NIX HEALTH

NIX HEALTH Employee Reviews

Poor Management but hard woorking nursing staff and physicians.
Would not recommend this company. This hospital has closed due to mismanagement of funds and poor leadership. The nursing staff and physicians worked very hard to provide quality efficient care
Not a good place to work
Not a good place to work. Turn around rate is ridiculous. Management is very bad it’s almost funny. Pay is not good. You’re on your own. No one knows anything.
Good place to work in the Heart of San Antonio
It was a good environment to work. located downtown San Antonio right next to the Riverwalk. Good eating places all around within walking distance of the job location.
Pros
Cons
Business closed down
It was a great and enjoyable job but pay was low.
I've worked at this job for 19 years and I loved my job. I got along well with co-workers and patients. But we worked hard did not receive raises the way we should have.
Pros
We didn't have to report tips
Cons
Not enough pay
Don/administrator and lazy "case manager"
Insult and ridicule you
Talk to you like a child

They never go see patients even if your overworked and they are both nurses, if reported they will back each other and never get in trouble. Always leave early or don't come in and still get paid hefty salaries to be lazy but take hours and pto away from field staff. Glad they are closing
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
fun while it lasted
Fun while the job lasted since the Nix is closing. Coworkers helpful, team oriented effort at work. Sad that a behavioral health location is closing and patients will no longer have access to this mental health resource.
mental health Tech
Mental health Tech help patient to bathe him to feed him I love to help people take care of them I work in the Nix Hospital downtown to do sitter watch patient
I enjoy working here just wondering if it closes down
It's a good place to work for I really enjoy working here except I here it might be closing in a few months too bad because I'll stay here as long as I can I enjoy helping people this is the place for me even my boss is a people person and she has an open door policy I love it except they will be closing within 60 days
Pros
Discounts on meals
Challenging Work Environment
It was a challenging work environment but a cohesive team made it manageable. There are not many possibilities for advancement unless someone quits or is let go.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities
Excellent
friendly environment, if you are eager to learn and grow within the company this would be a great match, small business where they know you by name and you’re just not a number
was a good place to work
when I started there if was the best place to work the management knew what they were doing. then things changed and the management was unsure of what to do
N/a

Workload manageable

Team environment

Inter-departmental communications positive
To many back stabbers
Back stabbing co worker's that would cut your thoat to further their career. Management does back you. Your own your own. Human Resources is a joke. No due process. The blind leading the blind. They say they care about the employees that is a straight. Work long hours for this company. For what no reward for being a loyal employee for many many years. Glad I'm out no more STRESS and BACKSTABBERS.
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Management Dont have your back.
Fun and productive place to work
Nix Health Care was an amazing place to work, the staff were very helpful and they made it all about team work. Though it was only a temp job I would love to go back full time.
The people at Nix are great to work with and everyone loves their job.
Nix has very poor benefits as compared to most but the staff and physicians are great and love their work and the patients. Nix provides really good care. There is not a lot of advancement opportunities though if you can promote from within it is encouraged.
Pros
Flexible work and quick to make improvements/respond to needed changes
Cons
Limited retirement matching and no paid holidays
Pretty good
I've worked here 10 years. The health insurance is very affordable. Any care recieved at nix is free .There are good opportunities for Advancement Good pay. Senior leaders change frequently. Due to frequent changes in CEO owners and senior leaders policies and procedures change frequently.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Complicated structure. Frequent changes in senior managment
Its an ok pla e to qork for just no structure.
After being with the Nix 3 years I just want to grow my expertise and advance in life. When I first started the company was great friendly employees everywhere. Now the company has falling apart due to la k of leaderahip.
Department not very competent
I write this with this caveat, I have nothing against the hospital systems but the management of the department I worked in. The first year of my employment in Patient Financial Services was stressful right off bat with the micromanagement of the Director who was also rude and off putting. Then during the next year there was high turnover of management and staff (about 3 managers and 1 rude director either left or transferred). The one manager who was left over was little to no help at all. She seemed to blow me and others off when asking for help. I was even denied an opportunity to cross-train for another position and the"interview" was just a joke. When the management does not like an employee they write them up for performance (to which there is no system of quality assurance in this department) and they are later terminated. This effectively happened to me when the new director was hired from out of town and began making changes that made no sense. Co-workers were not held accountable for their lack of productivity nor lack of competence in their job. Our department always had to clean up mistakes by the people on the front end. Finally I chose to walk away when the director wrote me up for performance for no reason and I lost money due to the fact the company doesn't offer holiday pay. It comes out of the PTO bucket. I would not recommend anyone in revenue cycle to work for this department.
Pros
Bonuses when cash goals are met
Cons
No holiday pay, incompetent and petty management, no real accountablity
Would give negative stars if possible
No cohesion within the department, everyone complains about everything. Company is so backwards & not interested in growth for patient's sake or employee's either. There is no work/life balance, personnel are expected to put in 60+ hours a week for a simple thank you or complaints about them from the other workers. No room for growth or improvement & forget respect from any of the other departments. No raises, bonuses or otherwise, parking sucks, hospital is old & falling apart... Nix is where careers come to die.
Pros
Cons
Everything, it's the Nix after all
Don’t do it
-limited, if any, opportunities for advancement
-no job security

-questionable upper management

-employees are not valued or cared about

-limited raises, if any

-decent benefits
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Bad administration
Variable hours
Awful x ray managers.....they were not properly trained/ coaches. Like were liked by the radiologist, so they moved up.
Bad communication... x 1

Bad attitude x 1
Pros
???? Paid on time, worked in MRI some not much as communicated
Cons
Managers