Nilfisk

Nilfisk Employee Reviews

United States76 reviews
The management cares about you and your family. During the pandemic they were quick to make accommodations and send office employees home to work remotely and production employees were given choice to take furlough if had a weakened immune system. Otherwise the company took strict sanitary precautions for all employees still working.
I enjoyed working there, but there was a lot of favoritism and racism. The company is headquartered out of Denmark, so anyone that is not Danish can feel belittled. The company was not willing to adjust pricing in order to be more competitive in the market. Relatively decent systems in place, but not enough support from leadership to make improvements.
Nilfisk is a Global industry, supplying businesses with top of the line cleaning equipment for their needs. Every day activity at Nilfisk Pressure Pro, is exciting, growing, and inspiring employees for the future with Innovative thinkers.
On the surface, Nilfisk looks like a great place to work. Don't be fooled! You have a toxic culture the has been fueled by inefficient management. It taints everything you do even if you think you can rise above it. Some folks have been there 30 years. They're not about to change. That would require them to actually learn something new. Trust me, they're not up to it. If you try to change something, you're in trouble. A couple of these people should still be using a rock and chisel to communicate. Need help from HR? LOL Now that's a laugh! Company is having a hard time meeting numbers for shareholders so hiring is at a minimum. Jobs constantly eliminated, outsourced, etc. There are lots of other great places to work in Northwest Arkansas. Forget about this place! UGH!
Very good management team and they are very open minded. There is room to grow and it was a very rewarding job. I would suggest this company to everyone.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lots of overtime
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Danish company with American satellite offices. Not a global company striving for inclusion and transparency. The shareholder is the biggest priority at all cost to the employee. Trust of Executive Daish Management is very difficult.
Job was part time temporary position. Culture was very laid back. Had to look for work to do. Typical day was very slow pace. Employees were very nice.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not enough work to do each day.
the culture was superior until there was a shift in Senior Management, and it didn't take long for everything to change
That is all I have to say at this time
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
It's a job close to home, Used to be fun. now it is not fun. LT is very conservative and the company has had 4 different CEO's and equal number of "strategies" over the last 8 years. Some Colleagues have had up to 11 different managers in the last 3 years. Always changing - never settled. This provides a culture of uncertainty.
A fun place to work. You need to be an initiator and have good responsibility of projects. Very good support from cross functional teams. The most enjoyable part is that the colleagues are very supportive and cooperative.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nilfisk?
It is an insanely busy company. All positions need to engage and get their hands dirty for success. Good opportunities but with that comes challenges as well
I was able to work remotely as I began my educational career path in another direction. I truly felt that this company had placed their faith and trust in me to fulfill my duties. This motivated me to be an even better employee.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
coordinating telecommunication events
My experience was that intentions were good but implementation was 180 degrees in the opposite direction. There was little professional integrity in the customer service department.
Not a good place to work. Toxic environment. This company once had a proud history as Advance Machine, employing manufacturing personnel in the Machinists Union, and now has reduced the building and quality of their product to a whimper, at a much downsized facility, of what it used to be, transferring their manufacturing to Mexico, and producing a far inferior product to what it was in the past. I was called in to do the engineering testing of one of their first major machines made in Mexico. Very poor quality compared to their original product. Most of their original staff has left the company for these reasons.
Pros
Pay is competitive
Cons
Culture is very poor.
great place to work. would go back and work there again if i could. loved my boss and the environment. i would refer this job to anyone. great career opportunity. great pay and benefits.i learned shipping and recieveing. how to print labels and how to pull orders directly from the shelf. i got the opportunity to meet new people. hardest part of the job was running up and down the stairs all the time. we also stacked pallets and loaded semi trailors with the shipments when a pallet was full and ready to ship. our HR department was great as well . they listened and was very understanding when the employees had issues outside of work. they offer great pay when you are hired on full time thru the company. some of the employees have been there for 30 years since Nilfisk first opened.
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
12 hour work days
Lots of reorg and restructure going on every week, little sense of direction. The new office isn't bad but there seemed to be little job security as more and more jobs were getting eliminated.
Nilfisk is a company with an incredible history, with presence in many countries and with multicultural environment.

It is always looking for ways to reorganize itself for be better.

I enjoyed the challenges and the opportunities provided.
Pros
Solid company, multinational presence, multicultural emvironment.
Cons
Constant changes in top management (3 CEO in 5 years).
Very poorly managed at the upper levels of management. No accountability. Portfolio management is virtually non-existent. Most of the initiatives and product direction activities are determined by consultants.
Management and the union relationship caused disfunction. Very little teamwork. Managers did not team up with other managers.

Union did not trust management resulting in a lack of teamwork as well as excessive productivity losses.
There is minimal involvement from managerial staff. My manager is a great guy to work for, but I plan my work, and am responsible for everything that happens out here. This is a great job for a self-motivated, quick learned, who doesn't mind working long hours with little support.
Was not a good experience to work there. Fellow employees were rude and a CYA attitude, you were thrown under the bus continually. There were too many people eating lunch at there desk, the keyboard I inherited was disgusting!