Nobilis Health Employee Reviews

Great opportunity and challenge drives motivations
Ops Financial Analsyt (Current Employee) –  CorporateAugust 24, 2018
Company growth fast and you do need to work hard but results prove it’s worth it. It’s great workplace to utilize your strength and of course increase exprerience/exposure as well. Being able to go through with such a large team with size and diversity, this show strong management and I have faith my career in this!
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Competitive
Steer clear
Financial Clearance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2018
This company especially upper management DOES NOT value there employees. The ones that actually work hard are the one's that get looked over the most. I have seen this company create supervisor positions and give them to people who have no clue on what being a leader means. I loved what i did as a worker however I dont like what this company stands for. To make it even worse there is no diversity! No annual reviews, and no tuition reimbursement. Management is more concerned about being in everyone's else's mix versus trying to figure out how to make the department run better as a team. No wonder the turn rate is so high!!
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, no diversity!
Worse place ever!!!
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2018
Lack of communication during interviewing for jobs. No information given about benefits or compensation. They hire for a third party lab and don’t follow any procedures in hiring for phlebotomists. What ever you do DO NOT apply here. I left a reputable company with great benefits matching at 100% for a couple extra dollars and getting lied to about what this company offers the employees (nothing!). Worst decision I’ve made in along time!!! There’s no compensation for travel time or reimbursements, won’t send you the supplies your order, only what they ‘think’ you need.
Just horrible.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Fun atmosphere and great company culture
AR Specialist (Current Employee) –  DTC officeJuly 2, 2018
I really like working for this company. Although some reviews say that it's not an ideal place, I completely disagree. You really have to be a great worker and be passionate about what you do to be happy in any position and this company has given me a great start in healthcare administration. I have learned so much and my manager teaches me a lot. I really like the fact that we get paid holidays and a great health plan for myself. The work is busy, but very rewarding and I like our company events too.
Pros
good culture, and fun company events
Cons
drive to work long commute
Avoid at all cost.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 30, 2018
A lot of the 5 star reviews are from within the company. This is a company that had great potential but washed it all away within 14 months. Lay offs and hour flexing is constant and with no warning. There were really good people with the company that were let go. Do yourself a favor and track the stock price from when they became public before working here.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Constant flexing
good pay and great coworkers
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
I am an RN and I have had a great experience with the company so far. I like my team and my managers at my hospital. We work so well together and deal with great people on a daily basis.
Pros
great pay and coworkers
Cons
sometimes hours can be tough
hoorible job
Medical Collections & A/R Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
horrible company to work for, constant lay offs, micromanage and very low pay. do not work for company. have audits every other month and no money coming in
Great work life balance
Nurse Manager, RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
The speed of this company is constantly moving, very fast paced, but if you are a good manager and provide outstanding service, you get rewarded and it makes you love the work that you do that much more. I have a great team and really enjoy working with the various facilities as well. Great communication.
Pros
compensation is good and good time off
Cons
difficulty of being able to travel between locations
Smaller facility and great family feel!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
I have recently taken a full time position with the company after being part time for about a year. I really like this company. The surgery center has such a great team and management makes sure that we build upon our skills and perform at our absolute best.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
none that I can think of
Great place to learn the healthcare revenue cycle
Revenue Cycle Manager (Current Employee) –  Business OfficeJune 14, 2018
I got hired on late last year and learned so much in such a short time. Great company to try new things and have an entrepreneurial mindset. Great managers allowed me to build a training program for my teams. We are leading the industry now.

This company thrives on professionals who are ambitious and enjoy learning fast. You will definitely learn about the healthcare industry as whole. They compensate nicely too compared to other companies of this size; like the one I came from.
Pros
good leadership and very nice team members
Cons
not many corporate events where you get to meet all of company
Management has improved tremendously in the last few years
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
I have worked for Nobilis Health for the past 4 years and have had a great experience so far. The company continues to grow and they have a lot more structure and better benefits to offer employees. As a supervisor, I am able to provide seminars, and build my employees to become the best clinicians they can be. Our facility has such a great team.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits for the industry
Cons
occasional lack of communication from the corporate office
Bad management, money focused, information security and patient care distant second
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2018
Have received in writing that money/marketing is primary focus and patient care and privacy is not a primary focus. The company is constantly buying up new facilities in an attempt to offset/hide their financial troubles and then have to turn around and fire staff because they can't make ends meet.
With the lack of communication and involvement of upper management this company is a scary place to work.. Employees take the brunt of the disconnect, and blaming is very common. The disconnect between corporate and facilities is almost palpable. There are consistent layoffs and restructuring without explanation or warning, and people who are smart enough are quitting left and right. Fast paced growth without appropriate direction or support, don't work here unless you absolutely can't find something else and need the money. It is soul sucking and disheartening.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Poor managent from top to bottom, frequent blame rather than working to solve problems, patient safety issues
Terrible Leadership...don't work here
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2018
The leadership at Nobilis is by far the most unprofessional I have ever encountered. I was never trained in my position, the person who was supposed to have trained me never bothered to come to work. The reasons I was let go were not accurate, to say the least.
Cons
Terrible management, leadership, etc. No cafeteria to eat
Avoid at all costs
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2018
Terrible Management, these folks are no kidding the worst of the worst, company is losing money left and right, cant pay their bills and nothing is done.
Horrible place to work
Will not disclose (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 5, 2018
I've seen "side shows" under the Big Top that were more professional and organized than this place! Management is ruthless and has unachievable expectations. Nothing "Noble" about this company. People in positions of power have no clue about working in the Health Care industry. This company could care less about the patient. They are money hungry vultures!!! Stay clear of working at this place. If you don't meet all of the "high rollers" expectations, you WILL BE FIRED! I was among 4 other employees within a 3 week time span that walked out the door; and never looked back! No HR Representative to bring your concerns to....she walked out after management ransacked her office!
Pros
You get to go home at the end of your shift.
Cons
The pay....but it is always temporary employment if "goals" are not met!
Poor poor poor place to work
Lead medical assistant/surgical technician (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZFebruary 22, 2018
This place has treated poorly!!! Management has not made any effort to help resolve solutions between staff members. I have been yelled at, cursed at, and talked down to by other staff members. My co-workers speak Spanish to themselves calling me names and talking about me. The hardest part of the job is trying to effectively communicate with my management and co-workers. I have been discriminated against. Co-workers come in late, take hour long lunches, don't know how to do their jobs, are rude to patients, and not willing to learn anything, but have has no repercussions for their actions. Were for myself it has been a different story with management and being singled out.

The best part of my job is learning so much from the physicians and getting to take care of the patients.
Pros
Helping Patients, customer services
Cons
Poor management, irresponsible staff members
True statement
N/A (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2018
"This company came along with the idea that they were going to take over. Awesome. But what they forgot to tell you is they were life ruining, money spending, employee forgetting jerks. What tremendous idea to buy 5 Vein Clinics and a rehab facility and turn around and fire staff because you can't make ends meet now. There was absolutely no direction in this company. Every leader was just trying to figure it out as they go. They could care less about celebrating hospital week and employee enrichment. Employees were forced to flex or be fired. Doctors talk to staff like they are trash and it's allowed."
Stay clear of this company
Surgical services (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 21, 2017
Overall terrible experience working there. Lay offs are frequent during the “slow period” and force flexing is common. Management has deaf ears and would rather sit in their offices and take hour plus long lunches than listen and act upon any concerns that come about. Stay clear.
Pros
If you want a 15 hour a week, “full time job” apply here.
Cons
Force flexing
A wolf in sheep clothing
Corporate (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 9, 2017
With the lack of communication, this company is poorly managed. Employees take the brunt of most challenges from the top/corporate level. There is a huge disconnect between corporate and facilities. Retention is the lowest ever. There are consistent layoffs and restructuring without explanation or warning. You may start in one job and be forced to do another without choice or risk losing your job. Fast paced growth without appropriate direction or support.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Terrible communication; No employee recognition; Constant concerns with retention
Terrible management
N/A (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2017
The company is going downhill. The management is terrible. Check the stock price (HLTH) since 2015 to get an idea. The work conditions are bad, lay offs is a norm. Not recommended.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nobilis Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4