Nintendo

Nintendo Employee Reviews

Good company to work for. Great colleagues and team members.
Great colleagues and team members.
Nintendo of America was a great place to work. The people are friendly, the management is great, the benefits are okay. They pay rate is average for the area. I had opportunities to learn different skills even as a contractor. It was a great place to get entry job and get job experience.

The opportunity to move to other positions is rare. I have known some co-workers that have been there 5+ years and are still contractors. If you are looking for an entry level job to gain experience, it's a great place to work.

Contract job is not guarantee though.
Best Call Center Ever
This is the kind of call center anyone should dream to work at. It is the easiest call center to work at when it comes to the actual job. The hardest part is just dealing with the schedule and the fact that often those making it don't pay attention to your needs. The managers for the most part are looking to make sure that you are not treated as a number and that there's a way for you to advance.
Fun and exciting job, easy to love what you do.
Nintendo is an absolutely wonderful company to work for. Im only a part time brand rep but its well worth it. Compensation is very fair, and the job itself is a blast, though already being a Nintendo/ video game fan and having prior experience in a related field will make your job vastly easier and more enjoyable. Hours and schedule are very flexible and they often give you gifts and exciting products to demo.
Amazing team
Great colleagues and team member, emphasis on efficiency. Great transitions between different projects. There's a strive to nature talent into leadership.
Productive workplace
Really enjoyed my time at Nintendo. Bi-annual bonuses were very nice. I ran production and empowered a feeling of team in my time there. Although my methods were unorthodox, my results were stellar so the methods were accepted.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great company culture
People here are really engaged in their jobs, and enjoy bringing smiles to peoples faces. there are regular activities to bring some fun to the work environment. employees here take pride in their work and collaborate with others to bring the best products and programs to the public
Pros
company culture, great perks
Cons
slow advancement
Retired.
This review is based on past experience. I do not have firsthand information about the current pay structure or culture/working athmosphere. I suggest applying then supply current info to help others with the process.
Sweatshop
They use your strength and dump you after. The first time I worked here I put in great work! I noticed the system used to persuade workers to work harder and faster. They should care more about their workers. Provide incentives.
I wish they hired more employees directly instead of through contract agencies.
Folks assume game testing is 'all fun and games', but it's mostly repetitive work like checklist tasks, writing reports, and responding to bug comments. Beyond that, your mileage will vary depending on who you end up working with, but most of it's pretty good. Most workers are on 11 month capped contracts. Then they have to take two months off before they can work there again. And most folk find keeping steady work there difficult for the first year or two until they are established. When a project ends, you might be just out of work for a bit. A long bit.
The company itself is a great place to work
There are a lot of benefits to working at Nintendo, such as a workout room, cafe, store, etc. Many of the people are a lot of fun to work with too. The biggest problem is that people are hired on in upper level positions based on seniority but then never properly trained to perform in those positions.
I would say the company is great, but depending on the department there can be troubles.
was production work place, teams work
I can perform, my work habit in work area, and working hard, I am friendly person that can got long with people at work. I would like to lean more position
Wonderful Company Culture
A wonderful place to work. Great company culture and brand that care about the employees and customers. It was the best company that I have worked at in my 20 year career.
Relaxing company with friendly associates
Nintendo was a relaxing place to work at. As a contracted person, I did not receive great pay compared to my actual work responsibilities which consisted of confidential information and management of consumer's account. A typical day at work consisted of going over daily tasks which become repetitive and helping other associates if needed. The culture was carefree but was hard to be acknowledged by upper management. There was little to no room for advancement due to the number of associates and high turnover rates. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistent scheduling because we operate 7 days a week and days off cannot be preferred. Overall, it was a great company to learn entry-level finance skills and meeting friendly people. The food at the cafe was fantastic though.
Contract work
As a customer service rep, you are tasked with assisting customers on the current line of Nintendo products and any technical issues that exist. The pay wasn't very good and it's only contracted work. Advancement in the company is slim.
Excellent pay and collaborative work environment
My tenure at NOA was not long but the company does provide sufficient resources to be able to perform one's daily functions in an adequate fashion. The work was structured in a certain way as to be able to utilize several available resources to assist consumers with numerous types of product inquiries & issues.
Pros
collaborative work environment
Cons
short contract
Great place to work.
Fantastic environment and the people were amazing. Management was fantastic. Overall after a while felt like I was on an island away from my peers. Loved the position but the isolation did end up getting to me after a while.
Awesome place to work for
Awesome place to work for. It was an honor and am grateful working for a great company. Nintendo treats their employees very well and made it an exciting, fun place to work. It was a hard decision in wanting to stay however I am at the stage in my life that I need to seek other opportunities to progress my career.
Pros
Great team oriented atmosphere
Great Entry Level Job
Nintendo of America was a great place to work. The people are friendly, the management is great, the benefits are okay. The payrate is sub-par for the area. I was one of the people that was trained in a lot of different skill sets but you still get offered the same pay.

You have the opportunity to learn a lot while working there even as a contractor. It was a great place to get my foot in the door in the IT world to get that experience needed to move on to something better.

The opportunity to convert to a FTE is very, very rare. I've known some co-workers that have been there 5+ years and are still contractors. If you're looking for an entry level job to gain experience, it's a great place to work. If you're looking to stay there for years to try and convert to a FTE, I wouldn't recommend it. The pay is sub-par for the are and the benefits are okay and very expensive.

The one major downside is not knowing when you were going to lose your job. While they do give you sick time, which is only required by WA government, the worry of losing your job was a big one. I had friends getting fired left and right for what seemed like no reason.
Pros
Great people, fun place to work, nice non-health benfits
Cons
healthcare, payrate
Heaven for Nintendo fans and gamers alike
A fun and collaborative corporate culture that focuses on long term employee retention. Dedicated to serving fans and retail partners. Singular and precise strategy to always protect the IP and only have it playable on Nintendo gaming devices and hardware.
Pros
Great corporate culture, fun environment, fantastic work-life balance
Cons
Extremely limited career growth, slow career progression, non-competitive compensation for a video game and technology company
Relaxed and entertaining place to work
The company is relaxed and fun. When you arent taking calls you can use your phone or gaming system. Free coffee pretty much everywhere and the break rooms and gaming systems for internal use.
Pros
Free game codes on most big releases
Cons
Moving up past CS2 is unlikely
Exemplary management and culture, frugal compensation.
Nintendo of America does provide a very relaxed atmosphere, competitive but still fun with some of the brightest and best in the industry. An absolute pleasure to work with them all. However they do overuse temporary contract labor, have a tendency of undervaluing talent, and have built a reputation for poor compensation. It's a company of enthusiasts and there is something to be said for that. Employees express a lot of fandom for the very products they bring to life.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nintendo. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight