Nolan Transportation Group Employee Reviews

Unprofessional work environment/ Frat House
Senior Broker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 11, 2018
If you have an interview coming up or just received and offer, and googled reviews on this company please read this. This company only cares about one thing: Money. They don't care about their employees and you are micromanaged HEAVILY. They demand you to make 100+ phone calls per day (take a moment to think about how many calls that is per hour, day, and week). This place is not for someone who looking to begin their career on the right path. There is loud (half the time inappropriate) music playing in the background nonstop and sometimes customers hang up on you because of it. Please do extensive research and ask questions before making a final decision, because they don't tell you how cut throat and demanding they are, in your interview. If you want to be somewhere more professional, with management that values their employees, this is not the place. Best of luck.
Pros
Free Red Bull/Food every so often
Cons
Mini frat house; tobacco chewing is allowed;very poor management/leadership
NTG Broker/Senior Broker
Sales - Broker, Senior Broker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 12, 2018
I started working at NTG after a successful few years at C.H. Robinson. I was excited to have the chance of a transparent commission schedule which unfortunately did not exist at my prior role. After working at NTG for 6 months the company halved the commission structure with no chance to grandfather anyone in.
Pros
Monthly commission
Cons
poor work life blance
Sales based
Senior Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2018
You can make a ton of money if your position says broker. If it does not and you still do the same function you will not be compensated appropriately.
Terrible don’t even do it to yourself
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GASeptember 26, 2018
This job is terrible and so is the company. It’s a joke for a HS student. Please avoid. Pay is trash and mgmt is a joke. Not professional glad I didn’t get the job honestly it saved me a headache. They interviewed me with sandals and beach shorts on it was a joke I didn’t get the job because I was overqualified LOL
Frat Central Slamming Calls and Annoying Carriers/Companies
Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 20, 2018
The review title says it all. Loud, usually offensive, music. No true organization in day to day responsibilities. Truly a number, not a team member.
Cold calls and loud music
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 4, 2018
If you want to spend all day on a phone annoying logistics managers across the country all while loud, annoying music blares throughout the office then this is the place for you. No training, no "good job", just grind grind grind. Not the place to look if looking for a long term career. Can you make tons of money - yes. But of my 16 person recruiting class that was hired 9 months ago, more than half are gone or moved to other positions within the company.
Pros
A few good co-workers
Cons
cold calls, crazy company culture (lots of drinking), unprofessional
Eh
Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2018
Overall, good company. Lots of advancement opportunities for all positions. Culture is nice and relaxing for the most part. Really just depends on the department you're applying for.
Benefits
Cons
Leadership
very professional
Logistics Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  GAAugust 10, 2018
very professional management
fun place to work
good benefits
works to create work/life balance
401K match
always changing
largest growing 3PL company
Pros
will work to create work/life balance
Operations coordinator team lead (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 28, 2018
It’s a good place to work for college students that just graduated. It’s growth with in the company if your really interested in logistics. It’s a growing company and I enjoy it.
Good workplace
Carrier Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 28, 2018
Good team environment, while I worked there the Company overall was going through organizational culture change. I felt management didn't have a grip on how to manage it but the employees at the Company did a good job and they were good to work with.
Fun Enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 19, 2018
Incredible culture but work/life balance can be a little difficult. It is clearly up to each individual on how you handle the work/life balance. Made friendships that will last a lifetime.
Productive and fun workplace
Tracking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 4, 2018
As a tracking specialists I was responsible for tracking shipments back and forth in a timely manner, and relying any problems to the broker. It was a relaxed environment with really nice people.
Lots of stressful work for no money
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2018
Very unprofessional work environment. Constant noise and the compensation is laughable in Atlanta GA. They treat their employees terribly and there is absolutely no opportunity for advancement. I can't say enough bad things about this company.
My favorite job
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2018
After leaving college I went into 2 jobs that were NOT great and ended up finding NTG through acquaintances-- best decision ever. I actually enjoy my day to day now, I enjoy my coworkers, I enjoy what I do and the communicative team work environment that is promoted. I get excited to attend company events and get more involved! It's great getting to wear whatever you want, be competitive, and support a great company.
Love that the company solely promotes from within and is growing like a weed-- cool seeing people move up quickly!
Pros
Company catered meals/cookouts, internal competitions, promote from within, casual attire, work hard/play hard, Pto, benefits
As an intern, there are opportunities to get out of the office and communicate with carriers, but you can't be a full time intern.
Operations Intern (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2018
Overall, Nolan provided a good experience for me and the culture is awesome. It's early mornings, but it's nice to get off early as well. I believe that everyone is willing to help you learn and are willing to give you assignments that will help you grow.
Great place to work!
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMarch 9, 2018
I've been at Nolan for about 8 months and i absolutely love working here. its a very laid back environment and the work load isn't too overwhelming. the culture is great and management is always open questions, comments or concerns.
review
Accounts Receivable/Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2018
Decent place to work, but pay is low. I would recommend to someone in college looking for work experience, unless you are satisfied with low pay every paycheck
Frat House 3PL Brokerage
Senior Operations Manager - DFW Office (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2018
If you are a fresh college graduates who wants to act like you never left college, NTG could be the perfect place for you. There is room for substantial growth, but the hours are demanding, and it's just such a brofest.
Frat boy job
Senior Broker and National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 27, 2017
Poured my heart and soul into this job and was discarded like garbage. This is a horrible frat boy life style job. Good pay but don’t get too excited. The first time you make a mistake you will be terminated. Walking on constant egg shells.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, lifestyle, loyal, help, management, atmosphere, eggshells all the time, and woman are treated like garbage.
Great Place
Account Executive/Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 14, 2017
I would recommend Nolan Transportation Group to anyone who was looking for a great opportunity. The culture there is unmatched. It is a fast paced environment but working with people you call friends makes it all worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nolan Transportation Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about