Noblis

Noblis Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA24 reviews
Great benefits and retirement. Not for profit. Great workplace culture.
Flexable hours. Work from home maximum 2 days per work. Great work/life balance.
I really liked Noblis at first - there were a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. The teams that I worked on were phenomenal. By my 5th year there they had some issues with contracts...as a result I did software testing for something like 3-4 years - I was unable to meet many of my "yearly goals" and "growth goals" as a result of the type of work that was available at that time in that company. If they had not had to RIF a number of people, I would still be working there.
Do not waste your time applying for a job at this company if you are black. Blacks are treated very poorly. They are a very racist company. No respect for blacks.
Cons
For the most part Noblis has a good culture, most managers have good ethics and care about their employees. People are passionate about their work and serving the client missions, it most certainly is not about the bottom line.

The non-profit culture is different for most and not as conducive for advancement for someone at my career stage. Less investment is made in employee development and lacks organizational structure in key areas.
Pros
Flexibility, Excellent Tuition Reimbursement, Premier Building Facilities, Expert Visiting Speakers, Benefits, Ethical, Technical Innovation
Cons
Lack of employee development, properly staffing roles, pockets of challenged leadership and management, highly introverted staff
I enjoy working at Noblis. Quiet and enjoyable. Learning many new tasks and how each department works. They all come together and operate as a team. Each department works in a cohesive matter.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Very good company to work for and I would really recommend it as a top choice employer. Good pay, benefits, coworkers, lots of room to grow, and excellent compensation.
I found Noblis to be a good place to work for. Their benefits package was very attractive, and for the most part, salaries matched experience. They were a little under what could be expected for someone with experience, but not a serious undercut. Management was fair and balanced for the most part; there were a couple of outliers, but what company doesn't? Be prepared for a lot of project work. There are very few "secure" jobs there; you'd have to be on the corporate side to find those. That being said, the work was very interesting, and some of the staff were just absolute geniuses when it came to their respective subject matter. There is a lot that one can learn from these people, and working with them can be a blessing.
Pros
high-knowledge staff, good benefits, telecommute options, good management, varied work, flexible schedules, good educational opportunities, Noblis-funded classes, research opportunities
Cons
Project work
Noblis is an excellent mid-sized firm. It offers an attractive work environment and most colleagues are collegial. Pay and benefits are competitive. Executive-level management are accessible to all staff.
Noblis cares about its employees. Of course, it balances this with the need to grow the business, but it tries to do things that benefit its employees. Noblis leaders want their people to come up with new and innovative ideas, and greatly reward those who are able to do so.
Cons
chatty work area with few locations for quiet privacy
Management provides a considerable amount of support to its employees and is always willing to guide them in choosing the best course of action. I recommend this company to anyone looking for a challenging and rewarding career.
Pros
Year-end bonuses
Cons
N/a
Great location, great building, great work, great people, just the internship itself was a little off. There were a lot of interns, and groups started to form. I saw that the people less-outspoken tended to be by themselves. There were many attempts to try to bring everyone together, but I'd like to have seen more collaboration with others. Projects were either one, two, or three people. With a large intern group, I didn't want to go ask each person what they're doing.

Many resources were available though, you could talk to anyone in the building pretty much, i took advantage of this opportunity and learned a lot.
Pros
many opportunities, exciting, internship, networking, mentorship
Cons
size of intern group, lack of colaboration
I was part of the summer internship program here and had a very rewarding experience. People willingly poured time into my improvement and invested in me even though I was only an intern. The CEO even took time out of his busy schedule to invest in the interns and teach them about career development. Positive work environment, helpful peers and mentors and fair compensation.
Spent most of my time on site with the client, but all interactions with the main office were helpful. The work environment is very relaxed, as long as you do the work they need you to do. There is freedom to move contracts, and staffing will work to find a position that fits you. Employment benefits and compensation are all very good. However, it can be difficult to fit in to the culture when you work client side
Pros
Good company culture, opportunity for different kinds of work.
Cons
Working at client sites feel somewhat siloed
They have an open entrance which was always bright and welcoming to anyone walking in. The different divisions got along great and everyone was easy to talk to.
It is a company with a variety of experts in many different fields. To most it might remind you of being back in college yet again. There are lots of lectures and speakers.
Pros
Speakers, intellectuals, benefits
Cons
management
Personally haven't had the best experience because I came to do the science and technology work that it advertises to be. But it is still a consulting company that wants to be a tech company, maybe it will grow its capabilities in that sense, but otherwise expect it to be more of a consulting one. Otherwise, great company, great culture, relaxed but still produces good quality work.
A great company to work for with staff who really do look out for you. The CEO and CFO are great people. Many times people in high positions don't like to communicate with those lower but, you truly can't tell they are CEO/CFO's they are really down to earth people.
The work/life balance is great if you have a family because most employees have the option to work remotely. The only setback I do not like is the room for growth within the Health Innovation missionary. The only option is to be in management or entry level, not really an in between (junior level) position.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
health insurance benefits
Noblis have the best staff members. Everyone is willing to help each other and the environment is almost perfect.
The best job I ever worked at
I was brought up to speed on the programs that I would be sourcing for and introduced to the management team. Then I was provided the expectations and allowed to work on my own. I provided daily updates and enjoyed the freedom to successfully provide the support required.
Noblis consists of many smart and talented individuals very dedicated to their work and supporting their clients. The growing pains experienced a few years ago as our work shifted to mostly competitive awards have subsided. Noblis has been heavily focused on building upon its capabilities and expanding into new areas of client service. A few key acquisitions of smaller companies have been key to recent growth. The future looks bright for Noblis with continued growth and a constant search for more industry leaders.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noblis. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight