Nobel Learning Communities, Inc. Employee Reviews

Experience dependent on Management
Preschool Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMay 4, 2019
Your experience working there depends on who is working the front office, who is supposed to be there for support. So if admin is having a bad day, so are you.

Higher ups have a lot to say about classrooms, though barely provide supplies for said changes. They are very set on a "natural" look and will provide things like baskets, but if you want something like googley eyes, be sure you will not get it unless higher ups are coming for a visit or unless there is an open house.
If you genuinely love children and won't be counting on your wages to support your household, then you should work here.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 15, 2019
So first off, you won't be able to adequately support yourself in the slightest off the wages you'd earn as an assistant teacher here.

Almost always the facility is understaffed, so you will be stressed and overwhelmed with more kids than the teacher-student ratio guideline licensing mandates.

If you like kids, then this position can definitely be rewarding, the bonds I made with my kids are actually what kept me around for the year that I was there.

There's only one computer for all the teachers in the building to use and it's expected that you have all kinds of pictures and paragraphs printed off each week for project boards. It's stressful trying to magically find the time to do it all along with stapling everything up when you can't be out of the classroom unless you're on lunch break.
If you're actually trying to survive and provide for you and your family then DON'T apply, again I'm telling you that you don't get paid enough here, and that's probably the biggest reason why the turnover rate is so high. Nobody has the patience to deal with such frustration (predominantly from lack of support from management) for a little bit of nothing.
This job is emotionally/ mentally demanding as it is physically, it's no joke, and definitely not for the feeble hearted.
The experience was worth it for the friends I made, teaching experience gained, and confidence I inspired in my students, but not being able to pay bills or buy food or rest well because you're completely racked with stress, dread, and anxiety about your job is unacceptable.
Pros
some of the kids, free lunch/ snack, hour long lunch break
Cons
underpaid like WOAH, lazy coworkers, lack of managerial support/ common sense, get sick often from the kids
Just run away
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Do want a job with few paid holidays? Do you love corporate policies? Do you want horrible expensive health insurance that is very unhelpful on the phone and hard to find any kind of doctor? Do you want management that can only do so much for you when you need help? Than this is the place for you. Communication from rooms to office was extremely difficult. oh a concerning rash?, i’m in ratio because everyone is quitting, please grab the emergency card in the office yourself somehow and use your personal cell phone your using in desperation for help.
My child hated it and so did i. 12 teachers including myself left Merryhill/noble learning center in 11 months i was there. High turnover in management and teachers, no improvement in safety and playgrounds/classes. Just run away!
I really enjoyed working for this organization. I had good work life balance working for this organization.
Principal (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for Nobel Learning Communities. I left because there was no real growth opportunities. The company has many long term employees with limits growth.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Little growth opportunities
Fun Times
Pre Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 2, 2018
I enjoy working for this company. I like the curriculum and summer activities. The scheduled in house activities are cool and interesting. We can incorporate our own ideas in the lesson plans.
Pros
you can eat with your class, anniversary gift and fun events
Cons
Holiday Breaks. Wish we had a Christmas break.
A rewarding experience
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 16, 2018
Great boss, and can be rewarding. Being able to be a positive influence on such little lives is life changing.
The hours are great, and the responsibilities though minimal still make a huge difference.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Upper Management is the worst.
Lead Technology Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAAugust 2, 2018
The school I worked at was great. It had great administration and teachers. The upper management and corporate leadership was horrible. The company puts profits above education.
Continually evolving
Principal (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 2, 2018
Nobel Learning Communities is an Early Childhood Education based company that is continually evolving and keeping ahead of trend and willing to adapt to the needs of the community and children. The safety and education of the children is first. Some of the best people I've ever worked with in this company; from teachers to the corporate level.
Nice atmosphere and friendly staff
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXJune 14, 2018
In my short time at Nobel Learning Communities, I enjoyed working there. However, up until the time of resigning, hours were cut since it is summer time and not as many kids were coming in. But overall, it was a great experience.
Pros
good lunch breaks
Cons
Not enough hour year round
Not a good place to work
Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJMarch 6, 2018
Stress under ratio must of the time no pay overtime, wanted to take more than they gave, We were the parent,the teacher,nurse,provider to teach what should have been taught at home.
Fast paced education company
Regional Manager West (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 1, 2018
Focused on educational fidelity from infant care through high school. Operates under different brands nationally. High growth potential with the opportunity to develop and promote from within. Customer service and transparency with current clients is extremely important to the company culture. Very talented work force.
Pros
Opportunities for new experiences
Cons
Changing company culture
Teachers Aid/Assistant, yard attendant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 8, 2018
I worked at Nobel Learning Communities Merryhill from march 2003 to august 2005. I was a teachers assistant, yard attendant/supervisor, camp counselor, etc.
Pros
spend time with the kids, great coworkers
Cons
Long hours, not great pay
Nice lunch room
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 21, 2017
Very busy working place. I learned how to be calm. I like the different cultures. I made my day what it was by staying busy and keeping my work up to date.
Pros
Received Metro benefits monthly
Cons
I have nothing to say
Okay
Staff (Former Employee) –  COJuly 13, 2017
I love the idea and the culture of the school, but the expectations that the teachers have is out of reach. Teaching is very hard and when you are working with the younger children, you should focus on what they are doing at that moment, instead of getting your quota of pictures in for the day.
Not worth your time
Kindergarten Teacher/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJuly 4, 2017
I honestly hated working for this company!. The principal had no regard to the teaching staff or classroom assistants. There was real support at all. I was tremendously disappoint for all staff, students, and parents of the students.
Friendly co-workers.
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMay 25, 2017
Work load was average. Very busy office. Worked with a lot of executives, so there was never too much communication. A lot has changed since I worked there.
Terrific Opportunity
PRINCIPAL (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 7, 2017
The company's CEO and COO have been in charge since the beginning and are fantastic leaders! They want to do what is right for their education team. There are 240 schools across the nation but they know every Principal and are thoughtful regarding what they demand from them. Learning is the culture of the company. Support is abundant and collaboration is encouraged. The Education Department creates amazing Professional Development. This company is top notch!
Pros
Company culture is fanatastic
OverLoad
Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 2, 2017
They are very much overload with work considering what they are doing for over individuals. And the ride was a bit too fare for me to drive there and coming how wasn't that great either...
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Poorly operated program from management to schools
Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 14, 2017
Poor upper management. No diversity or acceptance to diverse cultures.Schools are poorly operated by unskilled Principals and Education Manager.Work environment is not enjoyable.many parent complaints.education is over rated and poorly executed by poorly trained teachers.Not a good place for advancement.
Pros
Cons
everything
An adventure
Merryhill Schools (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Frist couple of years infant toddler teacher 6-18 month. Then did four year old program for couple of years. Was ask to be Assistant Director with no experience other than military supervisor type. Help develop part time programs when Dot Com. hit Bay Area bad when parents had no need for full time. Then help to return to full time school. Work with agency parents and venders that school on daily based Did for four years, three on own with out Director ran daily operations and paperwork required to run school smoothly . Did Extended Care with Middle School children. Summer program mange a large class full of Pre-K students making sure had fun and learning at same time.
Pros
Love my time there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nobel Learning Communities, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Nobel Learning Communities, Inc. Reviews by Location