Noble Corporation Employee Reviews

Productve Place to work
Floor Hand (Current Employee) –  gulf of mexicoOctober 28, 2018
Great company but with that being said it is a oil drilling company and lay offs do happen. My time at noble was very good, management on my rig was great and people were very knowledgable. Reason for leaving is I received a lay off letter and found a job around home, would have stayed but couldn't take a chance of not having a job once the lay off was final.
Pros
3 meals a day, great benefits, well paid
Cons
21 home and 21 gone, no room for advancement with oil prices being low, chance at getting laid off
Noble Corp. premium drilling company
(Assistant Rig Manager) ( Tool pusher) (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 4, 2018
Noble drilling is a premium drilling company with great promotional opportunities and excellent equipment with good benefits. Noble has throughout the years that I was employed with them has given me a lot.
Good company to work for
Safety Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 17, 2018
Noble was a great company to work for like a family over all great team good management benifits and very proactive with employees and a safe company that practiced safety
Pros
Benifits and pay
Cons
Long flights to work
Productive company with great benefits
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2018
Great company to work for, good atmosphere and culture. Competitive pay and benefits, also good upper management. Would recommend this company for employment.
Great Place to Work
Master / OIM (Former Employee) –  OffshoreSeptember 2, 2018
Good People
Good Management
Good Benefits
Good Pay
Great place to work. Many person consider Noble a entry level drilling company. Noble takes care of it's personnel.
Everything was good until the industry downturn
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoMarch 20, 2018
Things were going very good until the oil industry took its downturn. Layoffs are everywhere and can happen at almost any time. You can give the best job performance of your life and it won't matter if they can't find anywhere to place you. I was working overseas for about 7 years until 2014 and then came back to Gulf of Mexico beginning of '15, and shortly after the downturn started. Rigs started being cold stacked and the layoffs begun. I was lucky until April '16, laid off for about 2 months and then rehired.
Pros
Free meals, free gym, pay and benefits are very good, Safety first
Cons
May only work 6-9 months and laid off, not a stable career for several years
Great company
Senior Barge Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 1, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone. They have a lot of opportunities within the company and a lot of different rig to work on. They are a family oriented company and have great health insurance along with 401K
Introduction to Office work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 7, 2017
Worked on the rigs and shipyards in the beginning always up to the daily challenges that come up to the rig. Learned that preventive maintenance was a cost savings tool when implemented correctly. Work place culture was that of being challenged to finish your task and budgets with the allotted time and money.
Pros
Travel, insurance, 401K
I wouldn’t of left
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 27, 2018
I was injured on the job and they felt the need to terminate me but loved working for them but the last year I was employed there it got really bad and we was told we would lose our jobs if we did do this or that on unsafe work and cutting corners
Pros
Got to work with cool people and equipment
Cons
Gone 3 weeks at a time and management went to bad
awesome company
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2018
would have liked to work off shore for this company bc that's what I was trained for but I got stuck in the warehouse great benefits and bonuses around holidays
Great place to work you become a family
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoJanuary 15, 2018
Great place to work with up to date nice rigs. Good Pim and toolpushers. Well established crews with a safe work environment. Great pay and good benefits really wish drilling wouldn't have slacked off of still be with them
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Based on oil prices
Oil field work
Driller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
My crew were a awesome bunch of guys but do the times when the market was taking a plunge it was hard to find wells to drill. I personally felt that the company gave us false hope of supposed contracts that would have kept us employed but instead they gave us false information. which lead to lay offs and some individuals even fell into financial dispare.
Pros
Pay check
Stressed Job Safety
Sr. Electrician (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 6, 2017
Job was very high paced at times, but safety was #1 priority. Management was good at times depending on who was working at the time of hitch. Good benefits and bonuses.
Pros
well bonuse and safety awards. Free room and board with meals while working offshore.
Cons
Gone from home long periods of time
A happy place to work with.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 18, 2018
There are friendly co-workers. Good team work and management relations. The company has very thoughtful rules. The company always provide any support for you to get the work done.
Great place to work.
RIG ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 29, 2017
Great place to work. Extremely competitive compensation. Safety is Noble Drilling Corporations first and foremost priority. I would definitely recommend working here.
Decent place to work SOMETIMES
Rig Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  overseas, ASIAJuly 6, 2018
Poor managment. Cuthroats.
At Noble, it's everyone for him/herself. Shorebased management is very poor, management practices proper HSE method only when it is convenient for them. if you have a choice to hork for another drilling contractor, try them first.
Pros
6 months off a year
Cons
redneck management (and yes, I can say that since I am from the south)
Advancement opportunities
Divisional Subsea Chief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  BrazilDecember 4, 2017
Great place to work. Created basis for continued employment into management position when the company split. Excellent benefits, travel and training.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Working for Noble Drillng is a great job for someone that likes 6 months off a year.
Senior Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  QatarAugust 8, 2018
Great people to work with. Great pay depending on job. Stay working as long as the market is up. Rigs are nice compared to others I have seen. Lots of travel
Pros
Time off
Cons
Travel
A profoundly weak company in a very competitive business
Marine Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 13, 2018
Noble would never be a top 100 Houston Texas company, much less something better in a wider consideration. Probably, if you are on the inside it is ok. I would challenge you to to screen people who were dismissed from there in the last 4 years to find much
good about the company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
To many to count.
The personnel are great to work with
Offshore Safety and Training Supervisor-Full Time (Current Employee) –  OffshoreJuly 20, 2018
Noble Drilling for the last 12 years has been home I have grown as a supervisor and obtained a wealth of knowledge. I look forward to my future and hope to obtain a stable and steady career.
Cons
Layoffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noble Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight