Noland Health Services Employee Reviews

Hard but rewarding
RN (Current Employee) –  Pell City, ALJune 4, 2018
This facility trains some of the nursing aides, and the instructor truly cares about her students and our residents. The Certified Nursing Aides give excellent care and work long, hard shifts. The Executive Director is a caring person who wants to provide the best care possible for our residents and staff. I have had a very positive experience working for this company. It is a difficult job every day. It is worth the effort because I believe in what I do and who I serve. I work long hours at times, but Noland offers good paid time off.
Pros
Paid time off, environment of support.
Cons
Hours, level of responsibility.
Village at Cook Springs
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pell City, ALMay 13, 2018
the hardest part of my job is management treats us so unfairly, i do not feel appreciated for what i do at my job. I learned team building with my coworkers
Good opportunity to improve skill
Long -term Acute Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 12, 2018
Noland is a good place to acquire advanced nursing skills. Not a good teaching environment Also, it is had to get full-time hours, nurses are called off a lot due to low census.
Long hours, low wages, limited opportunity for advancement
Director of Food and Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 14, 2018
long work hours. low wages. little opportunity for advancement with the company. hiring process to long. hard to retain employees. not paid holidays .
Pros
low cost lunches for employees, vacation days
Cons
Cons of the company was long work hours, low wages, limited opportunity for advancement
People in my department were not easy to work with it was a toxic enviroment.
Activities/Guest Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 11, 2018
the work environment in my department was very toxic. My supervisor wasn't very helpful and was very demanding. The hardest part of the job was the people in my department. The most enjoyable part was the residence that I helped worked with.
Pros
Residence
Cons
Work enviroment in my department
Environment
Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech/PCT (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa County, ALApril 11, 2018
I love the atmosphere and the possibility to advance. The opportunity to advance is awesome. I love he fast/ steady pace environment. I love learning new things.
Pros
No pros
Cons
At a time it was a struggle to get a lunch break or bathroom break.
Workplace culture.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pell City, ALApril 9, 2018
If your reason for working here is to make a difference in the life of the residents that live here don't bother. The pay is so low that only 2 types of people work there. The people who care and the people don't. The people that don't care and that just show up outnumber the others by a lot. so that means that all the new staff coming in are being trained to not care and be lazy. It's a vicious cycle that is only going to get worse.
Pros
Life experience
Cons
Pay
does not pay well
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALApril 2, 2018
I love my job but the pay is not good. My boss is awesome but the money is just not there. I do not make enough money to keep up with the cost of living expenses.
Great company - No room for growth
Human Resources Manager, Senior Living Division (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 22, 2018
Great company to work for. They are not for profit so they tend to be cheap. only 2% pay increase annually. Benefits expensive. There are multiple locations in the Alabama area. Birmingham, Mobile, Daphne, Fairhope.
Worst place I've ever worked
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALMarch 18, 2018
The Oaks has some of the let wonderful staff members and residents but the management ruins every one who comes through that Facility. The administrator puts in appropriate residents in the facility and never has the staff to take care of the residents. They treat staff like and make them feel disposable. Stay far away from this facility!
Pros
Great staff, residents
Cons
Overworked, horrible management, low pay, high premiums, staff treated like trash
Fast-paced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 3, 2018
This position required attentive assessments of each pt.The rewarding part of this career is pt progress of becoming independent with daily activities
This company is great.
Adminastrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALFebruary 9, 2018
This company will take care of you. Our administrator is very kind and understanding. This is a team based company and they let you know we are a team everyday.
Productive and lots of team effort
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALFebruary 7, 2018
i loved working there, the co workers were amazing and helpful with everything. I really miss working there. It is definately and amazing place to work
Pros
Co workers are amazing
Cons
cant think of one
Not only being emploteed there was bad its horrible for the poor people who live there
RESIDENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL AID (Former Employee) –  Cook Springs, ALJanuary 24, 2018
Management there is a joke! If the person over everyone doesn't like you you'll never do anything other than what you got hired to do and that's if you are allowed to stay. They don't fire you there they make you miserable until you just can't stand it anymore and you quit. I wouldn't allow my dog to live there with the way I saw some of the residents treated and when you can't watch it any longer and repirt those type employees you're taken into an office and you get in trouble for alerting the manager about their conduct .
Pros
Leaving
Cons
To many to list
A great place to work.
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 16, 2018
a typical day working at Noland was busy. I learend to be very patient. the management was different but skillful. The most comfortable work place I every worked at.The hardest part of the job was scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the jobwas meeting new people.
Awful place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALJanuary 3, 2018
I would not recommend working here. The management is awful and doesn’t care about employees or residents. DONT SEND YOUR FAMILY HERE!!!!! Worst place I have ever worked
no teamwork
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALDecember 27, 2017
absolutely no teamwork from coworker or nurses. Administration would not comply with their policies on teamwork or using two person equipment. Nurses had attitudes about anything you asked them to help with
Pros
Cons
no team work
Apply
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALDecember 25, 2017
If you have ever worked fast food you will enjoy working for the Kitchen. It is a fast paced job where no one needs to be slacking. The priority at the end of the day is to leave your residents with a smile and a fully tummy. Management isn't the best but the kitchen staff is who really runs the kitchen and they are awesome. Please consider this job!
Pros
Pro free lunch and there is always extra cake or cookies.
Cons
you will end up working most all holidays including Christmas.
Institutional and unfriendly
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rotated hallsDecember 21, 2017
Unfriendly, unconcerned management. Facility administrator rarely made appearance outside of her office. Not helpful, appeared uninterested in staff and residents. Facility feels old and institutional. Staff is overworked. Under-staffed.
Pros
Food was good, residents are always a pro.
Cons
Poor management, unfriendly institutional atmosphere.
I enjoyed my job
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company. It had it pros and con's but overall I loved it. I'm just trying to relocate and would love to stay in the medical field a job and position that I lovd

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noland Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.