NiSource Employee Reviews

Good job busy fast paced
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAApril 10, 2018
The typical day was back to back calls. resolve issues, explain bills, provide information to customer in regards to the help available, no day was the same as far as the calls were concerned. placed orders, requested adjustments if needed.

Learned to many, many things and always learning new procedures and how to deal with all sorts of customers.

Management was exceptional considering how large the company is.

Workplace culture was friendly and respectful.

Hardest part of the job was getting screamed at by customer.

Most enjoyable part was being able to assist customers and help them if there was any possible way, was rewarding.
Welcome to the boys club
Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 3, 2018
Great salary and benefits and a lot of opportunities. However, if you are a female, expect to be held down by the upper management boys club. While they are out golfing and lunching, you will do their grunt work. Sadly, management issues can make long standing, hard working, good employees leave their careers for other opportunities.
Pros
Lots of free lunches, and corporate perks.
Cons
Lazy co-workers waiting to collect their retirement checks
Review of nisource
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterton, INMarch 29, 2018
Pay was good co workers were good. Upper mgmt wasn’t really the nterested in working with us to accomplish goals. When hired in was supposed to get paid holidays after starting was told we didn’t get them. Left because upon hiring I told them certain things I couldn’t do for legal reasons they tried to force me to.
Pros
Good pay good coworkers good insurance.
Cons
Mgmt wasn’t good and most have moved on out of that role now.
Its a crooked place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMarch 25, 2018
They treat you like garbage and no matter how hard you try they still find a lie to fire you,I worked taking over 100 calls a day and never complained while others just sat around not taking any calls!!
Pros
liked my co workers and team lead
Cons
slave drivers then fire you for no reason
Great Job & Company to work for in Northwest Indiana
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 22, 2018
Wages are excellent and the job is fairly easy! Benefits are great and your schedule is flexible. You can work a part time shift and still get paid great. Very friendly environment and professional. Merriville campus is in a great location and the building is very well kept. Nipsco is definitely known to be one of the best companies to work for in Northwest Indiana! This is a career oriented place that you can retire from!
Pros
Wages, Benefits
Temp position
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 19, 2018
Contract position. Great team, set up meetings and new hire paperwork. Limited interaction with supervisor and team members. Day to day responsibilities varied.
new management not organize\wipro
System Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 14, 2018
management is just all over the place, no one really have any ideal of what does something, Or who goes to a certain site or location, not really a fun place to work.
Decent Place to Work
Gas Operations, Data & GIS Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 12, 2018
The department I worked for wasn't the best, but that was due to poor management. The company as a whole is a decent place and strives for a family-like culture
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
Great Place to Work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 1, 2018
I have worked for several fortune 100 companies and NiSource is one of the best work environments that I have ever worked in, I would have loved to stay but I was on contract and let go because of budget concerns.
Pros
Free coffee and snacks, great office resources, friendly atmosphere, first class amenities
Cons
Meetings, HMB contractors can be non-collaborative
Good culture
Frontend Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INFebruary 23, 2018
I would just say that everything was good over there. I was in need of a career advancement kind of job, which would be enhancing my skills more, and I would get a chance to explore my skills more.
Fast paced
Assigner (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 15, 2018
Fast paced and stressful at times but was a great place to work. Benefits were very good for myself and my family. I would suggest this company to a friend.
Regulated and stable
GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 15, 2018
slow and steady. Enjoyable people, enjoyable projects. was able to work with innovative technology and software. worked with great consultants and built a network in the field that allowed me to branch out.
Pros
paid overtime
Cons
Lower than average base pay
Very focused on Diversity
Lead Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2018
There are several employee resource groups to help advance inclusion and diversity. They provide events and support from all levels of the company.
Great environment in utility accounting and finance.
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2018
This was my first accounting job out of college and I learned a great deal about accounting at NiSource. Management was fantastic and great to work with.
Stable, decent employment
PLANNING ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2018
A quiet, somewhat sleepy place to work. Busy during cold winters, slow elsewise. Not cutthroat, but little opportunity to advance. People with good jobs tend to stay with them for years and years. Decent benefits and pay, but less than you might make in other sectors.
Pros
on site gym, two weeks vacation, matching 401k
Cons
conservative, slow paced
Sr Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. The compensation and benefits are good. There is lack of advancement. Some managers need a little more training.
Intense but friendly
Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 15, 2017
Can you imagine being served a free, delicious buffet lunch Monday through Thursday? What an awesome touch, one that promotes personal well-being (stopping for lunch) and greater collaboration (chatting with co-workers you might not otherwise see that day). Modern, comfortable offices. Extreme customer focus. Overall great place to work.
Terrible place to work. Schedules are awful. Never get them in a decent time. Breaks/lunch should be every 2hrs. NO! 3 or 4 hrs in between.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PADecember 11, 2017
Management is terrible. Ignores you when you need help however will be the first one to call you out on a mistake! Half of management has been there less than a year and has no management experience. Management should dress professional if CSRs are informed to, however some of the Team Leads dress like they crawled out of bed and some of them their clothes don't even cover their stomach.
You're expected not to have your cell phone out while at work which is understandable however when Team Leaders and Upper Management and H.R. is either at their desk or walking through the center on their phones and its evident they are on a personal call something needs done. H.R. is only there to coax people into saying things happened which don't actually happen when the company wants to get rid of someone.
Everyone gossips regardless if its a Team Lead, Upper Management, Senior Representative, or CSR however there is a time and place for certain gossip which the management staff need to learn!!
All in all.. This place can rip you to pieces and tear you to sheds. Peope are vicious.. People you think are your friends are not so you can't let your guard down....
Do your job and go home... If not somone wil make up a rumor and it will spread like wildfire..
Pros
Pay
Cons
Gossip, Lies, Broken Promise
nisource
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, PADecember 4, 2017
I do not have a review at this time. I have not left employment there and I am still unsure that I want to leave. Its not the worst place to work, but id like to see if I would be happier elsewhere.
Terrible Place to Work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 30, 2017
Good old boys/girls environment. Not interested in doing a good job, just advancing and building their kingdom. Poorly managed. Can't make decisions. No empowerment.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Culture, management, lack of leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NiSource. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight