Nina McLemore, Inc

Nina McLemore, Inc Employee Reviews

Poorly run and unpleasant environment here.
To preface my remarks below, I have really enjoyed the industry and the challenges it presents for my career.
.I was steered in the direction of Nina McLemore by a retail boutique owner with the admonishment that it would be the best or the worst job choice. It turned out to be the later.

High expectations and no assistance to achieve goals, etc. Designed for failure; the turnover at this company is amazing. In my short tenure there three CFOs were there and left.

Toxic environment.
Pros
none.
Cons
most.
Owner not good at management
Owner not good leader or Manager. Not respectful of employees
Business fills a good niche in market and good be more successful if was run better.

Very high turnover
Enjoy It!
Designer label that truly cares about product and customers. Lots of room for promotion and advancement opportunities. Small business so you get to see all aspects of business. Very fast paced and lots of responsibility. Light management over site so you have to be doing your job, there's no room for slacking here! I enjoy that Nina is involved in her business and has an open door.
Pros
as long as you work hard, you are acknowledged and rewarded
Cons
too often lightly staffed so you have to take on additional responsibilities, but you get to learn something new
perfect flexible job following a successful full time career
I have worked for the firm for over 15 years after a successful career as an executive in the consulting industry. I didn't want to retire but did want to do something that enabled me to have more personal time for myself and my family. My role as an independent rep has been perfect. I have access to a great product and have enjoyed building a successful business with wonderful long term client relationships. Company is small enough that my voice is heard. The job has enough flexibility that I am able to pursue many other interests and activities that I never had time for when working full time.
Pros
the product, fact that designer is in touch with clients' needs and wants, client relationships
Cons
systems can be improved.
A Very Negative Experience
Systems are outdated, managers are unprofessional and not friendly, work environment is stressful. There is no real training for new employees, no communication among managers and employees, and lots of gossip.

There is a high rate of employee turnover, new people coming in and experienced employees leaving, resulting in a perpetual and consistent daily chaos.

In all, a very negative experience.
Pros
A good opportunity to learn how a company should NOT be operated.
Cons
Long hours, lack of appreciation and compassion from management, never a possibility of a salary review.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Sad and Toxic Environment
Sadly, I don't have five positive words. Some amazing talent, but not appreciated. People were job searching during working hours and made no attempt to be discreet about it. A real employee revolving door here. Run, don't walk, as fast as you can in the opposite direction!
Sorry, but true.
Pros
The times the owner is traveling and out of office.
Cons
Unreal expectations, extra "project" workload, outdated systems, office a mess of clutter
Steer clear of this "charming" place
Due to the revolving door of employees constantly coming and going, the company is in a constant state of chaos.
In the last three years, there have been approx 6 Production Managers, 7 CFO's, countless Marketing & Customer Service Managers and the list goes on.

The job you were hired for, is not the job you end up doing. Everything is misrepresented, or over glamorized, or understated in the job description and the job interview. But once you start working, its too late to leave and too late to object.

Sooner or later, all the employees wise up and leave, hence the revolving door continues.

In other words, all the intellectual capital is lost, and the chaos continues.

Stop blaming the employees for the current no-win situation you have set up.
Pros
When the boss/owner is out of town or on the road. Left over food from sales meeting
Cons
Deplorable working conditions in the back room. The boss/owners nasty disposition, and mean spirited attitude.
Luxury showroom with its ups and downs
Stability is an issue here. New teams members brought in often, as many old members resign. Small team under the direct control of designer, who can be a challenge to work with. (Seems to be out of touch with employees and what they do. And does not value others' ideas/opinions to advance business.

Can often be pulled from what you're doing to do something which may not seem like a priority or asked to do something you have not been trained for. Sometimes thrown in the way of unhappy customers.

Although bright and sunny, showroom is in grave need of updating (it is a luxury brand after all). Also, customer service department is a mess, and website is very poorly done. Somehow these topics are not a priority though...

Despite obvious stress, MOST of the staff members manage to be friendly, welcoming and happy to teach you what they can.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers, Hands on experience
Cons
Management, Unstable environment, Stressful
Great enviornment, great place to learn
I get to work between 8:30 and 8:45 and prepare for the day. Every day, around 8:45 my Coworker’s start to come in the office to start their day. Most of them want to chat a little bit while they have their morning coffee and breakfast before they begin their morning work. At 9:00 I begin to answer emails and take care of urgent matters with our vendors. I then start my morning cash reports, which takes between 30 -45mins to complete. After I’m done with my reports I code and enter invoices, return some phone calls, and start and/or complete projects for the CFO or CEO. This continues well throughout the course of my day. There is always something to do. Each day is different, but they always start the same.
Pros
Great products and respected industry recognition.
Cons
Systems are a bit outdated
Work Work Work
Working for Nina McLemore Inc. can be very challenging. No two days are seldom the same, so I constantly have to continue to learn and adapt to new situations. I am required to use a great deal of professional judgment to make appropriate decisions. I've learned a wealth of information in accounting, and professionalism. This job has giving me the tools to be sucessful no matter what the obstacle is. I'm am very gratful that I have recieved the opportunity to work for Nina McLemore Inc.
This is a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Information is very time sensitive and needs to be processed in a timely fashion. Also, much accounting work requires us(NM Staff) to work as a team. This helps in the completion of projects as well as the spreading of knowledge between my deptartment.
Pros
a very diverse environment where for the most art employees were able to get along with each other.
Cons
n/a
constant turnover and very low morale
extremely long hours expected year round;no appreciation noted by owner;office is over crowded and dirty;no long-time employees in production; very little clear direction or training; hostile environment;systems are outdated; owner is verbally abusive.
Cons
hostile environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nina McLemore, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7