Noodles & Company

fooddiscountrestaurantmealdishmanagershiftrush

Productive Fun Workplace

Featured review

Noodles & Company selected this as a representative review
Was and always will be one of my favorite jobs I’ve ever had. Great people in this store. Management always there to resolve conflict and make up for extra time when needed.

Good place to gain experience

I worked there for 6 years. It’s a good place if you want an extra side job or even to make it as your only income. The old management was okay but now it’s owned by new owners. Either way still a decent place to get a job at.

Noodles & Company insights

Based on 1,523 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness

Such a wonderful place to work...

They also push you to work really hard to move up in the company!!! That's really respectable in my line of work! Been a waiter for over fifteen years and this was by far my most favorite job I've ever had

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks

Good skill building but indecent pay

this was my first job and it really helped me build and improve my skills and strengths. however i did a lot more than what i was supposed to and i wasn’t paid well compared to the work i did.

Pros

free meals

Cons

low pay

Good first job, manager makes or breaks it

Depending on which manager you get your needs may or may not be met. It's decently easy to learn the ropes, and its a fair job for a highschooler. Customers are entitled as always with food service, be ready to be treated subhuman and as a service rather than a person.I suggest going down to the location you want to apply to and keep note on how many people are working at once. If it seems understaffed do not proceed. Each task such as prepping, dishes, table running, assembling noodles, etc, are a fine amount of work when its two at a time, but if understaffed prepare to take on multiple people's worth of tasks. It may seem fine at first but trust me burnout is REAL.

Pros

Good for younger people, can be laid back

Cons

food service, management makes or breaks it

Eh

Decent pay but horrible management. The manager I had doesn’t work there anymore but the scheduling was inconsistent and the job would get extremely hectic. Even though I was front of house, I had to help cook, prep, dish, etc which wasn’t explained before being hired.

Fast pace and energetic

As an ambassador we are the face of the show. they would only have one or two ambassadors per shift even on our ,known, busiest days of the week. very fast pace and energetic.

Terrible enviornment, stressful

I worked here for a few months and I hated every second of it. It is so stressfull having to have all food out within 2 minutes or less, when there are so many orders on the screen, management does not care about anyone either. The food business is always bad but this was a different type of bad experience. Only benefit was a free meal on shift.

Fun environment

Good place to work and they have u a lunch so it was an ok place to work, very kind manager as well who was very helpful and nice to the employees . Would work here again

Fast-paced work

Great place to work, fun filled fast paced energy, multiple job opportunities. Clean environment, more jobs if you actually like doing your job. Customer service nice and friendly. Overwhelmed with managing others feelings.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Good for the experience but hard

Worked way too hard for the amount that was made, expectations didn't match pay I don't really know what else to say, it's a good first job but that's about it.

Pros

Gained experience

Cons

Had to pay for our own meals, toxic management

Unorganized

Unorganized schedule. Will remove you from schedule if they don’t like you and show major favoritism towards certain employees. Good job for teens I guess

The people are really the only thing saving this place

The only reason I stayed for as long as I did was because of the people. The amount of stress this job can put you through really does create a tight knit bind between you and your co-workers. HOWEVER, if you want to have a social life this isn’t for you. It was times where I was working around 35 hours on top of going to school so I pretty much had no free time. The managers are mostly incompetent. There are a few good ones but other than that it’s terrible. Management really only cares about pinching Pennie’s and fixing profit margins. The employee discount has been the same for years while the company continues to hike up prices and make everything into smaller portions. So if you ever eat here, don’t you can make it for WAY cheaper at home. At least they seem to have promotion opportunities. But even that’s only because the turnover rate is so high that if you manage to last over a year, your considered a veteran. But the opportunities for promotion really stop once you reach the sm or gm position. Not to mention the fact that once you become an agm or gm you are REQUIRED to work overtime. Overall this place is way too disorganized and expects you to break your back for mediocre pay. Especially if your stuck on sauté.

It was a job

Just like any other fast food/casual dining place pays decent the works easy if you need a job while in college or a first job then work here.

do not recommend

always understaffed, basically no training what so ever, hours are very inconsistent (at one point i was supposed to be working 30+ hours a week and was being given one 4 hour shift a week for almost 2 months). also management is terrible and favoritism from them is disgustingly obvious. the ONLY positive is the pay is good plus you get tips

November 1, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. We will be sure to take your suggestions on improvements into consideration.

Hectic with good benefits

Employees were extremely nice and efficient, but customers sometimes overwhelmed me (full disclosure, my first ever job). I only left because I didn't feel food service was for me. However, I still recommend this job

November 1, 2022
Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your honest feedback on your experience!

pros and cons

Store success will heavily depend on your location and your upper management team, if you're a decent GM. Some upper managers don't support you, and you often times can get into a sticky position, where you cannot do much without your upper management approval. Pay for employees aren't often as competitive, and creating your own team can be challenging when upper management's support isnt there, due to the company's policy.

Pros

Free lunch, good amount of break.

Cons

Expensive copay for healthcare, upper management is shaky

November 1, 2022
Thank you for your feedback on your experience. If you would like to share any specific concerns about your upper management team, you can do so at askhrquestions@noodles.com.

Awesome people but bad management

It's an awesome place, when there's good management. The place has not been so great. But the people can be amazing. The pay is very good, but raises vary.

November 1, 2022
Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback on your experience and hope you will continue to grow with us!

Very hard work life balance

It is difficult to take time off. Work can be very frustrating and hard to get support from upper management. Very micro management from district manager. No help in hiring process to get employees. Also, pay is not competitive and feels like you are slaved for barely a living wage.

November 1, 2022
Thank you for your feedback about your experience. If you would like additional support in your role, please reach out to askhrquestions@noodles.com to see what options might be available to you!

Awful

Awful… would never recommend working here. Management is terrible! The turnaround time in regards to employees will make your head spin. Everybody trying to quit as soon as they realize that there is literally nothing good about this job.

November 1, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. If you would like to bring up any specific concerns regarding your previous management team, you can do so by emailing askhrquestions@noodles.com.

Bad leadership as a whole

You can tell them what you need but they don’t care. Not proactive at fixing what is wrong. They only care about money. When corporate owned it wasn’t like this

November 1, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We have passed along your thoughts to the appropriate franchise partner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noodles & Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss