NOMS Healthcare Employee Reviews

This workplace was terrible
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield OhioSeptember 26, 2018
Opinions aren’t valued, you are treated as if you don’t know anything. No training. They lie in the initial interview just to get you in. Terrible place to work, but decent doctors. I would never recommend this place to anyone
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Benefits, management, Hr.
Hands down the best place I have ever worked
Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJuly 18, 2018
I've read some of the reviews here and am baffled. I absolutely love my job, and NOMS! NOMS is the best place I have ever worked. The management at NOMS is very understanding and compassionate. There is an open door policy and they actually want you to use it. The CEO is a down to earth family man who genuinely cares about his staff. I have recommended jobs at NOMS to people and will continue to do so.
Pros
PTO after 90 days, relaxed atmosphere, knowledgeable, understanding management, great people to work with, tons of extras that companies just don't do anymore
Cons
None that I can think of
Best Company to Work for in Area
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  SanduskyMay 15, 2018
NOMS Healthcare has been a pleasure to work for, for the past three years. I have grown tremendously in my career and feel the company as a whole truly takes pride in each and every employee. The work life balance is truly amazing and I look forward to many more years with the company.
Pros
Work life balance, culture, opportunity for growth
Cons
Stresses due to healthcare changes
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 14, 2018
Management is poor, pay and benefits are poor. No advancements, but NOMS is a great place to work as far as great drs, works with your personal life with time off.
Pros
Free lunches, drs are great, hours are great
Cons
Great company to work for
Clinical Advocate (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHApril 27, 2018
A company to finally put their employees and patients first! With any growth comes challenges and growing pains. But overall the spirit and drive of the leaders is superb. Work and home life balance is valued. I've not experienced any negative or unprofessional behavior from management. They listen and are down to earth which makes you feel valued and equal.
Pros
Team collaboration, Pto, the service to patients
Cons
Alot of growth and changes which is not all bad.
This place is AWFUL. Supervisors who know NOTHING call themselves DIRECTORS and put you down and make stuff up to further their POWER trip
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 24, 2018
The main guy... sends out daily QUOTES about how WONDERFUL his management staff is on bringing the TEAM environment to this ...as he quoted saying. A FOR PROFIT organization. (hence..NO RAISE FOR ANY OF HIS EMPOYEES") He should know his QUOTES are ridiculed daily cuz of one person on his staff that treats her LESSER employees badly...as we are numerously reminded, she is salary...so better than any of us.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
we will all be their patients soon due to he stress they put us thru
Best company I have ever worked for!
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHApril 2, 2018
I honestly don't understand the negative reviews, but take them with a grain of salt. Not everyone has the same work ethic, and disgruntled employees, for whatever the reason, can be very vocal. My experience so far with this company had been absolutely stellar. Paid, extensive training, the fulfillment of every promise made, management sent from heaven, a great work schedule and the opportunity to work with some of the finest doctors and staff around. By far, one of the best, if not THE best, company I have ever had the privilege to be part of. I consider myself EXTREMELY fortunate to be part of the NOMS family, and the wonderful feedback and support I get from my supervisors makes me feel like I am invaluable. That alone is spectacular. You can always tell a great company by how the treat their employees, and I can honestly say I've never been treated better. They make me feel like they consider themselves lucky to have me, when really it's me who's the lucky one.
Pros
Pay, benefits, kind and supportive management, great coworkers and awesome doctors.
Cons
There aren't any. Period.
Very poor management
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 6, 2018
Management doesn't care about your concerns. If you aren't friends with management then you get treated horribly. No organization. Pay is extremely low for what they expect you to do.
Cons
Management is very poor.
Productive and fun work environment with a sense of family and outside work activities importance.
Clinical Advocate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 27, 2018
NOMS is a positive work environment that focuses not only on their patients, but also their employees. Monday-Friday work schedule with compassionate physicians and office staff.
Pros
Excellent management and co-workers that provide a family environment. Team-oriented.
Great work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 23, 2018
NOMS is a great place to work. I enjoy coming to work every day! The management cares and listens. We have an open door policy. Our CEO is down to earth and makes everyone feel welcome. The Doctors are fantastic. I would recommend this company to friends and family.
Pros
401K, Pto, atmosphere, environment
Cons
I can't think of any

Want to know more about NOMS Healthcare?

Ask a question
Team oriented company
Full Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 23, 2018
I have worked for this company 10 plus years and have enjoyed my time here. Management takes the time to listen to your concerns. Fast paced environment. The CEO is the coolest CEO around town. The atmosphere is down to earth and all employees work as a team. I would recommend this company to my friends and family.
Pros
team oriented, 401K, Pto, snack machine
Cons
NOMS has a Team based culture
Director (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 21, 2018
NOMS is a great place to work don't believe the haters.
NOMS has a open door policy
Administration is extremely professional and treat everyone with respect.
Our organization is filled with bright forward thinking physicians with compassion.
Pros
Cutting edge company
Cons
Unfortunately bad place to work..it could be so much more
Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 19, 2018
Hostile working environment. Accusations and not listening or caring. Upper management needs to be reviewed by the owners or the growth of NOMS will be like building your house in the sand. It's very unfortunate they let go of great dedicated hard working honest employees when what they need to do is look at the higher ups.. I would not recommend working here. However The doctors at NOMS are a great group of doctors.
Pros
Nothing, if I had to say 401k and fellow employees
Cons
Administation, your opinions dosent matter, they do not listen or care
Would not recommend
Nurse (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 12, 2018
No culture diversity...poor management... nose up in the air staff...senior staff likes to net pick and talk down to newer employees..was lied to during orientation about floating between offices...worst decision I ever made.
Pros
Monday thru Friday
Cons
No culture diversity.. rude coworkers
Nothing but bullies
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 12, 2018
They allow you to be bullied by certain employees and nothing is ever done. It matters who you know not what you know. When you leave each day you feel like the life is sucked out of you. The policies change daily. Directors are cliquey and play favorites. They are the biggest bullies. If they don’t like you they will find a reason to get you out even if it means making up lies. They find any reason not to give raises. Very disappointing
Pros
The actual employees
Cons
Healthcare, raises
Not so great since they have grown
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 4, 2018
Since their growth there has been so much micro managing. It seems that they are looking for things to write you up for. They have done away with all the niceties.
Pros
Can't think of any right now
Cons
They've taken away all the pros.
DO NOT waste your time
Office (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2017
Lied to at my interview & throughout my employment. Negative atmosphere and management is ridiculous!! There is absolutely no structure and everything changes weekly. Minimal training and it’s like 2 days and you are on your own. You will be criticized for an errors you make, even with minimal training. I would definitely rethink employment here! Horrific management and the stress they put on you is so unhealthy.
Pros
Non
Nice place
Clinical Advocate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHOctober 23, 2017
Well organized. Staff very nice. Job is not for everyone. I loved the company but the job was too slow placed for me. However there’s always work to do and management is very good about finding you a good fit.
Pros
Nice management
Cons
High insurance rates
cliques over everything else
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield Lake, OHJune 17, 2017
In this business it is all about who you know. If you know the right people you will go far. Work ethic has little to do with your value as an employee.
Pros
12 hour work shifts
Cons
Breaks are not scheduled. Rotating door for staff.
Poor Management
Clinical Advocate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 11, 2017
I received POOR training. Shortly after hired I was put in an office off site to work alone. Boring; Very sedentary. Management Favors certain people. If you have an opinion, they don't want to hear it. Professionalism was not there by staff or management; lots of behind the scenes foul language. Staff inappropriately dressed for being nurses looked more like they were going out for the night. No one knew what was going on.
Pros
Cons
Management stinks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NOMS Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.