NOCO Energy Corp. Employee Reviews

Beware
Energy Adviser (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 22, 2019
At first they put on a good show but, poor management, watch your back, dog eat dog environment. No, official performance reviews. If their not happy with what you do or say, hey will treat you poorly to push you out the door and then fire you.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYApril 14, 2019
Company is being sold, other wise I would still be there. Great training department. Company looks out for their associates. Management works hard with everyone
Job sucks
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 27, 2019
Poor management
Gives you more loads before asking you as if you have no life outside work
Trucks break down all the time
Trucks suspension very bad hurts your back after couple days
No morning shifts
Official response from NOCO Energy Corp.
April 3, 2019

We are sorry your experience did not match your expectations. We are committed to creating a comfortable and safe environment for all our employees so we are disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. I do encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources department if you want to discuss further. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Fun work environment as long as you do your work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 24, 2019
The work was easy and there was always plenty to do. It was easy to get ahead as well. As long as you do your work, show up on time, stay off your phone, you will be fine.
Official response from NOCO Energy Corp.
April 3, 2019

We are happy to see that you enjoyed your position and the NOCO environment and have highlighted those in your five star rating! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYMarch 24, 2019
Lottery machine,register,stocking,inventory,cleaning store. Typically I would get there around 730am count drawyer, make sure aisles are stocked. Making sure fresh coffee was made.
Pros
Great relationships with customers
Cons
HArd to get a break if only one working
Alright place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYMarch 19, 2019
They seem to fire people often they get rid of people that have been there for a long time with out a good reason. All these extra managers that aren’t needed are taking up good pay for regular employees. Fire good employees. Keep bad employees.
Great job, no balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYFebruary 2, 2019
Very enjoyable job. Unfortunately no work life balance. High energy and very stressful. Dm makes a difference. You are on call 24/7 . Not a great training structure.
Pros
Discount on food at certain locations, free coffee at others
Cons
No breaks, long hours, on call 24/7
If you enjoy hard work and no free time, this job is for you.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lockport NYNovember 21, 2018
It was a good job at the start, but once employees either quit or were fired, staff was hard to come by. There were weeks I was working almost 40 hours on a part time job. You also have virtually no benefits from working here.
Pros
Make some good work friends
Cons
Everything else
Not the best
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 19, 2018
Very hard to find people to cover shifts, management went down the tubes after a while. Not a safe place to work, especially for a young woman. Would not work there ever again!
Need to re-evaluate management
Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYNovember 6, 2018
District manager for Lackwanna NY, was always surly. I was told no heavy lifting. I had to lift continuedly 40+ cases of beer & 50lb bags of ice, & change out the heavy garbage's. Not a light duty job to work.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
barely breaks
I would like to move up in the company
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 4, 2018
There are certain things that should be approved inside of my NOCO location things such as communication organize putting things in place putting things back teamwork and just looking out for one another coming in or near time at least 20 to 15 minutes earlier.
Fast paced
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYOctober 20, 2018
They had me do to much work and the pay was awful. They would often call me back in to work after I was home. The district manager was not a very nice person at all. Took blame for things out of my control.
very stressful work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYSeptember 29, 2018
overall noco has a positive work environment. You make many friends there including customers that is what i always look forward to.The job can be extremely stressful and demanding daily. can never keep employees of all departments.
Management was horrible
cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NY 14086September 26, 2018
The current manager at the time of July 2016 was never fair. He would not help when I was in college and would make me miss classes in order to keep my hours.
He would make us feel like we are not wanted there. The majority of us did not like how he would take constant breaks and always be smoking cigarettes. He would waste time sitting in the office doing nothing but would yell at us cashiers if there was a long line.

The assistant managers were also selling drugs out of the store and leave shifts without clocking out.
Problematic
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYAugust 18, 2018
Employees slacked off and managers were not there to help, always grumpy and difficult to work with. Was alone on a busy shift leaving all duties to me while during rush hours.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no breaks, no food, alone on shift during rush
great place to work when people show up for shifts
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYAugust 6, 2018
great place to as long as other employees show up for shifts. once promoted to management, you basically work where they tell you to work. they try to keep you in the area you live
Pros
meet a wide varity of people
Cons
stress with management
N/a
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYJuly 25, 2018
The Noco I worked for had a store manager who knew the family of one of the workers. She became store manager herself, not knowing ANYTHING about business or customer service. She is VERY obnoxious how she speaks. She does not do ANY work except the essential paper work. She gossips and is very passive-aggressive.
Great work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 30, 2018
NOCO was the BEST job I ever had! Great upper management and office staff, always someone to help out if you need it. Competitive store to store but made to be fun and as a learning technique.
Good Days
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2018
I usually spend my day cleaning or on the cash register but I've on worked here a few days but as of right now I enjoy it. The managers and other employees are cool.
Nope
Energy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 30, 2018
I liked all the employees that I worked with besides my manager. He talked a big game but never really came through on what he said. Very good company.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of mentor ship & Poor training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NOCO Energy Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.