Nomad Health

Nomad Health insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Cool Culture, but LOTS of work.

They try their best, but there is an overwhelming amount of work to be done. Expect to work around the clock and it being unclear how to complete certain tasks. Everyone is so busy that it is difficult to feel comfortable asking questions.

Pros

Relaxed environment

Amongst best pay for trave nurses

No recruiters, makes it hard to not have someone to settles issues. You get a “nurse navigator “ who is often slow to respond. But, that being said, you are paid more since they don’t have recruiters

Unprofessional

I will not work for this company again!! They do not support their staff and the recruiters are not knowledgeable at all. No one could even give you information on health insurance.

Productive and fun

Great management, open communication, good workplace culture. I feel respected and see opportunities for growth. I am pleased with my workload and responsibilities.

Travel nurses go elsewhere ...Not worth it.

I traveled through thiscompany previously withno problems. I suppose the company expanded with unfavorable consequences. Being bigger isn’t necessarily better. Their credentialing staff now has absolutely no clue what they are doing. Website will invite you to apply for jobs telling you your qualifications are completed. Then a week later after applying you get a notice that you are not qualified, changing the requirements as they please. They also will send you to a job site and at the last minute tell you your credentials aren’t complete though previously telling you they were. Total waste of your time uploading all your information. I don’t believe the administrative staff have any understanding of nursing or requirements in the medical field. They also have no loyalty to their nurses. If you get canceled (because the hospital really doesn’t want to continue to pay crisis rates once their needs have changed), they will notsupport you in any way. They treat you like it’s your fault even when they know it isn’t. Pay isdecent, but it’s just not worth it! Find a different company - there’s plenty of them!

Pros

Decent pay packages for travel nurses

Cons

Totally inefficient-very slow processing applications resulting in little chance at being hired.

I was ghosted two months into the travel assignment. No reply to requests, no guidance, no follow up.

There are no recruiters or anyone who knows anything about the nursing profession. This company is a waste of time, energy and resources and should be avoided. The hospital I was working at wanted to extend my contract and Nomad never responded to the hospital's request for an extension.

Very unorganized and unprofessional

I had a recruiter laugh at me during a conference call to fix her mistakes. It takes them forever to pay you when they mess up your payroll. Extremely unorganized! They also do not communicate well with their travel nurses. I’ve had better travel nursing companies. Do yourself a favor and go with another travel company. Would not recommend!

Poor Communication

Stay away from this companyDoes not communicate at all. Takes 48 hrs or more for someone to get back with you. Very slow with processing applications. Not a good company for travel nurses

Pros

Cons

Poor communication

Nomad is nice because you don’t have a recruiter

I like nomad, always answer my text, pays well, has a lot of travel options. Always checking in. Will remind you when time cards are due. Usually has the higher rates

Great people, little room for growth

If you come in at the bottom rungs of the ladder (at an associate or analyst level), you will not rise up the food chain, no matter what this company promises. In operations, 99% of the work is mind-numbing stuff that anyone with a high school diploma and a lot of motivation can do. The biggest challenges of the job are purely due to the growing pains of a startup - bad technological infrastructure, unclear job descriptions, constant workflow changes. I can't imagine anyone would be challenged intellectually by a role in operations - just frustrated. Work-life balance can be problematic depending on surges in the market, and it's difficult to increase staff during busy times since training is so convoluted.However, the people working at Nomad are uniformly kind, supportive, and friendly. It's a casual environment with unlimited PTO that everyone really does end up using to full advantage. The culture is good and the pay is good for how little skill you need to do most of the jobs at the company, but it sometimes comes at the price of your mental health when frustrations build up around inefficiencies in this growing company.

Pros

company culture, unlimited PTO and semi-flexible schedules

Cons

unstimulating work, lack of upward mobility, unclear job descriptions that can lead to doing extra work that seems out of your zone

Fast paced and exciting

Management here is amazing. They are very respectful of the fact you have a life outside of work and they want you to rest and take breaks. Compensation is a little low bc it’s a startup but they make up for it in enthusiasm, culture, and great management.

Pros

Good leaders and good upward movement

Cons

Low compensation

Company driven for change with lots of opportunities

Really nice office and encouraging team. In a massive growth stage, so you can get a little lost in the shuffle, and you have to work a little harder to figure things out and get things done, so I would recommend a better onboarding process.

Pros

Free snacks and bagels

Cons

Need more engineering resources

Productive workplace environment

Working at Nomad Health was an overall good experience. The environment was casual and friendly. The work is meaningful and there were a lot of learning opportunities.

Inclusive company, asks for feedback on their performance

As a travel nurse I was hesitant to try a platform that did not have recruiters but it has turned out great! I enjoy being able to research my own jobs and have felt very supported during the hiring process and throughout my contracts by all of the Nomad staff that I’ve worked with. I’ve had the CEO, Alexi Nazem, reach out to me and ask what Nomad could do to be a better company for their travel nurses.

Pros

Good support, friendly staff

Cons

Health insurance is a little expensive

Great experience with awesome agents

This was my first travel experience and I was nervous. They are so awesome to work, any questions or concerns they will address right away. I highly recommend Nomad for any travel assignment. I cannot thank them enough for all that they did and do. They check on you and make sure you are happy with your assignment, and the compensation is great. It is the best decision I made by going with NOMAD.

Stay away

Staff is not engaging at all. Mean and insulting to nurses not competent I called the location of a job posted to see if I was interested in the job befor applying I was offered the job and nomad still could not get anything right even after I reached out and got the job myself totally incompetent dotards

Process over progress

Nomad is not a place for creative, user-centric product work. A mix of inexperience and outdated methodology at the top makes for a toxic work culture more fixated on process and the appearance of collaborative work than on implementing and shipping product.

Poor Communication

Communication between office and staff nurses is poor and they do NOT stand behind their nurses. Hiring process was excruciating even after the job offer, found out that they still had not completed all their background & reference checks. Office staff is very pushy when they need something from you, however administration will not return calls when you call them.

Pros

Good compensation

Cons

Poor politics

Poor experience

Nomad was not a good experience. I felt belittled and betrayed the entire time I was there. I would not recommend the place to anyone at all, and would not encourage enyone to work there.

Pros

Cons

No work ethic at all

Very friendly staff, organized, and great nursing support

enjoyed working for this company, it was for a short period of time but they were awesome. very involved with their employees and always available for assistance if needed. the company told you up front what the pay was, housing etc, there was no BS what so ever. i would travel with this company in the future for sure!

Pros

Pay, frequent check ins from company staff, very organized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nomad Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits