Nike

United States7,632 reviews

Found 7,632 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,580 reviews
amazeclothediscountshoecustombenefitathletehour

College

Good summer job- that's about it. Don't think too hard about what others think. Go in, get your job done, and leave it at that. Find the coworkers and managers that make your life easy

Sense of belonging and great work/life balance

As long as you show management you belong and come to work with a sense of urgency and self-determination, you can easily integrate into the culture and enjoy your time with this company.

Fun coworkers, terrible management

Honestly, you make the best of it when you have great coworkers, they become your friends quickly. Management sucks thought. They are like the epitome of highschool English teachers who know all the drama and spill tea to each other.

Really fun environment

I enjoyed my time at the Nike Outlet Store in Montehiedra mall, San Juan, Puerto Rico. The environment is really fun, management is cool and benefits are great. I didn't enjoy the fact that we didn't have security in the store as some customers would come and steal and get really hostile with the workers. That was a minimum though, but usually to be expected at least once a week.

Pros

mandatory paid breaks, really cool employee only space, great discounts

Cons

Dealing with really rude customers and lack of security in store

Great work schedule but long days

I love the work schedule but when work is slow the days drag. The pay is good and they show there appreciation for the employees. The only thing that sucks is hr they are hard to get ahold of and have messed up pay

Pros

Hi

Fun but…

Coworkers are fun, vibes are good, but customers can be mean. Discount is very very nice. Managers are dope. Shifts are tolerable. Team bonding before opening or on weekends.

Pros

Cool coworkers

Cons

Mean customers

A wonderful place to work.

Based off my time and service working here, it has been outstanding. Nike is a great place to work. The only thing I had issues with was how short the break times was.

Pros

Employee discount and other perks.

Cons

Short breaks.

Great company to work for

Fun and great discounts. Great experience, great atmosphere, positive work environment, awesome coworkers, good hours, decent hourly wage. Would recommend working here if you can get a position

Sales Associate

Best job I’ve ever had just as a part time sales associate ! They do care about their employees, good discount, good coworkers. Nike Vineland in Orlando is the BEST location.

Pros

Coworkers

great place to work

retail stores are fun place to work - nike does a good job of hiring easy personalities. They should hire in-house more for promotions. Store experience is really based on whoever the managers are. If you have good managers at your nike store, things will run smoothly. if not, its an uphill battle.

The sneaker culture

Working for Nike as a company is very cool, fun and interesting. However, if you work at Nike Flushing, be prepared to deal with biased managers, unfair treatment, and unprofessionalism. Only good thing about that store are the discounts.

Meh. I signed up for this.

Worked thru the whole COVID19 pandemic in a retail setting. Underpaid. Little to no growth. While corporate employees get Halfday Friday WFH and we retail folks get nothing. Amazing benefits and discount tho.

Fun and chill

It’s retail so you have to have patience to deal with customers spending hundreds on shoes and clothes and you’ll get attitudes from customers. Have to be social and talkative.

Can be fun at times and very stressful at other times.

Used to be one of my favorite jobs. But the work life balance is not there. They want their employees to work every weekend. Well at least the store I was at. I think a rotation system with weekends would easily solve some of these problems. Also, they will give part time position but give you full time hours.

Retail Sales

Retail in certain states is pretty awful. If you work in a state like Florida for example, the pay is really, really low. Like very low even if you're a college student. The perks of the clothing and shoes was nice, and some interesting interactions with customers, but this is as most a summer job for a student. Pay could be much higher.

Productive and fun place to work

This is a great company to work for they care about their employees and have great benefits if you choose to stay with the company. Good opportunity to advance your career

Great company, experience dependent on store

50/50, and here’s why based on pay, culture, and benefits. Overall rating, 5 stars for the company, 1 star for my store. As is the case with many places, the company is a great company but the store falls short of trickling company values and attributes down, so the potential experience falls short.To be fair, Nike does pay it’s associates more than most retailers. And on top of that they offer full benefits and basically uncapped pto accrual. After 200 hours, you have to use some but you still accrue more pto while you’re out on pto. Not too bad. You also get Christmas, Thanksgiving, and June 19th as paid holidays off. All other holidays you either get an extra day off during the week the holiday falls in and a paid day or you can work on the holiday and get the paid holiday (8hours) + time and a half for the hours actually worked. More than generous.My gripe is that they don’t compensate managers fairly based on experience, responsibilities, or tenure. The communication is sub par between management, there’s more talk about work and less actual work to lessen the workload. The sky is always falling and no one seems to consider in the moment of panic that this is retail, the job is never “done” and that’s just part of the job description. Instead of leading with positivity and fostering excitement about teamwork and what can be accomplished and then accomplishing it, it’s sighing and overreacting to the tasks that haven’t been completed. The team feels all of that. The athletes that show up optimistic and ready to roll up their sleeves and please, they feel like their contributions -

Great.

Inclusive environment + 40% discount, There are a lot of learning experience opportunities/ cross training that help you elevate internally in the company. I recommend Nike to all my friends.

productive and fun

been here 5 years great benefits and room for growth in company. As a gym and basketball court. have clubs u can join. Bonus and shoe give aways 401k and Nike stock program

Good Culture, Solid Discount.

In terms of a retail job, it is pretty solid. The work itself is pretty easy and not too stressful. Moving up can be difficult and have some politics involved. Overall, a good place to work.

Fun place to work and meet a lot of great people

Working in the back could be stressful at times when management would overload us with incoming products that we needed to push to the floor. Management will not give any feedback or advice unless you directly ask them. Got let go because no feedback was given in the six months I worked there.

Common questions about Nike

Answered by current and former employees at Nike

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nike. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Nike with

• Nike
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?