Nonotuck Resource Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Care manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAFebruary 2, 2018
Great group of people to work with. Somewhat flexible job. Make your own schedule. Paid mileage,vacation, sick time. 401K, profit sharing. The hours vary from week to week. You make your own schedule based on the needs of the member's and their families. No hands on for nurses. Home visits done monthly on members.
Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington MAAugust 14, 2017
I worked with an individual who was deaf and blind. His communication skills were very poor. Integrating him into the community was a difficult challenge, but very rewarding in the long run. I learned the meaning of true patience. His at home care provider was very good about informing staff of the individual's moods and behavior issues on a regular basis. The hardest part of the job was integrating him into the community, but the best part of the job was his laughter.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Didn't really have any
Good company to work with as a sub contractor
Direct Care Staff(shared living provider (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAJune 12, 2017
Working with nonotuck helped me to manage job and plan activities for the individual i supported. Also i felt blessed to assist someone to feel is a part of the community.regardless what she or he is.
Relaxed environment
Registered Nurse - Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAMay 8, 2017
Very flexible hours.
No weekends or holidays.
Work environment is friendly.
Immediate supervisor is great, very under standing and family oriented.
Coworkers are helpful.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management politics
Stay away!
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 25, 2016
This is a terrible place to work. They pretend to be warm, fuzzy, and flexible when in truth they're cold, corporate and dishonest. This company will work you like a slave. I wasn't told when hired that I would be driving 500 miles a week to conduct visits. I also wasn't told that I would be on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The department I worked in was a total mess. It had been that way for almost a year and management seemed completely oblivious as to what was going on. I guess as long as they were getting paid they didn't care! The company was also undergoing a DDS audit which new employees were responsible for even though there wasn't any training or orientation to the job or the company as a whole. Many records hadn't been updated at all yet you were now responsible for procuring many missing documents and creating missing documents in the span of 6-7 weeks. I attended 1 training on the DDS audit. I would have to wait over half a year for an orientation to the company and what their policies and procedures were. Many of the shared living providers that care managers interact with are poorly trained and only doing this for the money. This company needs to do a better job of screening potential providers. You are expected to do their jobs as well as your own. There is no support from management and you are essentially on your own.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything else.
Poor Management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAApril 8, 2016
Worst place to work. Turnover rate in Plymouth is so bad. They can't keep staff because management treats employees terribly. There is no training and they expect you to know everything even after you have informed them that you don't know the regulations of AFC. The Program Director didn't know what she was doing and wasted new employees time by making them sit and stare at a wall. You need a computer for the job and the first two weeks I didn't have one because corporate is in Florence, MA and I had to wait ( this is why I had to literally stare at a wall) for another employee to travel there and back to get a computer! Stay away!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management and lack of training
A rewarding company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 4, 2016
I have the privilege to be working at Nonotuck for about a year and half. This company has dedicated their time to serve and help those in need. Working here has also given me the flexibility to continue on with my education.
Overall, great work environment; and a diverse community to work in.
Pros
Flexibility, great work environment, and the satisfaction of helping others
Cons
Commuting
Working at Nonotuck
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAFebruary 9, 2016
Nonotuck is a company that values its employees. One of Nonotuck's priorities is hiring caring and dedicated employees. Employees feel valued and appreciated in all they do. Civility in the workplace is one of Nonotuck's values. The workplace is friendly and caring. True team spirit is evidenced when someone needs a hand. Nonotuck truly cares about the wellbeing of all employees. I was excited to learn about yoga being brought to the workplace for relaxation. Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health began a pilot program for businesses to promote mindfulness in the workplace. Nonotuck is part of the pilot program. The goal is to have meditation and yoga sessions at Nonotuck offices. I don't think there is a better organization out there! Check out our facebook page Nonotuck Resource Associates, Inc.
Pros
meaningful work, positive and friendly workplace, flexible work schedule, benefits package, portable office (company laptop and iphone), salary increases
Cons
can't think of any
Genuine work atmosphere
Vice President of Residential Services (Current Employee) –  Central/Eastern MassachusettsFebruary 9, 2016
It's motivating to work of an agency that posses a value system rooted in caring, compassionate and individualized supports to people in need and their caregivers. Collaboration is encouraged and employees, at all levels, are empowered to take part in the larger process by sharing input and ideas. Executive leadership makes it a priority to continuously evaluate employee wellness and satisfaction, responding with innovation and encouraging each office across the state to craft its own unique personality.
Pros
Genuinely compassionate atmosphere focused on the best possible supports for people in need
Great place to work!
VP Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAFebruary 2, 2016
Nonotuck is a wonderful agency to work for; it is filled with caring, dedicated staff that take their work very seriously, providing care for hundreds of people across the state. Check us out at www.nonotuck.com
Pros
Dedication, caring
Excellent Management
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 2, 2016
As a nonprofit marketing consultant, I've worked with many organizations. Nonotuck Resource Associates has a leadership team whose passion for their mission is passed down to every employee. The highest level of integrity and civility is expected and demonstrated across all service areas. Nonotuck places their focus and energy on the individuals they support above all else. I am incredibly impressed with their management style.
Very regimented environment.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, MAMay 15, 2015
Case management requires determination, flexibility and respect of people. This agency demonstrated this. Great place to work when you want to really help others. It is a 9:00 to 5:00 work schedule with 24/7 service, which is necessary in order to be available for emergencies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nonotuck Resource Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Nonotuck Resource Associates, Inc. Reviews by Location