Noblis

Noblis Employee Reviews

United States65 reviews

clientcultureopportunitybenefitcarecompanyteamlot

Good Company Reputation and Productive and intelligent Coworkers

Noblis is a good company overall... it's just that some of the contracts they win should be left for much smaller companies who don't have the caliber employees that Noblis recruits.

Noblis is an employee-centric firm that values innovative thought and rewards high intiative.

Having been with the company for over a decade Noblis has lived up to its own company credo of doing your job for the best of reasons. Although, not as mature as some of the larger technology consulting firm, it has found a great niche that focuses on bringing to bear the company innovations.

Pros

Flexible work environment, employee-centric

Cons

Business development needs to mature

Noblis insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Left due to management pushing favoritism instead of seniority.

The lead at the shipyard pushes to have friends hired and places them over people with seniority. Giving them easier jobs and allowing them to do whatever they want and if you aren't in the click you get called out for it. You never know what attitude the lead will come to work with or develop while at work. Was reported but HR seems to be more concerned on keeping crazy employed than keeping good workers. Several have left because of this and the company doesn't get the picture. No room for advancement.

Pros

they paid for one day of work that was done but still took out money after cancellation.

Cons

leaving this $]-[ithole

Not for long term growth

Favoritism, lazy folks - get away with a bare minimum, incompetent managers, favorites are promoted and given superior work - not much quality of work available either. Stay away from this place ...not for honest and achiever.

Benefits

Cons

Managers and work culture

Great place and great benefits.

Noblis is a great company. It has great benefits and they genuinely care about the employees. I wish I could have stayed but my contract with the subsidiary ESI didn’t work out.

Pros

Employee attention, benefits

Cons

Hard to switch elsewhere in the company.

Good company with solid culture

Solid company for an internship. Centers around a 10-week project where you will put your coding skills to the test as well as learn new ones. Other interns are impressive, and I learned a lot from them too. Very worth it if you want to gain experience in your technical field.

Pros

Good pay for interns, numerous opportunities to learn new skills, clear project goal

Cons

Managment sometimes doesn't know what it wants out of a project

I worked on average 75 hours a week and most weekends with the expectation of making no errors despite exhaustion. The PTO was average, about 20 days a year, with the usual holidays off, but I worked most holidays and never had a chance to use my PTO.

Pros

Christmas bonus

Cons

Long hours and weekend work

A great place for an early career professional to work. The culture is pretty great, and while the work/life balance is dependent on your office, I haven’t heard of anyone who couldn’t find the balance they wanted. Good benefits, though the maternity/paternity leave is pretty disappointing compared to other tech/defense companies. Noblis had a great COVID response (remote work, communication with all employees, safety measures for those who have to work in the office)

Pros

Supportive coworkers, good managers, good vision

Cons

Clique mentality in some teams, maternity/paternity leave is just ok

Productivd

Working here is ok great place for growth not somewhere you should stay if you eant to advance your career ,other than that great pay and benefits, did i mention great pay and benefits

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

The government treats contractors like dirt

Alot of opportunity

This company invests in its people and there are a lot of opportunities to succeed. They invest in R&D and innovation which allows you to learn new technologies and test them out.

Small enough to learn and grow, great work/life balance

Noblis is a great place to work, the teams are fairly small so you have the opportunity to work on a lot of different projects and diversity your experience along the way. The culture is pretty good too, work life balance is good. One negative I have experienced is research project teams definitely get a preference, even if in some cases they are not deserving.

Join for a career not just a job

This is a high impact career choice for highly achieving customer oriented technical professionals who are generally regarded as subject matter experts in their field. Team oriented but focused on the individual. Equitable pay with exceptional benefits. Great management who really care about their staff. Many opportunities to grow as well as to expand into other areas.

Pros

Benefits are top tier, people are fantastic

Cons

High expectations for an often challenging set of government clients

Great Experience

Interesting and exciting mission and opportunities inclusive diverse missions passionate smart people innovative exciting developments and projects great experience

Generally a good place to work

I really liked Noblis at first - there were a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. The teams that I worked on were phenomenal. By my 5th year there they had some issues with contracts...as a result I did software testing for something like 3-4 years - I was unable to meet many of my "yearly goals" and "growth goals" as a result of the type of work that was available at that time in that company. If they had not had to RIF a number of people, I would still be working there.

Stale, poor management, unreliable work

Promised tasked orders not complete. False work orders. Management communication non existent. Constant micromanagement. Company cares more about share holder value.

Noblis Cares

Noblis has created a productive work space that safe and inclusive. You can tell they care about culture and the surrounding community. They are constantly looking for new innovative ways to help the customer.

Excellent company

5 star company with excellent pay and benefits. Work in an advanced environment for demanding customers. A rewarding experience if you can meet the full time demands.

Great Place to work

Great benefits and retirement. Not for profit. Great workplace culture. Flexable hours. Work from home maximum 2 days per work. Great work/life balance.

Program Management

Working for Noblis ESI has been rewarding. I have learned a lot. Currently I support my client with every day program management duties assisting as needed.

Mostly Nothing Special

Your experience really depends upon your chain of command and your client/contract. My experience with the client and the client's chain of command was excellent. They were nice and flexible. The work, however, was boring and sometimes arguably not really in scope. The Noblis chain of command was not good. Focus was seemingly on money. They demanded off-time business development work annually. They would ding you on your bonus for not doing this. My task order manager was nice mostly, but inexplicably he hurt me on my review and bonus for no reason at all other than he was upset at me about not responding to his last minute email while I was on travel. We remained friendly, but I lost respect for him. The benefits are pretty good. The insurance is UHC Choice Plus, and there is an excellent 401K program.

Exciting work, comfortable work culture, premium facilities, nice people

For the most part Noblis has a good culture, most managers have good ethics and care about their employees. People are passionate about their work and serving the client missions, it most certainly is not about the bottom line. The non-profit culture is different for most and not as conducive for advancement for someone at my career stage. Less investment is made in employee development and lacks organizational structure in key areas.

Pros

Flexibility, Excellent Tuition Reimbursement, Premier Building Facilities, Expert Visiting Speakers, Benefits, Ethical, Technical Innovation

Cons

Lack of employee development, properly staffing roles, pockets of challenged leadership and management, highly introverted staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noblis. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Noblis.
Powered byComparably