Noble Corporation Employee Reviews

A very good company to work for.
Assistant Driller, Derrickman, & Roughneck (Former Employee) –  overseasFebruary 25, 2018
I like Noble because i was allowed to do my job without anyone looking over my shoulder being distraction. Noble has some very nice rigs to work on and very safe.
Steel runs itself
Control room operator (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 20, 2018
The office doesnt care about employees
Has no experience in the field
Doesnt care to know who you are
Thinks that steel runs itself
OIM surrounds himself with spineless minions
Cant stand anyone who can think
Cons
Lay you off in a heartbeat
Offshore Oilfield
Environmental Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoJanuary 16, 2018
All in all, I enjoyed my time working offshore. The biggest downfall given the state of the industry was lack of opportunity to move up and progress in your career.
Fridays off
Traffic Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 10, 2018
40 hour week compressed in 4 days. Only half day till 11 on Fridays. Great facilities, strong vision and organization. Great management and all working to accomplish same goal
Pretty decent
Lead Rig Mechanic and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Gulf of mexicoJanuary 10, 2018
I had a great job but my manager ruined it for me to save his own rear. Not that i havent seen or heard of it happening in the past just didnt think it would happen to me.
a good job but away from family a lot
SENIOR ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 6, 2018
it was a good experience but a very unstable environment to work for in oil industry. worked a month on month off so that was a plus but travel was on your own time.
Fast paced and very productive.
Roustabout (Offshore) (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Started with a safety meeting to ensure safety measures are met and the safety of employees. The thing that i have learned by working as a roustabout offshore is making sure that you and your fellow employees are doing there job correctly so that no accidents happen.
Great place to work.
RIG ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 29, 2017
Great place to work. Extremely competitive compensation. Safety is Noble Drilling Corporations first and foremost priority. I would definitely recommend working here.
good career
Roustabout (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TX 77478December 12, 2017
good place to work and time off is great, not for everyone and must be a hard worker and quick learner to do job properly, co workers are great and become a second family
Stressed Job Safety
Sr. Electrician (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 6, 2017
Job was very high paced at times, but safety was #1 priority. Management was good at times depending on who was working at the time of hitch. Good benefits and bonuses.
Pros
well bonuse and safety awards. Free room and board with meals while working offshore.
Cons
Gone from home long periods of time
Internal Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 9, 2017
The Noble Corporation is a great place to work. The environment is relaxed but busy. The schedule is pretty awesome too as you work 9 hour days Monday - Thursday and Friday is 4 hours. I have learned so much in the Offshore drilling world such as how the rigs work and the different types of rigs. I am learning more and more everyday! I couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with, I have an awesome team and the management is awesome also. I have absolutely no complaints in regards to this company. As an Internal Controls Specialist if I had to say what the hardest part of the job is I would say just learning all the many controls and how they all work. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming to work. I truly enjoy coming to a job where the team really is a team and the environment is GREAT!
Pros
Half day Fridays
Goid company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  PortharcourtNovember 2, 2017
Good company.. They of course need to be more employees oriented
They are goals oriented rather than that of employees.
They have good medical systems.
Friendly work place a team working enviorment
Driller/ assistant rig manager (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 15, 2017
Always take care of employees and made sure that everything you need to do a job as far as supplies will be on the rig always to repair and continue working with the minimum down time as possible.
Pros
Always have food and a clean rig to work on
Cons
only if the flights do not get you to work on time due to weather or cancellations of flights.
Noble Drilling is GTG
Safety Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 23, 2017
Had a great time working with Noble. Unfortunately, the oil and gas industry was slipping, thus causing the loss of jobs. CEO truly cares way more about the share holders than the employees.
Pros
Plenty of time off
Cons
Pay is not as good as other oil and gas companies, Company will release you to save a dollar.
Was good in 2003, but gradually degraded over the years.
Ballast Control Operator, Barge Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TX 77478May 17, 2017
When I hired on with Noble, I absolutely loved working for them. Over the years though, CEO changed, management changed, and I lost most of my respect for them. In the end, you were a number and that's it. What started as a very family orientated company that cared about their employees, is now a company I wouldn't even consider working for again. I spent 14 of my 20 years offshore with them. I have stayed in contact with several employees, and they are of the same opinion.
Pros
21 / 21 rotation
Cons
CEO and management
Great Company to work for.
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Great workplace, worked offshore internationally and visited a lot of countries. Working 12 hours shifts was a challenge sometimes but it was still enjoyable. Management was great also as well as co workers