Noodles & Company Employee Reviews

Fun and team-oriented, love!
Server/ Host (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
This was an amazing place to work. It was exclusively based on offering amazing fast food coupled with a fine dining experience for the guest. All establishment offer great service to their customers while maintaining a team operational environment. The coworkers were the best part, and the food was really good.
Pros
Free meals and teamwork
Cons
Benefits, shift availability
Very stressful during lunch and dinner rush friendly coworkers
Noodles Cook (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2018
I would recommend working here as a teenager or looking for a job to just pay. Friendly workers and a fast pace work environnmemt. Kept clean and sanitized and are willing to train a good worker in all parts of the store
Pros
Benefits, 30 min breaks
Cons
Long shifts, stressful rushes, mom-striving workers
Good balance of work and a lenient
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 17, 2018
Great job for growth opportunities. Met great people, grew personally and financially. Provided to me a more carefree yet stable work life. Sometimes demanding but definitely worth it in the long run.
Pros
Discounted lunches.
Cons
Sometimes demanding
fun, friendly work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 14, 2018
i loved my time at this store and was saddened when i had to leave to move away. this was my favorite place to work at, so far, despite the ups and downs of the food business. it was truly like one big family and i am happy that i was able to learn and grow as much as i have, while being employed with the company.
Pros
atmosphere, advancement chances
Cons
occasional drama, schedule issues.
Surrounded by great people
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 12, 2018
Fun workplace. Great team, management was always there to help when needed, flexible work hours. Best part of the job is the team worked with and the guests served.
Well Balanced
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILSeptember 12, 2018
A typical day at Noodles was always fun, and motivating. You get your staff pumped up to serve great guest during peak times, by prepping fresh produce & food.
Pros
Fun Environment
Fun place to work
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 10, 2018
At Noodles, I was able to connect with others and work on a good team. The best part was interacting with guests. The hardest part was the fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bayside, WISeptember 8, 2018
The beginning of my working career consisted of management in large chain restaurants. I worked very closely with customers and with our employees. Completing tasks like scheduling, ordering and inventory enhanced my organizational skills and ability to multi task. On a daily basis I would be in charge of up to 20 people per shift.
My Beginning
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 8, 2018
I spent most of my restaurant years at Noodles &Co.I aa at all of my previous locations advanced quite quickly.I had a wonderful staff and there wasn't much of a turnover..It would be a place I would return to..
food service is bad, but this job takes the cake
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 6, 2018
Noodles and company as a corporation has an issue with exploiting their employees to do more than what we're paid for. It's almost an endless cycle just to stay financially stable
Pros
free food
Cons
no time for self
Ok place to work
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 6, 2018
I experienced discrimination and was unable to advance in all of years that I worked for the company. They expect you to give your all in exchange for less than you deserve.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
no breaks, no healthcare for regular employees, no consistency
Positive people
FOH/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2018
Made FOH orders and was a cashier. Can get busy and become stressful. Easy training process but they show mandatory work videos as part of training. Good job overall.
Noodles was a progressive and fair work environment great for building skills and friendships
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 5, 2018
My average day at work would be either opening or closing the store, arriving at 7am or 4pm and working a 6-7 hour shift where i was in charge of my crew members and maintaining a high quality of work and cleanliness, at the ends of my shifts I would take the drawers back to the desk count them down and record any cash shortages or extra balanced drawers. If it was a morning shift i'd take the deposit and change order in as well.

I learned a lot about people in the workplace and how to get them to work hard for you a lot of the time its just asking the right way and everyone is different so having a military-type leadership style works for some employees but not for all of them. I also became an expert on working with high school kids, a lot of my fellow members of management would complain about how difficult it was to keep them on task but I never had trouble with it, I believe this is because I liked having shift rally and 1 on 1's almost every shift to keep everyone focused on the goals for that day.

For the culture of noodles i'd have to say its a company that looks for something new constantly, new menu every 6 months and new promotions just as quick. They believed that the mac n cheese is what got them this far but zucchini noodles are whats going to take them to the next level, a very optimistic company that made it easy to stay positive.

Honestly the hardest part of the job was just being understaffed, Labor was a big importance and unfortunately at some times it felt like labor was more important than the quality of service we could give due to the staff
  more... we were allotted.

My favorite part of the job is seeing a new employee take stride in something I coached them in, having one of these high school kids who knew nothing about cooking apart from making lunchables at home in the microwave now is flipping wok pans and making 5 pene rosas at the same time. Its great to see people grow.
Pros
Free food, employee compensation for hard work, discounts for family
Cons
Hard to find staffing/hiring
Good
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 4, 2018
I learned a lot for 12 years, But I want new opportunities
Fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 4, 2018
It was always high energy and everyone was great to work with. I mainly worked the front end, but was given plenty of time to start to learn the kitchen.
Great job but only if you're in high school
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 4, 2018
Terrible management, poor training, and hours are only given to the favorites. Sometimes sent home after 2 hours of work if not busy despite trying to do extra work in downtime. Blamed for not knowing how to do certain tasks after not being trained to do those tasks and not having enough hours to learn the job. Great hours for a high school student but not if you're in college and actually need some money for expenses.
Pros
Yummy salads
Cons
Terrible split shifts with 3 hour gaps in between.
I loved this job just not enough hours!!!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 3, 2018
Very friendly environment the team was very friendly the Manger was nice and funny. He made me feel very comfortable at my job interview. Very busy restaurant and the food was very delicious.
Pros
Friendly Envirionment
Cons
Hardly Any Hours
Good place to polish skills but not necessarily advance them
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN 46804September 2, 2018
Good place to polish skills but not necessarily advance them. Offered road maps to success but never set goals or followed up on goals if they were set.
It was overall a great job
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 31, 2018
The location I was at was just opening so there was a lotlot of issues i.e scheduling, maintenance, and employee count. Other than that it was a pretty cool place.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work and make new friends
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 30, 2018
Noodles & Co is a spontaneous place to work at because of the staff and management team. Everyone works together and builds a team relationship which makes going to work enjoyable. The downside to working for Noodles & Co is the pay and the turn over rates for management.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noodles & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight