Noble Corporation Employee Reviews

l would want somthing closer to home
Roustabout/Floor Hand/Derrick Hand (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 31, 2018
long stress filled days away from home for 28 days at a time. no want to move up all is just more stress filled days. there are good people to work with.
Pros
benifits
Cons
days away from home
I wouldn’t of left
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 27, 2018
I was injured on the job and they felt the need to terminate me but loved working for them but the last year I was employed there it got really bad and we was told we would lose our jobs if we did do this or that on unsafe work and cutting corners
Pros
Got to work with cool people and equipment
Cons
Gone 3 weeks at a time and management went to bad
A happy place to work with.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 18, 2018
There are friendly co-workers. Good team work and management relations. The company has very thoughtful rules. The company always provide any support for you to get the work done.
A profoundly weak company in a very competitive business
Marine Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 13, 2018
Noble would never be a top 100 Houston Texas company, much less something better in a wider consideration. Probably, if you are on the inside it is ok. I would challenge you to to screen people who were dismissed from there in the last 4 years to find much
good about the company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
To many to count.
Long hours and travel is expected.
IT Manager, Systems and Networking (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 12, 2018
Industry is currently undergoing a draw down and with lots of layoffs the remaining individuals have to pick up the load. Lots of work to keep you busy along with after hours.
Pros
Good pay and annual bonus oppurntinuty.
Cons
Long hours and time away from the family.
They get rid of their older employees.
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2018
Noble has very good financial discipline when dealing with buying rigs and equipment. After you get laid off don't expect to get rehired if you are over 50.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Purge the older employees.
Noble Corp. premium drilling company
(Assistant Rig Manager) ( Tool pusher) (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 4, 2018
Noble drilling is a premium drilling company with great promotional opportunities and excellent equipment with good benefits. Noble has throughout the years that I was employed with them has given me a lot.
Productve Place to work
Floor Hand (Current Employee) –  gulf of mexicoOctober 28, 2018
Great company but with that being said it is a oil drilling company and lay offs do happen. My time at noble was very good, management on my rig was great and people were very knowledgable. Reason for leaving is I received a lay off letter and found a job around home, would have stayed but couldn't take a chance of not having a job once the lay off was final.
Pros
3 meals a day, great benefits, well paid
Cons
21 home and 21 gone, no room for advancement with oil prices being low, chance at getting laid off
Good company to work for
Safety Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 17, 2018
Noble was a great company to work for like a family over all great team good management benifits and very proactive with employees and a safe company that practiced safety
Pros
Benifits and pay
Cons
Long flights to work
Noble
Driller (Former Employee) –  MexicoSeptember 19, 2018
It's usually a steady pace, things can become hectic every now and then, but usually everyone works at a decent pace with safety in mind. Great Noble was and still is one of the best companies I have worked for.
Great Place to Work
Master / OIM (Former Employee) –  OffshoreSeptember 2, 2018
Good People
Good Management
Good Benefits
Good Pay
Great place to work. Many person consider Noble a entry level drilling company. Noble takes care of it's personnel.
Productive company with great benefits
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2018
Great company to work for, good atmosphere and culture. Competitive pay and benefits, also good upper management. Would recommend this company for employment.
Oil field work
Driller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
My crew were a awesome bunch of guys but do the times when the market was taking a plunge it was hard to find wells to drill. I personally felt that the company gave us false hope of supposed contracts that would have kept us employed but instead they gave us false information. which lead to lay offs and some individuals even fell into financial dispare.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
The personnel are great to work with
Offshore Safety and Training Supervisor-Full Time (Current Employee) –  OffshoreJuly 20, 2018
Noble Drilling for the last 12 years has been home I have grown as a supervisor and obtained a wealth of knowledge. I look forward to my future and hope to obtain a stable and steady career.
Cons
Layoffs
Decent place to work SOMETIMES
Rig Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  overseas, ASIAJuly 6, 2018
Poor managment. Cuthroats.
At Noble, it's everyone for him/herself. Shorebased management is very poor, management practices proper HSE method only when it is convenient for them. if you have a choice to hork for another drilling contractor, try them first.
Pros
6 months off a year
Cons
redneck management (and yes, I can say that since I am from the south)
The pay for floorhands and roustabouts are way to low to keep good employees!!
Floor hand (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 25, 2018
The lack of promoting within the company and the money roughnecks are making are the reason I’m leaving after being with the company for over six years !
Great company
Senior Barge Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 1, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone. They have a lot of opportunities within the company and a lot of different rig to work on. They are a family oriented company and have great health insurance along with 401K
unstable
Second Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 14, 2018
The company is doing poorly, worse off than its competitors in the latest offshore oil industry downturn. This has resulted in lower than average wages and very poor job stability.
Pros
even time schedule
Cons
unstable
promote a good work enviorment
Driller (Conventional Rig) (Former Employee) –  overseasMay 14, 2018
Enjoy working for Noble Drilling. One of the best drilling company that i worked for over my 19 years in the oil field. Would gladly work for them again.
Pros
great company
Cons
Company turned on employee once the downturn happened
QMED/Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 1, 2018
The pay was fair, the environment ok, work and life were fairly balanced. If it wasn't for the downturn in the industry when the company started treating their employees like enemies and the need for a little change in my life, I probably would of stuck around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noble Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight