Nixon Medical Employee Reviews for Route Sales Representative

Work
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleburne, TXDecember 17, 2018
If you like getting up early and working long hours (10-14) either inside a hot/cold building or out running a route then have at it. Benefits are probably the best thing about the company.
Mechanical problems.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDDecember 17, 2018
For the most part a good job, except when we don't have the products we need to service the customers. If we consistently had what we need I would then rate nixon a 10, the way it is now rate them a 5.
Did not bring me the work life balance I was looking for.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYDecember 17, 2018
Did work for me. I worked fifty to sixty hours due to my locusts of my route while other got paid the same to work less. Kind of demoralizing. The don’t account for distance and logistics when considers financial compensation.
No comment
No comment. This company does not care at all about their workers. Not serious about safety. They make promises they never keep. I would never reccomend this as a place to work.
Meh
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEDecember 17, 2018
I get home at a decent time. Benefits have gotten progressively worse over the years. Definitely needs to be overhauled. Don’t like how service reps build routes only to have routes revamped and revenue taken away. VERY demotivating.
Veteran RSR
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VADecember 17, 2018
Job expectations are made clear and you are in control of meeting or exceeding them. I am better at listening and providing great customer service from my training and my on the job experience. If you work smart, the work load is very manageable. You will get your exercise, that is for sure. But, this is a good thing. The management works as a team and they look out for you. The beginning of a customer's relationship with Nixon is probably the most important part of the job, maintaining it is the ongoing challenge. If you're good at this, the job is rewarding, on many levels. If you are an average driver, you won't be, after time behind the wheel, at Nixon. The driver training program is extensive and ongoing. You will appreciate it, in the long run.
Day at work
Good place to work but hard sometimes good management offices wise but plant fair management Wednesday is a typical day for me at work love Nixon because it has a flexible schedule
Good Company
Company has good reputation because of the RSR's defending their routes with high prices. RSR's are the glue but treated like paste. If you enjoy daily personal interactions, this is the place
Fast paced environment beneficial to detail oriented customer service professionals.
Route Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDOctober 28, 2013
Working at Nixon defined the phrase "The early bird gets the worm." Arriving at dawn was not only suggested but paramount to beating traffic to & from your list of daily accounts to be serviced. I learned being proactive to customer concerns not only made them very happy but also increased your ability to curtail any potential issues from escalating, while also giving the oppurtunity to give examples to fellow coworkers who may have a similiar situation arise. The hardest part of the job was identifying problems before they happened. It was also the most gratifiying in that by showing your customer contacts you are concerned with taking care of their needs and are willing to go the extra mile to make and keep them very happy they always looked forward to your next arrival.
Pros
Bonus programs, great benefits
Cons
Route revenue cutbacks
Misleading, Dishonest, Ridiculous hours!!!
Route Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEMarch 24, 2013
Don’t let the “weekends off” excite you, if you work you here you will have no social life! The hours are very demanding… 14-16 hours a day, depending on traffic. You will travel to places like Lehigh, PA & Atlantic City, NJ daily!

You will always be apologetic to the customers because of plant cuts/error in products thereby affecting your customer survey bonus programs. When this happens (and it happens often) you will have to make extra trips making your day longer. Managements attitude is “deal with it.” Nixon has a big turnover ratio for a reason. Management is terrible. Family run businesses are out of reach with today’s employee. Don’t be a fool and apply, keep moving forward!
Pros
pay check
Cons
read my review.
If you value your personal time then continue moving
Route Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJApril 4, 2012
A typical day sarts before 530am & may end as late as 6pm consisting of very labor intensive work. The management has a good heart but lac some fundamental skills to motivate & promote positive daily working conditions. Most other route service representatives have no interest in higher positions due to insignificant earnings increases.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
crazy work hours