Nisqually Red Wind Casino Employee Reviews

Unique experience being on the opposite side of the table
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJuly 23, 2018
I had given a lot of consideration to becoming a dealer since I started playing table games after I turned 21. Getting to know the other side of the proverbial coin was a lot of fun.
Pros
Free lunch, pay bonus based on tips, pay increase based on gaming knowledge
Cons
Dealing with irate players when they lose
cashier and server (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WA 98513July 8, 2018
Long hours, no appreciation, difficult co workers. Must be able to work graveyard, deal with difficult customers and rarely get time off. Schedule is awful
Pros
Employee buffet
Cons
Stressful
Productive workplace
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 3, 2018
The organization valued the business process that set them apart from other casinos. Offering great opportunities for employee growth and fostering a relax and friendly place to work.
Great Place to Work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 1, 2018
Nice place to work. Be sure to leave your house with plenty of time for traffic! Everyone is friendly. The free lunch is great - you actually have options if you do not like the hot lunch.
Pros
Everyone is friendly!
Cons
Attendance policy - you are penalized if you clock in at 7:02
Very guest service focused
Club Red Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 24, 2018
I love that guest relations is number one priority at NRWC! I enjoyed my time there as guest/customer service is what I enjoy most in my career. I also feel that NRWC is a fair employer as far as benefits and pay are concerned.
Fast-paced, highly regulated industry.
Security Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 17, 2018
Can be somewhat stressful. Tuition reimbursement, training opportunities, opportunities for advancement and self-growth; promotes a culture of mutual respect.
Good benefits
Lead Bartender (Current Employee) –  Yelm, WAMarch 21, 2018
Great benefits package. Only work here if you are at peace with being a part of a corporate machine that only thinks in the interest of putting people in front of slot machines and has no care for their employees at all.
Good employment
Security Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 1, 2018
Great place to work, horrible pay and management tends to set unrealistic expectations. Benefits are outstanding if you don't have a family. They are very expensive when you have dependents.
Very political
Security (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 25, 2017
There are 2 subsets of employees at the Red Wind: Natives and everyone else. There is much discrimination of non-natives. The customer service is pushed non stop but the policies put in place do not carry out that goal. While it is a business and making money is the goal, customers are looked on as nothing but someone to donate money.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too political and discriminatory
fast paced fun working enviroment . grewt people and staff .
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Yelm, WASeptember 29, 2017
working at the red wind casino was a great place of employment . Being able to hone and utilize many skills ex. customer service , memory,Being able to work both as a team but also being productive and motivated to work alone in the workplace .. Working here created a verity of different scopes of work to be done in a single work place. This made it nice to not feel like anyone person was doing the same things over and over again .

it was a great place of employment.
Pros
fast paced a lot of interaction
Cons
a lot to remember .
Unfavorable
Server (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 22, 2017
Red Wind Casino is a good employer. They have good benefits and promote a environment of teamwork. That being said, in my experience, they are very inflexible and punitive if ALL policies are not strictly followed.
Very Fun and very enthusiastic team members
VALET ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 21, 2017
I love working here the environment and team members are so amazing and helpful! i go to work with a smile and leave tired but happy because it was a team effort throughout the day. i would and have recommended people to work here.
Great work place, co-workers become your family.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 7, 2017
Over all this is a great place to be. Depending on the department there are different stresses all of them will have. Great compensation and employee benefits.
Pros
Free lunches, employee programs, fun environment
Cons
attendance point system, low pay
Nice place to work.
Rewards Club Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 23, 2017
Nice place to work, if you like low pay and working nights. You can apply for other casino jobs after 90 days. The HR department is very helpful and friendly.
Pros
Free food on lunches and breaks which are paid.
easy place to work
SECURITY DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Nisqually Indian Community, WAMay 18, 2017
easy and great place to work AMAZING BENEFITS and easy jobs tons of on the job training! learned so much and it was so much fun love my crew and Team Members -Guests are rude sometimes but people are people
Boo
cashier (Former Employee) –  cageApril 16, 2017
A form you sign upon employment states they are allowed to fire you without reason, therefore, high turnover rate. they don't care about your health or personal life. management works against you not for you. and there are always favorites in every department. heed with caution.
Pros
free lunch (even though the food sucks), benefits
Cons
poor mgmt, attendance points system, cliques, gossip, unequality, constant threats about changing your shift, CEO can't think for herself
One of the best jobs I've ever had!
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 4, 2017
I worked in security and the security department management was amazing. I can't say the same for the rest of the casino but security was great. The only reason I left that job was because I was moving out of state.
Pros
Benefits, competitive pay, great department management
Cons
The rest of the casino management isn't great and there's a lot of gossip.
High Turn Over
Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 28, 2017
Management and staff turn over regularly and staff often lacks education and training. The culture is okay, people seem to accept diversity however not differences in opinions. There is a lot of groups and "in crowd" mentality. Very difficult to many to go to work.

I was sexually harassed and when I told HR they phased my position out in 20 minutes with pay, instead of resolving the issue.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
High Turn Over
Great benefits, great people, bad communication
Line Cook I (Former Employee) –  Yelm, WAJanuary 24, 2017
The Red Wind is an excellent place to work, it employs great people, is fast paced, and provides wonderful care for its employees. It really feels like it matters to Red Wind that its employees are taken care of, although benefit and policy communication is inconsistent. I had been informed of several different conflicting policies for a single thing on multiple occasions.
Pros
Lunch, excellent benefits, good pay, great environment
Cons
Communication, education
Fun and great place to work
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Yelm, WAAugust 8, 2016
Enjoyed working with my fellow employees. Learned how to multitask much better at this position due to the fact that you need to pay attention to detail. The hardest part of the job is being focus on doing 5 to maybe more task at one time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to finish your task at hand and doing it well and hearing your Supervisor say, "Thank you for a job well done"!!!
Pros
Uniforms are provided
Cons
couldn't gamble

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nisqually Red Wind Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about