Nintendo
82High

Nintendo Employee Reviews

Amazing company and people!
Absolutely love this position and this company. Such an incredibly opportunity that had brought so much positivity to my life. I am very thankful for my time at Nintendo! 💓
Fun and flexible Job with minimal downsides.
Brand Ambassador for Nintendo is amazing, but it comes with it's downsides. The assumption is always we get to play video games for work, which yes is true, but it's much more than that. You will have to know how to play and walk people through the demo flow; along with knowing how to answer questions relating to Nintendo and it's products. This job is really great for die hard Nintendo fans and you'll get along with everyone there because of their love of the company as well. The biggest downsides for me is that shifts are hard to come by and event planning could be a bit more professional.
A wondrous place to work!
This was my first official job and it was the most fun I have ever had. From the people who work there to the project leads, everyone there loves Nintendo just as much as I do and that's what made it wondrous. Lots of like minded gamers and people working together to create a great product for the people out there! One thing that is important working in a gamers job is to keep your lips shut when working on a product that hasn't been released yet. Disclosure agreements and discipline are the key to Nintendo's success.

If you are considering working here and are wanting to move here, I would fully encourage it!
Got payed to play video games
I got payed to play video games with people in store isles, what more needs to be said. I had great flexibility in my schedule, got to engage with many people, and represent games I love.
Muy buen trato al empleado
Es una empresa que no descuida a sus trabajadores, con la que puedes estar en contacto siempre que necesites y ellos están ahi para ayudarte o resolver el problema que posees
Job seekers rely on your experience.
fun workplace
Very fun place to work. People there all have knowledge in the gaming world. Management cares about the employees happiness and well being. I would say if you are a gamer this is a dream job.
Fun job, little pay, almost no chance for career growth and development
I worked there as Video Game Tester through Aerotek for few months.
Pros:

It was fun job (playing game all day long). Nice and helpful people including managers.

Cons:

During that time they paid us just $12 per hour which felt absolutely unfair considering how much you need to know and how responsible you have to be.

Workplace highly strict rules. You can't use your cellphone or any personal devices (they have special rooms for that). Even if you are late for 1-2 min, you need to mention it in your time sheet. You cannot go to your lunch without your manager / team leader voice command, etc, etc.
Fun place to work
I have worked for Nintendo for over 10 years and it has been good to me. I have had the opportunity to travel internationally and work with partners all over the world. Nintendo is a multi-million dollar corporation, but the branch in America is actually pretty small from an employee standpoint. This makes it hard to advance because of limited positions. It is a diverse workplace and very inclusive.
Pros
Free video game rental; Soccer Field, Tickets to Mariners Games
Cons
Wages are not competitive for the area
Best Call Center Ever
This is the kind of call center anyone should dream to work at. It is the easiest call center to work at when it comes to the actual job. The hardest part is just dealing with the schedule and the fact that often those making it don't pay attention to your needs. The managers for the most part are looking to make sure that you are not treated as a number and that there's a way for you to advance.
Not a great place to work
Unfortunately it is not a great place to work as it lacks opportunity and pay, management control processes in the workplace and do not help team members progress.
Good company to work for. Great colleagues and team members.
Great colleagues and team members.
Nintendo of America was a great place to work. The people are friendly, the management is great, the benefits are okay. They pay rate is average for the area. I had opportunities to learn different skills even as a contractor. It was a great place to get entry job and get job experience.

The opportunity to move to other positions is rare. I have known some co-workers that have been there 5+ years and are still contractors. If you are looking for an entry level job to gain experience, it's a great place to work.

Contract job is not guarantee though.
Fun and exciting job, easy to love what you do.
Nintendo is an absolutely wonderful company to work for. Im only a part time brand rep but its well worth it. Compensation is very fair, and the job itself is a blast, though already being a Nintendo/ video game fan and having prior experience in a related field will make your job vastly easier and more enjoyable. Hours and schedule are very flexible and they often give you gifts and exciting products to demo.
Great company to work for friendly staff
Good communication skills, fast and efficient, friendly helpful staff, great company to work for.
The staff are there to help, support, explain instructions to you.

Its a physical job so exercise is good for your health theres picking, packing, restack pallets, replen etc etc.
Amazing team
Great colleagues and team member, emphasis on efficiency. Great transitions between different projects. There's a strive to nature talent into leadership.
Productive workplace
Really enjoyed my time at Nintendo. Bi-annual bonuses were very nice. I ran production and empowered a feeling of team in my time there. Although my methods were unorthodox, my results were stellar so the methods were accepted.
Great company culture
People here are really engaged in their jobs, and enjoy bringing smiles to peoples faces. there are regular activities to bring some fun to the work environment. employees here take pride in their work and collaborate with others to bring the best products and programs to the public
Pros
company culture, great perks
Cons
slow advancement
suoer divertida experiencia
me llevaron de barcelona a praga, para rodar el anuncio de nintendo, especificmente de l juego de golf para latinoamerica, nos dieron dinero para gastar llegando al aeropuerto y fue divertidisimo pues habiamos diferentes personas de diferentes lugares del mundo, todo una experiencia
Pros
dinero para gastar y seguro de vida
Cons
no habia contras
Retired.
This review is based on past experience. I do not have firsthand information about the current pay structure or culture/working athmosphere. I suggest applying then supply current info to help others with the process.
Management incompétent
J'ai été virée car mon compagnon de l'époque l'a été. Les jeux testés étant top secrets, je ne pouvais pas rester. Ils ont trouvé une excuse bidon. Lorsqu'on attendait une nouvelle version d'un jeu et qu'il n'y avait donc rien à faire, il fallait prétendre qu'on avait du travail. Grand chaos parfois. Il fallait souvent se débrouiller seul.
Fun workplace with amazing colleagues
Pro: great work-life balance, great work culture, flexible times (core work time was between 10am - 3pm) you can choose when to go to work, amazing products (free games to get better product knowledge at Nintendo DACH)

Cons: you will be stuck in your position, it is hard to get a raise, job title change is almost impossible
Sweatshop
They use your strength and dump you after. The first time I worked here I put in great work! I noticed the system used to persuade workers to work harder and faster. They should care more about their workers. Provide incentives.