Nokia Employee Reviews

Found 1,022 reviews matching the search See all 3,492 reviews
Great Company
National Promotions Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2018
Great company to work for, lots of enthusiasm and interesting having its heritage from Finland which filters through the organization. A shame they no longer have the phone business
Nokia Blows
software test engineer (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 12, 2018
Don't work there unless you like getting fired. Upper mgmt only cares about the bottom line and will keep firing people or move work overseas to accomplish their goals.
Pros
Great smart people to work with
Cons
No job security
Good Salary and Benefits
Senior Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 12, 2018
Nokia offers Good Salary and Benefits but the balance between work and life is really bad.
Work load is really high. They reduced the workforce even after increasing the projects amount.
Bad and confuse decisions from SLT affect employees future and the business
Pros
Good Salary and Benefits
Cons
Work load is really high
It is an intresting journey @ Nokia
Project Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 10, 2018
Due to challenging market conditions, management would always paint a positive picture towards employees.

It was very motivating helping site Project Manangers, Solution Managers, Account Managers in solving complex problems to meet the customers timelines with creative ideas and solutions and they would always depend and trust on our team. They all always appreciatted it, end of day it was for the customer and company.
Pros
Free Coffee
Overall good learning experience working on my last project
Independent Contractor - RF Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 9, 2018
Con is that there is no life outside work. There are no activities outside of work which work on team building. Pay is low.
No cups for coffee. office was not being cleaned. there is no trash can in the office. ALU office was very dark and depressing.

Managers are very nice and have a lot of knowledge.
Nice job
Technical Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2018
My work day was to come in and get my day started by getting the things I needed to work on mobile phones. I learned a lot about mobile phones and how they really work.
Workplace culture was great
Overall is good company
Sr. LTE RF Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 4, 2018
It is one of the best of telecommunication Vendors to work for.
Providing regular training for employees. Have good benefits. Workplace culture is also good.
Pros
One of the best work enviroment in telecom business.
Cons
Usually requires to travel
Very top down and political environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 4, 2018
Management is expected to provide approvals for many tasks and to direct the employees which I haven't seen for many years. Difficult to get internal issues resolved due to most support people working in low cost Countries in different time zones. Many opportunities to learn and try new things due to such a large technology company.
Pros
high tech
Cons
micro-management
Excelente
Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MEOctober 2, 2018
aprendo muchas cosas sobre ing
instalaciones, implementacion, tecnologias
Melhor empresa que trabalhei
Head de Recursos Humanos (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLOctober 1, 2018
. ambiente dinâmico e saudável;
. ótimos salários e benefícios;
. ótima cultura e valores;
. excelentes oportunidades de desenvolvimento;
. ótimos líderes.
Pros
cultura e valores
Cons
longas jornadas de trabalho
Good people to work with but constant cutbacks since 2000 as Lucent
Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 29, 2018
I enjoyed working with a diverse group of talented people. Management always showed concern for individual needs as well as business needs. A variety of tasks were available to perform. At the end of my tenure cost reductions and force reductions were difficult to deal with. The job hours were flexible and benefits were OK. I would have liked to have more training available in new technologies but the cutbacks did not always make that possible.
Pros
Concern for the individual by management, flexibility
Cons
Job Security
B2B customers services
IP Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 29, 2018
i am handling of B2B customers services. i learned about IP Network issue. that place was Tel-co environment. The hardest part of my job was dealing with customers.
Pros
transportation charges
Cons
health care
Stressful
Closeout Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 26, 2018
I was a contractor at Nokia for 11 months. At the beginning we had to bring our own, personal laptops to work on. I had to buy my own. They moved us to a section where we didn't have our own desks and had to find one everyday. It was a nightmare at times, especially when people started to fight over desks.

I did enjoy the team I worked with and liked the work a lot.
Pros
I liked my team
Cons
No paid time off, no desk, no phone
A large multi-national company that still felt small and focused on our long-term customers.
Senior Manager of the North American (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 21, 2018
Nokia/Lucent was large company that struggled to maintain market share in a challenging and competitive telecom market. I saw the progress the company made, even after being acquired by Alcatel as I worked closely with the French Alcatel leaders post-merger. I enjoyed the complexities of my job and maintaining a successful US contact center while working on the global footprint, systems and customers' experience.
Pros
Working in a technology industry.
Cons
Working with global centers and having conference calls at very late and early hours.
Nokia
Technical Support Cloud Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 21, 2018
Nokia has no commitment to its employees. The business needs dictate what happens next. Ideas about how to advance within the industry is not solicited from employees.
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
no commitment to employees
Nice Place to work
Financial Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Providence, NJSeptember 19, 2018
Although Nokia is going through some bad times right now, it was generally a good place to work. I have learned a great deal from both a personal and technical perspective. The workplace is diverse and there is mutual respect for one another among employees.
Pros
The people
Cons
So much going on
Exciting
LTE Release Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Exciting workplace embracing new technology and creating the the networks of the future. Agile and scrum are the new ways of work and are embraced by senior leadership.
Not the same company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 12, 2018
I started working when this company was AT&T, then Lucent then Alcatel-Lucent now Nokia. It is not the same company. The workplace culture is not good.
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
Since company was bought by Nokia, the culture has degraded and it is no longer a fun place to work.
Senior Engineer, Technical Support
Senior Engineer, Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
We run on a Round Robin Queue system. Take from 3 to 7 issues a day. Help Field engineers trouble shoot system and gather information for development in cases where a product defect is found. Typically Software defects.
I enjoy talking to varied individuals whom have to work in the field and helping them out.
Most difficult part is when the customer is relying on you to figure out the cause of intermittent issues.
Pros
The customer is typically enjoyable to work with.
Cons
Skills not seen by executive levels.
Fast-paced work environment
Wireless Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 11, 2018
Working with different teams around the global to provide the best Wireless network solutions to US customers, verifying LTE Wireless products, providing IP and network designs and integration, support mobility customers Airscale LTE, WCDMA/UMTS, CDMA and EVDO technologies with troubleshooting and analyze network KPIs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nokia. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.3K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight