Noblis

• Overall satisfaction
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Good company with solid culture

Solid company for an internship. Centers around a 10-week project where you will put your coding skills to the test as well as learn new ones. Other interns are impressive, and I learned a lot from them too. Very worth it if you want to gain experience in your technical field.

Pros

Good pay for interns, numerous opportunities to learn new skills, clear project goal

Cons

Managment sometimes doesn't know what it wants out of a project

Great place and great benefits.

Noblis is a great company. It has great benefits and they genuinely care about the employees. I wish I could have stayed but my contract with the subsidiary ESI didn’t work out.

Pros

Employee attention, benefits

Cons

Hard to switch elsewhere in the company.

I worked on average 75 hours a week and most weekends with the expectation of making no errors despite exhaustion. The PTO was average, about 20 days a year, with the usual holidays off, but I worked most holidays and never had a chance to use my PTO.

Pros

Christmas bonus

Cons

Long hours and weekend work

A great place for an early career professional to work. The culture is pretty great, and while the work/life balance is dependent on your office, I haven’t heard of anyone who couldn’t find the balance they wanted. Good benefits, though the maternity/paternity leave is pretty disappointing compared to other tech/defense companies. Noblis had a great COVID response (remote work, communication with all employees, safety measures for those who have to work in the office)

Pros

Supportive coworkers, good managers, good vision

Cons

Clique mentality in some teams, maternity/paternity leave is just ok

Productivd

Working here is ok great place for growth not somewhere you should stay if you eant to advance your career ,other than that great pay and benefits, did i mention great pay and benefits

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

The government treats contractors like dirt

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Alot of opportunity

This company invests in its people and there are a lot of opportunities to succeed. They invest in R&D and innovation which allows you to learn new technologies and test them out.

Small enough to learn and grow, great work/life balance

Noblis is a great place to work, the teams are fairly small so you have the opportunity to work on a lot of different projects and diversity your experience along the way. The culture is pretty good too, work life balance is good. One negative I have experienced is research project teams definitely get a preference, even if in some cases they are not deserving.

Join for a career not just a job

This is a high impact career choice for highly achieving customer oriented technical professionals who are generally regarded as subject matter experts in their field. Team oriented but focused on the individual. Equitable pay with exceptional benefits. Great management who really care about their staff. Many opportunities to grow as well as to expand into other areas.

Pros

Benefits are top tier, people are fantastic

Cons

High expectations for an often challenging set of government clients

Great Experience

Interesting and exciting mission and opportunities inclusive diverse missions passionate smart people innovative exciting developments and projects great experience

Generally a good place to work

I really liked Noblis at first - there were a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. The teams that I worked on were phenomenal. By my 5th year there they had some issues with contracts...as a result I did software testing for something like 3-4 years - I was unable to meet many of my "yearly goals" and "growth goals" as a result of the type of work that was available at that time in that company. If they had not had to RIF a number of people, I would still be working there.

Stale, poor management, unreliable work

Promised tasked orders not complete. False work orders. Management communication non existent. Constant micromanagement. Company cares more about share holder value.

Noblis Cares

Noblis has created a productive work space that safe and inclusive. You can tell they care about culture and the surrounding community. They are constantly looking for new innovative ways to help the customer.

Excellent company

5 star company with excellent pay and benefits. Work in an advanced environment for demanding customers. A rewarding experience if you can meet the full time demands.

Great Place to work

Great benefits and retirement. Not for profit. Great workplace culture. Flexable hours. Work from home maximum 2 days per work. Great work/life balance.

Program Management

Working for Noblis ESI has been rewarding. I have learned a lot. Currently I support my client with every day program management duties assisting as needed.

Mostly Nothing Special

Your experience really depends upon your chain of command and your client/contract. My experience with the client and the client's chain of command was excellent. They were nice and flexible. The work, however, was boring and sometimes arguably not really in scope. The Noblis chain of command was not good. Focus was seemingly on money. They demanded off-time business development work annually. They would ding you on your bonus for not doing this. My task order manager was nice mostly, but inexplicably he hurt me on my review and bonus for no reason at all other than he was upset at me about not responding to his last minute email while I was on travel. We remained friendly, but I lost respect for him. The benefits are pretty good. The insurance is UHC Choice Plus, and there is an excellent 401K program.

Exciting work, comfortable work culture, premium facilities, nice people

For the most part Noblis has a good culture, most managers have good ethics and care about their employees. People are passionate about their work and serving the client missions, it most certainly is not about the bottom line. The non-profit culture is different for most and not as conducive for advancement for someone at my career stage. Less investment is made in employee development and lacks organizational structure in key areas.

Pros

Flexibility, Excellent Tuition Reimbursement, Premier Building Facilities, Expert Visiting Speakers, Benefits, Ethical, Technical Innovation

Cons

Lack of employee development, properly staffing roles, pockets of challenged leadership and management, highly introverted staff

The best company I've worked for

Noblis has many centers of excellence (COEs) which allows for broad understanding of company activities across client objective areas leading to better cross pollination of skill sets improving overall customer engagements. Noblis also sponsors research to help customers solve their hardest problems initiated and led by Noblis staff.

Pros

Just an all around great professional staff team to work with

Cons

You may need to travel extensively to client's work location to perform your day-today duties

Lots of developments

I enjoy working at Noblis. Quiet and enjoyable. Learning many new tasks and how each department works. They all come together and operate as a team. Each department works in a cohesive matter.

Good

Very good company to work for and I would really recommend it as a top choice employer. Good pay, benefits, coworkers, lots of room to grow, and excellent compensation.

Good if you like variety

I found Noblis to be a good place to work for. Their benefits package was very attractive, and for the most part, salaries matched experience. They were a little under what could be expected for someone with experience, but not a serious undercut. Management was fair and balanced for the most part; there were a couple of outliers, but what company doesn't? Be prepared for a lot of project work. There are very few "secure" jobs there; you'd have to be on the corporate side to find those. That being said, the work was very interesting, and some of the staff were just absolute geniuses when it came to their respective subject matter. There is a lot that one can learn from these people, and working with them can be a blessing.

Pros

high-knowledge staff, good benefits, telecommute options, good management, varied work, flexible schedules, good educational opportunities, Noblis-funded classes, research opportunities

Cons

Project work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noblis. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight