Nintendo of America Inc. Employee Reviews

Good people bad management.
PRODUCT TEST ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 23, 2019
I enjoyed the time I spent working at NOA, however the management seems to not know what is going on, and not really care about the associates. Of the projects I worked on I only ever stayed on one until completion, almost one of the people who work on projects are credited, often excuses would be given about management has decided to go in a new direction with the testing, or management has decided you don't fit with the team. At one point I was told I was performing tests incorrectly but was never told which tests or how I had been performing them incorrectly.
Pros
Many of the lowlevel FTEs and contract workers are great to work with, The cafeteria has fairly good food for the prices, The store discount, free games and early access to games and other merchandise
Cons
Poor communication from management, Hardware shortages for testing, Extremely slow processes for requisitioning extra hardware or replacement hardware, Little to no room for advancement
work was okay
Associate at Nintendo (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAJanuary 4, 2019
management wasn't so great only because they just didn't care about anything that was going on during work and then scrambled to get things done. But all in all it wasn't a bad place to work.
Fun first job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  redmondDecember 11, 2018
Saying you worked at nintendo is nice but its far from a glamorous job. Be prepared to do what you are told and nothing less or more. Contract position, no benefits, no raises, no recognition.
Pros
discounts on nintendo merch
Cons
contract position
I wish I never left
lead point of contact for major clients (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 30, 2018
As some one who grew up playing Nintendo, I loved the place. The campus offers a food court, soccer field, tennis courts and a few more amenities. worst decision I made was to leave Nintendo... really
Nintendo
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAOctober 28, 2018
Easy to work for and everyone was very nice. My boss was a very nice lady and was very helpful especially when I was just starting. I would highly recommend working for nintendo.
Very good place to work. You will learn a lot.
NOA Distribution Agent (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAOctober 24, 2018
Good company. They cross trained so you would have an understanding of each department plus, you won't get bored. Good people. Good times. Good friends.
Excellent
Retail Ambassador and Senior Staff Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2018
My time here is productive and a constant learning experience. The company taught me many skills to grow and exceed expectations in my role and be comfortable outside of it as well.
Pros
friendly environment and staff
Unless you are a rock star...
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 2, 2018
Nintendo provides pay increases & bonuses similar to Microsoft's policy of getting rid of the lower 10%. If you are in upper management, you can expect to receive high compensation & bonuses.
If you are work hard, are loyal and back the company, you can expect to receive token pay increases and lower bonuses because you are not viewed as being a top performer. Asking for additional work, taking on additional responsiblities does not provide you with promotions or pay increases. You have to play political games and be in with the right people to really succeed here, which is sad.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Benefits
Cons
nepotism, lack of advancement
Can be a fun place if you're into gaming.
Advanced Corporate Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 23, 2018
Nintendo can be an exciting place to work mostly because everyone has heard of it so no need to explain the company. Certain departments are better than others....however, they do run a tight ship mostly because of the parent company is based in Kyoto, Japan and their culture is very rigid.
Pros
Outstanding benefits, Great company functions.
Cons
Low pay, poor management, unfair work environment.
Good place to work overall
Digital Publishing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 22, 2018
If you are into the video game industry there is much to like about Nintendo.

At Nintendo there is a company store where you can purchase Nintendo products at a discount. Most everything at Nintendo is "themed" as such including the conference rooms and cafe. After work people often hang out to play video games with their fellow co-workers.

The newly rebuild campus is very pleasant. As you are working in an office environment they ensure you have desks with adjustable heights, low cubicle walls to allow for collaboration, and decent laptops for everyone who uses them for work. The exterior of the campus is well kept up with walking trails, a soccer field, and basketball/tennis courts.

If you love video games you will love working for Nintendo of America.
Pros
Nice campus, friendly people, and plenty of "gamer" perks.
Cons
Pay is a little lower than it is at neighboring Microsoft.
It's worth any aches or pain
Game Tester (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 17, 2018
Overall, I had a great experience at Nintendo of America from a temp agency. I enjoyed playing video games I've tested and to my surprise I enjoyed submitting bugs. At first, I thought that writing the report would dull and uninteresting. But as I become more engage with my work, the more I tend to enjoy writing up reports on what I found. It's like a game to me and I had to learn how to go by the rules of the game (employment) and it was a lot of fun.
Pros
Cafeteria, 1 hr lunch, meet people, games, benefits
Cons
low paying
Tedious and repetitive work
Redmond - Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 16, 2018
Working for Nintendo was good for me as a gamer... but not so much as an employee, most of the jobs offered are contract based, and if you're unlucky they can just call a meeting and tell you that your entire team is out of a job as the project you were working on has been canceled.
Heckled environment, fun activities
TECHNICAL SUPPORT / CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 7, 2018
Decent entry level job, helps build experience dealing with consumers remotely via phone and email.

Provides a general understanding on brand integrity.

Not much opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free stuff
Cons
Weak leadership
Nope.
Spanish Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 24, 2018
Go in for having the name of a recognized company in your resume. Enjoy the games and the store.

Do not stay for long, they know who their big fans are an will treat them as disposable peons.

Pay is decent in some positions.
Pros
Games.
Cons
Job security, schedules.
I love Nintendo!
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2018
Theres room for improvement when it comes to salary but overall an amazing company to work for. They create a fun easy going environment that I LOVE being a part of.
Productive attention to detail
Game Tester (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 18, 2018
This was a tight security environment. Fun to play games. Learned computer skills and communication skills. Being part of a team is helpful and interactive.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
no benefits
Fun work environment and unique break facility.
Customer Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 8, 2018
It's a very casual work environment where you can go with comfortable cloth without being judged, and this is evident though the fact that there's a lot of employees who love so much this company that decide to embrace the nintendo culture by coming to work dressed up as their favorite nintendo character.
Pros
Products discounts
Cons
Healthcare
Good opportunity
Tier 2 Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA 98052June 5, 2018
Nintendo of America has a relaxing work environment. Most of the employees were very nice. The point system could use a lot of work, as I find it quite unfair for one to lose their job because their bus broke down.
The Best
Louisville Market Representative (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 22, 2018
NOA Has been the best company I have ever worked for

best benefits

best management

i would recommend this job to anybody wanting to get a leg up in the corporate world
Fun but stressful
Customer support (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 6, 2018
I left because of college and I could not do my contract, but when I was there the work was great but dull, you are timed for everything you do so work, bathroom, lunch, so that part was not fun. Other than that all the co-workers were great and some management were helpful too but some were not.
Pros
Nintendo
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nintendo of America Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.