Noble Energy Employee Reviews

Productive and Challenging
Permian Basin, Pipeline Field Advisor Lead (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXJanuary 14, 2019
The pipeline is fast paced and keeps you on your game at all times. If you love engaging the work force this is a great job. I enjoyed it because everyday you show up for work you impact workers in a positive way.
Pros
Interacting with workers on a daily basis
Cons
You must be able to work in the elements
Unfair, favoritism
operations technician (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 3, 2019
Noble plays favoritism. If you are not a favorite of one of the managers you do not move up or get promotions.
They lie to you and say that you are doing a great job but you stay in one place. In order to progress you have to leave the company.
If you are a strong, opinionated women they do not respect you. You have to be a push over, do what they need done women to go anywhere.
Pros
Good benefits and good work/personal life balance
No Employee appreciation
Lease Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2018
While the benefits and pay is great everything else is lacking. Degrees are valued over experience causing resentment and animosity. It's not about what you know, but who you know.
Pros
salary, benefits, vacation
Cons
no opportunity for advancement, degrees valued over experience
Automation Technicain
Automation Technician (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 13, 2018
The benefits overall were very good. Health Care Premiums and Co-Pay were low but now starting come into line with most other organizations.

Hours were very unpredictable, Evening activities are hard to schedule and attend.

On-call schedule very did not line up with weekends in the month. Needed to change weekends to accommodate my volunteer at church and scouting events.

Only very specific on the job training. Little or no outside training to have a better understanding of products and equipment that is being installed and supported.
Pros
Vehicle
Cons
Long hours and no set hours per day. Day range from 5 hours to 14 hours
Records Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2018
Before 2008 Noble Energy was a great place to work. They cared about their employees and showed it through activities and wanting to bring the company together,
Pros
lunches, yearly golf trips, beautiful Christmas parties
Cons
2008 happened
A great place to work
Regulatory Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
Working at Noble was a great opportunity. Unfortunately the Colorado Regulatory being conducted from Houston was not working well according to employees working in Denver. This caused a strain between both the Houston and Denver offices resulting in layoffs. I would definitely work at Noble again if given the opportunity. I would do any State/Federal Regulatory.
Stressful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Coworkers would talk badly behind your back. The manager was kind and respectful but the other workers within our section were not kind and would create unnecessary drama.
Beeautiful facility with nice gym, only for permanate employees.
Analyst I/ Master Data Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2018
The working environment is very professional and quiet. Some have meetings all day long, and some just stay working in their office all day. I was one that stayed in my office working all day.
Pros
Nice offices
Cons
Location was not close to me.
Good company
Automation Senior Foreman (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 15, 2018
Great company to work for when oil is in a good place. They have an easy to work with schedule and take care of there employees. The managers are easy to get along with and work for.
Coworkers were great
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2018
Coworkers were great and people I would love to work with in the future! I would be cautious when interviewing with accounting managers; follow your gut.
Pros
Pay and good coworkers (not in management)
Cons
Bad work life balance and bad management.
Excellent Company with real world compensation, training, and benefits.
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Rifle, COJuly 30, 2018
Truly an excellent company with a real world take on employment in an energy sector career. Strongly valued dedicated employees and active participants in their safety program. Advancement opportunities with regular performance reviews and feedback.
Great training and benefits.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Pecos tx
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXJuly 23, 2018
Good job great people, poor location. Very good staff, new management. good benefits. poor shift scheduling. poor upper management on midstream side. micro managers.
Pros
Good Job
Cons
poor location
Scheduler / Planner (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 22, 2018
Great place to work! Excellent management very responsible. The office has a very nice working atmosphere. I highly recommend a career with Noble Energy.
People with strong opinion and professional integrity should not work there
Geoscientist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
I used to love working at Noble because of the freedom I had. You will be fine until you say something truthful that higher management does not want to hear. Then your days are counted.
Pros
You get to plan your work and follow through with it.
Cons
Management does not encourage employees' opinions
I enjoyed working with the Noble Energy staff.
Lean Six Sigma Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJune 7, 2018
Noble Energy is a great company that is responsive to the needs of the business, as well as the needs to the employees. I enjoyed working with them very much.
Fun and safety orientated environment where ones opinion was always considered
Well intervention foreman (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXMay 24, 2018
As an employee of Noble Energy, I found the work gratifying and fruitful. I was promoted from well intervention consultant to well intervention foreman and was able to flourish and demonstrate my leadership skills and expertise and applied my experiences.
Great People, poor pay
Well Engineering Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2018
The people are great to work with and the culture is improving. Upper management is working at improving employee morale however they continue to be one of the lower paying oil and gas operators in the area.
Record-setting safety standards in Marcellus
Sr. Land Technician (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMarch 5, 2018
Noble has been a very good employer to me. Management has recognized, appreciated and rewarded my contributions to the company. The hardest part of the job was dealing with mass layoffs when the turn in gas prices occurred. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to move within departments and learn other skillsets.
Pros
Fantastic fitness center and cafeteria, helping employees manage their health
Cons
No business is perfect
Great Culture
Purchasing/ E-Business Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Great culture and good people to work with, I really enjoyed working here. Great benefits, and good management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that worked there.
Was a good Company
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Was a great company that felt like family 10 years ago. Now is a massive corporation with lots of red tape and management that doesn't understand or care about the business,