for their app, without a raise or a promotion (or a relocation which I asked about and applied for several times).
Excellent work environment. The management is amazing. It is a very supportive work place. Such a great atmosphere. I like how erybody works together to make it a better place to work.
Productive and fun workplace
We inspire young people to get active because all kids are Made to Play. We use our voice to stand up for the global challenges facing our world today, like inequality and climate change, while cultivating a culture of inclusion where all employees are empowered to move the world forward through sport.
Relaxed, team oriented workplace with a diverse crew. Feels like family.
Working at the Nike outlet store, Leesburg VA was an awesome opportunity. Not only do you receive great discounts, but the team members there are encouraging and happy to be there. The managers are well trained with years of experience, and any question I ever had was not only answered but I was trained so I didn't have to ask the question again. Not only is the Nike store in Leesburg knowledgable, but also a friendly environment to work and shop at.
Pros
Nike discount, long breaks.
Cool Job
I actually loved it . Seeing the excitement on customers faces made me happy to come to work everyday . Fun Enviorment Great perks of working there amazing place to be .
Nike
Good position and work place. Fun, challenging, fast paced. Opportunity for advancement. Company like to promote from within. Training was constant and changing.
Part time at nike
I am sure people experience different situations at different stores but I have loved my time at nike. The only issue was poor management. Your average day is talking to customers, engaging with fellow employees and wearing a brand you love. There is a lot of flexible that also comes with the job, they do work around your schedule if needed.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
management
Laid back environment
Nike has been a great opportunity for me and I am grateful for the experience they gave me but management is very poor and displeasing. There is a lot of unprofessionalism that goes on at this job and overall wasn't my best work experience. I was very pleased after leaving.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Unprofessional management
Great Job
Nike was a great place to work at. I learned alot in the years i worked there about their culture, product, and overall nature of the business. Unfortunately, I was only PT and had to look for other work. I had great managers and worked with some amazing people.
Pros
Free gear every quarter!
Cons
salary wasn’t enough for where i lived
Nike
For a typical day at Nike, it is a blast. Managers are really nice and always willing to extend a helping hand if needed. I learned a lot about perfecting exceptional customer service, nike product, how to be less anxious when approaching people, and how to be my best self. Around the workplace people are always smiling, interacting and giving advice to one another; there is a perfect balance of work and having fun. Although I usually feel like an outsider most of the time, I cannot deny that Nike is where I feel like my most chatty self. The hardest part of the job is when you first start. Learning to use to checkout registers and the mobiles is where I struggled most. Aside from that, there is usually a not so nice customer here and there (but that's everywhere you go really). The most enjoyable part of the job is entering into work in such a positive atmosphere. Even if I'm feeling a little upset or under the weather, I always leave a little more happier than I did when I came in.
Pros
Staff dress!!
Cons
rude customers :(
Decent seasonal job
I enjoyed meeting new people at Nike and receiving discounts. I wish I was able to work full time instead of part time under. Overall i learned a lot being at Nike, just wasn't paid enough and didn't get enough hours.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
lack of hours
Competitive and Fun Workplace
There were many different competitions we had throughout my time a nike we had races , who could do the most pushups , who could sell the most items in a day it was a very fun experience I recommend others to work there because I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
Horrible experience
The management team was awful, they play favorites with employees. Pay close to minimum wage but expect you to complete management responsibilities. Awful scheduling. Managers gossip about their employees.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay, stressful environment
Overall Pretty Good
I was a senior in high school while working at an outlet branch. Most of the other workers were high schoolers as well, excluding management. Most managers I really, really liked. One of them, who was the hiring manager was stingy about most things. But overall, it was a rewarding, and somewhat easy job. Definitely worth the compensation and clothes!
Fast paced, demanding environment with a positive attitude
A typical day for me would involve working as a cashier in a fast paced and very busy environment. Along with being a cashier I wold also work apparel.
Pros
an hour lunch break, good people, good pay
Cons
very busy, unfriendly customers, demanding
Lively, fun, and exciting workplace
A typical day at Nike was always interesting and never a day the same as the day before. You learn a lot about the Nike brand and technology used in making and designing the shoes and apparel. A very interesting workplace with a lot to learn in. The management at times wasn't the best but that's to be expected from time to time. Everyone I worked with were decent people with their own set of goals and reasons for working there. I enjoyed most of the co-workers but as in most places you have those that would rather goof off or just simply not work. That made some days much longer then others as well as a bit stressful for those who did work. The hardest part of any job is connecting with the co-workers so that the effort is a team effort. In retail there are some who enjoy their work and some who don't which leads to a dysfunctional team and most times this is the case in retail. I so enjoyed learning the different shoes, apparel, and equipment. I enjoyed the team of co-workers I had the pleasure of working with and most of the management team. It is overall a good place to work especially if your athletically inclined.
Pros
You learn a lot about shoes and apparel
Cons
The hours can conflict with your day to day living.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nike. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight