Ninety Nine Restaurant & Pub Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment with great coworkers
Server (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MAJanuary 11, 2019
Seasonally a lot busier during summer months. Good employees typically make good money it all depends on how invested you are to being good at your job. Lazy employees won't do well here. The staff is filled with great employees from kitchen to service. Company does great charitable fundraisers to give back throughout the year. I have enjoyed working with this company for over the last 2 years.
Pros
Fun environment with great coworkers and management
Cons
Expect to work most weekends and holidays
Fast-paced and fun
Food Server & Hostess (Former Employee) –  Stoneham, MAOctober 23, 2018
At the 99 I mostly worked nights. It was somewhat of a competitive culture where everyone wants the better sections and the bigger tables. We only make money if the people tip us. Larger parties, larger bills, hopefully, more money.
Here, I learned a lot on cleanliness and organization. Sometimes, the long hours and back-to-back days, nights, and doubles can wear on your body. Especially your feet.
The customers were the best part of the job. Getting to talk to all different people all the time. Some that came in all the time and some that had never been in before. Other times, when people had too much to drink, it could be difficult to figure out when and how to shut them off without angering them too much.
Pros
Money could sometimes be great
Cons
Short breaks, if any. Never knew how much you would make
99 restaurants
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 23, 2018
I worked a lot of hours at the 99 restaurants. Ususally 50 or more hours per week. Not a lot of time for work/life balance. The culture is strong there though.
Reliable
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CTMay 10, 2018
The job is often hard and quite often more of a hassle than anything else. The management team really rides into its employees, doesn't give them breaks very often and nearly never gives raises as they should (in my case it was two years overdue and i still had to fight for it). But the employees create a welcoming environment and getting along with people is easy.
Fun and Friendly
Hostess (Former Employee) –  West Concord, MADecember 6, 2018
I loved working here. The management was easy to work with and flexible to my schedule. The work was always interesting. I got used to regular customers that were kind and even some that weren't so kind but I still found endearing in some way or another. It was a happy place to work even on the toughest days. I'd go back if I was able to continue working within that pay range.
Pros
Discounted meals
It was a fun place to work
Front of the House Manager & Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJuly 2, 2018
Management were the best I ever worked with. The culture was awesome. It started at the top and went all the way down. The most enjoyable part were the guests.
Pros
everything
Cons
when it was sold
good management cooks half the time they dont take pride in their work
Cook Associate, Brockton & North (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 19, 2018
My mum ordered a steak for takeout at this location. It was the highest priced one, the Prime Rib. Not only was it undercooked at medium rare when it was ordered medium, it was also the fattiest toughest piece of meat she had ever eaten. It didn't cut easy, and it was so difficult to eat, she literally choked on the meat, literally almost a death. This is prime rib we are talking about. No prime rib is the awful quality of what we got tonight. After calling to alert the manager about this problem, we only got an "I am sorry". No refund, no gift card, nothing to compensate for their utter trash. We will never go to this restaurant again for any reason whatsoever. A zero star is proper for this restaurant
Terrible Management
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTSeptember 4, 2018
The job itself wasn't bad (albeit a bit gross sometimes), but the pay could have been higher and the management was terribly rude and never took my disability seriously. The general manager repeatedly tried to cut my breaks short even after I mentioned that the law required him to allow me longer breaks, whether or not I had a disability. Unbelievable.
Pros
Positive coworkers
Cons
Poor management, messy work
Hostile environment/poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MASeptember 21, 2018
management calls people names behind their backs, talks to other employees about them, retaliates against you by taking away shifts, speaks in public with employees about things that should be addressed behind closed doors. Some type of harassment either to me or others on every shift, Unacceptable.
Pros
good money, great customers.
Cons
poor management
Company has some problems
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Norwich, CTSeptember 18, 2018
First they took vacation time from everyone unless you hit a certain amount of hours and than gave it back to the kitchen staff and not the servers.
2nd management changes too frequently
Pros
Half off meals while working
Cons
No vacation time, health care isnt great
Great job. bad career. slow to no raise.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 14, 2018
Very stagnant advancement system. Out of house management hiring. If you wish to earn a raise be prepared to fight for it. As an employee i felt unappreciated.
Pros
Half off food when you work.
Cons
Kitchen manager makes physical threats.
Good job if you like the environment
Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MASeptember 12, 2018
You have to really like working in the environment to like the job. There are too many negative aspects within the environment that were not ideal for me as an individual.
Pros
Discounts on food, mangers were nice
Cons
Stressful, Long hours
A good wiork culture
Restaurant Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAOctober 15, 2018
A good work culture. The company tries and succeeds to treat employees with respect. It provides a good product and excellent value to its guests. It strives to constantly improve.
Not exactly a career choice.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 31, 2018
The work was always a fast pace environment, but that was to be expected. A typical day was just making dishes or washing dishes if they were short on staff. While the job was pretty easy and repetitive, it depends on the person you are because they do have favorites. Some people were promoted much faster or got wage increase due to favoritism. There isn't really much else to go on, it's an okay starting job at best. But I wouldn't recommend it as a career option.
Pros
Free Food, Semi-Flexable Work Schedule.
Cons
Favoritsim, Lack of advancement opportunity
Great friendly environment. The benefits are so-so
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2018
Good place to work to make some extra cash. The management is friendly and accommodating towards time off and other incentives. I liked the team I worked with the most.
High
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAAugust 24, 2018
I have enjoyed working the time I have been at the 99. My coworkers are nice and we all get along. Management also jokes around with us making it a fun work environment. As for the pay; it depends on your personality as a server!
Pros
Good teamwork, nice management
Some Locations Foster Relentless Success
FIRST COOK (Current Employee) –  Hudson, MAFebruary 20, 2018
I advanced pretty far as a cook, could have been easier to get promoted if management was always true to their promises. A lot of great cooking procedures. Focused and organized kitchen professionals will go far in this company.
Pros
Teamwork opportunities, benefits, flexible hours, food safety knowledge.
Cons
Usually have to work yourself into the ground to get promoted.
99 is open opportunity with a flexible schedule
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTAugust 30, 2018
I worked for this company for over 11 years. I'm grateful for their flexibility and room to grow within the company. I do wish that they acknowledged staff more for their efforts and the company as a whole with vacation time for those who worked there for over so many years even though only around 20 hours. Yet, I would highly recommend this facility to work.
Upbeat Crew
Bartender/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Littleton, NHJuly 23, 2018
*Fun staff
*Very black and white. Never any guess work
*Friendly helpful management team
*Made you feel like your family
*Best regulars around. Lots of laughs.
*Everyone does their job well here.
Proud to work for this company
Bartender/ server (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJanuary 9, 2019
I have been employed at this company for 23 years.
I have always been very proud to work for this company. As with many companies today the cuts made on a daily basis to control costs become extremely frustrating. My particular location is community based and I feel very lucky to serve and build relationships with so many people in my town.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ninety Nine Restaurant & Pub. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight