Nike Employee Review

Fun atmosphere and great if you enjoy sneakers!
Sales / Visual Display / Cashier / Stock (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2013
Working at Nike was fun and had great benefits as far as discounts. You are able to use your discount online and as well as in store. Typical work day includes dealing with customers and assisting them on find the right shoe or apparel. Easy stuff.

Pros:
*Discount
*First dibs on new product
*Jordan retro releases if lucky
*Fun people that share same interest
*Uniform is basketball shorts and T shirt

Cons:

*Minimum wage!!! If you work in footwear then at least some commission sales to separate yourself and motivate you.

*They do not advance within company (Retail level), I've met people who have been there for 4 years and in the same position they were hired for (maybe a dollar raise over everybody else).

*They only hire on part / seasonal workers in quantities of 20-30 which cuts everybody's hours into 4 hour daily shifts. SUCKS if you drive far to go there ( ME )

*Basically you are replaceable in their eyes, Ive seen at least 200 people come and go in a matter of 1 year.

*The management is on point with breaks and organizations with the employees but build up hope of false promotions for employees to progress during hiring process and team huddles.

*When asked about furthering my career in Nike as far as Footwear Design and Headquarters opportunities, my reply from the "G.M." was " Look on Google". WTF??? Nike G.M. tells me to Google how to make Nike sneakers and further my Career with Nike by looking on Google ???

*Basically don't expect to be promoted or go corporate with Nike in a retail store like I did. Management only cares about daily
  more... goals and other managers not "employees". If you decide to work there then the only thing you will enjoy is the discount but most of your paycheck will go towards that unfortunately. NIKE wins either way :)  less
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No advancement and minimum wage

Other Nike Employee Reviews

GREAT Employer
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 20, 2018
Nike takes care of their employees. They do require 200% from each employee. Benefits are amazing. Very competitive business. Encouraged employees on a daily basis and worked with the ones that were not meeting quota.
Many advancement opportunities.

the downside. Nike will work you to death if you allow them. A 40/hr week job can easily turn into a 60/hr week job. All salaried. No overtime.

I traveled a lot which took me away from my family.
Pros
Excellent Employer
Cons
A lot of work hours required
Basic
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 19, 2018
Difficult moving up in the company. Expect a lot out of you for little pay. It’s all about who you know when it comes to moving up. Hard work often goes inn
Pros
Easy
Cons
Lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nike. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.8K
41.8K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight