Nilfisk Employee Reviews

Company in transition
not disclosed (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 21, 2018
• Used to be an excellent place to work!
• US management is now controlled by Denmark.
• Many jobs are being outsourced at this time.
• Company cares more about their finances than their employees.
• Cubicles layout is tight, and too open with too many distractions.
• New management does not have your back.
Almost like being self employed.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 22, 2018
Great place to work. Pretty much on you own where you don't have anyone looking over your shoulder. Just sync your computer and go to work. Requires a lot of driving but you have a company van and support just a phone call away if needed.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Behind on the salary.
Great HR Team
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 15, 2017
I loved working here and was only on a temporary assignment
I would have stayed if they needed me. Team got along great and did a lot to help each other out.
Pros
Great Food Selections
Great Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Nilfisk looks like a young Corporate, very dynamic, young management. A lot of initiatives and now is also a public corporate.
Very good products and great environment.
Great place to work!
Service Dispatch Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 29, 2017
Nilfisk has a wonderful culture and it is great to work there. However, from a customer service standpoint, there is not much room to advance or grow within the company. Typical days are non-stop from the moment we arrive to the moment you leave. Very busy days and not much time to calm down. The team and management makes the day enjoyable and do what they can to make sure we have fun at work.
Pros
Potlucks, teamwork, benefits, pay
Cons
Commute in some cases, continual fast pace, attendance of other team members
Simple days
Mechanical Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 23, 2017
Every day, once I get into the office, I'll sit at my desk, punch in, and go through the email that I didn't have a chance to sit down to do the prior day.
After email, I'll get up and go into the lab. Make sure all my tests are running sufficiently, do all my monitoring. Once the monitoring is done, I'll do a fast clean up to make sure all the tools in my area are in the correct locations.
After I've finished monitoring, and cleaning everything, I'll look at current fixtures, and diagrams and try to improve them in one way or another. I'll also look at LabVIEW programming and play with the functions to try to learn more of the programming.
Currently I'm writing SOP's on how to do certain testing, as well as failure analysis, and also working on the electrical ladder diagrams for new fixtures.
I think management is definitely something that needs work, but I know that's a constant battle with how busy the managers are here. They do take the time to try to stay in touch with you a few times a week, which is a good thing.
The most difficult part of my job, is trying to see what different engineers want to look for in test results. They might have different ideas of what they want compared to the Test Engineer, so I've got to be able to find the time to communicate with everyone to ensure the test is run properly, to attain the desired results.
I love when I'm able to design a new fixture successfully, and see it used in more testing beyond what I made it for. I also enjoy when I have a test running that gets positive results from the component being tested. It tells
  more... me that I'm setting everything up correctly.  less
Pros
Flexible hours when need be.
Cons
Forced lunch breaks.
Rotating door
Director Innovation & Growth (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 28, 2017
The company is going through a reorg which is de-stabling. People are nice. Leadership has no strategy. The complete leadership (except for 2) recycled in 12 months.
Good oportunities to grow
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Queretaro mexicoSeptember 30, 2016
Nilfisk has a strong culture of Internal Promotions. They encourage you to grow and learn.

Sadly I had to go because I change my city of residence, but I was promoted there 2 times in the 3 years I was there.
Pros
Promotions
Productive work atmosphere
Sr. Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 15, 2016
The work atmosphere fosters growth in the individual. The people I worked with were all positive and uplifting. The culture of the people may be classified as fun.
Pros
Free lunches when buisness is good
Cons
Large company with good benefits.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 1, 2016
I enjoyed every day because there was so much to learn. The hardest part of the job was having enough time to get everything done.
Production department was a well tuned team
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAFebruary 5, 2014
My typical day was to show up and review open orders. I would assign orders to employees per their proficiencies.
I learned a lot about employee management, quality control production scheduling, customer service, electronic, electrical and mechanical assembly processes. We all worked very hard together to meet timelines efficiently. The most unfavorable part of the job was upper managements inability to except ideas from us warehouse workers.
Pros
Very friendly fast paced place to work.
Cons
very bad attitudes from upper management.