NIX HEALTH Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
good working environment
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 6, 2018
It is a good company , and I been train effectively it was a good experience working with them. It was always busy but everyone finish there job and work with smile.
fast-paced, anxious and disorganized unit.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2018
As an employee, was not given many opportunities to shine.
Many doctors there had no respect for the CST role. This is a fast-paced, anxious and disorganized unit.
Horrible place to work in
Staff (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2018
Agree with most recent reviews of this place. Biggest problem is management. Does not care about employees and patients at all. Avoid working for this company at all cost.
If you want to carry a lot of stress with no pay work at the Nix
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2018
They do everything wrong for the patients and only worry about how much money and how many beds are full. No training for employees you are thrown to the wolf’s before you get fully trained. Management is all about the bottom line not for employees or patients. They do make sure to take care of themselves though. Management will also pretend they care about arising issues but never do anything about them till the blow in their face
Cons
Too many people in management and very unorganized
CMA (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2018
The job is always flexed, meaning you don't work 40 hours even if you are full time. If they don't need you get send home. They float you to different offices and you have no say so. You have no voice or opinion. They always made me feel invisible and like I was trash. The company brings you down instead of empowering you. They don't offer any training what so ever. All they care about is numbers not really patient care. And they fired the CEO without blinking so believe me you will not be indispensable!!!!!
Pros
Cons
There is no pto, paid vacation, paid holidays its not true
n/a
Radiographer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2018
relaxed placed to work. only down fall is lack of advancement. management is changed often. no direction. constant change. hours are minimal and you can not pick up over time.
lack of administrative support
LVN, Operating Room, Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2018
I was transitioned between clinical and administrative roles with little to no support. I was able to learn a lot about health care and the business development side, Senior administration has a high turn over rate. 4 CEO's in the last 12 month period.
This place is absurd
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2018
I was excited at first to get my positions, great health benefits, holidays and weekends off. But the hiring process took over a month. I had to get another job in the meantime to keep up with my bills and I still have to have it partime to make up for lack of pay for my experience. When I actually got to start working they had me all over the place in my first week before I was properly trained. And the clinic I'm suppose to work for is completely disorganized. Stacks off paper everywhere and no real focus on the patients. The front office and back office hate each other. Tjis place is a nightmare
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Everything else
Nice at first, very ugly at the end
Bilingual Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2018
This was my very first job at a medical setting, at the beginning it was great but tours the end it got very ugly. Even thought I worked there for more than 2 years I never receive a raise and at the end I got let go without any kind of notification. Literally from one day to the next I was unemployed (thank God I have a part time job)
Pros
Cons
NO raises and NO over time allow
I hate this place
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2017
The are rude racist and don't make you feel very welcomed.if your not liked by upper management they give you a hard time. Good news you can work 3 days a week that's the only thing that's great working there
Pros
3 days on 4 days off
Cons
Rude management
The Nix
Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2017
Although my initial starting salary was good, there are no performance reviews and therefore no salary/merit increases. In addition, they do not have bonuses or advancement opportunities.
Pros
good starting salary
Cons
No room for advancement, raises, or bonuses
Working at Nix
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 7, 2017
It is no longer the company it was built to be, it's now just a historical land mark and working there was very unpleasant almost depressing. Some people were pleasant while others simply were happy to have a job.
Pros
location is convenient
Cons
lack of structure
Management and Pay NOT Good
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
There isn't much communication between management and staff. Only time mgmt. will be around is when something goes wrong. Then they are in your face like gang busters blaming unit staff instead of looking at unit supervisors. Unit staff go by what supervisors tell us. Supervisor Rarely communicates with staff about any changes going on or even just on day to day occurrences on unit. Department is so unorganized. We are on our own here until something goes wrong. Then that's when we see and hear from management /supervisor.

Pay is sucky. Experienced staff get paid less than new hires with NO Experience !! Raises are Practically Non Existent here. Have been here over two years and have not gotten a raise. Was told there is a so called freeze on raises at this time. Yeah Right. Yet they are hiring new Unexperienced staff at a higher pay rate than quite a few Hard Working Experienced Techs Here. Really sad to see that, especially when you work hard and dedicate yourself to helping and taking care of patients while ones own safety is in play.
Pros
None Really
Cons
Low pay. Bad Management. No Communication . Too many more to Mention.
Small hospital. Continuing education classes offered and most are free to employees.Discounted employee meals. Friendly work-place.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2017
Very fast-paced but friendly work environment. Loved my co-workers. Great place for new nurses to gain experience. Location is downtown, near freeways and easy to get to from anywhere in the city.
job is always on the line
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2017
Management and HR always try to find a way to fire staff. The first time u don't do what they want they start mess with by not letting take pto or if u have a family emergency they won't let u leave. I've seen nurses, Dr's, case workers, and other people with high titles leave this company. Inside communication with former coworkers state that it's unsafe to work for this company now cause patients come in violent and wanting to hurt staff. The compensation is great but and I mean but it's worth someone getting hurt cause a company can't keep good strong staff. There is no benefits of going in on off days. Staff gossip and sleep with each other which is not a professional thing to do.
Pros
pay
Cons
short lunch, security for self and others
can be very stressful
patient access (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2017
It's a good place to start off as registration in the medical environment
it can also become very stress at times. you see a lot of different things that come in that is very interesting.
Pros
majority of the time we can not take a break but still have to clock out
Registered Nurse, manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2017
Outstanding care by impressive physicians and nurses
Quality care, caring staff.
All specialties In one facility
Convenient parking
Heart alert capable
Pros
On the river walk, good support staff
Cons
Downtown
Dangerous place work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2017
Serious management issues . There is no management , place runs only by staff that's here. Can't keep staff, no policies. It dangerous and chaos .
No support , no direction , lucky if staff shows up.yiu will never see management .
Pros
Cons
Too many name starting with HR
definitely has its ups and downs
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 15, 2017
staffing and management issues!
great co-workers!
flexible schedule
good pay
except ALOT of psych patients
nurses come and go, computer system could be better....
Good employment place to gain knowledge and skills
Social Worker-PRN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2017
I have enjoyed my time as a PRN social worker at Nix Health because it allows me to continue to learn and grow as a social worker interested in the mental health field.