Noble Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Oil field work
Driller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
My crew were a awesome bunch of guys but do the times when the market was taking a plunge it was hard to find wells to drill. I personally felt that the company gave us false hope of supposed contracts that would have kept us employed but instead they gave us false information. which lead to lay offs and some individuals even fell into financial dispare.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
The personnel are great to work with
Offshore Safety and Training Supervisor-Full Time (Current Employee) –  OffshoreJuly 20, 2018
Noble Drilling for the last 12 years has been home I have grown as a supervisor and obtained a wealth of knowledge. I look forward to my future and hope to obtain a stable and steady career.
Cons
Layoffs
Decent place to work SOMETIMES
Rig Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  overseas, ASIAJuly 6, 2018
Poor managment. Cuthroats.
At Noble, it's everyone for him/herself. Shorebased management is very poor, management practices proper HSE method only when it is convenient for them. if you have a choice to hork for another drilling contractor, try them first.
Pros
6 months off a year
Cons
redneck management (and yes, I can say that since I am from the south)
The pay for floorhands and roustabouts are way to low to keep good employees!!
Floor hand (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 25, 2018
The lack of promoting within the company and the money roughnecks are making are the reason I’m leaving after being with the company for over six years !
Great company
Senior Barge Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 1, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone. They have a lot of opportunities within the company and a lot of different rig to work on. They are a family oriented company and have great health insurance along with 401K
unstable
Second Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 14, 2018
The company is doing poorly, worse off than its competitors in the latest offshore oil industry downturn. This has resulted in lower than average wages and very poor job stability.
Pros
even time schedule
Cons
unstable
promote a good work enviorment
Driller (Conventional Rig) (Former Employee) –  overseasMay 14, 2018
Enjoy working for Noble Drilling. One of the best drilling company that i worked for over my 19 years in the oil field. Would gladly work for them again.
Pros
great company
Cons
Company turned on employee once the downturn happened
QMED/Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 1, 2018
The pay was fair, the environment ok, work and life were fairly balanced. If it wasn't for the downturn in the industry when the company started treating their employees like enemies and the need for a little change in my life, I probably would of stuck around
Oil and Gas
IT Security Architect (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2018
Good place to work if you are prepared to be laid off when the price of oil goes down so do not get comfortable or complacent and be sure you have a backup plan
Pros
Good when oil is up
Cons
Bad when oil is down
Everything was good until the industry downturn
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoMarch 20, 2018
Things were going very good until the oil industry took its downturn. Layoffs are everywhere and can happen at almost any time. You can give the best job performance of your life and it won't matter if they can't find anywhere to place you. I was working overseas for about 7 years until 2014 and then came back to Gulf of Mexico beginning of '15, and shortly after the downturn started. Rigs started being cold stacked and the layoffs begun. I was lucky until April '16, laid off for about 2 months and then rehired.
Pros
Free meals, free gym, pay and benefits are very good, Safety first
Cons
May only work 6-9 months and laid off, not a stable career for several years
ok
Roustabout/Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 5, 2018
if you are cut out of the oil filed life its a great place to work. if not you will have issues. Some of the upper management does understand what the lower man is doing and that got frustrating but overall it was a good experience.
A very good company to work for.
Assistant Driller, Derrickman, & Roughneck (Former Employee) –  overseasFebruary 25, 2018
I like Noble because i was allowed to do my job without anyone looking over my shoulder being distraction. Noble has some very nice rigs to work on and very safe.
Enjoyable to work for
Mechanic work on oil field equipment (Former Employee) –  AFRICAFebruary 22, 2018
Enjoyed everything about my job, worked 28 and 28 out of africa. Enjoyed teaching our safety culture to others. Learned alot about culture.
Management was awesome.
Pros
Safety rewards
Steel runs itself
Control room operator (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 20, 2018
The office doesnt care about employees
Has no experience in the field
Doesnt care to know who you are
Thinks that steel runs itself
OIM surrounds himself with spineless minions
Cant stand anyone who can think
Cons
Lay you off in a heartbeat
Great Place to work
Barge Supervisor / Ballast Control (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Offshore life with Noble International was great. Noble was a great company to work for and the people I worked with were some of the best in the Industry.
At Noble before you can work you will be trained properly.
Motorman (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 20, 2018
I worked for years there and enjoyed 85% of work but worked with a bunch of good people who were well trained. If you like a safe work environment, and having a real stop the job for safety type of environment there is no better place than Noble drilling. I have worked for some of the greatest supervisors and managers in the oilfield in my 12 years there, but when lay offs started everything changed.
Pros
Good when gas prices are high.
Cons
When gas prices decrease it's not always the cream that rises.
awesome company
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2018
would have liked to work off shore for this company bc that's what I was trained for but I got stuck in the warehouse great benefits and bonuses around holidays
Great Family Atmospher.
Q - Med/ Oiler/ Motorman (Former Employee) –  InternationalFebruary 8, 2018
All is well with them just the layoffs are hurting me badly. I've learned a lot and had some good teachers. The only thing I don't like is coming home and then get told I'm not coming back
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Layoff
Offshore Drilling
Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 27, 2018
Noble Drilling is a top teir offshore drilling contractor. I enjoy my rotational work schedule. The pay is competitive and the people I work with are the best in the business at what they do.
If you like being away from home.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Hardest part of the job was working your 3 - 4 weeks and not knowing if you were going to be able to come back or being laid off. Some management was good and some management was terrible. I learned tons of things about maintenance and scheduling.
Pros
Time off.
Cons
Being stuck on a ship for weeks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noble Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight