NIX HEALTH

• Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose

Terrible management

Management did not appreciate the employees, many of who put in several years and were dedicated to the company. Prospect took over the system and ran it into the ground, unfortunately. I loved my co-workers, but left due to management.

Pros

Great co-workers, decent health benefits

Cons

Unstable management, no employee appreciation once it was taken over by the last company.

The place is closed

The place was cool as in the staff, but the building was old and always breaking down. The job was fun but it could get crazy at time. So be prepared to wrestle every once in a while. Be safe out there.

Pros

Fun place, cool staff

Cons

Company is closed

Productive and great place to work.

Nothing bad to say. Great great employees, love assting patients all in all a greatplace to work. Also it's great to walk outside and look around and see the River walk.

Pros

Employees, patients, and Doctors.

Productive and challenging

Great place to work at with a lot of exciting people around you that your day goes by quick. It was a behavioral hospital, so it would be noisy from time to time.

Last Healthcare Position

I planned to be with NIX Health/Prospect Medical for a long time; however, the company closed the three hospitals and all the clinics in which I directed the Health Information Management Departments.

Pros

Technology Advancements

Cons

Closed Hospitals in short time after arrival

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Not a good place to work

Not a good place to work. Turn around rate is ridiculous. Management is very bad it’s almost funny. Pay is not good. You’re on your own. No one knows anything.

Poor Management but hard woorking nursing staff and physicians.

Would not recommend this company. This hospital has closed due to mismanagement of funds and poor leadership. The nursing staff and physicians worked very hard to provide quality efficient care

Good place to work in the Heart of San Antonio

It was a good environment to work. located downtown San Antonio right next to the Riverwalk. Good eating places all around within walking distance of the job location.

Pros

Cons

Business closed down

It was a great and enjoyable job but pay was low.

I've worked at this job for 19 years and I loved my job. I got along well with co-workers and patients. But we worked hard did not receive raises the way we should have.

Pros

We didn't have to report tips

Cons

Not enough pay

Don/administrator and lazy "case manager"

Insult and ridicule you Talk to you like a child They never go see patients even if your overworked and they are both nurses, if reported they will back each other and never get in trouble. Always leave early or don't come in and still get paid hefty salaries to be lazy but take hours and pto away from field staff. Glad they are closing

fun while it lasted

Fun while the job lasted since the Nix is closing. Coworkers helpful, team oriented effort at work. Sad that a behavioral health location is closing and patients will no longer have access to this mental health resource.

mental health Tech

Mental health Tech help patient to bathe him to feed him I love to help people take care of them I work in the Nix Hospital downtown to do sitter watch patient

I enjoy working here just wondering if it closes down

It's a good place to work for I really enjoy working here except I here it might be closing in a few months too bad because I'll stay here as long as I can I enjoy helping people this is the place for me even my boss is a people person and she has an open door policy I love it except they will be closing within 60 days

Pros

Discounts on meals

Challenging Work Environment

It was a challenging work environment but a cohesive team made it manageable. There are not many possibilities for advancement unless someone quits or is let go.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Not many advancement opportunities

Excellent

friendly environment, if you are eager to learn and grow within the company this would be a great match, small business where they know you by name and you’re just not a number

was a good place to work

when I started there if was the best place to work the management knew what they were doing. then things changed and the management was unsure of what to do

N/a

Fair compensation Great home/work balance Fair direct leadership Easy camaraderie Workload manageable Team environment Inter-departmental communications positive

To many back stabbers

Back stabbing co worker's that would cut your thoat to further their career. Management does back you. Your own your own. Human Resources is a joke. No due process. The blind leading the blind. They say they care about the employees that is a straight. Work long hours for this company. For what no reward for being a loyal employee for many many years. Glad I'm out no more STRESS and BACKSTABBERS.

Pros

Money was good

Cons

Management Dont have your back.

Fun and productive place to work

Nix Health Care was an amazing place to work, the staff were very helpful and they made it all about team work. Though it was only a temp job I would love to go back full time.

The people at Nix are great to work with and everyone loves their job.

Nix has very poor benefits as compared to most but the staff and physicians are great and love their work and the patients. Nix provides really good care. There is not a lot of advancement opportunities though if you can promote from within it is encouraged.

Pros

Flexible work and quick to make improvements/respond to needed changes

Cons

Limited retirement matching and no paid holidays

Pretty good

I've worked here 10 years. The health insurance is very affordable. Any care recieved at nix is free .There are good opportunities for Advancement Good pay. Senior leaders change frequently. Due to frequent changes in CEO owners and senior leaders policies and procedures change frequently.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Complicated structure. Frequent changes in senior managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIX HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8