Nike

Found 1,432 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,403 reviews

Nike insights

Based on 2,157 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose

Cool

Featured review

Nike selected this as a representative review
Real home experience down to earth staff. Love how everyone treat each other like real family plus the discount‼️ love the gear as well great job for anyone

Needs better mgmt and better pay for the work we do

I work at the Frayser location and I'm very unhappy here and I feel unappreciated. I was so excited when I started working here, because I heard so many good things. Being here now all that has changed, you work 4 days 3 days off 10 hour shifts from 6am-4:30p. If you have to work overtime you have to work 12 hours 6am-6pm with (1) 30 min paid break on the front end around 9am and (1) 45 minute lunch around 1pm after that your work from 1:45 to 6p straight no more breaks. By time you get off you're burned out and tired. Management is poor. Only so many people can use their floating holidays for holidays, and it's usually the same people, so lots of favortism. They gave a raise to mid and night shift (apparently per their words it's hard to find people for night shift). It's not fair at all because we work just as hard as the other shifts and we deserve a raise too. The pay is currently $15/hr they were giving us 20 percent more, but took that away TWICE. They took away time and half for holidays and gave us Floating holidays, ,but only so many people can take off on holidays so it's not really beneficial. Oh and if you have to work a holiday it's straight time. We work hard with very little appreciation and compensation. They care more about shoes going out then they do the employees that ship the shoes out. I wouldn't recommend this job unless it's temporarily.

Pros

Discounts and co workers work hard

Cons

Pay, work life balance, management, hours, benefits are ok, health insurance is high

Enjoy my fellow employees at the time

The pay sucked ,especially having someone get hired after you coming in making more than you . Discounts are great incentives but they giveaway was defective items so.

Don't Let Nike Fool You!

Company is good to work for if you have a strong political background. You have to have fire under your feet ready to go to war everyday you go to work.

Pros

Free shoes and cloths, great pay and benefits.

Cons

Very political, unfair management no real setup for success.

Could be better

Things would be great if managers weren’t shady liars who show favoritism and make others work hard while letting their favorite employees do nothing at all.

Pros

Benefits, discount, days off

Cons

Management, favoritism

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Great Company Terrible Employees

Terrible leadership including management and ops specialist…. There’s no professionalism at all at this location in Memphis on Tuggle Rd. Nike is a great company but I wouldn’t recommend this location to a homeless person. No opportunities for advancement because managers are afraid of losing employees

Pros

Discounts

Boring

Horrible that don’t pay attention to the safety that’s required to keep people safe. People get hurt in ware houses because the company doesn’t care about us

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long hrs

great benefits, and plenty room for advancement. a nice place to work and move up the ladder

Meet great people created great friendships there! pretty much on your feet but steady moving to the work and always be ready to get crossed trained when other areas may need a helping hand.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

stay away from messy people

Good company, terrible employees

The work is pretty easy. Its an awesome job to have but poor management on top of nike allowing workers to bully other workers that they assume are slow makes it a very hostile work environment.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Dealing with poor management and bottom of barrel workers

poor management

entry level employees are underpaid, they’ll move you around to every department in the warehouse and physically drain you. all they care about is production even though the work flow isn’t steady. they call overtime at the last minute and do not care what you already have planned or if you have another job. when you actually work your overtime day there’s not consistent work.

Pros

discount paid time off

Cons

overtime, inconsistent work, horrible management

It’s cool

Cool job with cool people. It’s busy work so you don’t really have time to get bored. I had a hard time adjusting to the walking the long distances and the amount of walking done on a 12 hour shift but once you become accustomed to it, it’s supper easy

I love it

I love this job it really meant a lot to me and i loved waking up smiling every morning knowing I’m going to Nike i wouldn’t replace it for anything in the world !

Good place to work!!

Nike cares about their employees and I would always recommend working for them over anybody else. The pay is great and they always have opportunities for advancement.

Terrible

62 year old woman I started out loving my job and happy to be employed after losing my office job due to COVID pandemic. I went to work eager to learn and do a great job however the position of picking was not a good fit for me it was hard on my back and arms shoulders constantly having to push and pull heavy carts lift heavy totes I went to the doctor and my doctor sent in paper work for accommodations and Nike did not accept my accommodations they said I could apply for another position however they could mot transfer me to another Dept Nike has young employees setting in cages padding out equipment working less strenuous jobs but do not look out for there seniors at all which I feel is not a good thing especially when you have great work ethnics and are responsible show up on time Ect so in my openion they should not deny anyone accommodations when there are plenty positions that don’t cause such pain and stress on your body if you have accommodations they should be accepted

Great company overall

Love the company . I feel like Nike appreciates their employees and does a great job at showing it. Lots of opportunity for growth within the company.

A hard working man

Can be dependable and count on me to make it to work on time and good team leadership easy to get along with during work sessions and respectful to the coworkers and customers reliable to all needs

Pros

Open

Good

It depends...

They have a nice pay, 15 an hour when I startedand 16 when I left. You can get hired really quickly too.. My problem was the extensive work and lack of care from management. They expect me to never check my phone as if I don't have priorities other than that job. I hate it when companies do that. I NEED to beable to check my phone. The schedule is 3 days a week but it's 12 hour shifts. That depends on you. There is also a shift 4 days a week, 10 hour shifts. They have 2 great cafeterias and a nice pay but the work is extremely draining. Not hard but draining. You're inside a factory the entire time directed by leads to continue working until break. Hours are not flexible which to an extent is good. I like having a nonchanging schedule. Just make sure if you're missing work to call off.

Pros

Nice pay, nice food, 4 days off plus overtime opportunity, other benefits, Move around to different positions and different pay

Cons

Factory work, No sitting, no phones, you work hard but they wont work hard for you

A fun and productive place to work at with in a great environment

I enjoyed working at Nike. It's a great career to be part of and grow. People were friendly, managers were fair and understanding. And they gave good bonuses for your hard work.

Pros

A kitchen with good cooked food with at great price

Cons

7 mandatory days of working during overtime all month long.

Production

Just go to work and do your work. Don’t try to make friends. All about good quality, good presentation, and good production. Attendance has to be good too.

Pros

In my own space packing

Cons

Short breaks

Production is fun and best coworkers ever

The job comes with its pros and cons but overall it’s fun you work at your own pace as long as the job gets done before the end of your shift just don’t have that many full time opportunities

Fun place to work

Awesome company to work for. Really a worklife balance. I love the time I spent there. However, I felt like I needed to leave for career advancement!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nike. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Nike.
Powered byComparably