Ninety Nine Restaurant & Pub Employee Reviews

The 99
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAMarch 16, 2019
Great job to work at while I was figuring out what I wanted to do career-wise. Flexible and weekly pay were great too. I worked at several different 99 locations.
It was alright
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAFebruary 27, 2019
Typical day at work is when you walk in, punch in and get to doing your duties until you are cut by a manager. I was able to learn how a typical restraunt setting works. Its obviously a very busy and fast pased culture. The most enjoyable part? Getting those tips.
I still go out to eat there
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAFebruary 25, 2019
As far as restaurants go, its the best chain I've worked in. They are organized and well-managed. Its stressful like any restaurant job, but I saw more teamwork in this place than in other restaurants and that goes a long way.
Great food and people!
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTFebruary 21, 2019
-Great atmosphere
-Management is great
-Great vibes, positive attitudes
-The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers
-The most enjoyable part of the job is being surrounded by positive people and great food!
fun workplace
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAFebruary 18, 2019
good for learning your way around the kitchen. people are helpful patient and willing to work with your schedule. was able to quickly learn everything with very little experience to start
good but flawed.
Line Cook / First Cook (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTFebruary 11, 2019
It is a good company. I thought the environment was a beneficial one for people just starting in the cooking industry but does not do much to advance the employee once they've become proficient in a particular area. Advancement is an aspect that is complicated and slow-footed.
Comfortable seating and fast service.
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NYJanuary 26, 2019
I enjoy serving customers and helping others when needed. I learned communication and customer service skills. My typical day at work is to be on my feet, fast passed, and to meet company goals and sales.
Pros
E-Club promotions
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, no paid vacation
Great Place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 25, 2019
The Ninety Nines was one of the best places that i worked as a dishwasher,. The pay was awesome and the people were great. I have no complaints about this company at all.
Not much for advancement
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIJanuary 15, 2019
If you like being stuck in the same role than this is for you...but if you’re looking to move up...move on!! Not a bad company to work for, they just didn’t live up to their promises of advancement and training.
Fast paced environment with great coworkers
Server (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MAJanuary 11, 2019
Seasonally a lot busier during summer months. Good employees typically make good money it all depends on how invested you are to being good at your job. Lazy employees won't do well here. The staff is filled with great employees from kitchen to service. Company does great charitable fundraisers to give back throughout the year. I have enjoyed working with this company for over the last 2 years.
Pros
Fun environment with great coworkers and management
Cons
Expect to work most weekends and holidays
Proud to work for this company
Bartender/ server (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJanuary 9, 2019
I have been employed at this company for 23 years.
I have always been very proud to work for this company. As with many companies today the cuts made on a daily basis to control costs become extremely frustrating. My particular location is community based and I feel very lucky to serve and build relationships with so many people in my town.
good management cooks half the time they dont take pride in their work
Cook Associate, Brockton & North (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 19, 2018
My mum ordered a steak for takeout at this location. It was the highest priced one, the Prime Rib. Not only was it undercooked at medium rare when it was ordered medium, it was also the fattiest toughest piece of meat she had ever eaten. It didn't cut easy, and it was so difficult to eat, she literally choked on the meat, literally almost a death. This is prime rib we are talking about. No prime rib is the awful quality of what we got tonight. After calling to alert the manager about this problem, we only got an "I am sorry". No refund, no gift card, nothing to compensate for their utter trash. We will never go to this restaurant again for any reason whatsoever. A zero star is proper for this restaurant
Fun and Friendly
Hostess (Former Employee) –  West Concord, MADecember 6, 2018
I loved working here. The management was easy to work with and flexible to my schedule. The work was always interesting. I got used to regular customers that were kind and even some that weren't so kind but I still found endearing in some way or another. It was a happy place to work even on the toughest days. I'd go back if I was able to continue working within that pay range.
Pros
Discounted meals
Awesome food!
Crew Member• Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MAOctober 25, 2018
The best part about working at the 99 was the free food during the paid training. LoL! just kidding it was an amazing atmosphere and you could tell that the people that worked there actually cared about what was going on not only with the business of things but about the customers.
99 restaurants
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 23, 2018
I worked a lot of hours at the 99 restaurants. Ususally 50 or more hours per week. Not a lot of time for work/life balance. The culture is strong there though.
Fast-paced and fun
Food Server & Hostess (Former Employee) –  Stoneham, MAOctober 23, 2018
At the 99 I mostly worked nights. It was somewhat of a competitive culture where everyone wants the better sections and the bigger tables. We only make money if the people tip us. Larger parties, larger bills, hopefully, more money.
Here, I learned a lot on cleanliness and organization. Sometimes, the long hours and back-to-back days, nights, and doubles can wear on your body. Especially your feet.
The customers were the best part of the job. Getting to talk to all different people all the time. Some that came in all the time and some that had never been in before. Other times, when people had too much to drink, it could be difficult to figure out when and how to shut them off without angering them too much.
Pros
Money could sometimes be great
Cons
Short breaks, if any. Never knew how much you would make
A good wiork culture
Restaurant Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAOctober 15, 2018
A good work culture. The company tries and succeeds to treat employees with respect. It provides a good product and excellent value to its guests. It strives to constantly improve.
Fun place to work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAOctober 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. I loved who I worked with. It was a very laid back company to work for. Managers were helpful and other employees were too.
Hostile environment/poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MASeptember 21, 2018
management calls people names behind their backs, talks to other employees about them, retaliates against you by taking away shifts, speaks in public with employees about things that should be addressed behind closed doors. Some type of harassment either to me or others on every shift, Unacceptable.
Pros
good money, great customers.
Cons
poor management
Company has some problems
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Norwich, CTSeptember 18, 2018
First they took vacation time from everyone unless you hit a certain amount of hours and than gave it back to the kitchen staff and not the servers.
2nd management changes too frequently
Pros
Half off meals while working
Cons
No vacation time, health care isnt great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ninety Nine Restaurant & Pub. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight